youtube.com/watch?v=LtLVxW0T9HE
youtu.be/X3kKyz1BYRU
serenesforest.net/general/designers-notes/thracia-776/lensters-fall/
youtube.com/watch?v=GzVySazMVeY
youtube.com/watch?v=4wBsA5Bh4d0
youtu.be/LQe4tuAMuT0?t=3m28s
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BxiNlH2pz2GISDRIVXdWelFGUWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course this interesting thread is dead, but the poni faggot thread will have 300+ posts in five minutes.

Final Fantasy III on the DS has a meteric Butt-ton of unused japanese dialogue:
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text

Some portions seem to hint that the Castle Hein dungeon was going to be more plot oriented and that Ninja class would've been found in that dungeon.

I remember the times I really got into researching beta work for GTA. It's amazing how different 3 originally was. There was even a planned Dreamcast version of it.

On a similar note, Final Fantasy II for the NES was originally going to be localized. The timing meant that the localisation team had to move on to Final Fantasy IV.

that weird clock that used to be on the castle

MY FAVORITE ZELDA ENEMY.
GONE FOREVER.

Wonder how late in development this all was before it became more gritty and less cartoon-y

>mfw sharks in any open world game scare the shit out of me

Bowser went through several designs for his skylanders appearance.

The Skylander devs considered adding Kirby, Fox McCloud and Princess Peach as guest characters only to get turned down for various reasons before settling on Bowser and Donkey Kong

Diddy was supposed to be part of DK's moveset originally, but was restricted to the vehicle to keep focus on DK himself.

Instead of Molten Bowser, the team wanted to use Giga Bowser

I have nothing to add, but I like this thread, so have a bump.

>tfw same with most dangerous underwater enemies
>tfw playing Ty the Tasmanian tiger
>took forever to get the balls to beat the shark boss
>eventually get ice boomerangs
>go jump-by-jump on ice platforms in Rex marks the spot

In the Super Mario Mash-up Pack for Minecraft, the pigs were originally going to be modeled after Midbus (from Mario & Luigi) and the Ender Dragon was going to be Hooktail (from Paper Mario) before getting changed to Koopas and Gobblegut respectively.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLlvm2ercoU

Thank god that isn't a thing.

Tfw finally got a gameshark for my N64 back in the day and explored the ever living shit out of goldeneye.

the phantom waifu

gfx were funky back then

Oh god please no.

MYAH

Here is an early logo for Super Mario Kart I spotted in the back of the footage of the 1992 consumer electronics show. I've never seen this early logo mentioned anywhere on the web before, so someone may find it interesting. Here's the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=1LvmCLEczBI

killer7's source code and files were leaked a couple months ago. People have found cut levels and dialogue subtitles in them like pic related.

Like the actual source code? In full? Fan made PC port when?

I'd like to learn the truth about TP's early dev, back when the fields were larger, the temples were darker and it had more of a cowboy theme with the ability to setup camp overnight from the materials you carried on your horse.

damn that's sick
what was known about the cut content was already really interesting in the first place.

>Fan made PC port when?

Can't you just emulate it?

The Mario mascot costume is pretty great, too.

Of course, but high framerates and real mouse aim would be nice.

assemblergames.com/l/threads/gamecube-killer7-source-code.63865/
Heres the link to download the files.
It has the source code, but it's in gamecube code.

Concept art for Kirby Planet Robobot's main antagonist shows off a bunch of unused designs. Of particular note is a design that is blatently based on Zero Two, the final boss of Kirby 64. The official soundtrack also lists a song called "Soul 0 System", but it is currently unclear if the song is tied to the design in question or what the song even is.

Does anyone else get this weird feeling from watching beta footage from old games that's like a halfway-point between creepy and comfy? youtube.com/watch?v=zq_iPxQsbm0

desu what game senpai?

youtube.com/watch?v=43IWdsKFsUg

I know they never showed, Gameplay but still hurts.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Depends on the game. This, for example, gives me nostalgia.

youtube.com/watch?v=yy2l5BSBSL0

Hope we never get to the point where OOT dev screenshots fail to inspire wonder/interest.

I fear oldfags like me will soon start leaving gaming sites and growing up and having kids and the new gen might think it's kinda cool but it'll never be the same as those kids that spent 1998 playing the ever living jesus out of OOT.

Stay Manchildren with me anons

Does it count if the entire game was cut?

youtube.com/watch?v=nSzzXnv5JYo

You get this feeling because you're looking at an uncanny version of something you're familiar with.

I get it too, that's why it's so much fun to read about.

That concept music was some good shit.

That image is wrong.

The blurriness in that pic seems to imply the cartoonish look is due to photoshopping on details to make it look more like they'd imagine the final to be. Claude looks painted.

Cut boss from Lords of the Fallen.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4jgh3VdNm4

youtube.com/watch?v=RBaGnwCnzQY

Why did publisher meddling ever become a thing?

Did they change the story from the original game, or were these holdovers from the original?

team fortress 2

Minimap tiles for The Lost Isles.

They're a part of the main Kalimdor minimap tiles, meaning they were likely intended to be uninstanced at one point in Cataclysm's development

The Batman NES game was somewhat different in the beta. The introduction in the final game is actually a trimmed version of the cutscenes in the original version and The Joker was not going to be fought at all. And Batman doesn't throw him to his death. In fact, he doesn't die at all in this version.
youtube.com/watch?v=LtLVxW0T9HE

>Mafia 2

What the fuck am I looking at?

