Redbull me on Nintendo when it comes to story

How far ahead do they plan their games?

They asspull every game.

How did they asspull pic related 15 years after the release of Ocarina of Time?

they love games, every other company hates game but love money

Same way Kingdom Hearts does its shit:

You vaguely refer to a past era, and then you can visit it if you want, but people have such short attention spans that you don't have to do so.

omg zelda is so deep!

What are you trying to imply with this image?
The lines at the nose and chin have no connection to the respective areas on the Sheikah Stone, the "Eye" has minimal connection to the headpiece, mostly because one is an eye and the other is a headpiece.

Not to mention Yuga has no connection to the Sheikah.

What next, you gonna claim that Yuga created Nayru's Love because his earrings are the same shape and color?

But A Link Between Worlds is a far-gone sequel to Ocarina of Time, not a prequel. I was prepared to test your competence with a series of rhetorical questions if you answered more correctly but on topic. Yet... you failed my test by pursuing a red herring before we even began.

>How far ahead do they plan their games?
None. They put together the mechanics of a game, prepare the characters, then put together the story. That's it. Any other story or fanservice bits are just throwing in familiar objects or references.

You're just kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I am saying Yuga is a Sheikah and the Gossip Stones were foreshadowing what they look like.

Pokemon Sun and Moon was GameFreak's best attempt at story yet. Even still, it was too intrusive for the first two hours, and Team Skull's relation to Aether is never properly rationalized. Much better attempts at characterization in general though. Your character having little agency in the story is a problem, but the characters who are important being likable helps. It's better than what Gen V did, tying the most plot relevant character's arc to battling you, a guy who's totally silent. Lillie's simplistic admiration of the player's strength works much better than N observing the "bond" between you and your Pokemon or whatever bullshit.

Zelda is the "story" franchise but their only big attempt at writing a true epic was Skyward Sword. It was solid but I prefer the more streamlined Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, and even the bizarre Majora's Mask. Ocarina is far less sentimental, but I still prefer it to Skyward Sword. Maybe it's just nostalgia.

well, that's dumb.

> am saying Yuga is a Sheikah
I've already explained why that's a baseless calim
>Gossip Stones were foreshadowing what they look like
What?

We already know what the Sheikah look like, Impa was one of them, Every single version of Impa, in fact. There was no foreshadowing. There was nothing to foreshadow in the first place.

>redbull me

every zelda game comes out of a different universe.

none of them are the same.

If they were somehow connected they creativity would severely handicap them

>every zelda game comes out of a different universe.
>none of them are the same.
What proof do you have for this?

Zelda 1 ends with "End of The Legend of Zelda 1" in case you've never played it. And Miyamoto said they named it "The Hyrule Fantasy" because they intended to be a series, Zelda II was subtitled "Adventure of Link" to convey a sense of storyline.

>If they were somehow connected they creativity would severely handicap them
Nobody is dumb enough to believe that. Miyamoto has said he values stories but isn't good enough to write them himself aside from the first two Zeldas.

>If they were somehow connected they creativity would severely handicap them
But AoL was a direct sequel to LoZ, and then ALttP was always marketed as a direct prequel to LoZ. And then LA a sequel to ALttP. Then OoT was marketed as a prequel to ALttP, as the sealing war they talk about in the opening. They were always connected, you stupid faggot. There was always, always a timeline.

LOLLL

No.

And it was already said that they don't work on story until the gameplay is done.

>Then OoT was marketed as a prequel to ALttP, as the sealing war they talk about in the opening.
Not that guy, but the irony is you're the stupid one.

Stop beign a Zeldafag, the game is full os plotholes. Just check the maps, it is full of retcon in each iteration.

There has never been a plothole in a Zelda game. Not any that has ever been posted on Sup Forums at least.

>the gameplay changed therefore it's a retcon.
Yet people bitched when LBW used the same map as LttP

Okay, cheers. At least you understand my valid point anyway.

Because someone asspulled that image

Aight mate, just watch your language.

