So now that this year is almost over it's pretty much safe to say that you played your personal GOTY already

So now that this year is almost over it's pretty much safe to say that you played your personal GOTY already.

Tell us Anonymous, what was it? Will you replay it when times come? Was 2016 good in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ckk5l6Poe4A
youtube.com/watch?v=5Lmnir3Vc2s).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

XCOM 2 was breddy good in my opinion. Apart from that I can't think of enough good games to say that 2016 was anything other than just decent.

MD obviously.

Dishonored 2. Already beat it 3 times, will almost certainly get bored and beat it 2-3 more times in 2017. I thought 2016 was a pretty good vidya year because I'm not a contrarian faggot who hates all existing matter.

Miku!

DOOM
Witcher 3 Blood and Wine

was DQ Builders any good?

Gameplay: Deadbolt
Story: Turing test
Most fun: overcooked

Can't decide which of these three is my GOTY

I had a great year actually
GOTY is a tossup however, I played alot of games that I thoroughly enjoyed

DOOM maybe

My personal GOTY is Pokemon Moon, closely followed by Overwatch. I think generally it has been a good year for releases if you don't listen to "It's shit" TORtanic posters here.

my niggas, I've had a great year too.

how is MD?

This year was so weird, I played a lot of good games, thinking back, but the only one that I continued after finishing it was Severed, and I'd say without a doubt that is my GOTY, but I dunno, not to demerit Severed, which is a great game, but I find baffling that is really the only one that stuck with me since release.

Try it nigga, italians cracked it so it's piratable.
It's a Human Revolution focused on lore and side missions, with a short main plot that's just part 1 of 3 (the sequels are already in the works).

Personal GOTY is Overwatch for me, I replay it all the time, and I think 2016 was probably the best year videogames has had in a few years

SOON

2012-2015 were just all horrible, I remember very little, outside of some 2014 releases

They were, I think the only game I still play from that time period is EUIV and it wasn't even that great on launch

I'm not sure I've actually played a game released in 2016.

Doesn't Sup Forums usually have an award poll?

Anyways, mine was Mankind Divided. It's pretty godly despite some story flaws.

seriously, all I really remember is like maybe 10-15 games, and that's pathetically low for a 4 year period. everything else is just so forgettable, I don't know what people were smoking when they were praising 2015 last year

god I fucking hope not this year

2015 was the first year ever that I didn't buy a single new title

SMT IV Apocalypse is up there. That or #FE.

Really in to Atlus JRPGs just now.

Steins;Gate 0.
might replay it when the Steam version comes out.
2016 overall was a pretty good year, especially for AA titles

I just looked through my steam, I bought a total of 4 games that released in 2015
MGSV
Vermintide
Attila
Wolfenstein Old Blood

I enjoyed all 4 of them but that's fucking pathetic, and 2 of them were budget games

yeah AA titles really shined this year

how was #FE? It was on my watch list

Pic related was the only I really enjoyed enough to replay someday. Definitely one my favorite FE games.

Stardew valley
it was the only game i played the entire year and thought it was just good not amazing

XCOM 2 was great

Formulaic at times, with a great battle system, great OST, and fun dungeons with just enough puzzles. Good characters, as well.

>Playing a game developed by a pedophile
Shiggydiggy

you wot?

define formulaic? Rest sounds good

Every chapter is free roam, dungeon, mid boss, dungeon again, meet the boss, get an upgrade, beat the boss, repeat. It gets a little tiring, but if you split it up with side quests it becomes less obvious.

as long as the game works I don't see the problem

Yeah I agree, I just thought I should point out that it's a very obvious formula

I get you, sounds fun, but it's still quite expensive. I assume it's hard to come by

The dev accosted a 15yo girl

proofs? Like what the absolute fuck

DXMD. I thought Dishonored 2 just might top it, but Arkane fired all of their writers AND fell for that dreadful "id engine" meme.
XCOM 2 was great too. Overall, this was a good year.

I agree, commander.

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse

I definitely don't like it as much as IV, but once you get passed the friendship bullshit it's pretty gud

The 2016 presidential election

This truly cemented 2016 as the best year
>that fucking thread on /h/

SMT #FE

Shit year in general.

2012-2015 were way worse

No Game of the Year this year. Nothing released appeals to me.

The Surge will probably be my Game of the Year next year.

At least youre being honest instead of going
>hurr its shit

Largely NOTHING wrong with that

16 is legal in most states, i dont know why people tempt fate with underageb&

I don't lay down a final verdict till I've played a game. I don't read reviews, either. Not even Steam reviews.

Source: My ass

Need more people like you. Nothing drives me more insane than people who judge shit before playing it. Unless its obvious that is.

Not a knock on you senpai, but how do you even find out about new games?

That pussy fine.

It's not, but you can't help what you're attracted to.

but Shantae isn't out yet

Soon. For real this time

You say that now, but wait until you've trawled through thousands of games looking for gems.

There's too many. You can't afford to be open-minded, generalizations have to be made in such a media saturated environment.

And I can honestly say, that after spending so much time looking for and at new games, a game can lose me in less than a second. Less than half a second in some cases. The verdict is Not Interested.

Dude, sell me on going back to it. I played for about 4 hours and then just dropped it. I honestly liked the combat system, but the story and characters seemed like shit tier levels of pandering. Didn't know it was going to be so heavy handed with the idol shit.

