So is Obsidian on the verge of bankruptcy again?

So is Obsidian on the verge of bankruptcy again?

(((Activision)))

Because they haven't made a good game in many years?

What the fuck is Laralyn

an old dyke presumably

>"Bethesda senpai p-please allow us to make another Fallout game so we can keep our studio afloat for another year until we can get another Kickstarter for a shitty crpg going"

>"Nah"

having looked into it, I feel slightly bad as apparently she has/had cancer

on the other had, she appears to be your run of the mill San Fran-style RAGING SJW

Seems like MCA made a good call leaving this sinking ship.

Zenimax should buy Obsidian and set them on making Fallout, so Bethesda can concentrate on Elder Scrolls.

That would require someone at Zenimax to make a good decision

Apparently ActiBlizz is one of the 100 best companies to work for, according to some shit called Fortune.

Somehow I'm doubtful.

>I, the basement dwelling neckbeard who jerks off to cartoons and has probably never kissed a girl, knows more than a billion dollar a year company

Well no shit. Spending years working on RPGs that only a select few people buy isn't how you make money anymore. You need to make shitty games really quickly like Alpha Protocol to trick a million people or so before reviews come out with fancy trailers.

Obsidrones btfo

>Activision kills another great studio
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hahahahahahahahaha

>Larian kickstarts a cRPG, gets funded
>Its a huge success, gets a revision and console ports
>They go on to make a sequel

>Obsidian kickstarts a cRPG, gets funded
>???
>They go bankrupt

What went wrong?

Larian's cRPG was good.

>Wanting to hire Obsidian workers for VR bullshit

What a waste of their fucking talents.

Layoff cycles are normal in the game industry

Larian are also failures since they needed a Kickstarter for Original Sin 2.

Did Tyranny do that bad?

Steam Spy says 100,000 - 118,000 owners on Steam. Who knows how many others on GoG.

Imagine the worlds they would craft with such a technology.

uh, isn't that tweet from michelle from 2012?

GIVE THEM STAR WARS AGAIN FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Larian actually made a crpg that took advantage of modern technology and game design instead of being a cynical rehash of better games that came out 20 years ago.

100k? That sounds pitiful to be honest.

its a scientifically proven fact that anime tits increase brain function, look it up!

Imagine if obsidian had a single goddamn competent business manager so they weren't the industry's bottom bitch.

Yeah, I guess so.

Let's go high end and say 118,000 from Steam and around 50,000 from GoG (a complete guess here, no clue how many there actually are) so 168,000 units sold.

168,000 * 45 = 7,560,000 * .70 (because GOG and Steam take 30%) = 5,292,000 to pay for everyone's salaries, business expenses, etc.

Obsidian's lay-off is nothing dramatic according to a dev.
Probably the fags on the Pathfinder card game.

Sheep's wool.

Alpha Protocol would've been great if they had spent a couple more months to polish it

Pillars of eternity is prob over 1 mil combined with gog and steam where it's 900k alone. All profits and IP ownership went to Obsidian.

But pillars was a full fledged game and tyranny feels like a half game with worse balance. Though much better story. IP isn't theirs though and they likely had to split profits with PI.

The difference is the combat in PoE and Tyranny is shitty and boring. I don't mind if the spells and skills in PoE and Tyranny are good (they suck) but it always end up with your party exchanging auto-atk with meatbag enemies while waiting for spells/skills cd.

PoE and Tyranny look like shit too.

This. But Sup Forums barely knows how games are made much less how software development works.

I know some devs at 3arc and neo IW
it ain't that bad they told me, but gotta take it a grain of salt, they do work on COD every damn year.