What happened guys?

What happened guys?

It's a pretty good game?

Eventually we'll get to the point where a 90 will be considered bad

>starts as a PS3 game
>moves to PS4
>runs like shit on PS4s unless you have a Pro

Also, the most noteworthy part of the game is a special thanks to Kenji Eno. RIP.

>muh performance.

>eventually
we were at that point a few years ago, but they've gotten rarer so

It's pretty good and got reviewed pretty well. Any other questions?

These scores are good; look at the fucking border it is green you colorblind dyslexic fuckwank

You fags thought it was SoTC2. It wasn't. Now it's bad.

yes, just good

that's bad

B- to a C isn't very good, that's just average.

B to A- is good.

But it was supposed to be goat friendo, what do we do now?

it's in the green

expectations changed while the game remained the same as it was 6 years ago

It came out, it was eh, the world moves on. What did you want to happen?

In only 1 day. It will get worse.

more delays and have it announced for PS5

Seems about right.

But if all you autists want to shitpost constantly go ahead I guess.

No review score is considered good here.

I don't see the problem. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus got similar reviews when they came out. Form your own opinion, man, if you like that game then good for you.

Not sure where you're seeing alphabetical grading on a fucking metacritic score

Artsy puzzle platformers lost it's appeal after the big indie boom

muh ff xv will be goty
mug tlg will be boty
both are shit
explain this

>muh American grade system

Kys

>tfw you lived to see two Tortanics in a row

t. PCuck

Hi, welcome to Sup Forums. All games are fucking shit. Nice to meet you.

He used a basic thing call conversion. 70s are C, 80s are B, 90s and A. Lows are minus, mids are standard, highs are plus.

The game isn't really good. It's only saving grace is its uniqueness and niche gameplay. It's inferior to its predecessor in every way.

Face it, no one, anywhere, uses the full scale. 1/10 - 5/10 is a fucking failure. 6/10 is close to failing, but passable. 7/10 is average, 8/10 is good, 9/10 is great, and 10/10 is near flawless.

No where in the world is a 4/10 considered good, average, or even slightly mediocre. It's considered downright bad.

FFXV will come to PC soon, bud.

>sonycucks hype a coming exclusive to no end
>it comes out
>it's underwhelming or outright shit
>they embarrassingly stop talking about it

Rinse, repeat

SOTC got 9.1 in both.

Sony didn't do any better this year than Nintendo. They had exactly the same amount of good releases - NONE.

Game scores a measured like earthquake magnitudes niggas

A 9.0 earthquake is 33 times stronger than an 8.0 earthquake.

9.0 games are at least 33 times better than 8.0 games.
Once you've had a taste of that 2011 9.0 Japan earthquake then everything else just seems disappointing in comparison because there are games THAT good out there and then you gotta play something that isn't nearly as good and it feels obvious

Hence why the Last Guardian is shit. I haven't even played the game

t. PCfat

stay on denial like always
i will not play this garbage

>Knack
>The Order 1886
>No Man's Sky
And on and on and on.

>Hence why the Last Guardian is shit. I haven't even played the game
Never change, Sup Forums.

Do I need to take a picture of my Wii U and PS2?

I'm an idort. 2016 was dogshit for everyone, unless you like shootan' games.

Back to goat simulator PCuck

Stop being so mad. There's been no good games released for consoles this year. Just accept it.

PC wasn't much better. Only good game we got was Civ6 and Skyrim SE.

You're an idiot, neck yourself.

>Shallow ass puzzles
>Game is about atmosphere and therefore will attract true faggots
>Ico game so it will also have apologists out the ass

I never see the appeal in these games. Only a few of the Colossi were even fun in SoTC otherwise it was just stupid overly cinematic shit. Its hilarious how praised SoTC is on Sup Forums considering its more cinematic then mechanical. Its got 11 boss fights and none of them even reach the shallow level most Soul bosses do.

FANS:
>WE WANT ICO 2
>WE WANT A GAME FOCUSED AROUND STORYTELLING LIKE THE "GOOD OL' DAYS"

SONY:
>Okay
>Releases The Last Guardian

FANS:
>WHY ARE THE CAMERA CONTROLS THE SAME AS ICO?
>WHY IS THERE AN AI THAT'S ANNOYING TO USE LIKE ICO?

SONY:
>Y-you asked for ICO 2...

ME:
>RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>>>>>>>>>>PS2

Are you underage? SoTC is remarkable for a game that came out in 2005.

>Skyrim SE

You need to kill yourself with haste for such shit taste

>Autism: The Post

Skyrim is very fun modded desu. Nothing you can say will ever change that.

so mad

The game is pretty good, the only issues I have with it are the framerate and some clunky controls.

>SoTC
>cinematic
Is this bait or are you thus retarded?