Sup Forums, usually. Other than that, I follow a few series religiously.

I don't visit gaming news sites because I want to murder all game journalists.

That's why I said nothing appeals to me this year. I judge a game based on trailers and gameplay videos.

If I see something I don't like, then I don't play it.

Bravely Second. Though its been a pretty lame year so far. Civ 6 may have been better but I can't afford it. Though I'm still weary of paying full price for a vanilla Civ game

Continued.

I don't lay down a final verdict till I've played the game, however. That's why I can't contribute to a lot of threads.

I don't watch Twitch or YouTube fags, either.

Well the problem is that alot of people will ignore good games because of things out of its control such as an obnoxious fanbase. Then you have platform warriors that deem everything the competitor puts out as shit, and all sorts of other nonsense. You cant trust anything anymore

Cant say i blame you

The only two games that came out this year which I really liked were Spirit of Justice and Planet Robobot.

Will probably play both again but not next year or whenever SOJ gets ported to phones.

Dev posted on the thread
Literally more posts in this thread in a day than whole of /h/ in a month

EDF 4.1

Devil Daggers
Still on the road to 500

Lmao i remember that

Good taste my man.
SMT IV Apocalypse was a nice upgrade over SMT IV, surprisingly good.

What game is that?

I had a weird year for games - it went by really quickly and many games bled into each other to the point where I'm not even sure what I ended up playing. I just looked at 2016's release schedule and realised I played a lot.

I probably put the most time into Dark Souls 3 and enjoyed it a lot, ditto with XCOM2. My pleasant surprise of the year was Titanfall 2. I expected a throwaway campaign with decent multiplayer and got a great campaign with good multiplayer - way exceeded my expecations.

I still have Doom waiting to play that I picked up last week, which I've heard is good shit. I feel like I pretty much ignored indies this year, which is kind of rare for me.

>GOTY is fucking VN

Because I liked it. It takes a lot to make me cry.

Doom is great

Arcade FPS where you shoot skulls and assorted hellspawn to survive as long as possible. Hard as hell, extremely rewarding and fun
Have the world record run: youtube.com/watch?v=ckk5l6Poe4A

Hot diggity

Bump

What was worse, colonial marines or no man sky

I have to admit I don't play FPS games at all, so I can't be be too fair to games like DOOM, titanfall 2, or overwatch or etc the kinds of games my friends would say is GOTY. I'm more of a nintendo/arcade kinda gamer.

My personal GOTY 2016 though, has gotta be Rabi Ribi all the way. I love bullet hell games, metroidvanias, platformers, and cute anime girls, and the game manages to put these things together in a wonderfully fitting way. I don't even think I can explain how much I love the game in this post, I love it to heck. It has the metroidvania feel of a game that you can do sequence-breaks or limited-item runs in such varied ways it keeps the experience fresh everytime (and the steam achievements encourage this, implying that the game's map was intentionally designed to allow for all sorts of interesting challenge runs); it also balances the bosses in such a way that even if you're equipped with a huge number of upgrades, the boss difficulty is matched to your equipment. It starts you out in a prologue where you have nothing to a big map full of all sorts of upgrades, so you can really feel the growth and empowerment of the double jump, air dash, triple wall jump, ground slide and all that, and endlessly customize your attack potential. The boss fights are just spectacular too, the game really incorporates bullet hell elements with complex platforming elements really well.

The "artbook" DLC also adds much more than simply an artbook; you get a variety of miscellaneous gameplay features including playable other characters, and the ultra/impossible difficulty modes are significantly more challenging than the game can already get, which ranges from "casual" to surprisingly pretty tough. Also can't forget the music of the game; I loved pretty much every theme, and it ranges from adorable to hype as heck (like youtube.com/watch?v=5Lmnir3Vc2s).

I could go on; I loved every detail of this game and it was perfect for me. (Based devs keep updating too!).

>cute girls
Youve got my attention

Rabi Ribi reminds me of touhou in a way.

Some people go in expecting to meet lotsa cute girls falling into their lap. Then they realize (at least on the harder difficulties) that those cute girls are gonna kick your ass with colorful bullet patterns again and again, all without a particularly good reason except it's like how people greet each other in that world almost, some smugly rude misunderstood conversation turns into a death battle which gets smugly shrugged off afterwards. But by the time you've done that you've forgotten the game isn't focused on you as an MC doing things with cute girls per se (since you are already a cute girl too), but it's mostly just focused on being a fun game, with a large variety of colorful patterns and with good music alongside it.

And then when you've finally beaten the game, you get along with all those cute girls as friends, and THEN you can start looking up the doujins and having your loli fantasies or whatever focused on the cute girls again.

I will go to g.e right now and look up their nudes

yakuza 6 comes out tomorrow so we'll see

>g.e
user your pureness is cute, but too bad, you're probably not gonna find anything there.

Probably Future Tone for me. I wasn't expecting the level of complexity in it compared to the other games and will likely be playing it well into next year.

Either Kirby Planet RoboBot or Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Kirby was a blast start to finish, and TMS had a fun battle system never played anything like it.

DaS 3 was my favourite experience this year, and was leaps and bounds ahead of DaS2.

I like vanilla too much
I know of the panda however

Love kirby

Dark Souls 3 was my most played
XCOM 2 was my favorite overall
Dishonored 2 and D44m are honorable mentions