Shouldn't VAC Bans be removed after a while? After a year or two I think most would learn their lesson

Shouldn't VAC Bans be removed after a while? After a year or two I think most would learn their lesson.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3eq27H5uwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never. Once a cheater always a cheater.

t. goody two shoes boyscout

i guess im a cheater for using those cheatcodes in gta sa on ps2 :^)

they don't affect anyone elses gameplay expect yours

>using cheats made by the dev in a single player game is the same as using mods to cheat in a competitive multiplayer game
t. vacbanned

>comparing cheat codes in a single player game to hacking in a multiplayer game
I use Cheatengine for single player games sometimes, but anyone who cheats in a multiplayer game deserves the banhammer.

never, people must live with the rock of shame forever as a reminder for not trying again.

>Waah why are there consequences to my actions

Make a new account or don't cheat on your main account. Better yet don't cheat at all if you don't want to get caught.

Live with the consequences of your decisions forever

>using cheats in multiplayer
that's delusional and pathetic. You deserted it, get fucked autismo ;^)

no
when you cheat in a multiplayer game you deserve to have the mark of shame

>Shouldn't VAC Bans be removed after a while?
Of course not.

It's especially hilarious when you see some Greenlight "dev" who uses his personal Steam account and has a VAC ban.

>play game with guy

>he's an absolute piece of shit who goes out of his way just to disadvantage his teammates

>mfw his name actually says "wallhack", and he has multiple bans on record

What the fuck is wrong with these people and why arent they euthanized

Yes.

Because you cant stop us

My guess is they're either rich and bored or have an abysmal real life.

No, kill yourself cheating piece of shit OP. Enjoy your lifetime ban. It's been proven people who cheat often resort to the same tactics when their ban is lifted.

>not just creating another account

nah

i used to cheat in multiplayer shooters all the time when i was 12, then i just got over it and got bored when i realized it wasn't that fun competitively

so yeah you're a faggot

>playing multiplayer game online
>autismo sperging out and flaming everyone
>check profile
>1 VAC ban(s) on record

Like pottery. I'm glad Valve has instituted a mark of shame for cheaters.

cheating in a multiplayer game is a lot different than cheating in a singleplayer game

unless the cheats are fun for everyone involved (which has happened, in games like dark souls 2 I've seen some cool and creative cheaters), you are a fucking asshole for doing it.

expecto patronum my anonymous friend

op btfo desu

I will never, ever get tired of the butthurt by people paying $40 for Overwatch and getting permabanned.

>san andreas ps2
>multiplayer
>deserted it

are you illiterate or just american

>muh reformed scumbag
You will leash out as soon someone owns your ass baddly again, and it will be hialrious, i can already see your face full of manchild tears.

>Dark Souls
>Fuck with my character to make him lose his head and left arm
>Make character look like a skinny hollow
>Bum rush new players using a broken sword or fist
>Use 2x damage ring to replace head

>they buy a new copy
>they're still banned

nah you get fucked, just make a new account for what youre banned for if you want to keep playing it

i was talking about the VAC ban you retard.
also I'm on my phone,that explain the typo, but don't get too triggered by this user.

>I'm a good boy now, see? It was just a phase!

Might not matter now what you did in the past, but holy fuck would I not let you forget it

I dont have a vac ban

dumb phone poster
just plain retard, this thread is a discussion about vac bans

no, i either just try harder or i accept that someone is better than me because i'm not an autist

take it easy sperglord, it was when i was younger and i don't find any enjoyment in it. why do you even care?

i was talking in regard of your post. VAC ban or not, cheating in multiplayer games is stupid.

>dumb phoneposter
but it's comfy

I think vac bans should expire, but make the length so long it doesn't matter anyway. Like 20-30 years long and every 3 months taunt them with a popup displaying how long the ban still has to go.

If you're not caught, it isn't cheating.

Nope. You're lucky you even get to play the game, let alone on your account after one infraction.

Don't like it? Make a new account/identity and buy your games again. Or just suck it up and realize that many people won't play with you, trust you, or let you play on their servers because you're a scrub.

They tried this. In the beginning, VAC Bans expired after a set amount of time. They found out that most people didn't learn their lesson and went right back to cheating when their bans expired, which is why they're now permanent.

Some things should be forgiven.

Never. Your fault for being a 14 year old cheating retard, stick with it for life.

>troll the Xbox Facebook page because of how bad the Xbox One launch was
>they block you
>never unblock you
>even after you buy an Xbone

cheating is not one of them, you stupid cunt.

no

>263 games

If they cared, they should have started a separate account for their new purchases.

If you got a vac ban because of a cheat on csgo, you are a fucking dummy.

i got my vac ban 10 years ago and didnt even cheat. Others did on lan and it vacc'ed all of us.

Pretty hilarious if you do well in any competitive game because people always bitch and act like that is why they are getting wrecked.

10 years what the fuck

has vac really been around that long?

10 years later and you're still trying to use some retarded excuse to justify being a cheating piece of shit. Top kek m8y

If I used a cheat to make myself host in mw2 and no other changes. Should I be considered a cheater

It makes you buy game once again while maintaining the "stern" image, Valve has no reason at all to unban anyone.

Morally, if you're cheating in a single-player game, or an a private server where everyone's aware of the cheats, I don't think it's wrong.

VAC doesn't care about that, though.

Yes. I have friends who have been offline/banned for about as long/longer last I checked.

