Why is this game so forgotten? It's not perfect much like most Koei games but it is pretty satisfying

Why is this game so forgotten? It's not perfect much like most Koei games but it is pretty satisfying
Can someone tell me if Bladestorm: Nightmare is a lot like the first one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOGxRUmmJJk
youtube.com/watch?v=CEk6cKo1l8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GcTnkgrV7DU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually why aren't there more threads about koei games? Nobunaga's ambition? Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Dynasty Warriors Gundam? They are from a publisher who seems immune to casualization that Sup Forums hates so much.

All those bushido anime kiddies should try out some authentic Japanese history.

DW9 when?

Don't ask my why but I fucking loved that game.

Way better than any Musou ever

I dunno I tried Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires after not playing any DW since DW5: Empires, and it felt pretty casualized. Where did my fucking tactics go?

Also, $185 worth of DLC.

If you've played a decent amount of dynasty warriors, go read about Chinese history of that era because you will know pretty much every major character of that time.
Some video games make you learn

Play some other Koei series. There are a lot out there besides dynasty warriors.

Bladestorm is actually pretty fucking good

It's repetitive as all hell, but pretty alright, the concept is what wins me over

This is how Dynasty Warriors should be played as.

You're awesome, but you need to lead troops, and doing it by yourself is hard as fuck.

Also good soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=nOGxRUmmJJk

youtube.com/watch?v=CEk6cKo1l8Y

youtube.com/watch?v=GcTnkgrV7DU

man i wish dynasty warriors focused on more characters on screen and making it feel like you are taking place in a big battle, the only time i remember them actually coming close to capturing that feel was guan du or whatever in dynasty warriors 2 as a kid when the enemy actually mobilized more than 10 guys at a time on you

It's an amazing soundtrack.
Has anyone played bladestorm nightmare?

Yes.

You even get to doll up your waifu/husbando.

Which for me is either Guts or Griffith, because you're a mercenary. Pity you can't have a consistent corps of regular troops you pay.

Nightmare plays like the first, mostly because it is the first, just with a fantasy expansion campaign.

Ok i'm buying a ps4

This stuff actually looks pretty great. I'm always seeing these things in stores but I have no idea what they are. What exactly are they?

They are moderately historically accurate games done by Koei / Omega Force that range from strategy to repetitive action rpgish stuff.

Not like I have anything better to do on my PS4. Pretty sure I've seen Bladestorm going for cheap and Nobunaga for not too bad either.

Wait, Bladestorm is alright?

Fuck. I've seen it for cheap so many times and just completely ignored it.

Reminds me of Kingdom Under fire.

Is it worth 28 dollaroos?

Oh wait, I totally blanked on this, because I was remembering the original game.

In nightmare you can start with whatever unit you want, AND have lieutenants in your merry war band. The experience level you grind on any particular unit type will always transfer to whatever unit you lead, so in a way you kind of always have "your guys".

So you can totally do the Griffith, Guts, Casca, and one other guy if you wanted.

Yeah they tend to go for pretty cheap.
I'd say so? It is rock paper scissors style troop combat with mission selection/character creation etc. I feel like you could find it for cheaper.
Also know that Bladestorm: Nightmare is one of the few fantasy games made by Koei

It is pretty similar

I miss Kessen