And nothing you say will change that there are many great games that released this year including TLG

You do realize that an 8/10 is a near masterpiece right? Fucking idiots

>Half the reason people praise SoTC is WOW YOU CLIMB THE BIG DUDE LOOK HOW AMAZING THIS IS nonsense
>Not cinematic

It requires no effort it requires no timing it is simply for the player to feel powerful conquering something big hence cinematic. Sorry you favorite game is a casual shit fest baby cakes.

Im a huge sony fan but im passing on this game. It took way too fucking long to come out and its graphics and performance make it clear that it was supposed to be on ps3. It should have just been canceled. After the amazing games that were ico and sotc this is just painfull to see.

That was what my original post said. Thanks for agreeing with me senpai.

bait

I don't think you know what cinematic means. Stop using words you don't know the meaning of you retarded child.

>It requires no effort it requires no timing it is simply for the player to feel powerful conquering something big hence cinematic. Sorry you favorite game is a casual shit fest baby cakes.
t. never played it

Try actually playing the game before you say stupid shit like this. You just make yourself look retarded. SoTC is a difficult game to play if you never played anything like it before.

Stupid idiot

>score is 83
>game would graduate from Cambridge University first class with honours

>bad

compare graduate school and paid reviewer
Really make you think

>ico
>amazing game

>b- is graduating first class with honors
No wonder brits are so stupid.

This really bogged my nog

Spotted the newfag.
Sup Forums was giving Zelda Twilight Princess shit for getting an 8.8/10 a decade ago.

#FORTHEPLAYERS

Kys

Its almost, almost as if I were pointing out that comparing one grading system to another is ridiculous by exagerating the rhetoric of the conversation.

But who does that, who just goes on the internet and makes jokes?

Lol nope, beat the game in one day and died twice right at the begining and that was it. Game was underwhelming. Ico was just bad, this company makes nothing but bad pretentious shit with a couple decent ideas sprinkled in.

Honestly there's no way you're graduating with honors at a B- so that's a lie anyway.

sure u did

LOL TEAM ICO FANBOIS ON SUICIDE WATCH!

Yup, not even a great gamer.

No mans shit is on pc aswell.

This would of been a ten out of ten if it was released 5 years ago. Unless you're a degenerate retard that needs anime tiddies/gunshots flashed in their face every 5 seconds you should know exactly what happened.

Vidya market is going to split soon. Normies will get stuck with mobile-tier trash. Don't tell the nu/v/.

It's a art game meme. What did you expect?

I don't even know what this game is, so I don't know what happened.

should've put it on PC if it was an RPG, though. console users only buy their yearly installments of MADDEN and FIFA and CAWDOODY.

>only gameplay is puzzle platforming
>no change of pace
>platforming is easy
>puzzles are repetitive
>enemies can't kill you
>you can fall like 50 feet without taking damage
>clunky controls
>shit AI
>shit graphics
yeah 10/10 because muh atmosphere right?

>if it was an RPG
It's a puzzle-platformer.

SOTC is not cinematic, it's a tedious puzzle adventure game

>spend 30s to 2m tops to figure out the spots to strike
>spend similar amount to figure out the pattern
>execute while enduring watered down action due to gripping mechanics or action the slow as fuck colossi has to pull off to let you reach the spots
>rinse and repeat while slightly changing all of the above

The way they change the spots and the patterns is somewhat ok, but it still doesn't save the game from becoming repetitive as fuck halfway. It didn't need all that many enemies, it needed long puzzle areas to get to them.

Not enough use of jumping mechanics to call it a platformer.

>Not enough use of jumping mechanics to call it a platformer.
I guess. But there's a lot of climbing and shit going around not sure what the proper term for that it.

>no change of pace
New mechanics get introduced constantly.
>enemies can't kill you
Yes they can.
>you can fall like 50 feet without taking damage
If you fall from high up you actually sprain your leg. The higher you fall the longer you are on the ground/have to limp around.
>clunky controls
Controls great, are your retarded?
>shit AI
There is no AI.
>shit graphics
Art design is top notch. Only bad thing is the bloom.

Stop pretending like you played it.

>New mechanics get introduced constantly.
No they don't. Name a single new mechanic introduced.

>Yes they can.
Really? Because I've gotten caught about 5 times testing that and they never killed me. Are you making things up or do I have to let them catch me 10 times?

>If you fall from high up you actually sprain your leg. The higher you fall the longer you are on the ground/have to limp around.
Yes you fall 50 feet and sprain your leg for a couple of seconds. WOW! Amazing.

>Controls great, are your retarded?
lmao

>There is no AI
Basically. The enemies and beast are dumb as shit.

>Art design is top notch. Only bad thing is the bloom.
Nice bait. You had me going till now.

Over half the shit reviewers who gave this game low scores gave 9s and 10s to Gone Home, gaming Journalism is a fucking joke
>HURR DURR GONE HOME ISN'T BAD
It was a $20 pretentious virtual house tour simulator that you couldn't make it last three hours, if you defend it you need to kill yourself

Not him, but how is it not? You do realize it doesn't have to have 10+ hours of cutscenes to be cinematic, right? Lords Of Shadow is cinematic. God of War is cinematic. Kane & Lynch is cinematic. Call of Duty is cinematic.

