Why is the International Zodiac Job System the better version? Trying to play now...

Why is the International Zodiac Job System the better version? Trying to play now, and having to choose between Jobs seems to be a extremely desnecessary gimmick. Can you guys explain to me why the majority prefer this version? The original version, seems to be better to me.

Break damage limit mostly, now the blacka and white mage aren't useless. You can kill everything is seconds now with the break armor, etc. Also the new version is going to fix things by letting you jump between classes i beleive.

What are the best classes for each character?

Post above beat me to it.

The IZJS's most touted feature, individual classes, is actually it's worst feature. It's all the other fixes that save it.

Final fantasy is known for job systems. I'd imagine a large portion of the fanbase loves job systems as well so a ff title without a job system vs a the same title with one will lose out.

Can't wait. Don't know if it will look better than just emulating, but I'll remain optimistic.

I may pick this version up. I never beat 12 on the ps2. Stopped playing 12 hours in.

The people who claim it's the better version are the same people who haven't actually played it.

Forcing you to choose permanently between jobs and locking you out of half the game's spells and abilities regardless of your choices is completely asinine. Removing damage limits is equally asinine and completely breaks late game balance. The speedup feature is wonky and breaks immersion.

The only good features from what I could tell after playing it for a dozen hours or so are the ability to manually control summons, and the new challenge dungeon thing which I hear lets you fight all the judges.

FF 12 is my favourite of the series. Seing my ond memory card, i have four playthroughs with more than a 100 hours each. This will be my first time playing this version after years, sp when you guys say something like "fix all the issues", i would like to know which are issues that this game has?

>balance

It's a single player game.

Single player games still need to be properly balanced to be fun. If you steamroll every enemy, or you can't kill anything, that wouldn't make for a good game. Proper balance to preserve challenges while making victory achievable is actually pretty hard to do well.

Being FFXII is a pretty bad issue.

To me, FF 12 is the best in the series.

>desnecessary

What did he mean by this?

To me, you're a faggot.

I always thought the biggest issue was how bad Vann and Penelo's outfits were. Can you change them in the International edition?

English clearly isn't his first language.

>using a comma or form of punctuation you don't fully understand in a language you clearly can't speak

what did he mean by this?

Rekt

Yes, and? Are you retarded?

What are the best classes for each character?

Some people find fun to break the game.

Balthier - White Mage
Ashe - Samurai
Vaan - Monk
Balthier - Archer
Penelo - Black Mage or Red Mage
Fran - Breaker

>Penelo's outfit
>bad

And those people are retards and should be disregarded.

No time mage? Not having Haste or Hastega seems to be a bad thing.

After beating FFXV, i'm excited to play FFXII Remaster. I will buy FFXV HD Remaster sometime next year too t b h

>letting you jump between classes
Sauce. So far playing the IZJS version on emulator is the best version since you can class change with the IZJS editor. Hopefully the make a balanced class change where the nodes are built in a way that certain class combos will help obtain normally unreachable nodes.

>desnecessary

Time Mage is always fun, but ultimately pretty useless.

I was just posting the easymode setup. There are way funner ones.

I still can't play ff12 from all the stuttering when they put away or pull our their weapons

who in their right mind let that stay in the game is beyond me

That's not something that needs "fixed". Limiting characters to classes actually makes them unique and requires you to use multiple rotating characters on your team, something which the original struggled with when the only thing different between them were base stats and some characters having shittier animations. What you're suggesting would just ruin the whole thing and make every character pretty much interchangeable again.

I like the job system because it makes more than three characters useful while the rest just get benched.
Although in actuality this is because the classes have clear limits on what abilities the characters get instead of every character being able to do everything, but the latter is shitty design and removes identity from characters.

Vahn and Penelo are already pointless side characters (who for some reason we're supposed to pretend are the main characters), they don't need to be functionally useless too.

This is the set up I've seen a lot of people recommend, Vaan is usually a Monk while Basch is usually a Hunter.

