MMORPG's

So it seem's like MMORPG's are slowly dying out..

What is your current MMO that you are playing, tell us some stuff you like about it and some stuff you dislike about it.

>Guild Wars 2
I love that gear doesn't = skill in it.

It's hard to find anything worthwhile to do..

Currently playing wakfu
I like the character designs a lot and the gameplay is pretty entertaining but classes stop being fun for me when I stop getting new spells and hit the grind wall

>nothing
It doesn't remind me how soulless and formulaic MMOs have become.

Play it for Nostalgia..

>waiting for nost servers

ironic that WoW actually killed the MMORPG genre because it killed all the competition and then when it went to shit no one could fill it's shoes and we no longer have any good MMOS

I just started Tera, its fun.

>Project Gorgon

Pros:
Good community
Unique + fun take on customizing your character's combat abilities
Lots of random ass skills to level up sorta like rune scape
Lots of things to constantly distract you in game
Lots of reasons to interact with other players and lots of player to player interaction in general

Cons:
Player/NPC models are really ugly
Basically only 1-2 areas to level/gear up for each level bracket (First dungeon is like level 10-30)
When you start using a new combat skill or make a new character combat is clunky and slow since you only have 1 or 2 attacks

>tfw waiting for bless to come to NA
pls hurry

i've heard about this. it sounded interesting.

isn't PG apparently a part of some new revival of the classic MMORPG that's going on with some indie developers?

Tera has a god awful leveling path. Good luck, hope you rolled lancer.

You had me at Runescape with player interaction again. And ugly models will keep out the tards.

I don't know if it was advertised as a "Revival" of anything, but to me it seems like a very different game altogether so I would classify it as its own thing, just because of how it deals with things like combat skills. It does sort of feel nostalgic/old timey just because there's a good sense of adventure/discovery though.

>I love that gear doesn't = skill in it.

>It's hard to find anything worthwhile to do..

I think you answered your own question there.

Kek.

Anyone who didn't get a refund on GW2 during the early release week is a retard.

Who knew that flooding the market with soulless WoW clones could lead to a stagnant genre?

>lose interest in wildstar
>no other mmo has encounters that are on the same level of fun and challenge
Add to that how good just moving around feels and now every mmo is ruined for me now.

looks delicious

Is she taking a painful shit?

I wonder how fucked by F2P will be if it comes out.

publisher said they're not going to change anything from the korean shop and I haven't heard of any blatant p2w parts of it.

>Getting a refund

Fuck you third world scum, I don´t refund games I´m not a poor faggot

This.
And many old games that were different and good were shut down so they could be replaced by wow clones or even worse.

Guild Wars 2 feels a bit like Wildstar. If you haven't played the Heart of Thorns content yet you might want to give it another shot.

I haven't touched in a while since I ground out a legendary and burned myself out.

>Aeria games
I'll believe it when it comes out.

>Aeria

All interest lost. Their tiered rewards setup is pure cancer.

You don't eat them. They're a playable race.

They certainly seem to want to leave their p2w reputation behind them.

Anyone play Albion Online? Any good?

>Guild Wars 2 feels a bit like Wildstar
Fuck off, no it doesn't. I bought GW2 on release cause I let myself get caught up in the hype.

I downloaded it but everyone keeps saying its dead in the water. How's the population so far?

What's a halfway decent MMO with a good RP community? I know LOTRO has one but I know extremely little of LOTR lore, so I wouldn't be able to do much.

i would play this if it wasnt optimized like shit.
cant run this without drops even with a gtx 1070

LOTRO
It's just too comfy to stop playing, especially when we get to the snowy months of the year, it achieves maximum comfy

after 2000 hours i'm finally bored sitting on 20mil gil from crafting/HQ mat selling with all level 60's

I fucking miss Runescape...

I definitely want to start playing Lotro, that game is pretty large

was playing vindictus but kinda want to try either neverwinter or star trek online

>Wouldn't mind joining in an RP community
>But my vocabulary, grammar, and spelling is honestly lacking
>Know they'll constantly judge me but probably won't say anything because they need someone to help them get their RP fix

Too much stress

MMORPGs are dying only because the companies that made them were mostly low-budget F2P developers and all of those have just moved on to mobile games.

I just want a good D&D or pathfinder based MMO

why is it so much to ask for?

>Tabletop
>The only limitation is your imagination
>Video Games
>Can only dev so much shit

Maybe just a bit

Yeah, I get that, but still. I mean, imagine if NWN2 or IWD took their system and made it an MMO.

I think it'd be a beautiful thing, and actual role players would be able to join up in a huge world. It'd be beautiful.

It's definitely not dead but the population has never been very big at all. The online population is usually between 30-70 between the week and the weekend (Going AFK for too long disconnects you so it's not an inflated number at all).

