Crystal Caves
Chasm of the Abyss
Duke's Archives

>Decent Tier:
Kiln of the First Flame
Demon Ruins

>Bad Tier:
Lost Izalith.

Blighttown is not god tier, it was fairly boring and confusing. God tier boss though.

Blighttown is shit tier

For me, personally, Blighttown is pretty much god tier because it went for a concept (Low light, decay, paranoia, poison) and pretty much nailed it. It feels very opressive the first time around, but once you mapped it in your mind the second time you can get to the bottom on 15 seconds flat.
Idk, it feels like a very accomplished vision.

>Blighttown
>God tier
>Tombs
>Excellent

Fuck off.

Anor Londo is not a god-tier level.

Painted World should be up there with the Burg.

why the hate on tomb tho?

>God Tier
>Blighttown
Here's your (You)

invading in Blighttown is great.

>Literally god tier
Anor Londo

>Great tier
Blighttown
Sen's Fortress
Duke's Archives
Tomb of Giants
New Londo
Painted world
Oolicile

>Meh tier
Everything else

>Obviously unfinished tier
Lost Izalith

Excellent level design:
>Sen's
>Painted World

Good level design.
>Burg
>Depths
>Catacombs
>Duke's Archives

Everything else ranges from mediocre to weak.

Honestly curious on what makes good level design on your eyes. You have an interesting selection.

>dook's
>good level

I sure do love samey hallways with the blandest enemy placement in the game

the only interesting thing in that level is the way you get the avelyn

>sens fortress or depths not on old god tier

ok

seriously people, i would really love if you put your why's instead of just "x sux"

actually I'm wrong, the elevator skip is nice and the prison is a decent area

still not a standout level though

Sen's and Painted are both dense as fuck. No space goes to waste and there are a lot of vertical layers and connected paths. They're like miniatures of the game as a whole. Plus both of them fuck you up, Painted is full of nonstandard enemies and Sen's mixes environmental hazards with enemies that are a significant jump in terms of toughness.

Depths is sort of like a prelude to the Painted World, Burg (upper/lower/parish) is just solid because it's the first proper area and there's a lot of polish and uniqueness that the later game lacks. Catacombs gets a mention because it's an extremely vertical level with relatively tough enemies (especially if you go there early) and a lot of variety. Duke's is the only good lord soul area, it's pretty simple but it does the best job at trying to kill lategame players regardless of their build and level.

thanks for your insight. While I disagree in some points, i now value you above the average Sup Forumsirgin.

Your mother sucks my cock because otherwise I'd smack her.

yes it is

>only one level is bad
delusional

>God Tier
Lost Bastille
Majula
Heide's Tower of Flame
Forest of Fallen Giants
Memory of Dragon
The Gutter
>Good Tier
Iron Keep
Dragon Aerie
Undead Crypt
>Meh Tier
Huntsman's Copse
Brightstone Cove Tseldora
No Man's Wharf
Shaded Ruins
>Bad Tier
Doors of Pharros
Shrine of Amana
Earthen Peak

>Heide's that high
its just a flat level with two reheated bosses
>Iron Keep that high
You pretty much just stand there, wait till every knight comes at you and then explore an empty map.

Heide serves as a tutorial level where you are supposed to learn how to fight multiple big enemies at once.

Also it's aesthethicals, same reason I picked Iron Keep. Despite the fact the world-building is awfull it's still pretty good location for Souls game.

>tfw dark souls so god tier it makes every other game in the series seem like shit when they're perfectly fine games

>Bad Tier
Lost Bastille
Majula
Heide's Tower of Flame
Forest of Fallen Giants
Memory of Dragon
The Gutter
Iron Keep
Dragon Aerie
Undead Crypt
Huntsman's Copse
Brightstone Cove Tseldora
No Man's Wharf
Shaded Ruins
Doors of Pharros
Shrine of Amana
Earthen Peak

OMIGOSH MYIAZAKAAI SAAAN THANK YOU FOR ADDING ONION KNIGHT AND ORNSTEIN ADKR SOULS 3 XDD AND ANDRE LOL GREAT AND GIANT BLACKSMITH

OMIGOSH IS THAT GWYNDOLIN AND ANOR LONDO?

MIYAZAAKIII-SAN TAKE MY SEED OH YEAH I LOVE ME SOME DARK SOULS 1 IN BB REMASTER!

Please explain.

There's little vertical layering, the only memorable enemy encounter is the archers, the shortcuts are useless because there are multiple bonfires and you unlock warping right after anyway, the castle is boring and I'm glad to jump over the gap in the spiral stairs every time to skip most of it.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE AN AWFUL GAME LIKE DS2, THEN YOU CLEARLY ARE A MIYAZAKI DRONE

There really is only one bonfire, the one in the entrance. The one at the bottom of the rotating stairs is just there for the covenant (which every covenant has) and the one in Chamber of the Princess is just there at the end of the area, so it doesn't really affects your playthrough.
In DS3 you can actually have two bonfires in your field of view at the same time.

You're forgetting the one right after the archers, where Solaire is chilling.

>God Tier
Undead Burg
Anor Londo
Sen's Fortress

>Honorable Mention Tier
Catacombs/tomb
Blighttown
New Londo Ruins
in that order
1>3>BB>DS>2

Ah, true. Now that you mention it, maybe the placements could have been better. Maybe two further away bonfires, or a more central one.
I thikn as is right now, its just fair, but not terrible.

>God Tier
Ya'hargul Unseen Village
Forbidden Woods
Nightmare of Mensis
Old Yharnam
Hunter's Nightmare
Cainhurst
>Good Tier
Upper Cathedral Ward
Nightmare Frontier
Cathedral Ward
Research Hall

>Didn't like tier
Byrgenwerth
Lecture Building
Central Yharnam

Nah, confronting Lautrec was cool, Ornstein and Smough are incredibly memorable, a blacksmith always feels cool to find, the level itself is very grandiose aesthetically and imposing, has two "secret" bosses, discovering one of which changes the level, AND interaction with the two best NPCs. Also iirc fighting the gargoyle is the first time in game you casually fight a former boss, which is a satisfying checkpoint to reach. Anor Londo just felt so well crafted not only in level design, but its placement in the progression of the game.

I think right before or after the spiral tower would've been a good place. That'd make the big cathedral door worth opening and the shortcut to the Giant Blacksmith useful.

>God Tier
The Festering Banquet
Red Hall of Cages
Hager's Cavern
Ziggurat of Dust

>Good Tier:
Village of Smiles
The Watching Woods
Sunken Keep
Castle of Storms
Mal's Floating Castle
Mire of Stench
Dome of the Forgotten

>Meh Tier:
Bandit's Pass
Cran's Pass
The Ruined Temple
Salt Alkymancery
Crypt of Dead Gods

>Shit Tier:
Pitchwoods
The Still Palace
Siam Lake
The Blackest Vault

Did that game end up being any good? Interested in it but not sure if it's worth the asking price.

anor londo is a pain in the ass in successive playthroughs because of all the empty space
great hollow and ash lake are literally fucking nothing, so is kiln of the first flame

Iron Keep should be bad tier and Doors of Pharros should be meh tier but otherwise I agree.

Surprisingly yes.
It's basically an Igavania game that just happens to have Souls-esque mechanics.

Does it have the same sort of annoyingly piecemeal storytelling of the Souls series or is it a bit more coherent?