Rumoured to be in the 250-270 dollar range

>rumoured to be in the 250-270 dollar range
>Power equivalent to Xbox One
>Portable
>Major third parties returning to Nintendo

Does anyone else feel like of the Switch just doesn't fuck up its online player hub that it will be a huge hit? If it is 250 at launch the question won't be whether a lot of gamers buy one, but how many they buy

You need to shut the fuck up more often.

So this is the power of Nintendo.... Whoa....

No, Nintendo's image has been tarnished already, no dudebros are coming back to it.

I remember people saying the same shit about the Wii U

>Portable
>$250-270

Choose two and only two.
And no, don't fucking dare to post that Samsung patent

The third party thing will be a joke. Enjoy your ios and Andrioid ports

>>Power equivalent to Xbox One
This is my favorite rumor because I know when it falls short the salt is going to be visible from space.

XBO is barely a teraflop, it's more than believable that a new mobile soc can compete with laptop hardware from 5 years ago

Isn't From porting DaS3 to the Switch?

If it's around the same power as Xbox One, why wouldn't someone just buy Xbox One since it already has a library of games built up? Just because it's portable?

That's a rumor from that tranny, who just recently had to admit to being wrong about the dock having supplemental power. It's possible, but not confirmed.

Modern smartphone hardware is more than a match for console hardware.

>all these people acting like 'power equivalent to xbox one' is something to be proud of

isn't that the same sad, underpowered console that can't even run its games at the resolution they were designed to run at?

>XBO is barely a teraflop
Yet it runs games at more consistent framerates than the PS4. The switch is a goddamn portable you idiot.

As someone who owns an Xbox One and Wii U, the Wii U has far more interesting exclusives. And portable is kind of a huge thing to brush aside.

It's like 1.3, right? That's safely over 1. It would need a big jump over the previous Tegra.

If third parties are coming back, that means picking between Microsoft or Nintendo exclusives. Guess which one wins out?

>Yet it runs games at more consistent framerates than the PS4.
Nah

Wii U only ever advertised about a quarter of what the Switch is advertising, and wound up with even less.

If the Switch gets even a fraction of the support they supposedly have, it'll be a better system than the Wii U.

The Xbone is 1.3 tflops if we're talking about the original model

The Tegra X2, which is as powerful as the Switch could possibly be, is 0.75 tflops at full power

The Switch being barely more than half as powerful as the Xbone is a best case scenario

Modern smarphone hardware costs twice as much as a console, and it's barely comparable.

>Portable
>Bigger than a game gear
nope.

>Yet it runs games at more consistent framerates than the PS4.
Because Sony pushes for a "high" resolution above all else while Microsoft allows for scalable resolution to keep things smooth.

If you have a gaming pc then there's literally no reason to buy an XB1

>Wii U only ever advertised about a quarter of what the Switch is advertising,
The switch has had literally one youtube video.

It runs games at roughly the same fps, except at a lower internal resolution. Only in rare cases where XBO actually outperforms PS4

I meant in terms of third party support.

We don't actually know anything about the Tegra chip they are using in the Switch.

Third party adverts ahead of a console are historically meaningless in terms of actual games making it to market.

When they all have games announced, cool, otherwise, nope.

>the Wii U has far more interesting exclusives.
Isn't this really only the case for hardcore Nintendo fans who have stuck with them, though? It might be interesting to you that XCX is an exclusive, but to someone else not having FFXV might be the big problem [even if the Xbox One version is the worst one].
>And portable is kind of a huge thing to brush aside.
Is it? It seems most of the growth in that sector is in mobile, rather than dedicated portable devices.

>It's gonna be portable, $250, as powerful as an xbone, and we swear it won't have terrible battery life!
>Also, every third party dev is making games for it!

The pre release nintendo console hype makes me sad.

Not him, but there actually some faith from me considering that this was the Wii U's 3rd party partners.

Compare that to the Switch, it's even more laughable than it already is.