Explain Lost woods position and Hyrule Castle in each iteration of the game.

Tip: You can't.

Also, I've played all Zelda games, it is full of plot holes. Skyward itself has some plotholes.

Three time travel mechanic is a good example.

Another example is the fact that the first princess Zelda is actually the one you save in Zelda II, but Skyward says that it is the goddess Hylia.

Really makes me exercise those little gray cells

For Zelda, it's there, but it's subtle and vague. Well it used it to be. Zelda shouldn't have direct connections to the games outside of games that are developed to be continuations of a past title. Hyrule Historia is bullshit, and should not be taken seriously or used as a basis for any argument. Zelda being vague with its references and lore is what made it stand out, directly tying all the games together loses that mystery and wonder.

Nintendo generally thinks up each game's mechanics or gimmicks first then build the story around that. I'd say they don't plan very far ahead at all.

Which is fine. The backstories in each Zelda game, except where obvious connections are made, are generally vague enough that they can pretty much incorporate any story they want into the series.

DEESPST LORE

damn..... really makes you think...

They spend years making the actual games. They put a story in on the last day.

For Zelda? They probably put in cheeky references and nods in their games to other ones, like they always do, and people thought that it meant they're connected. When people asked for a timeline, I'm willing to bet Nintendo said "well shit".

What's worse is that they actually complied.

top kek

>Explain Lost woods position and Hyrule Castle in each iteration of the game.
An NPC in ALttP who got turned into a tree wonders about this too, specifically how he got to the grove area all the way from the Lost Woods. He says the woods must be somehow connected, but there's no warping between them. Also, I believe it's the official Japanese guide or a Nintendo Power guide (as in a walkthrough in the magazine, not the unprofessional story guide they released), says "The Eastern Palace, once an ancient Hyrule Castle. It has been left derilict to the forest."

In A Link Between Worlds you see this for a fact.

>Tip: You can't
Just did.
>Also, I've played all Zelda games, it is full of plot holes. Skyward itself has some plotholes.
So have I, and they're not. Skyward Sword doesn't either. Time is contingent on the bond between Fi and the Master Sword, or Hylia being present. It's been this way since OoT when Sheik tells you "as long as you posses the Ocarina of Time and Master Sword, you hold time itself in your hands." The time-travel in Skyward Sword is just pocket holes that can manipulate matter back and forth, and through time. That's why you can't turn on two at once. Because their time-loops would clash.
>Three time travel mechanic is a good example.
Termina has its own physics and own time-keeping but is still subject to Hylia's power who continually does same thing Zelda does at the end of Ocarina of Time. Except the world doesn't end in those timelines because the Ocarina of Time goes with Link. See Sheik's quote. Ages follows simple Grandfather Paradox-esque school of time. You can tell because of the twist at the end because Ralph tries to create a paradox by murdering his great great great great great great great great grandma.

>Another example is the fact that the first princess Zelda is actually the one you save in Zelda II, but Skyward says that it is the goddess Hylia
Has never been canon. ALttP confirmed this ages ago.

I WANT OT BELIEEV

>literally one second apart.

>Zelda II not canon
>It's in Hyrule out of ass Historia chronology.

You just bullshited everything user, Zelda is nonsense. Kokiri Forest in TWW is in a different position from TP, which is in a different position from OoT.

How the Stalfo who teaches Link sword abilities is able to do that, if he is actually Link from OoT?

Skyward stabilished that each Link is an incarnation from another one... So... if OoT didn't die, how can he be reborn as another one?

And what about Lake Hylia? Death Montain? Stop making excuses for this mess.

Well I feel a bit better knowing OP is more autistic than I am

I didn't say Zelda II was noncanon. I said that your theory about is noncanon. The story takes place between ALttP and Zelda 1, because the Triforce of Courage is secreted away. There is no ancient mummified Zelda locked away in a crypt like you and everyone who believes this is implying. The game is implied to be a long time after, but the King cast the spell to find the worthy heir before he died. Meaning there was no other Link after that until LoZ Link.

