Playing this for the first time ever and I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit pants. The world so empty and lifeless...

Playing this for the first time ever and I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit pants. The world so empty and lifeless, combat is stiff and simple, a lot of it is really cryptic too. I had to look up a guide to figure out there was a heart container in the graveyard and how to get the sun song. And even with a guide I couldn't understand how to get all those chickens.

Just entered the belly of the beast and I'm getting pretty fed up desu. The dungeons are ugly as fuck, very slow and boring to traverse. Does this game get any better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ACniBgfYYU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

here is your (you)

Nintendbabbi detected.

>Does this game get any better?
No.
The whole LoZ series is a piece of shit for unfortunate kids who had N64 instead of PS1

Not OP but lets be honest here.
This game aged like fucking milk.

it was never good in the first place
thankfully it did influence other developers who used this game's ideas to create similar but much better games

The fuck is the point of playing the version with inferior graphics?

>This game is ugly as fuck
>Released in 1998

Wow who would have thought by today's standards this game looks like shit?

Gee whiz. You must have a fucking doctorate.

>its a bit pants

What the fuck?

>I give this game burrito out of hand soap

>not playing this when you're 8
Overage b&

Kk dunky

>The fuck is the point of playing the version with not ruined atmosphere?

fixed

literally who

Explain. How does GC version ruin the atmosphere?

Play awesome ps1 games instead.

youtu.be/ACniBgfYYU4

I know this is bait, but yeah, the game is garbage.

@359854707
Not even giving you a (you)

I think they might mean the 3ds one.

Did GC change anything other than MQ?

huh? It literally just has nicer textures

Haha this thread.

And Breath of the Wild isn't wiping its arse with every modern game by being the first game to try to replicate Ocarina of Time's best features. YYYYYYeeeeeeahh.....

Calling you guys "dumb" is a compliment because it carries the suggestion that you are even within the spectrum of mammalian intelligence.

five pixels are a shade lighter

panic
despair

No you fool! Don't you see?! We should ALWAYS hold obsolete technology up to the current standards! Espcially in the medium known as videogames!

Reminder that the game is literally older than OP.

let's be honest here.
You just wanted some (You)s

No.

this

savage

Feels good to have the non-baby version

It's mostly minor stuff, but here's everything that's changed in the gamecube version (not counting changes made to later revisions on N64 like changing red blood to green). Also all the changes including emulation errors were brought over to the VC releases, with the controller information reverted.

>Guide

Playstation 3 gen will never, ever, understand the thrill of discovering something.

I didn't even know english when I beat that game. It was awesome.

it's not going to be enjoyable to you in this day and age.

you had to play it as a kid which may or may not say a lot about the game.

I like the dungeon designs, but everything else is dated as fuck. Back in the day, it would blow your mind to talk to all these different people and ride around on a horse and all that shit, but if you're an adult, who's already played a bunch of modern shit, that kind of stuff isn't going to blow you away.

You're better off playing Wind Waker or some other Zelda game. Maybe the new one since that one appears to be going in a new direction, or old direction depending on how you look at it.

It wasn't good back then either.

Yo, I've been reading this book and the print is kinda small compared to my Kindle and the page-turning mechanic is getting pretty repetitive. Frankly, the graphics aren't that great and I don't really understand the story, I've had to look up cliffnotes just to get past the prologue. Does this whole "reading books" thing get any better?

I had both.
OoT was the best role playing game from either system. You can suck eggs, you teenager.

Damn, I feel old now and this post is true. Like, not only was OP unborn at this game's launch, he wouldn't even be able to comprehend it for another 4 or 5 years. I graduated high school by the time OP knew what a UI was. I had impregnated a girl and coerced her into aborting the fetus before OP could walk.

>scarecrow thing
what really? even on the 3ds version? never knew this

>Started playing videogames on a Xbox 360.

>Its YET ANOTHER oot hate thread

You guys are just as bad as nintenbabbies.

It's a love it or hate it type of game. I hated it too but found majoras mask fun since it was more condensed.

>sun song

>openly admitting to being an underage faggot

>Zelda
>role playing game

You role play as the Hero of Time. You can name him Link. Or FUCK. Or after yourself.

OoT is kind of like Half Life or any other well liked game from a long ass time ago, in that you always get people who have played over a decade worth of games that were inspired by and improved upon it's formula, then they hear the hype, try it out, and wonder what's so special, and then shitpost on Sup Forums calling it overrated/overhyped (and they're usually not entirely wrong).

And it ALWAYS starts the same exact circlejerk.

You're right. Playing this for the first time today is a bad idea. My house dug out conkers bad fur day, and I'm playing it for the first time, and frankly it stinks. Most N64 games aged like milk.

And you supplied them

I'm 28yrs old and I quite enjoy both OoT and MM
Even more so than WW and TP
The N64 games are on par with the SNES games in my opinion

It's not in the 3DS version but you can still record your song if you want even though it doesn't do anything. It's never been emulated out of the N64.

Then in that case, ETS2 is one of my favorite RPGs, where you role play as a truck driver.

Idiot.

Well, when the rest of us had already been playing 2D games that amounted to basically platformers, fighting, and racing games...when 3D open-world adventure Ocarina of Time with all it's ocarina songs and treasure discoveries and combat and horseriding and town exploring and dungeon diving and secrets and non-linearity and mechanics and everything it was just such a huge blast of new ideas, all of which were masterfully implemented even by today's standard, it leaves a goddamned huge impression.

Any game where you immerse yourself as a character is a 'role playing' game. The constant need to define rpg just proves that people like you don't actually enjoy playing games, you just like to bitch about them

I'd being willing to grant you that if you role play as the truck. But you don't.