Balthier - White Mage
Ashe - Samurai
Vaan - Monk
Basch - Hunter
>Penelo - Black Mage (You can make her something else but she is objectively the best character to be a pure magic damage dealer in the game.)
Fran - Breaker (Or whatever the heavy armor class is called, it's like the warrior class.)

This is probably objectively the best class set up for each character, if you want a time mage then you'd probably have to make Penelo one but I thought White Mages could learn Hastaga and other shit? Also the only reason that class set up is superior is because of min/max shit, if you don't care about min/max'ing stats on characters then you can assign whatever classes you want to people.

>Removing damage limits is equally asinine and completely breaks late game balance.
letting everyone do everything is just as OP. It comes down to preference.

I prefer it because I played the original so much that it's nice to play something different, plus the speedup feature is fantastic for farming shit in 122333 runs.

Aha, so people's preference for IZJS is due to retardation.

When I played the regular version of XII, I used each character for a different role, and used all of them in every battle. I don't need the game to lock off a bunch of content for my characters to be unique.

I had the same exact setup, except Balthier as a Time Mage.

Every character already had different stats and started at different points on the License Board anyway.
Since I haven't played it though I'm curious, how does IZJS handle JP balance, since there would in theory be far less licenses that characters could get overall, is there anything changed there like JP earned or the costs?

Because people didn't know how to roleplay and be creative with the nonrestrictive system.
>where's muh mage girl and heavy sword guy?
>here's some builds we made from the existing abilities - now you can just learn the skills on this license board to roleplay as that job

>Limiting characters to classes actually makes them unique and requires you to use multiple rotating characters on your team,

Eh?

Why would you want to rotate characters in/out in either version of the game? That's wasting EXP, which means wasting time.

I mean sure, if you're fighting a boss and he kills 3 people and you need to sub a fresh body in to quickly phoenix down on two of your fallen comrades, sure, having more HP for that might be good. But compared to the benefit of letting 3 characters soak ALL of your EXP with a solid party setup (ex. Red Mage + Knight + DD) you'll save a lot of time and effort.

Also Reverse+Decoy is OP.

You're in the vast minority there. Also, you're already "locking off a bunch of content" by making your characters unique, what you're describing is the exact same shit as what characters are like with locked classes. The only difference being IZJS has more ways for your characters to be unique, and you're actually forced to think strategically. Whereas with vanilla, sure you could do what you're suggesting, but by game's end you're just gimping yourself by not having every character bubbling and using Tournesol or some shit.

Funnily enough, slapping a shirt on Vaan in the DS game fixed his design immensely.

It is the better version if you use the live editor for pcsx2, you can make custom classes that way. Making a sky pirate class for Vaan was pretty amazing in my first run.

>I need the game to place restrictions on me and don't find it the most rewarding to overcome things using the builds and strategies that I've come up with

Having someone tell me how to build my characters and come up with my party dynamics kills the strategy aspect.

>I need the game to place restrictions on me
A game is a series of restrictions. They're called rules.

>what are you saying, I can only move my bishop diagonally across the chess board?! bullshit, this game is for faggots

This, but you're not allowed to say that here because it triggers the "No self-imposed challenges allowed" fags.

>live editor for pcsx2
>IZJS editor
Oh fuck this is awesome

That's going beyond the resources that are available. It's completely different. The fun is doing what you can with what you have. I'm not asking for daggers to do a million damage. I'm looking at what their properties are and how to use them with the properties from other gear/skills/etc to do something cool with them. I don't want my tools to be limited, and I don't want blueprints of what to build.

>Reverse+Decoy is OP
I love how they recognize this in the final trial battle, and the judges will actually try to heal you if you attempt it.

It sure is user.

Speaking in-universe, what do Ivalice people get when they buy a piece of gambit?

Does IZJS stop you from picking the same job for multiple people?
Also, couldn't they just nerf Bubble slightly instead and isn't there only one Tournesol?