We Thank Games for their Contributions to Vidya

>thanks for cinematic quick-time events

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oRxgYC5zrV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God of War did not invent QTE. It did popularize it though.

You don't actually think GoW invented that do you?

>not thanking RE4 for that
>not thanking GoW for making actually visceral close combat where you feel the hits, paving the way for games like Demons Souls during a time period where you had games like Ninja gaiden and DMC which were more rewarding on mechanics than actual feel

Is this a serious thread or not?

Actually nvm I fucked up

>not thanking Shenmue for QTEs

though RE4 was the setting the recent trend of it not GoW

>thanks for skinny animu characters wielding huge swords

>not thanking GoW for making actually visceral close combat where you feel the hits

Thanks for changing my favorite video game franchise into an action shooter

cautiously optimistic about RE7

THANKS FOR KILLING OFF MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE
FUCK YOU

>thanks for the influx of shitty 80s neon meme games

name 20

THANKS FOR THE PS EXCLUSIVE FAGLORDS

it will eventually come to pc. these things take time.

THANKS FOR KILLING OFF THE METROID FRANCHISE AND TURNING IT INTO A SHITTY COWADOODY COPY THAT IS NOW DEAD BECAUSE NOBODY FUCKING CARES FOR FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS ON A FUCKING NINTEDO CONSOLE WITH OUTDATED GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY

I hate this meme

QTE appears as a stylish finisher AFTER you have already beaten the enemy

Fuck off retard

>THANKS FOR KILLING OFF THE METROID FRANCHISE AND TURNING IT INTO A SHITTY COWADOODY COPY
That's not a picture of Metroid Prime 3.

>mfw I see this argument combatted by nintendrones who never played the actual Metroid games

thanks for microtransaction DLC
thanks for popularizing the empty 'open world' meme

>thanks for microtransaction DLC

there were several original xbox games that had this

RE4 did it earlier and waaaaaay worse.

Thanks for turning horror into a meme genre.

see

Thanks for combining old school rpg mechanics with a modern engine and combat, paving the road for the open world rpg's we know today.

Valid point.

Fuck off, Dead Space was great.

Heeeere we go.

Let me guess, Skyrim is among your top five games? Or just top ten?

Fuck off nigger, Dead space was amazing, 2 was way better even if it sacrificed a little of that paranoia feeling the original had, the 3rd one was dogshit and the DLC JUST fucked everything beyond repair.

Pic related is the true culprit of sending the horror genre to shit

>dead space fags suddenly crawl out of the woodwork to defend their mediocre snoozefest
Every time.

>2 was way
2 was just as shit as 3

>Thanks for turning horror into a meme genre.
You're welcome.

Kill yourself for having such shit taste.

that's not RE4 or fnaf/slender

>a great fps with some spook elements
vs
>a mediocre tps trying to tout itself as survival horror

Here let me fix that post for you.

How can Prime fags ever recover?

Why does Dead Space have such a reactionary and defensive fanbase?

Thanks for Lightning

Have you ever played this series?

I'm not saying Dead Space is a bad game but if you think it was anything more than below average as a horror game then you're delusional and probably a fan of FNAF.

>Why does [video game posted on Sup Forums] have such a reactionary and defensive fanbase?

I'LL JUST EMULATE IT ON MY PS4 EMULATOR WHEN IT COMES OUT

I forgot doom 3 came out before fear, my bad.

That's not a horror game.

Just because it's not a good horror game doesn't mean it's not a horror game.

Cheetahmen is terrible but it's still a platformer.

Why is Sup Forums so reactionary and aggressive towards (insert literally any game here)?

i want it for xbox

Never touched this franchise. Do they explain how that skinny arm can lift a giant iron sword?

super soldier.

Oh jesus are you serious

Destroy All Humans
Seaman
Kuon
Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure

Your move.

I would say resident evil 4 popularized it more with it being a great multiplatom game

Soldiers are all infused with the life essence of the planet, so basically magic.

Sad as it is, God of War is probably the best use of QTE there is.

>Thanks for turning the mmorpg genre into linear coop action games

what was it before?

non existent as it should be.

>Not THANKS FOR BREATHING LIFE INTO METROID FOR ANOTHER 7 YEARS AND BEING A LITERAL 10/10 GAME OVERWHELMINGLY LOVED BY ALL BUT BAITSTERS AND CONTRARIANS

you are misinformed.

I'm not saying that you should kill yourself but if you're this butthurt about people liking something you don't, you should just kill yourself.

Before there was much more focus on depending on other people and guilds not to get ganked or to really make progress. WoW "streamlined" the treadmill by making it much more single player friendly.

