Pokken Tournament Empoleon Trailer

Is...is this just some asshole in a penguin suit?

Looks fun as hell though, freezing the ground and sliding around, baby.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_uOT721G8Y

Other urls found in this thread:

dotesports.com/potetin-woomy-gun-win-pokken-tournament-world-championships-27b0b3deb91a#.e6p8wcjgc
pokkentournament.com/en-us/championship-series/
youtube.com/watch?v=a7kGiY_6j6Q
smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/empoleon/ou/
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Slush_Rush_(Ability)
twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/805826192737783809
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOOO my boy lookin regal as fuck

let me guess, ZERO word on DLC for the Wii u? I thought maybe with this last one there'd be some little announcement. Figures.

>lowered in, sneering, arms crossed on a wave
>makes weird king noises instead of penguin sounds
>the way he greets his subjects

nailed it

how is Empoleon still the only water/steel type to exist?

the real question: what gen 7 pokken should be added to pokken?

isn't it obvious?

i'm gonna assume you meant pokemon, and answer with the only real choice

how can owlfags even compete?

ayyy duh king

how does that icy terrain shit work? do other characters slide around on it or just him?

why does he make me think of shovel knight for some fucked up reason?

Of all the water starters to choose from How did this thing beat out Blastiose Feraligator or memeninja?

I would have wanted Swampert purely because Mega Swampert is fucking awesome.

>They're still bothering to update the dead as fuck arcade version that was pulled mere weeks after release and is nowhere to be found
>They will never bother to update the WiiU version because the whole console is just as dead
>tfw you will never get to play your favorite mon Scizor in fightan

I fucking hate video games

Just wait for the Switch version.

alolan sandshrew or just incineroar

>They're still bothering to update the dead as fuck arcade version that was pulled mere weeks after release and is nowhere to be found
I can't tell if you're just being a memelord or if you actually bought into that shitposting when it was just one defective cab in one arcade.

I'd take him over pengu I've always liked him

I have to admit, I was never much of a Swampert fan but his Mega has made me appreciate him in a new light. Feraligatr is still my favourite water starter though.

user think

where was the datamining found

There's a Switch version that'll be announced in January with every character plus Buzzwole and Pheromosa as Switch exclusive characters, and Kommo-o for Switch and arcade. Believe it or not you'll see in January.

lookin fly penguin guy

>this guy was hated upon release because of its weird ass design
>now it's loved
what happened?

Obviously.

Use your head, if the arcade version was dead, why would they still be updating it and not the wii u version?

Fuck, there's even tournaments dude, stop acting dumb.

I predict some of these:

>Decidueye (other starters also have a big chance)
>Midnight Lycanroc
>Bewear
>Mimikyu
>Type:Null (Synergy Burst is becoming mega Scizor)
>Nihilego
>Alolan Raichu

>becoming Mega Scizor

What the fuck is wrong with me. I meant SIlvally.

>that regal as fuck intro
What's his super anyway?
Whirlpool with aqua jet spam?

>Pokken Switch
>Hitmonlee
>Hitmonchan
>Hitmontop
>Heracross
>Golisopod
>Nidoking
>Hawlucha never ever

I just realized since people say penguins look like they're wearing suits Empoleon has that bump thing going down his belly to make it look like he's wearing a tie.

>Ehehehe I am a paw-ka-man may-ster

look at the tiny replies trying to save this game, it's cute.

It's a Pokémon, user. Surely you've heard of them before, no?

It's a beast in-game and anime memes.

>No one said the hokuto no ken midget

But it's still getting updates, so why would it ''need'' saving?

>emperor pokemon

AYY YO

WE

WUZ

KANGZ N SHIETT

Even if this was relevant, it stopped being funny pretty much immediately.

I love how mobile he looks. Sword arms are the shit.

The fact that it ended up being amazing helped.

Probably just him, or at the very least enemies are slowed down by it. Every time he initiates an ice move, he creates a line of ice or an entire field so that way he can move around faster and become more agile. It's genius how they handled this.

Empoleon is the Emperor of all water Pokemon. He's based on Napoleon so that means he's going to go over to Kyogre and Lugia and Manaphy and all those over meme water ruler Pokemon and shove his Grandee Armee right down their throats.

look at this fancy nigga

WHEN CAN WE PLAY AS ANY OF THESE ASSHOLES? WE DON'T EVEN HAVE DARKRAI YET FUCK

>m-muh Hitmons
Why do people want these generic fighting types in instead of varied types? Autism?

Pokken Switch Tournament
Please understand

How can it even stand up with the steel blades on its wings? Better yet, how does it even bend with the steel thing on its whole body? Or even better, if Empoleon is really a feathered bird made out of meat like all others, then how do the steel bits even keep on it?