Here's a (You) to call your very own.

OP imagine you are 10 years old.
Now imagine not only that, but the year is 1998 or 9 or whatever the fuck.
Now go even further and imagine you only got a system that has a dozen games that are worth it and you are forced to play that one new title for fucking months in order to get any fun out of it.
Imagine your 10yo clueless self forcing yourself to have fun with something.

That's the nostalgia-fueled, pink-tinted appeal of Zeldashit.

It's an extremely overrated game

Do you also have the original Fire Temple music?

Kill yourself.

topgeg

>I had to look up a guide to figure out there was a heart container in the graveyard and how to get the sun song. And even with a guide I couldn't understand how to get all those chickens.
Just turn it off, throw away all your video games and kill yourself. this is a game literally made for children you asshole

>post yfw people born in 1999 will be able to post next year

Underage ban this faggot, mods.

Yup. That's was I doing as a kid. Forcing myself to play a game I didn't like. When my parents were angry I was inside playing video games, I told them to shut the fuck up because I was doing it out of self-loathing. It wasn't because I wanted to play. I fought to be able to do the things I didn't want to do as a child. Like all children do; sought out the things they hated and shunned what actually liked.

How Amish are you? Should you be on a computer right now?

We didn't have that here. Only Nintendo World (the brazilian Nintendo Power) did a walkthrough, and it took about 6/8 months to finish it.

The OP, and possibly you are too spoiled and can't discover anything anymore.

OoT was truly unique.

>Playing this for the first time ever
Well shit. Try that again but in 1998 this time.

If you can't appreciate OOT as the best game in vidya history, you don't deserve to play vidya at all. Its supremacy over everything should be so obvious that yoi have to be literally retarded to not realize it.

The greatest game ever.

>complains world is empty
>uses guides instead of exploring to find secrets

There's your problem, kiddo. Maybe you'd enjoy Skyward Sword more than this

This. Nobody should even debate this.

I didn't like this game because hot supermodels weren't sucking my cock while I played. What a boring game.

If you haven't played OoT by now you're underage and have no way to truly understand it as you aren't playing it in context of the time it was released.

>games age
>i-it's a good game I swear you just had to play it back then!!!111

ahahahaha this level of nintoddler delusion

Kill yourself, underage faggot.

What's so impressive about the pyramids??? It's just square rocks built on top of each other. So dumb it doesn't compare to anything nowadays what overrated "Wonder of the World" bullshit.

>underage

I'm 25 you shitlord. I just didn't grow up with Pretendo 64.

No wonder your salty. You had a shit childhood

And what about that old movies? They were black and white. LOL

I won't even start at Disney animations. That Snow White looks like shit compared to Zootopia. LOL

Overhyped shit movies.

I'm salty because I merely chimed in on your "its a good game but except its not good nowadays :( you had to play it back then but its good I swear!!!!!" comment?

Alright then :^)

I know right, they're all broken ans shit, too. I read once they apparently were covered in something but that was like thousands of years ago the pyramids age we need to move on VR is here now I need sex VR games.

its weird that you'd post twine considering that the n64 version of that is better

If they were same games you could probably compare them. But they are developed by different people and merely use some of the assets.

Where the fuck does the girl disappear to after you kill the boss in the belly of the beast? I cant find her anywhere and I need her to activate a pressure pad so I can leave.

Cool image you posted there . I had an N64 and PSX

why not post an actual playstation exclusive though? not being rude or anything, i just found your choice confusing

Like most early 3D and early N64 games, it has aged pretty poorly. If you're able to forgive some dated stuff you'll be able to see a pretty impressive (for its time) 3D adventure. It's just rough since it's an early title on N64 and they were still getting their bearings.

It gets enormous respect due to its impact at the time and fanboys of the title clinging to it as the best. I honestly still prefer the top-down Zeldas so you might try one of those OP if you're just starting the series.

>role playing with giant robots

every fucking time

You have to be absolutely deranged to think a generation of kids would force themselves to play something they hate. Would you honestly rather not play with lego's or something else if you absolutely hated the game your parents bought for (You)?

Kill yourself.

No, you have to be absolutely deranged to think that kids dont enjoy any kind of shit you put in front of them

underages these days are fucking shameless

>because the ending is a pre-rendered video file rather than being rendered in-engine
So the ending in the GameCube version is really playing a recording of the ending, whereas the N64 version is rendering in real time? Huh?

I didn't know this until now so I went digging in the ISO, and sure enough here's a gamecube video file in the data with the Ocarina of Time stuff.

I assume they didn't want the cutscene getting out of sync from the disc having to load all the different areas as the camera pans through everything.

>I had to look up a guide
I stop here.

Nintendo has always called it that.

>forcing yourself to have fun with something
You don't know shit. Fuck off.

No, just skip to MM. Cuts out all of the bloat from OoT, and by now you should be familiar enough with the characters.

>No child tutorial dungeons
>No open wasteland Hyrule Field
>No running back to the Temple of Time

MM holds its replay value well. It's the reason for the surge in popularity over the years.

None of these games were released in Europe at the time. Fucking none of them. None.

>.n64
Huh, I wonder if that file would run in Project64 if extracted from the disc.

Even some of the best games don't age well.
The generation that is growing up now will play some of the classics we grew up with, and shun them as being garbage.
It's a sad truth, and we must all accept it.

It does. The gamecube version is just an updated rom running in an emulator. You can also use this to play Master Quest if you can't run dolphin.

On that note I'm curious as to what happens if you beat the game since on the gamecube it plays a video file instead. Maybe it plays the credits normally, maybe it crashes. Can't be bothered to beat the game to find out.