>making it much more single player friendly
thats a good thing.

Tabletop RPGs turned into vidyas. Players had a lot of freedom and could play with the world around them instead of following a path of exclamation points.

WoW just saw the gameplay part of the genre and focused on trying to improve that and to balance everything. Which I guess was okay back in the day but its popularity attracted so much money grabbing cunts that everybody else started making their mmos by copying this formula and that's how we went from games where you could attack and befriend any npc/monster in the game, where you had dozens of starting zones and cities, where you could go anywhere you wanted at anytime, where you had to travel through the world regularly, where you had a shitton of RP features like speaking in different tongues and learning new ones, where you could die at any time anywhere, etc

to games where you follow a path of boredorm and can only complete shitty quests and can't interact with anyone or anything the way you want to. Basically bad solo rpgs/coop action games(for the raid part).

that's one of the worst and wrongest things I've ever read on this board

>implying horror wasn't always a meme genre

Yeah, I sort of think that too. But some believe that making advancement dependent on groups fostered better ties to other people.

I heard WoW really went off the deep end. Haven't played in years.

That's not Resident Evil 4

He's actually really muscular.

Yeah, WoW had some great stuff but its popularity really did a lot to make the genre more "homogeneous". I mean, it blew Everquest out of the water by 10x the amount of subscribers or something, and that was in its first year alone. After that, I guess you can't blame everyone for wanting to copy it.

I got RIPPED in THREE concept sketches

CLICK HERE to find out how!

yep just like demon's souls huh

>>not thanking GoW for making actually visceral close combat where you feel the hits
back to re:ddit

Thanks for breeding an arrogant, obnoxious hive-mind who declare any fault with (insert game) is a lack of skill as long as it is loved by the rest of the hive-mind.

>morrowind comes to mind

git gud

I too want to thank RE4 for the over-the-shoulder camera that every fucking 3rd person action game has to have now.

>not thanking GoW for making actually visceral close combat where you feel the hits, paving the way for games like Demons Souls during a time period where you had games like Ninja gaiden and DMC which were more rewarding on mechanics than actual feel

That's not Ninja Gaiden

Thanks for everything..youtube.com/watch?v=oRxgYC5zrV4

>Morrowind comes to mind

How?

The most obnoxious thing about Dark Souls is that people thing they invented a new genre when I was literally playing this exact genre of games on PC 16 years ago. And it had better, more responsive gameplay.

DS's art direction is godlike though.

T-thanks

I made an argoniam in morrowind once, and made all his major skills match with his racial skills, the remaining racial skills went into minor. I got my equipment and went into that first dungeon by the strider, and some guy fireblast me on first hit dealing 90% dmg, couldn't even kill the first enemy

Fuck no.

>thank you GoW for shallow GoW combat, which caught on in the West rather than faster, deeper complex melee combat systems like the sort in DMC or NG

Thanks for killing off Large scale multiplayer games and making matchmaking the norm for all games And dooming all games to be 5v5,6v6 Esport baiting garbage

You should probably learn to read.
>I'm not saying Dead Space is a bad game

Is RE4 the most influential game of all time?

I'm being serious too, like, the impact it had was huge, negative or positive

I'm still mad about this glorified tech demo.

>thank you GOW for qte bosses

Thank you for inventing multiplats.

I don't get it.

Yeah in like 20 years

Enjoy your scraps

Thanks for chest high walls.

I fail to see the problem. I mean, you just have to drink potion and you're good.

You basically made a super fast squishy monk who relies on dodging and sneaking. It's okay in my book to take a big hit when you're thrown a fireball in the face.

Thanks for inventing FPS shooters

>Being too much of a pussy to respond to the actual posts so you think you're sly and just"subtweet

Yeah I don't believe that anymore, brother and sisters are getting PS4 for Christmas so I am going to finally going to experience the greatness of Bloodborne.

The most triggering part about this bait is >FPS shooters

>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person
Man, you people really are easily triggered.

are that weird older brother that still lives at home?

And you're sooooo much better for replying to a bunch of posts just to say they're all samefag.

Man, and you wonder why user thinks you're defenisve.

>25
>played WoW as a teenager and had a lot of fun with it
>switch to a new industry, doing really well at my job
>make really good friends with another tech who is prominent
>big ass steroid using 4k a week making mother fucker
>bullshitting on the phone one day
>he goes on a rant about how he used to binge play EQ and how great it was
Didn't expect that, shit must have been awesome.

>mom! user wont stop playing his scary game on my ps4! when is he moving out?!