>dat miiverse drawing of Dedede, Empoleon, Chill Penguin, and Pingu with the word "Penpals"

Pokemon never made sense.

>his height is actually nearly accurate with Napoleon

Alolan Marowak

Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins Penguins

why is it always pissed

>the year of our lord 2016, going into 2017

why aren't you?

>creates ice srip
>slides under airborne charizard's fireball
>jumps up and karate chops it in the fucking head

>that Naruto run

>yfw Pokken, dlc blue balls notwithstanding, is CONTINUING to build a more balanced, polished, focused fighter than anything else you've seen this year

Not going to say I would buy a Wii U for it, but it feels weird, man

is this game dead or not can somebody explain

arcade version is doing really well
WiiU version is hanging on but the abysmal support does not help.

methinks after the arcade test we'll get a massive dump of characters

it's a Pokemon themed fighting game: a niche within a niche, but since it's Pokemon it sold well enough, even if it was on the Wii U, and I guess the arcade scene is lively enough...in Japan? They're still releasing DLC for it, and getting SOME press, even if it's not astounding.

Fuck, you're right, I confused myself. What's this game's deal?

She better become Game Freak's newest Lightning

Whoa where are these animations leaking?

Even Street Fighter 5?

On a Switch version maybe.
It's succesful enough to still get character updates and tournaments.

user, i don't want to start a fan arguement in a pokken thread of all places, but yes, I think so

wii u version has the update parts, it'll get it too

>character updates
clearly
>tournaments

dog where?

dotesports.com/potetin-woomy-gun-win-pokken-tournament-world-championships-27b0b3deb91a#.e6p8wcjgc

pokkentournament.com/en-us/championship-series/

we're only missing one big one

get ON it gamefreak

Any other boxing type pokemon you'd recommend, smart guy?

ANY of these fucks, as assists or playable fighters, and I will be happy

youtube.com/watch?v=a7kGiY_6j6Q

dunno about that, why wouldn't it have them by now? Fits with the fact that the system is super dead.

here's a webbum of the intro because it's so fucking cool

Doesn't have to be boxing at all, it can by any pokemon.

pointer data for future use

like I said they'll probably test it in arcades first then dump the whole shebang on the wii u

This looks retarded and amazing at the same time. Like if 2 fat guys were doing some crazy jackie chan stuff.

Why does it have to be boxing, Hitmons are fucking boring outside Hitmontop. If Gengar wasn't in the game i would have suggested Marshadow but eh.

>only boxing Pokemon can throw punches
Fucking Charizard has Fire Punch

Suicune can't even do that yet it's still playable.

WiiU update when?

user, we're talking about a series where a steel birb can fly and a Rock pokemon can swim, why are you questioning THAT logic?

>tfw bravest bird isn't brave anymore

>oh, cool. Empoleon
>Water/Steel seems like a solid type. Why isn't he an OUmon?
>smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/empoleon/ou/
>However, Empoleon is somewhat passive; it often just sits there hoping for a Scald burn and phazing the foe. It also loses to some of the Pokemon it is supposed to check, such as Clefable, in a last Pokemon situation. Weaknesses to common offensive types in Fighting, Ground, and Electric also hold Empoleon back a little because Pokemon often carry coverage that hit it super effectively. Finally, no reliable recovery and low Speed means Empoleon is worn down pretty easily and cannot keep checking threats the whole game without Wish support.
What can fix Empoleon? He seems solid with a few fix.

A healing move like Roost. Hey if fucking Scizor can get it, so can Empoleon

Ever single Pokemon (including gender differences, form changes and Mega Evolutions) have one low-poly model and at minimum a run/walk animation, and some have in-between animations. There was a line of code in Sun and Moon that suggest Pokemon were to follow their trainers like in HGSS and Yellow, but it was suspected to just be leftover code until yesterday.

give it slush rush
>bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Slush_Rush_(Ability)

>almost perfectly compliments alolan ninetales
>proper foil to alolan sandslash
>more dedicated users of hail team and technically an ice buff

you might be onto something user

>until yesterday.

Why?

Where are you getting these? A dataminer's twitter?

ez pz

Best guess would be they were looked over.
I made the Mawile one, the Empoleon one was from a thread on /vp/ yesterday.

What happened yesterday? Was there something about SM Switch?

So, Switch version coming up?

A dataminer posted that he had found wireframed low-poly models and uploaded them.
twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/805826192737783809
Could be one thing, sure. There's coding in the game to support following Pokemon, but the lower-poly models all lack textures. The HQ battle models rig up to the animations for the most part.

damn, that means these were almost in the final product, doesn't it? Imagine how the game would have been received if it had had following Pokemon in it.

hated due to how slow the game will even in overworld?