Your favorite shit mmo back at it

will this make up for XV, Sup Forums? Will they do anymore collab events with their other shitty games?

do you think they're gonna show classes in japan's fan fest?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63112-Race-Naming-Conventions
behindthename.com/names/list.php
forum.neko-sentai.com/
imageboard.neko-sentai.com
fflogs.com/rankings/2#boss=4509
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

something that really grinds my gears about this game's story in terms of immersion is that side quests have almost 0 bearing on the MSQ.

In WoW, you could do a hundred quests making a small nuke for a bunch of undead dudes, forget about it, and later the ramifications appear in the main storyline and yet the world has zero consequences on the main story and adventurers almost never effect the WoL's canon.

that's not yda

That's not entirely true.
The stuff you do in your starting city has a way of bleeding through into the MSQ, but I'll concede the ramifications are extremely limited.

This is the cost of having a strong overarching kinetic narrative; so unless you have more money than God (and this is a game whose first expansion had less than half the budget of that Kingsglaive piece of shit) you relinquish the ability to have nonlinear/emergent storytelling.

Considering the zones are extremely limited and gated by loading screens, is it really that difficult to have two places as a starting point (like they attempted with Falcon's Nest and Sea of Clouds) with two seperate storylines that connect as sub-plots of one another? I really wanted Heavensward to be akin to WotLK's non-linear storylines, but it really set the bar low.

It's really hard to immerse into the fact there's a war when even on the frontlines, you're trying to convince lazy dudes to work and collecting X rabbit shit for someone so they can eat it and yet it has no ramifications on the "war" at hand.

Apart from maybe that one Mhigan from the Shroud that you saved returning as the Griffin, it really seems like you can just do 0 content but the MSQ to get any bearing on the setting.

There's never ever mentions of any other adventurers besides you doing literally anything unless you visit places like Rising Stones and talk to these 'veterans of the Steps of Faith' despite not seeing a single one of them there. The fuck did they do?

first for 2.5 GCD

RDM us going to be a disappointment because the game's mechanics disallows for the flexibility needed to do a jack of all trades justice.

Well yeah.
I don't know why anyone would want it or Blue Mage.

There are reasons why that's the case, but basically it comes down to SE underfunding the fuck out of the game. Stormblood apparently has a $35 million budget, but I expect it's a cheap hackjob like Heavensward and they've just fobbed off some of XV's development costs to the thing the company makes that actually generates money.

what if because of Yoshi's batman shirt two years ago and the fact he's literally known as 'the dark knight, the new class is literally Scarlet Witch and nothing at all like RDM?

I'm praying that it isn't just another glorified patch, especially since races are already de-confirmed and getting a new class isn't really that spectacular.

They already confirmed there's only one way into the new content and that's through Trump's wall, meaning that in the beginning there is only one starting zone and all of the disparity and diversity of the Grand Companies will probably not play any role in the story. Just like how it didn't play any role in Ishgard's story and had us betraying our own leaders to serve our otome game commander.

>Tfw just beat the MSQ of 2.0
What do I do now? Go into HM primals and do the lvl50 dungeons? Or should I just proceed with the MSQ until heavensward?

proceed with MSQ until HW, do HW's MSQ so you're caught up for Stormblood, then unsync all of the roulettes and ARR content you missed at lvl 60 so you can either A. solo them or B. make the most out of the rewards from Wondrous Tails for doing said content and try to make bank from doing what amounts to nothing worth while.

This is not my favourite shit mmo.

The lvl 50 Heavensward vendor trash equipment is probably better than what you're currently using, so go buy some and then work on the MSQ.

what's your favorite shitty mmo then. Are you a wowfugee?

Yes, but my favourite shit mmo was Warhammer Online.

ah, never was able to play it, as much as I love Warhammer. Was there anything that made it great? I heard it was dead on arrival basically.

The open world pvp was great, regardless of how much we whined on the forums at the time.

If pve is your thing then there wasn't really anything other games haven't done better.

2.1-2.55 Main story will feed you i90 and 110 equipment. Just go through it. You can grind poetics for 120 equipment and its upgrade to 130, but that gear will only last you into level 53, and the HW MSQ will feed you HQ lv52-58 armor in time for its relevant dungeons.

isnt augmented ironworks could work until the aery?

It can work until the vault if you really want it too.

It's just faster to go through the MSQ and get 52, 54, 56 and 58 armor for free.

How hard is tanking, for someone that has only ever DPSed casual content in this game*? Kinda wanna try out DRK.
And is it worth referencing a guide before attempting anything to make sure there's no tank-specific mechanics?

*I actually have Provoke, etc. from grinding all my classes to 30 ages ago, but I've never actually used them.

tanking is ezpz
try it for free commends

Tanking casual content is the easiest thing after HEAL ONLY healing.

This chart covers most of the basics though it's outdated. For DRK specifically, if you've played MNK and NIN, you've played DRK.

so i can get from flank to rear easily?
huh, thanks user

Yes, you only have to move between each side of the ass corner. Makes playing MNK a hell of a lot easier.

