Why does this look so awsome but doesnt kill you?

Why does this look so awsome but doesnt kill you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aldmGmAYSW0?t=91
youtu.be/T8Nqt0B3MHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JQWRAEVPVcc
youtu.be/QEspz6pAkyk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye1SnniOTtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's all an illusion.

having an attack that automatically kills your entire party with literally no way to mitigate or stop it is called artificial difficulty

They actually changed Supernova's animation because it was so underwhelming in the Japanese version:
youtu.be/aldmGmAYSW0?t=91
I mean, your point still stands but...

Actually wait, it is rigged to kill you in the Japanese version unless you do something. Point withdrawn.

Do what? Press X to not die yet?

from all FF which attack even player or enemy is the most devastating?

>Japanese Super Nova (and other differences in the final battle)

>Aeris fighting Sephiroth

This is what the uploader posted in the description
> - Super Nova doesn't deal percentage based damage, so it can and will kill you if your levels are low and you haven't taken any precautions.

So it seems to work like insta-kill spells

It's different in Japanese version.

Doesn't do Gravity damage but instead does same type of damage as Flare, just much greater, so it can acually kill you in Jap version unlike the Western one.

Also the Dissidia animation of Supernova is based on mix of the western and Jap versions.

No, I think what that says is "this attack does a shit load of damage, so if you're underlevelled and/or you don't have m barrier up, you're gonna get shit on".

Only reasonable explanation

Final Fantasy 8

Eden summon

youtu.be/T8Nqt0B3MHQ

No, all of his characters have less than 1000 HP. Just look at the video.

Under normal circumstances, it would just be a really damaging spell, just like the US version.

Also, another note from the author:

>This was done straight outta the debug room, so Cloud is level 6 and the girls level 1.

Because JRPGs are style over substance. They have the super mega giant ass blade of death that can't even kill a generic mob in one hit. I wish they made a JRPG with normal weapons and where a lowly fireball spell is a huge deal. Just turn the scale down and give everything some actual weight.

Okay then.
Point restored

What does it actually do? Bends time and space to blast you to another galaxy?

Something like that.

I know I'm just edgy and nostalgia filed, but that was one of the coolest final boss monsters my childhood ever experienced.

He was a god / angel, but no legs, just 6 wings. Loved it.

He lost his legs when Cloud basically cut him in half

how do you think nomura will do this attack in the remake?

I still have no idea where this guy even came from. What was the whole point of him other than being the actual final boss?

Did that happen in the nibelheim reactor? Because sephiroth walks out of the jenova room to stab cloud. Or did they rot away later? I know that when you see him at the crater, they only show his upper body and his lower body is some nebulous shit

Sephiroth starts being the main villain of the game like 4 hours into it. As soon as you get arrested in shinra headquarters the game becomes "I have to find sephiroth and stop him".

I am illiterate: the post

I always imagined it that they were barely attached when Cloud throws him into the lifestream and that they get torn off either from the fall or the pressure within since a Buster Sword to the gut isn't something you walk off

Sephiroth is a faggot when he becomes evil. The only time he is a decent character is before he turns evil because he is a weak minded little bitch.

Are you talking about Crisis Core ?

If I remember correctly Sephiroths backstory was still in FF7.

INFINITE IN MYSTERY

It's a really powerful mental attack.

So this fag is going to be in the remake right? Never played the compilation.

Canonically impossible

Gackt pulled his likeness thank fuck.
On a related note he claimed Squall was based on him.

Actually, when it comes to player summons...

youtube.com/watch?v=JQWRAEVPVcc

Eden at least appears to leave local celestial bodies intact.

>super nova in the remake

Cloud didn't cut Sephiroth in half, he just tossed him into the bottom of the Mt. Nibel reactor and he melted/sunk into the Lifestream.

Sapher Sephiroth is a legless, amorphous blob of tentacles and wings because that's how angels used to be portrayed in a lot of old mythology.

>Super Nova in an arpg

It's not gonna happen

Nah. It's probably an ARPG now. A best it'll just be part of a cutscene but not an actual combat attack.

