Are they a meme?

Are they a meme?
Do they work?
Post experiences.

it's literally just yellow glass
how would they "work"

I know what they are, but haven't had any experience with them.

I know you are giving us the benefit of the doubt to be the geniuses that we want to be, user, but why don't you tell the classroom what those glasses are for ? :)

They work but it's still a giant fucking meme and a waste of money

The block blue light, it's the same thing that using f.lux does. It reduces eye strain. They'll work for that, but at the end of the day you might as well just use f.lux.

it just relaxes your eyes, they're essentially very tame sunglasses for indoors to block light from not just your monitor but your lights as well.

I have a pair, and I've noticed a difference while using them compared to when I'm not.

They're very similar to f.lux, except instead of your eyes being exposed right to a yellow screen (which is really good for your sleep habits) they use magic lenses to reduce strain.

How they work, I don't know, but they do.

They're also overpriced as fuck.

>not knowing how to change your monitors color temps
>not just using flux/sunscreen app
>not having your lighting set to be comfy for yourself

May as well walk around with a flashing FAG sign if you wear these.

its 2016

if they sold snakeoil they would be sued beyond belief so they work perfectly op

Yes OP, it's an optimum performance gaming accessory. If you consider yourself a hardcore gamer, you MUST use those.

>american confused about a piece of orange glass not letting through as much blue light and calls it magic

I used them a lot in college for writing papers and other computer-relates work for long hours. I like them. I thouhgt they workes pretty well.

The same reason sunglasses work? Dumb ass

Screens emit light too

Meme glasses for over 100 dollar....... might as well download F.Lux for free it turns your screen yellow like while wearing the glasses......

gamer glasses are stupid.

play in a lit room and take breaks. do not play video games in a pitch black room where your display/tv is the only light source. do not do that. no amount of gamer glasses will prevent your eyes form going to shit if you do that.

check your monitor settings
select low blue light option

>overpriced gaymur glasses defense force calling anyone stupid
nice one

Dude just use redshift laughing my ass off

>select low blue light option

mine has a level meter that goes from 1-10 to choose how much blue to reduce. i set mine to 5-ish. definitely a nice option if your display has it.

I dont think you should be using it perma.
Whenever ive used lux for extended periods it takes a while for my eyes to adjust. Everything looks too cold.
Not sure if its healthy to train your eyes to see a skewed color temperature.
Im not a eye doctor but instead of skewing the colors i turn down the brightness

Just speed away from your monitor at most of the speed of light.

>wasting hundreds of dollars on gimmicky version of a product that is already overpriced in its standard edition when theres literally free apps to do the same thing

I don't know about really long term effects, but even if you use it often your eyes will adjust every time there's a change of light, that's what they were made for, I don't think skiing goggles would be a thing if it really was harmful.