Looks like garbage to me.

I got advice, though. There's a slim chance you could get your hands on some unreleased shit. Start talking up Insomnia Games employees on Facebook.

Everyone has a price. It's happened before.

Prey was fucking amazing, damn shame they got fucked over

>in my restless dreams, I see that toaster
kek

>will never play beta Banjo Kazooie
>will never play Conker twelve tales
>will never play Jet Force Gemini as it was intended with extra areas to explore instead of a shitty tribal fetch quest
Goddamnit Rareware.

Remember how in Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft, if you clicked on an NPC enough times they would get mad at you?

The player error quotes ("That's still recharging" "I need more mana" "I'm too far away" etc) in WoW were once intended to be like that, too.

youtu.be/X3kKyz1BYRU

The Fall of Lenster was suppose to be in-game in FE5.

serenesforest.net/general/designers-notes/thracia-776/lensters-fall/

They changed the story to give the main characters distinct personalities. The orphans in the NES version were interchangable vs here where they have set roles (Luneth will always be the one who falls down the pit, for example). None of the cut dialogue is in the NES version, or at least, not to that extent.

t. shitter

Bastion needs a buff

>Jet Force Gemini
Now there's a name I haven't heard in years!

Some unused creature designs for Lords of the Fallen.

(1/2)

I sometimes wonder what could've been.
I will never forgive Nintendo for their arrogance and lack of foresight.

(2/2)

Overwatch

>2011

Jesus, time goes by fast.

Well, at least you admitted you were a shitter off the bat.

What, really?

I know it's BK, but what's this?

Any more photos and such ? The links are interesting, but I don't see where any of the pics were posted.

I hope people rip it apart. I love killer 7.

youtube.com/watch?v=GzVySazMVeY

12 tails looked amazing

>arrogance and lack of foresight.
By not buying out a development studio that started to lack and already lost a lot of good devs some of which later got employed by retro which Nintendo bought after Metroid Prime?

Gamecube tech demo featuring Banjo and Kazooie

>tribal fetch quest
Fuck
That
Shit

The original Pokemon games were filled with this shit.
>There was originally going to be another town, likely somewhere near Saffron City, but was cut for unknown reasons. The old theme that would've been used for it still exists in the files, but it is corrupted: youtube.com/watch?v=4wBsA5Bh4d0
>Celadon City was originally going to have another house for the player to enter.
>Every single Elite Four member has an unused walking sprite.
>There's an unused Bird type, that gets applied to many glitch Pokemon, most notably on Missingno. It has no weaknesses or resistances.
>There's an unused trade in the game, involving you giving a Butterfree for a Beedrill: youtu.be/LQe4tuAMuT0?t=3m28s
>There is an unused HM between Fly and Surf, which involves the text: "Ground rose up somewhere!"
>Dragon type moves were programmed to be super effective against Dragon types, but the only Dragon type move in the game is Dragon Rage, which always does a set amount of 40 HP.
>While the rival only has one victory quote in the game (being in the battle right after choosing your starter), there are unused quotes for every single rival battle afterwards. Of course, they're all quotes mocking you, as he could call you things like loser and wimpy.
>Cerulean Cave (aka Mewtwo's Cave) was originally a lot harder in the Japanese versions, but was made easier for the worldwide localization.
>Another localization change, Thunderbolt was a lot more flashy in the Japanese versions, but were changed for the worldwide releases.
>Professor Oak and the Silph Co. Chief were originally going to be trainers you could battle. While the Silph Co. Chief was likely going to be battled sometime in the story, Professor Oak is much more interesting. Professor Oak has a fully programmed team, consisting of a Tauros, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Gyarados, and whichever starter you and your rival did not choose. These Pokemon were all around Level 70, implying that he would've been a post game battle.

OoT cut content has a lot of cool stuff

Makes sense. I always thought Final Fantasy's legacy of deep, engaging stories basically began at IV[spoiler,]and ended at XV[/spoiler].

Pretty clear this is Lake Hylia.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures was meant to be more story heavy and possibly about the Imprisoning War event mentioned in A Link To The Past. However, production of the game grew complicated, to the point that Miyamoto metaphorically "upended the tea table". This could be why the game has so many elements and references to LTTP despite not having a clear connection (or, later, even being in the same timeline).

>tfw I never cleared JFG
I still feel guilty but fuck it.
I even tried a few years ago but the controls were too hardcore for my current casual self

All of which is kind of creepy.

"The earliest known pictures of Super Mario 64, found in the patent documents for the Nintendo 64 (then known as the Ultra 64)."

I find it interesting that at that point the yard went all around the castle.

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BxiNlH2pz2GISDRIVXdWelFGUWM
This contains screenshots of cut levels

This was the original facade of Lord Bafford's Manor in Thief: The Dark Project. It can still be seen in the briefing for the mission.

Tetra's/Navi's Trackers was also originally a remake of the Bandai Satteleview Marvelous games.

Marvelous was the game Aonuma worked on before Zelda.

>could have got qtπ winged blue great faries
>instead get vine-covered trashy hoes with pyramid tits

I think it's even more interesting that the game was going to be black and white. Thank god they decided on having colour.

Still from Thief: The Dark Project, Ramirez's mansion looked pretty different.

There was also even promotional material for it, i believe this was in nintendo power. It was going to be subtitled "Dark Shadow over Palakia"

aren't those just the regular tree models scaled up?