Yes it will.

cutscene

>play SRW
>enemy uses a super move that destroy multiple galaxy
>10 damage

The last ARPG CyberConnect2 worked on (.hack) had plenty of cutscene attacks though

He was
Squall's physical appearance was River Phoenix, mainly his face
His clothes were Gackt though
Don't forget Asura's Wrath,not an rpg but still awesome

>ywn wear this getup IRL and be cool as fuck

It just won't work

>had plenty of cutscene attacks though
In .hack//G.u. there were only the awakenings/data drain that you had to build morale to use.
In .hack//IMOQ there was only data drain, there were 4 different versions but they all used the exact same cutscene.

That may be but you are comparing a modern game to a games made back when games were about being games. Not they are about being movies.

Gackt looks cool though
Gackt looked cool as Genesis too

Wow that happened there. I meant:

>That may be but you are comparing a modern game to games made back when games were about being games. Now they are about being movies.

>underwhelming
Who the hell thought that wasn't sufficient?
youtu.be/QEspz6pAkyk

>CyberConnect2

Wait, what? What have CC2 got to do with this?

Sounds like JRPGs to me. Slight difficulty with lots of RNG on top or you over level so no difficulty exists.

>Gackt
I still can't believe it

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye1SnniOTtw

No he was awful. He just randomly showed up during nibelheim and told Sephiroth about Jenova which ruined the whole nibilheim incident

It also did kill you in the Jap version, as can be seen in that video. In any other version it just deals 87.5% of your HP or something.

>that bgm

why

Omnislash demolished Sephiroth's pride. In
AC he even mentioned it saying "it" wouldn't work on him this time.

They're helping make FFVII-R. Nomura and Kitase are leading them.

"I love Final Fantasy 8"

mite b cool

Said nobody ever. Well I am sure some do. But... They're weird.

It's not a very powerful attack, as you should have way more than the ~2000 damage it deals at that point, but it inflicts confusion and silence and that can be a deadly combo.

Maybe FFXI's Extremely Bad Breath. It basically put every negative status and a doom timer.

It's a better version of gravity in every other version.

90% damage and turns you into a frog

>be in underground tunnels
>use bahamut zero, fires a huge laser from space
>ceiling comes caving in
>game over

Hopefully retarded Cloud will still be fun in Remake

>be in underground tunnels
>summon ramuh
>an alternate summoning sequence happens where he drives his staff through the ground into the tunnels where it explodes in the enemies' faces

Sometimes XV is okay.

I want wheelchair cloud in dissidia

>gameplay =/= lore
That's why you cant use a phoenix feather on aeris

No, the reason is she gets killed for real. Phoenix Downs only cure KO status.

I hope to fucking god that they don't go all super serious and unironic edge with the remake.

I just always think of those as "reviving" a knocked out character, rather than literally dead.

>get run over by a dinosaur tank
>don't die
>get stabbed in the chest
>die

Doesn't make sense

That's so weird I never noticed he didn't have a bottom half there I thought it was just obscured on purpose so you couldn't see his junk
Or you could just use
final attack summon phoenix materia combo

>Level 5 "DEATH"
>"DEATH" Sentence

Hold the fuck on, It's been awhile since I saw the entire Super Nova attack.

Did Seph just destroy the fucking sun? How the hell is anything even alive? How does this game even have a followup movie? how the hell did it miss earth and still not kill earth in the explosion?

Damn, OP is right, this shit is retarded. shouldve made it so you had to kill him before it reaches

That's not the entire thing. The us version is a two minute cutscene attack wheee he destroys everything.

Yea, thats what im referring to. I watched the US version right after and there is absolutely no way they should have lived after that move.

Bad Breath
Just watch as your party tears itself apart, and your helpless.

I think supernova is one of the most intriguing events ever expressed in a video game or fictional media. It gives me an incredible feeling of greatness and makes me realize how small we are as a planet.

Fucking fantastic.

Great Malboro Bad Breath in FFX was really bad. If you don't have protection against that shit, you'll be eaten alive.

I actually think Supernova is the one in-battle attack that causes the most devastation. I mean, it does destroys a solar system. Unless you consider things like Ultimecia's Time Kompression that technically happens in the middle of a battle and crunches all of time together, or Kuja's final Ultima in IX that blows up right in front of the Crystal and almost extinguishes all life in the universe