Saved.

The thing I'm mostly worried about is the whole "always be casting" thing this game has, and subsequently maximising DPS.
Dragging/positioning mobs seems fairly easy, as is using your enmity rotation, but timing cooldown usage and stance dancing seems tricky.

Thanks guys.

>tfw bought Heavensward code to get back into this game
>the code I bought is for Windows version and I have the steam one
>non-refundable and support closed the chat on me when I asked for help
Guess I won't be coming back.

>ffxiv
>steam
why
well maybe stormblood will lower the HW prices

When is japan fest

It was on sale for 20 bucks and came with 30 free days of gametime when it released for steam. I didn't think the two versions were considered separate games entirely considering I only bought it on steam, but played through the actual FFXIV Launcher.

kurisumasu

>will this make up for XV,
Make up for what? XV was good. Only WoWfugees who hate the series say otherwise.

Here have my initial work on a disappointing amounts of autism.

I'd like to throw some form of utility/healing in there so it meets that 'jack of all trades' sorta thing, but it'd still clearly be a primary DPS class.

Also the text doesn't convey this but the idea is that you can't cast magic while holding the weapon. So if you wanted to do ranged DPS or healing or whatever you'd have to just leave the weapon in the ground and forego melee temporarily. And Astral Fire would be something like 1.5x damage and 1.5x MP cost instead of BLM's 1.85 and 2, since it's harder to control with this set of actions.

Shit tank -> Wipe
Shit healer -> Wipe
Shit deeps -> Slower run

You trade 20 button openers for responsibility.

are you the samurai skill autist?

I absolutely am. I like to waste my time.

Seriously, how do I get good at this game? I'm a Gladiator, keep killing enemies during raids and get kicked or placed with a shit team. What is considered the best class?

Soda neeeeh

Are you the same guy that made this?

No, I actually dunno who made that and haven't really seen anyone claim credit for it, but it does seem to get posted often enough.

Play a dps class.

xv even when
i want dem armors

Which one in particular?

Do people even want monks anymore? Should I just give up and start leveling something else.

MONK

Giving the free trial a go, but seems im not able to play as the Au Ra race. Fuck is the point

It's late enough into the raid tier that it doesn't matter. The hardest thing these days is finding someone in your progression curve. But for the most part MNKs have been the black sheep of the melee DPS.

I just got this game and need help making a name cant think of shit

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63112-Race-Naming-Conventions

The game has a built in lore friendly name generator.

What race and clan are you?

Please tell me you're a Hellsgard Roegaedyn.
They have the most fun conventions.

Nah im making a cat girl thing cause i hear you get commendations for days

DRK is probably the most effective tank in terms of effort. Especially in dungeons where they're essentially the best at fast clears because of their toolset. If you don't play DRK well, you're more or less a glorified PLD.

Are you a decent dps player that's able to keep up his rotation and dodge red circles? If yes then tanking will be easy as fuck, if you are a shitter however, it will be just as hard

You won't get shit since there are likely to be 3 other cats in the party

lol true true

did someone say DRK?

I always report cat faggots and never give them comms

Cats have shit for naming options.
Best I've come up with is W'tkanna Kathmandu for a Sunseeker (As in, "what can a cat man do?")

>he cares about lore faithful names

i dont care for race accurate names i just need a good one that i wont cringe to hard at

90% of cats are somewhere between Sasuke Strife and Nyannyan Cutepaws when it comes to naming. The only ones going for lore-friendly names just lazily click on the name generator.

You're automatically cringy if you don't use a lore friendly name.

i mean that like your opinion man

Make a darkie tribal cat

Nope, I agree with him too.

behindthename.com/names/list.php
Scroll down to the Description section and search for a term related to whatever job you intend to play for a forename, and mash the in-game generator for a surname.

eg. If you're an Astrologian try searching for "star".
You get tons of results.

thanks dude

>people dying left and right at world of darkness
JP are overrated hack

Then you two are probably from Balmung and should stay there.

May as well ask here.
I found this forum forum.neko-sentai.com/ where they use a Patreon to buy FFXIV doujins (and especially all the one I wanted to see one day) and they translate them themselves.
But to access their doujin collection you need to give them money, should I do it?

They also have a neat booru with a lot of pictures I never saw before.
imageboard.neko-sentai.com

scan it for us

>au ra face
>roe+ body

FOR A LA MHIGOOOO

i want to cosplay as hunter
anyone know chestpiece and hat like this?

>. Especially in dungeons where they're essentially the best at fast clears because of their toolset
But that's WAR.

The Twin Adder's ARR hunt mark hat is the closest thing to a hat like that. But it's stuck that color and is obviously a bit extravagant looking.

replica dreadwyrm is pretty good but no masks
havent found the chestpice though

DESU, that's what xaela should look like considering their backstory.

WAR can't sprint for every pull, berserk/bloodbath is only up for 1 pull which is their best source of self-healing and there's typically 2/3 between each boss for fast runs.

