Is cyberpunk dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/466450
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>32 games in development
>is it dead?

What the fuck else do you want?

a gf as a preorder bonus desu

I'd move Deus Ex HR to Good-tier and stick MD there too.

i really wanna get into cyberpunk after a friend of mine showed me blade runner

what movies/novels should i read?
already watched GitS and Metropolis

Where's ROM?

Neuromancer is probably the best choice if you want a cyberpunk novel. Don't bother reading the book Blade Runenr is based on, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, PKD is fantastic but that's one of his worst books.

Anything Jodorowsky and/or Moebius would be a good choice as far as comics go. As for movies, other than the ones you've seen, maybe Akira. For shows, there's GITS SAC and Lain.

In the trash where it belongs.

>barkley 2

store.steampowered.com/app/466450

I like the aesthetic more than the themes

Cant wait for Cyberpunk 2077

Anything by William Gibson, start with Johnny Mnemonic to get a feel on how Gibson writes.

Neuromancer
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Snow Crash
Virtual Light

>liking neuromancer but thinking romantic is trash
I'd insult your taste but you like moebius, which means you are a complex and multifaceted individual.

Fuck, ROM, not romantic

>already watched GitS and Metropolis

watch RoboCop, Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, Strange Days, eXistenz, Judge Dredd, Total Recall, Terminator, Dark City

I don't actually like Neuromancer much but if you want a cyberpunk book to read, its kind of obligatory. ROM is complete shit though.

I'm surprised the Riddick games aren't on there. I feel like they have more than enough Cyberpunk elements to qualify.

what?

should I add them?
also I should probably add the in development deus ex as well seeing as how it's pretty much confirmed they are working on mankind divided 2

I'm still waiting cboyardee, I'm keeping the faith it'll come out one day.

>should I add them?

It's your life, do what you gotta do. I'd put them on there, maybe in the second tier because they're well made, but I'm no expert of the genre.

the graphics artist is streaming barkley 2 work right now, what the rfuck is going on if they still aren't done with that part??

At least work is still being done on it. It's not abandoned.

there's like 2000 gun's or something he's busy with those i think

i'll do it

yes he's doing guns

You don't have to take my word for it either, the metacritic ratings are quite high. Escape from Butcher Bay has a 90, which is pretty damn good for a cult popularity game in my eyes.

it's in my top 9 games of all time just not sure if Sup Forums won't sperg out over it, over the years i've been updating this list Sup Forums has been autistic as shit about some picks like xcom and final fantasy 7

>Sup Forums has been autistic as shit about some picks

and in other news, water is wet and the pope does, in fact, shit in the woods.

>omikron the garbage soul anywhere near that list.
> shadowrun dragon fall and hong kong not right up with the snes version.
> J,E,W devine jewery anywhere on the list.
>final fantasy 7
>matrix

Tell me are you trolling or just retarded?

so do you actually have a reason why he's wrong or are you just proving his point in this post?

no honking allowed

Omikron is a broken buggy movie with broken mechanics nonsensical decisions and a plot that is so ridiculous I refuse to believe anyone actually played it.

Both shadowrun games are absolutely fantastic and are just as good as the original.

E.Y.E is one of the most cashgrab mmo's I've ever seen. And it baffles me as to why it's anywhere on the list.

Final fantasy seven isn't bad. it's even fairly good. but it's just so overrated. half the people saying it's the best FF game have never played it. the other half have only played the newer ones like X. X-2. and XIII

the matrix is a buggy mess. coming from someone that played the hell out of it. it's not bad. but when you combine the bugs with the broken mechanics..

wut

>E.Y.E is one of the most cashgrab mmo's I've ever seen
But its a shooter that regularly goes for about a dollar on sale and has no DLC or microtransactions.

>be a fan of a niche setting
>be upset that games aren't getting churned out like call of fucking duty

Come on now.