Yes

It was on a public server but did not give me any advantages whatsoever other than making me host. MW2 servers sucks usually

>Makes himself host to give himself an advantage
>It's not like I was doing it to gain an advantage or anything!

Cheaters are fucking annoying because they go to great lengths to make up a bunch of bullshit and desperately try to justify their actions.

The only respectable cheaters are the ones blatantly doing it for a laugh and don't give a fuck about their bans.

>My little brother was using my account, can you remove the ban please?

>"Should have made him an account and used family share"

no they should go the blizzard route and ban their whole system from even accessing any online games on steam.

>VAC Ban on record
Aka you were dumb enough to get caught :^)

>Sperglord
>Knows better than to get caught cheating

That's why I care

Anyone I see with a VAC ban basically has a giant KEK tag across their forehead

You're not only a cheater, but you couldn't even do it without being caught

What a bunch of fucking losers

I also use CE quite often in singleplayer games. My favorite was an infinite mana fully upgraded run of the force unleashed where I set my health to a really low value

Valve's official stance is that cheating on a Family Shared game "may" give a VAC ban to both the cheating player and the original owner of the game.

nah, if anything it would be great if the VAC ban was more emphasized on their profile, changing their display pic to BANNED and giving the name of the game they were found guilty in, plus banning them from trading. That would be a kek day.

In the end, just make a new account and rebuy csgo ezpz lmao

>cheaters cheat to grief
>"Fuckers deserve to be banned - I can't stand people who want to ruin someone else's good time!"

>Griefers grief to grief
>"Wow so many people are pussies these days want griefing banned!"

I'll admit I've laughed at griefer videos before and I dislike cheaters as much as anyone else. But there's some kind of disconnect here.

>plus banning them from trading
Doesn't that already happen? I remember some dude having a hat valued at $8000 or something and getting his stupid ass VAC banned, which also got him trade banned from TF2. He subsequently posted a massive wall of salt on his profile, saying it was "on purpose" and "I'm not salty about getting eight thousand valvebux denied from me I swear"

This guy?

No.
Just like modders, they should be marked, shamed and excluded.

>Just like modders
how is that different at all from cheating?

No, cheater logic is insanely retarded, you should see the hoops they jump through to convince themselves it isnt wrong. Pure scum

what kind of TF2 hat costs $8000? Must be some super rare shit.

You'd think so, but...

Exactly.

>modders
What? When people say modding most people are talking about single players games or modding private servers. Obviously modding in a public server is basically the same as cheating unless you're just talking about overlay stuff.

it's for the soldier, heavy and medic, the 3 most popular classes

If you break the license agreement you're not much better than other people breaking it.

>Having to cheat in the McDonald's of shooters

"Hey user can we borrow your steam for a CS lan party this weekend?"

Thanks Cameron you fat fuck.

Serves you right.

It is, I totally agree.
But usually the reasons I hear are, "because it's funny to see people react and get pissed."

Isn't that similar to griefing?

Is it true you can get a VAC ban unjustly? I thought I heard some stories about people who were given VAC bans for no reason.

I don't cheat, nor do I play VAC games except for one. I was just curious.

I got vacbanned because my mate got vacbanned and I had his phone number on my account. It's fucking retarded.

>hey can I have your profile information?
>yeah sure!
admittedly, I've given my password to a few people from Sup Forums so we could friend share our massive libraries but it's only after I feel like I can really trust them

Normalfags have to get that "Im better than you" dopamine hit by any means necessary

>I heard some stories about
You answered your own question

????
The most popular modding communities formed around games that openly allowed modding like Bethesda games, Goldsource/Source games, Crysis, Doom/Quake, etc. How is modding wrong unless done to cheat on a public server?

It's impossible to tell because everyone who gets VAC-banned will say that their ban was a mistake.

I wouldnt say so. Cheats are an exercise of power in my opinion. Yeah you can use it to do whatever you want but the point is you shouldn't be using them. Griefing coincides because obviously people get mad when you're not playing the game fairly.

Maybe after like 10 years or something. Gives them something to aim for.

>valve rolls out a shitty patch about a year ago
>can see throught smoke on some vid settings
>little bro plays a couple games not knowing the glitch
>gets vac'd because valve would rather ban people than just reroll all games from that day and fix it

This is still juicy

>I lost $20k intentionally guys

There've been a few times where Valve did ban non-cheating players, such as when they dectected an updated file in Modern Warefare 2 as illegitimate, but they unbanned them after enough people complained.

That was a block of >10,000 players, though, and this happens so rarely, it's highly unlikely an individual person is banned because of a false-positive.

>"I got VAC banned by mistake, I never cheated!"
>google their username
>found them posting on a hacks website asking for aimbots

Ive cheated in exams at uni to pass and dont regret anything.
It LITERALLY helps me in my life not just feeling good I can go on with my career....

Now how sad can anyone be if they have to cheat on a fucking videogame.

Penis game short for sure

What's worse, having it happen from someone on Sup Forums you've known for a few years, or having it happen from someone you know in person? Thank god it's only for old Source engine games I don't play anymore

Supposedly it has happened before, they do say that if you get VAC banned unjustly that it'll be removed, but with how many people who get banned just lie about what happened, it's impossible to tell if there's been legit false positives that didn't get corrected. This guy got it covered

Wew lad

You don't get vacced for abusing glitches otherwise delfy would have ten billion of them.
You or your brother were hacking.

youtube.com/watch?v=K3eq27H5uwk