>Kokiri Forest in TWW is in a different position from TP, which is in a different position from OoT.
BECAUSE THE WOODS ARE MAGIC AND MOVE. They don't move as fast as Hyrule Historia claims, but they still encroach uninhabited places. And they are called the "Lost Woods." Are you being serious right now? In Four Swords Adventures, a Deku even says it hopes they engulf the entire world.

>Stalfo who teaches Link sword abilities is able to do that, if he is actually Link from OoT?
He's not. HH is noncanon.

>Skyward stabilished that each Link is an incarnation from another one... So... if OoT didn't die, how can he be reborn as another one?
I know. I've brought up this point multiple times before. But that's not a fault of the games, it's a fault of the writer for that book.

>And what about Lake Hylia? Death Montain?
What the hell about them?

>Zelda II is between 1 and 3.

I stopped here. Really, you are pulling stuff out of your ass. LOL

Read the fucking game manuals.

Keep pushing and twisting and deforming the maps to fit everything all you want.

See ya.

this
Calamity Ganon cannot exist in the current OFFICIAL timeline
Ganon cannot be revived since he got destroyed in all the possible prequels

The backstory you tektite brain.

How on earth do you know that Breath of the Wild isn't set in the parallel universe that they left behind at the end of Skyward Sword with the Master Sword?

Zelda II is after 1, but Zelda 3 is a prequel.

The stuff inside the Zelda II manuals is part first part of the story. Skyward retconed it.

Every Zelda is called Zelda, because the Zelda's brother made a law about it, because he felt guilt of his own greed. By the end of Zelda II there are 2 Zeldas, the one who is sleeping and the last one, that you save from Zelda 1.

The legend of Zelda, is about the legend of this prince and his sister.

because this game has a strangely Treehouse air around it...I don't know why in this game Zelda talks like an american whore, I don't know why they sexualized her, I don't know what's the big deal about food, like nobody else is already doing this, I don't know what the big deal is with the world, since looks fucking empty and lifeless even after the last boring trailer with that boring litany that for sure the guy that made the farty 3ds Yoshi theme composed.
In general I think that this game tries to much to pander on nostalgia, but also tries to introduce new stuff but fails. Nothing is original or interesting.
Also the character design is boring, and the title too

tl;dr This looks like Skyward Sword 2: Moe Anime Shit UMD disk

MM is still the best one lads.

ebin

Same way Kubo does.

>yfw OLD MAN ZANGETSU WAS THE QUINCY KING ALL ALONG

I'm having a really difficult time measuring which one of you is more stupid.

>character is supposedly a "master artist"
>his pictures are shitty toon link doodles that even a four year old can draw better than

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far

zelda is not about story , it's about gameplay and so far botw plays like ASSSSSSSSSS

>people ITT actually arguing over Zelda timelines and landmark locations and continuity

Just stop, Zelda's story and setting is such a clusterfuck at this point and it's clear that Nintendo never intended an overarching continuity for any of this shit. The only way any of this shit makes sense is if you treat the games as a retelling of the same legend by different cultures - in some there's an ocean, in others you're in the sky, but there's always a hero, a villain, and a princess.

Not that hard to believe considering the massive plotpoint of Uryu being able to channel Ichigo's humongous energy when he BTFO the first Menos and then can't turn off the faucet. Don't they say that when you're so powerful, other people can't sense your spirit level because they aren't in the same spectrum as you? So how did Uryu not just sense but manipulate this unless it was that Quincy spirit energy?

Kubo planned it all along. You're just not thinking because you browse Sup Forums and are accustomed to the dumbass shitposters that are the lowest common denominator of humanity.

This is not hard to do.
>character mentions blue in 1981
>character in new game recalls the color blue
HOLY SHIT, THEY PLANNED THIS ALL ALONG!

you ever tried painting with dark magic?

He's a commentary on modern high class art.

Not even gonna read.

k
good to know

see
Unless Hyrule is centered on the biggest tectonic plate clusterfuck the world has ever seen, there is no reasonable explanation for this.