Sup Forums says game was scary

>Sup Forums says game was scary
>not scary at all

It's a great game and I love it but it's not that scary guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nna2yt1c9gI
youtube.com/watch?v=9iaOSAj2aC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd say Toluca Prison and the Pyramid Head setpieces are scary but aside from that 2 is definitely more creepy and unsettling than outright scary. I think SH1 and 3 do a better job of scaring the player, especially 1. 2 is fantastic at conveying melancholy, though.

who said it was scary?

you did

Actually general consensus is that it was probably the least scary of the trilogy but had a very oppressive, hopeless atmosphere that wore you down and stressed you out.

Silent Hill is a game series for pretentious hipsters, who like to think of themselves as intellectuals for "understanding" the "deeper psychological horror" of a "highbrow" plot about muh inner demons/something something maternity that leads to nowhere which they defend as "2deep4u".

I have to agree. That games atmosphere was 10/10

close lights, put on headphones and play the game, then we can talk again

>ugh, this video games oppressive atmosphere is like, totally stressing me out

kek
silenthillfags

nips cannot into horror

Silent hill was never scary, Its a meme by insecure kids who though Funny noise = scary.

In fact, Silent hill is the least scary series I ever played for one reason alone, and its the audio cues. Radio goes haywire whenever a monster is nearby, You basically gave me a gold card that says "Hey genius, theres a monster in this room, why dont you just wait for the Ai to walk over, and smack it with a pipe a few times?"

>Hurr durr turn off the radio

Doesnt help, because again, Audio cues. The music tenses up when a monster is nearby, the only way Silent hill could ever be "Scary" is if it was as its name implies, Silent.

Really no Horror games are "Scary" because its just 3D models on a mediocre Ai Path, with ragdoll physics and a shitty "corpse ridden" texture slapped on top. But I'd easily say Fatal Frame, Siren,. and hell, Even Resident evil fit the bill more-so then Silent hill of all things

I was legit disappointed because people talk it up so much, only to find it worse then anything else I've already played.

thanks
you seem cute.
I've banged a few chicks that are into silent hill

You are bad and you should feel bad.

>having sex with 3DPD
>having sex
>associating with 3DPD
>talking to 3DPD

I want normalfags to leave.

>video games
>scary

it sure is middle school here

I've played every Silent Hill game recently and none of them was scary. They are great games with unsettling atmosphere but I just can't say they are scary.

>tfw classic horror games are dead

I wish Dead Space didn't go to shit

The amount of shitty trolls this weekend is unbelievable

It's just too damn easy to be scary and hard is unlocked when you beat it on normal. Even if it was unlocked from the start it would be too hard for a first playthrough, it's actually very bullshit even if you know the game.
SH3 is scarier by far and that's just to the perfect balanced difficulty.

>Sup Forums thinks bloodborne is good

>unironically being scared by video games
never trust anyone who says that a game is genuinely scary

You know who I call them? normalniggers. Because white people can't be normal

I played thia shit when I was a kid and even then never found it particularly scary or well-done. Worse of the trilogy imo.

It is. It plays better than SH2 and for the most part has better atmosphere.

I thought it was scary. Had to constantly take breaks playing through the series.

Which version of this game should i buy?

>Cheap xbox version?
>Slightly more expensive ps2 version, but graphics upgradeable with emulation
>Best version, but stupid expensive PC version. Also theres the dreaded patch hunt @ install and hoping your OS still lets you play an older game to worry about in the future.

It's not a typical horror game, in the sense that you should be playing it to get scared. It's more of a mystery thriller with horror elements. You're trying to solve the mystery of why you're really there, who the other people are, why everything is happening. The decay around you is just unsettling rather than outright terrifying, there are objects lying around that might have grim implications but you'll never really know why it's set up like that. I also find there's an eerie beauty to Silent Hill over all.

>Best version
the best version is the PS2 version

youtube.com/watch?v=nna2yt1c9gI

>buy

I mean, outside the Xbox version, those are all easily accessible to you.

Buy all of them.

Fog in the PC verison has been fixed btw.

"Silent Hill is scary" is a meme.
Silent Hill is all about the atmosphere before Konami turned it into a bingo crack house.

You know scary is subjective Op?

i don't remember the fog moving so fast like it's a hurricane in the ps2 version

What's left? Audio and Shadows? Doubt audio could ever be patched.

This

I think they're running it at 60fps, which might speed up elements in the game up. I dunno.

youtube.com/watch?v=9iaOSAj2aC0

>Sup Forums says game was scary
Who said that? It's an amazing game, but it isn't scary.

I downloaded mine for a ps2 emulator and it isn't widescreen at all.

>Slightly more expensive ps2 version, but graphics upgradeable with emulation
emuparadise.me

did you try the widescreen hack? or setting your system to 16:9?

Don't tell me you weren't spooked the first time a Lying Figure crawled out from under a car.

I didn't know they could squirm on the ground insect like until my second play through. They seem to only do that in the streets.

Wow, the other thread was right. You can't really discuss any game someone likes here without someone else calling them shills.

>implying 1 and 3 arent scary as shit

Yes, but it wasn't scary, it was one of those "FUCK!" moments.

They also do it when you don't stomp them after knocking them to the floor.

Honestly, SH as a franchise are the only games I've ever found scary. I'd like to know what games do scare you if SH doesn't.

That sounds like fear to me.

They mean it's scary for your girlfriend, retard. no one plays "horror" games alone, they play it while spooning their gf on the couch so when a "scary part" happens they scrunch up against you

This. Also horror movies/games etc make girls horny, it's been proven.

Something to do with fear making their instincts force them to get close to a man for protection/survival.