DRK has abyssal which is on-demand self-healing when they need it for every pull, DA/DP provides as much mitigation as Shadow Wall on its own for every pull and abyssal is strong enough to out-heal any pull with just a regen provided dps is strong enough. DRK can sprint endlessly because unleash and abyssal don't burn TP unlike WAR who can't sprint due to them needing to save TP for overpower. DRK doesn't need to setup maim either.

which one is the horsefucker

>tanks getting comms
you avin a laff mate?

WAR does so much more damage on trash and bosses that DRK literally can't compete.

No, I'm just not retarded and follow the games conventions instead of using SepphirotXIV Wingangel

Nope. WAR alone does barely 10% over DRK and that's with Berserk and Eye on a dummy. DRK's dps doesn't heavily depend on cds which is why they can maintain a consistent level of dps throughout the dungeon. Berserk overpower spam doesn't do anything if a proper party will have blown everything to 25% hp by the time you get maim and maybe two overpowers off.

i fucking wish

I just downloaded FFXIV on a whim today and am patching RIGHT NOW. Anything I should know? Is it even possible for a noobie like me to have fun this late into the lifespan of the game?

be good

it's entirely possible. I recommend enjoying the early game and leveling experience as much as you can. Level, Quest, Craft, etc. The end game is really competitive and stale as fuck if you don't do it within a week of its release in the patch it comes out of, so you'll be stuck in welfare shitter raids or doing Wondrous Tails to keep yourself entertained. The funnest aspect of this game is to see if you can get so rich, you have nothing to spend the gil on desu senpai. Unless you're into RP or some shit.

>WAR alone does barely 10% over DRK and that's with Berserk and Eye on a dummy
Irrelevant, trash and bosses don't last 3m+ so WAR's burst makes a bigger gap. Current dungeons only have 2 big packs at most between bosses, so you Berserk the first one and kill it incredibly fast, and then you can either Unchained the second group (if it's going to hurt) or just stay in Deliverance for Decimate and use cooldowns like Vengeance.

>Berserk overpower spam doesn't do anything if a proper party will have blown everything to 25% hp by the time you get maim and maybe two overpowers off.
So you put Maim up while you're pulling, or if you're trash (like the average DRK player) you can just not use it at all. You still have a huge damage boost from Berserk and 2 Decimates. If the first group that you're burning cooldowns on dies so fast you can just hold Bloodbath for the second one because you won't need healing anyway.

>within a week of its release in the patch it comes out of, so you'll be stuck in welfare shitter raids or doing Wondrous Tails to keep yourself entertained.
Oh. That doesn't sound fun at all, being punished for not having no-life and poopsocking and then relegated into shitter territory forever. Cancelled the patching.

Thanks, user.

Why are you even bitching when you can just look at the fastest dungeon clears on fflogs and stop being cunts?

Fastest library clear is with a drk and fastest xelphatol is with a war, library is below 9:30 and xelphatol is 11:00

Who even uploads dungeon clears? And why are you comparing the speeds of two different dungeons when everyone knows Gubal is faster?

>Who even uploads dungeon clears?
Autists who tryhard speedruns, you know the people who'd argue for hours over which job is better for it.

If you still wanted to play, your primary solution is just to make friends and get into an FC that caters to PvE, that way you're guaranteed a slot in a raid instead of competing with literally whos for statics over the Party Finder.

It's not hard, but it's tedious. That's most MMOs nowadays though, as people try to compete for this biggest ilvl cock before the gear is turned to shit.

People that don't use lore friendly names are faggots and need to fuck off from the game.

>come back from tanking to DPS
>lost all the muscle memory
>doing like shit
>just want to spam souleater

fflogs.com/rankings/2#boss=4509

Check the fastest group speed for any dungeon.

>Irrelevant, trash and bosses don't last 3m+ so WAR's burst makes a bigger gap. Current dungeons only have 2 big packs at most between bosses, so you Berserk the first one and kill it incredibly fast, and then you can either Unchained the second group (if it's going to hurt) or just stay in Deliverance for Decimate and use cooldowns like Vengeance.

DRK self-heals mitigates more than a WAR per pull, its just math. Berserk will never get its full value with any pull with a competent party.

>So you put Maim up while you're pulling, or if you're trash (like the average DRK player) you can just not use it at all. You still have a huge damage boost from Berserk and 2 Decimates.

You don't really seem to grasp the fact that without Maim, WAR isn't going to push more dps than DRK. Not only that, the double decimate thing isn't happening unless a group lets you build up stacks. Even with Vengeance/Raw, you have to do a full maim/bb combo on top of the 1 maim you put up during the pull.

Fastest xelph is actually a DRK if you check the log. You see unleashes and other stuff.

>Everything is RNG now
>Introduce new content, yup, more RNG
>Literally everything you do operates on a random draw lottery system to determine the actual results
>Story went to shit with how the WoDs turned out to be fucking nothing and they even retconned Nanamo dying

I really liked this game, but it's dead now.

>Everything is RNG now
>now
When wasn't it? What are you talking about?