The Wii U had the same thing. You guys have battered woman syndrome.

>FLOOOOPS
shut the fuck up.

@359895340
see No more (You)s for you

Just be careful about getting your hopes up when it comes to nintendo and third party support.

You'll be lucky to get careless ports of years old games.

damn.......... how..........................

>WE GOT BATMAN!!! :D:D:D
poor, poor reggie.

>If third parties are coming back
Are they really, though?
>Guess which one wins out?
If you asked me that question 4-5 years I'd be very sure of the answer.

>Stop pointing out facts!

Go fuck yourself

No it didn't. At all.

Compare this
To this.

Even if you remove the engines and middleware, which are very important and many of the middleware and the engines there on the Wii U, it's still an ass load more than the Wii U.

Did you not read my original post, or are you just pretending to be retarded?

I have no faith and very little interest in the Switch. But there's a chance that it'll at least be marginally better than the sad sack that is the Wii U.

Remember when the Wii U was being released and one of their major pulls was third party advertisement and the only third party games for the whole life of the console ended up being a Batman game and Tekken Tag 2

It's not a definitive metric, especially taken in isolation from the rest of the system's specs.

To be fair, these are all the big boys. What the picture doesn't say is that each of the publishers would give 1 lazy port each then abandon ship.

Battery life doesn't really matter that much anymore, to be honest. If it's rechargeable by USB, power banks exist, and are extremely cheap and portable. This isn't 1990 anymore.

I mean, it'll suck if and when it has less than 4~5 hour battery life, but it's not the end of the world like it would've been even 5 years ago.

That's not really an argument, though. It makes sense to you, it makes sense to me, but it's not really reality, is it? People still buy the system. They like the franchises available on it. They don't really feel like setting up a PC.

>What the picture doesn't say is that each of the publishers would give 1 lazy port each then abandon ship.
Because the fucking Wii U sucked and the way Nintendo handled development with the Wii U was even worse.

Thankfully, it seems Nvidia is handling the Switch.

It'll be based on the X1 or X2 and it will very likely be weaker than what it is based on

The only thing that needs to be custom about it is Nintendo's DRM which is typically handled by a subprocessor like the ARM9 or the IOSU in the 3DS and Wii U respectively. If you really think there's going to be something hugely more powerful than the X2 and that they'll be able to price it competitively, you're an absolute idiot

Why is the Mario on the left the Mario model from melee?

melee HD?

>Battery life doesn't really matter that much anymore,
if I'm going to bring something with me to play somewhere, it's not going to be a device I have to plug in to a wall or carry battery packs for, while also being bigger than a damn game gear.

If I wanted to do that, I'd bring my laptop, that's easier to transport and will last at least 6 hours with emulators.

You can't push that the thing's portability is a perk while also pointing out that it isn't really portable.

Nintendo couldn't lock down Tetris for Switch???

It's a fanmade picture.

It's all happening again

I can't wait until this flops

Nvidia is giving Nintendo a big discount on the software and hardware being used for the Switch.

>tiny little thing the size of a roll of quarters is too much of a hassle to bring along, i'd rather just bring a giant fucking laptop

So, uh
How bout that Switch case that was leaked?
Apparently a ~9 foot usb cable was leaked as well

fpbp

>I can't wait until this flops
Why?

Faggots like you were hyping up the Wii U and look how that turned out. I'll wait a year after it comes out with some actual fucking games to even think about it.

I got a Wii U for $200 last month with Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, Bayo 1&2, and Smash. Put in 120 hours in X, so it's been pretty worth it so far.

>software

>Chinese made generic battery packs that are advertised charging cell phones from 12 years ago

Yeah, good luck getting any substantial charge for your switch out of that.

its a 4 year old console with mid range hardware from 2012 its really not that impressive anymore

The API. That's actually important because the API used for the Wii U was god awful.

Yeah, I'm sure they're getting a great deal on what is effectively an X1 or X2 SoC. The real question is which one is it going to be. You're implying there's another question and there isn't.

