Is this any good?

Is this any good?

The only good thing to come out of the entire Alien franchise since the first two movies. Just make sure you play on higher difficulties.

It's amazing, only problem it has is that it just really begins to drag out later on. A level or two before the end I was saying just fucking get off the ship already

Depends on how much you like stealth games with insta-death and lots of trial and error. The atmosphere and aesthetic is flawless though.

Yeah I'm gonna play it on Hard because I'm hardcore. You know what I mean bro?

Great game, style and tension are 10/10. Play on hard or nightmare though. I finished my first nightmare run a few days ago, and it was a blast, the difficulty really added to the scare factor.

also you get to use this sexy beast, how cool is that?
actually guns are pretty much useless apart from 2-3 situations in the entire game

Best horror game I've played

if you like walking simulators - yes.

This sounds sarcastic, but the first user's advice is sound. The alien and other foes will no longer be scary if you don't have a scarcity of supplies. I played on nightmare and still had too much, although I wouldn't suggest nightmare because it breaks certain usability features.

No, one of the worst games i have ever played.

Go play AvP, AvP2 or Alien Resurrection.

It's painful that they give you such a meaty gun and then a) never let you use it and b) never have it do the damage you'd expect it to.

It's great although there are points were it's so damn hard with the alien you get exhausted going over and over again. I gave up and came back through a few months playing this game.

right, theres no way that the devs might improperly balance the difficulties

Just cracked this open last night actually. I like it a lot so far. Scratching that Dead Space itch for sure.

seriously, the lighting in this game is magical. Probably my favourite game ever when it comes to aesthetics

you are shooting at invincible xenos or spoopy robots.

I wish soma had been as scary, soma did have a better story tho

>Aliens
>Good

tut tut

2014 GOTY

he shouldn't have become hysterical.

It's really quite exceptional. Horror game done right. The beginning is a bit brutal and the game drags on a bit, but other than that it is amazing. Make sure you play in the dark with headphones and on high difficulty.

>Play in 5.1 surround sound or with a good pair of speakers
>Hard or nightmare mode
>turn out the lights

And there you go, for 2/4s of the game it's the best horror game ever made. The ending is garbage and there's some very mundane bits but the parts with the Alien are probably the most intense moments in all of gaming. There are few horror games that come close to the sense of atmosphere this game has.

It actually takes about two hours in to get to the Alien and it doesn't show up for a lot of the game. For the most part you're dealing with other humans and androids.

Tips:
>watch out for ceiling vents
>the alien will learn your behaviour patterns
>The Alien can see through glass
>The alien will hear you running from a mile away
>Don't waste your stun gun or flamethrower ammo

I've been told the alien can hear the bleeper (the radar thing I can't remember the name of) can someone confirm this?

yeah, every enemy in the game can hear the tracker if they are close

Colonial marines was objectively a better experience.

Isolation is 10x better than that trash heap of a game Gearbox released. Even AvP2010 is better than A:CM.

It's ok. Never finished it. Games where you have to crouch walk to sneak around everywhere have gotten really stale for me.

Stop Picthford, this is just sad.

Decent but overrated. The Evil Within is leagues better.

Great sound design, though.

What is it with Alien universe droids and stuffing newpapers down people's throats?

Don't try to fight the androids. They will fuck you up and the noise will attract the alien.

That's how androids let off sexual frustration.

rapey

TEW was garbage, Isolation was much better in every aspect other than combat, which wasn't the focus anyway.

TEW was just a shitty RE4, with a garbage story, shit bosses, and horrible performance issues even on high end cards at the time while looking like shit.

t. Complete moron.

isn't that why ash actually did it? because he wanted to fuck ripley but couldn't?

>Aliens
>bad compared to everything that came after

Resurrection > Aliens > 3

It's pretty cool, being a fan of the movies. The only thing bad about it to me is that I don't like the hide and seek gameplay at all. But that doesn't mean I think it's a bad game. It's just not the type of horror game I enjoy.

I disagree and think you should kill yourself for having such a poor opinion.

I'm 2 hours in on medium difficulty and died 5 times
I like it

I love it but for it to be enjoyable, always find and save at a save station constantly (you'll hear a beeping noise)

There are literally no checkpoints in the game, so dying can literally make you rage

It becomes a slog of chores halfway through and all the tension is sucked right out, to where the encounters are just annoying and boring. Here higher difficulty only means more annoyance, not more challenge.