>No they don't. Name a single new mechanic introduced.
First 15 minutes of the game you get the ability to make Trico shoot lightning out of his tail and destroy things.
>Really? Because I've gotten caught about 5 times testing that and they never killed me. Are you making things up or do I have to let them catch me 10 times?
Notice those blue doors? Let them carry you towards one.
>Yes you fall 50 feet and sprain your leg for a couple of seconds. WOW! Amazing.
Damage control.
>lmao
Not an argument.
>The enemies and beast are dumb as shit.
What did you expect? It's not an FPS retard. Are you going to call the Mario franchise bad because the enemies don't actively plot your demise?
>Nice bait
Not an argument.

>every single gameplay shown looks boring as fuck
>what happened

I seriously wonder what made this game take so long to develop.

That's not how TORtanics work. A TORtanic needs to be a gradual, but noticeable trainwreck where the developers/publisher are in complete damage control for a long period of time, like TOR or Battleborn or No Man's Sky.

This is just your basic disappointment.

>First 15 minutes of the game you get the ability to make Trico shoot lightning out of his tail and destroy things.
And that's fucking removed 15 minutes later. Did you even play it? Next you're going to say the bond is formed and you can issue commands and call that a game mechanic. Stop defending this shitty game.

>Notice those blue doors? Let them carry you towards one.
So they can kill you if you do absolutely nothing when they grab you? Great game. I won't even touch how unrealistic it is a for a little boy to break free from an armored demon.

>Damage control.
No it's not. A 50 foot drop should kill you not cause you to limp around for a few seconds. That's stupid and lazy. It's completely faster to drop 50 feet and limp for a few seconds than climb down. I can't believe you're defending this.

>Not an argument.
I was laughing at the irony of your sentence. Reread it. The controls are clunky, deal with it.

>What did you expect? It's not an FPS retard. Are you going to call the Mario franchise bad because the enemies don't actively plot your demise?
>it's okay for the enemies and beast to be dumb because it isn't an FPS!
Jesus you're a fucking raging fanboy.

>Not an argument.
It looks like an early PS3 game and the PC looks like an early PS2 game.

Face it your game sucks. Stop crying.

>Cinematic
>of, relating to, suggestive of, or suitable for motion pictures or the filming of motion pictures
How does SOTC classify? The whole is about interactivity.

silky smoove 3 fps

All these reviewers complaining about how they can't get trico to eat barrels should be fired if you can't figure out the controls in this game you are a casual.

TAKE IT BACK ICO WAS GOT YOU FUCKING WHORE

>Next you're going to say the bond is formed and you can issue commands and call that a game mechanic
You're right, because it is.
>Great game
More damage control.
>A 50 foot drop should kill you not cause you to limp around for a few seconds
You've obviously never thrown a ten year old off of a 2 story building.
>I was laughing at the irony of your sentence
Still not an argument.
>It looks like an early PS3 game
Graphics are not art design. Still not an argument.

A game is cinematic where it's painful as fuck the gameplay is bridled, subdued, all to favor a movielike feeling, to never really seriously try to stop the flow of the presentation. Uncharted is cinematic, God of War also is, FFXIII is totally cinematic, SOTC is not because the gameplay or rather the level design gets in the way and makes for a very repetitive presentation. If it was cinematic it'd be the equivalent of watching reruns.

>mfw shit like Dirge, Cenobia and Basaran

The shit doesn't hold your hand, you often have to follow the boss around, you don't get to have your way to the weak spot immediately, and even if you do you have to repeat because the grip needed is tweaked to force you to repeat the action multiple times.

To me it seems you're assuming every "le ebin large skale" is automatically cinematic. It's not.

....so what you're saying is that all the same people will like and hate this game exactly as the first two?

/thread

>You're right, because it is.
It's not. It's still basic puzzle solving. Game mechanics aren't different ways of solving puzzles. Climbing a different way isn't a game mechanic. Really it sounds like you'd call each new puzzle a game mechanic because the location is different. Really sad.

>More damage control.
>enemies can only kill you if you let them
Yes defend that. Great game mechanic.

>You've obviously never thrown a ten year old off of a 2 story building.
Well, I haven't. But a 50 foot building is a 5 story building and dropping 50 feet would either kill you or break both your ankles / legs. You wouldn't walk away from a 50 foot drop, especially at 10. It isn't realistic.

>Still not an argument.
The controls are clunky. Every single fucking review has said the same thing. It's a reality you can't argue against.

>Graphics are not art design. Still not an argument.
Art design is subjective. I can't prove you're lying when you say the art design is great but in my opinion it's bland. All the ruins look the same.

Graphically, which is much more objective, the game looks like shit.

You should kill yourself for defending a shitty game that doesn't hold a candle to SoTC.

Gee, I guess no game is cinematic then.

Yes, let's go by your definition of "QTE's = cinematic"

Good user score considering the usual 0 bombardment by Xcucks.