It'll be like carrying a textbook with you. So portable...

Power equivalent to Xbox One and $250

Just leaked that its powered via usb, and I've already got like 5 power banks, sooo

I installed a dozen pirated games on my Wii U last month

That was a pretty good deal too

>You're implying there's another question and there isn't.
Why can there not be and we won't know till January.

Emily Rogers just reported that the Switch will have a good Virtual Console line up.

>Major third parties returning to Nintendo

they say this shit for every new console and it never happens

The writing is on the wall. Don't blame me when the Switch is as underpowered as we all knew it was going to be.

The Switch with the Joy Cons is the size of the Vita, slightly taller though.

Yeah, if there's one good thing about Nintendo being shit at online anything, it's that when their stuff gets cracked, it gets cracked hard. I enjoy my hacked Vita as well, but I own most of the games worth a damn anyways.

You're right. It's just one big flop instead.

>no dpad

I will continue to laugh at this console until it fixes this simple issue. I want a dpad on the portable for 2D games. It isn't that hard Nintendo. You have been doing it for years and suddenly you stop because you want a gimmick again? Yeah nah lol.

The Xbox One has actually turned around and be come a moderate success.

It does happen
It just doesn't last because drones don't buy Nintendo hardware for 3rd party

Without* sorry.

Moderate success in only one region. Microsoft still won't announce lifetime hardware sales for a good reason.

>Moderate success in only one region.
That's how it's always been.

Also, the sales in Europe aren't bad.

If its a massive success, it will be because it caters to an audience no one here could hope to understand so they won't see how it when it hits them just like people didn't see it when Donald Trump won : kids.

>The Switch with the Joy Cons is the size of the Vita, slightly taller though.
No, it's not.

The switch screen is ~6.5 inches. The unit without the joycons is about as long as a vita, but taller.

Add the joycons and you've got literally the biggest portable system out there.

I meant without. Also, the screens actually 6.2

same shit was said about the wii u. Im in disbelief.

>make shit ports
>people don't buy them
>hurr 3rd parties don't sell
3rd party developers don't give a shit about the ports why should I or anyone else

Do you really expect Reggie to get up on stage and talk about tflops? They will never officially announce how powerful it is because it's a turd, and the same happened with the Wii U. We didn't know what was in it until it started getting sold and someone opened one up and photographed the die with a microscopic camera.

Reggie's response to how powerful the NX is going to be was that it's all about the games. That's going to be their continued approach.

More specifically, he was asked how many tflops the NX would be. Can you imagine how embarrassing it must be to release a dedicated gaming device in 2017 that isn't even a single tflop? I mean I feel sorry for the guy. It's not like the Switch is his creation, he's just a corporate sock puppet

Do you remember how much flak the vita got for its size?

This thing, in its portable good to go mode, is much larger than that.

It's not portable in the sense other handhelds are portable. It's portable in the sense that a laptop is portable.

>Do you remember how much flak the vita got for its size?
I don't. I had a vita and it were perfectly sized.

>the switch uses USB-C
Nintendo aren't as behind the times as I thought.

I hope Nintendo has more than Wii U remasters and years old 3rd party ports prepared for Switch's launch, or it'll suffer like 3DS and Wii U did.

It was ridiculed endlessly leading up to and after launch for being too huge to be portable.

They spammed pictures of a tiny asian woman holding one to make it look bigger than it actually was.

I actually believe that the switch will be superior to xbone; but come on guys, flops aren't all that matters

>Nintendo Switch can compare to a laptop from 2001

Looks like Nintendo has won the console wars!

3 of those were shit ports and the other was ME3

It's portable in the sense that a tablet is portable, and that's plenty portable for people.

Oh ya. I forgot about that. You're right. But in the end, there wasn't an issue with the size.

The Switch, without the joy cons, is size of the Vita, only taller.

The expectation is that you put this in a bag like you would with an ipad or a laptop

say hello to nintendos future

Since when did Nintendo ever have the dudebro audience?