Wireless controller can only be charged with a proprietary USB cable that cannot used with a regular AC wall charger

>wireless controller can only be charged with a proprietary USB cable that cannot used with a regular AC wall charger

pretty jew-y, Sony. I thought Apple was the only company to pull this kind of shit

I always charged mine in the wall I don't know whats wrong with yours

>proprietary
I'm not entirely convinced you know what this word means

>proprietary USB cable
>USB mini
what.

Mini usb is not proprietary and you can charge it with the charger that comes with any phone

Yeah I have used my Samsung wall charger to charge my ds4. Op is tard

As long as it sends data and power (not all usb mini cables do) any old one will do for the dualshock 3 (and I assume 4).

WTF I HATE (((SONY))) NOW!

You're retarded.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>OP talking about proprietary controller stuff
>no mention of the 360 pad requiring a specialized proprietary dongle for wireless

Not only that, but even official Microsoft dongles were notorious for straight-up not working.

Retard.

I charge my DS3 with an old USB cable from one of my old phones

I have an old charger for a Zen Micro with ac charger that has a mini USB. It doesn't work

that was only if you tried to use it with computers, not the console itself dimwit.

Still doesn't change the fact that they used a proprietary frequency specifically so you couldn't use the controller on any other device without the dongle while the DS3 used generic Bluetooth.

>usb mini
>PS3 controller
>sends data

what am i reading?

How do you think you can use the controller wired when its charging? If it was sending only power and the ps3 has the wifi disabled the controller wouldn't work but it does, thus the usb cable is sending data and power.

>controller
>wifi

i am even more confused now

Whatever, bluetooth. A slight mistake.

Anyway I use my dualshock 3 on my pc wired with the cable it came with thus it must send data.

can you even turn bluetooth off on a ps3?

Hello retard patrol, there's a drooling retard on the loose spewing bullshit all over

can you???

>wanting to buy batteries or an add on pack

Nigga, you just went full retard.

He's right, controllers do send data. That's why you can use a PS3 controller on a PC without a bluetooth adapter.

>mini USB
>proprietary
I use any of the dozens in my house that didn't come with the console and they work.

I was referring to myself

>That's why you can use a PS3 controller on a PC without a bluetooth adapter.
Except you do need a bluetooth adapter on PC to use a DS3.

You are sort of close but still missed the real problem. DS3 needs a 'handshake' from something to even charge, like from a PS3, PC, or special base. Plugging the controller into any regular USB phone charger will not work.

I use one all the time with just the cable, no bluetooth.

Do you still need 3rd party drivers like that Joy whatever