The game is supposed to be released on steam eventually which will increase the player count, but how much I have no idea.

waiting on 3.0 and fresh start, gonna see how it goes

Nothing currently, though once my finances are stable I intend to try a bit of Revelation and then resub to XIV once I get enough frustration from korean/chinese grind.

>30-70

Guess I'll just wait for it to come to steam.

You wanna hear an RP story?

>Playing WoW back during cata days
>Decide I'm bored of Alliance, roll a Goblin on WrA
>Shadowpriestess who runs a cult, scams money out of cultists and in general just fucks with them
>Joins a group of other Goblins who run an Alchemy business
>Have fun for the first few days, but suddenly shit becomes serious
>Totally fine with serious stuff here and there, but they keep laying dark turn after dark turn
>Try my best to keep my character upbeat if a bit crazy, but it seems like the guild really wants to drag me down to their level
>Despite Goblins being comedic in nature, the guild had character backstories such as: Incest, rape, addiction, etc etc
>OOCly the group seemed nice enough, however the co-GM is a massive cunt
>co-GM's character eventually snaps at one point, stabs my character in the eye, which I didn't allow
>Mention this to them, only get "Well my character is evil." as a response
>Reply that that wasn't the point, it's extremely bad form to suddenly land a hit on another character without their permission or winning a roll in a /roll battle, especially in an area that will be fucked up for the rest of their lives like the eye.
>"Well, all I can say is my character is evil. Roll with it or leave is about as much as I can say."
>Shake my head in disgust and leave the guild.
>mfw they're still one of the most popular RP guilds on WrA last time I checked (Legion)

I so very much want to get into MMO RP, but it seems that everyone is more concerned about furthering their own DEEP DARK backstories than just having a character do shit. I don't mind serious but when you do it day after day it becomes melodramatic and irritating.

playing Vindictus

it's so decline is so depressing. Everything is super easy to get now compared to 6 months ago and it's still not enough to bring back old players.

It is a genre that is desperate for innovation, but the only "innovation" that comes along is shitty features tacked on to the same base gameplay that everyone is tired of.

One day a company is going to come along, probably a fresh company, and they're going to make a really fucking great MMORPG that puts the years of bullshit preceding it to shame. That company is going to become very rich in a very short period of time.

It's not actually nearly as bad as it seems. That basically means 30-70 online and active all the time. The log out time for being afk is like 15 minutes or something so it's not like half of those people are afk.

Still Trion, buddy.

>Vindick
>MMO

Part of the problem is everyone went from trying to make a wow clone to trying their hardest not to be wow. That and crappy F2P games are much more profitable these days.

This is said about literally every F2P game. Most of the time it's a lie.

Hopefully that MMO has no market board, no IMS (Make dungeon entrances cross server or something so people can still find parties), all crafts are meaningful, guilds are more than just glorified chat rooms/party finders, and there are things to do beyond a shitty craft/gather system and dungeons/raids.
I want proper fishing, I want boats, I want reason to go slap mobs, I want being in a guild to have purpose, I want raids to be something fun and challenging to do, but you don't feel like you're being left behind if you don't keep on top of it.

I really do miss this game, I actually logged on for the first time today but I just blew up my +12s and logged right off

There's no "new" content just these dumb mini game events

Currently playing on Kronos II. I missed the challenge of everything vanilla had. The only problem I have with it is some of the quest item drop rates can be a pain.

God I wish Guild Wars 1 was still alive.

>This is said about literally every F2P game.
Most the time the publisher says they're going to tailor the shop to their region, like black desert. I look around for cashshop info and couldn't find anything that would give one player a huge advantage over another.

MMOs stopped being about the game and became entirely about the gear grind. See: FF14. That game is pointless and it masks the dull content by having good production values, but it repeats the same mechanics ad nauseam and is mostly easy as shit anyway.

tl;dr: the whole genre has been reduced to a dress-up-doll type of game.

Post comfy screens as proof

I played GW2 too, quit at the expansion. I always come back for Wintersday, out of nostalgia since I got the game for Christmas
Currently playing Path of Exile
Pros: Lots of customization, neat gear
Cons: Grindy as fuck, not very social, nothing to do outside of combat, the cool gear effects are on uniques (which have locked mods) which makes rolling for mods on other gear less important

Wildstar is such a huge pile of shit, even thinking about it makes people severely constipated.

IMO that's the bigger problem with the genre. Most of the companies behind running them are pure cancer all the way through. It just follows that 90% of the games are malignant.

I know Nexon is shit but I remember Mabinogi being different, not necessarily good though
Anyone tried it? Is it okay?
Also, reminder that pic related will always be best PvP-centric MMO

Go play FFXI, you just described it.

Fuck you faggot, wildstar is great. It's dead because it was mismanaged and fucked it's 2 launches. The game itself is fun but people don't forgot a shitton of bugs at release and a f2p relaunch where the game had unplayable lag for a full week.

>cousin bought me bronze account of BDO
>Wants me to level to play with him, know he's in it for the polar bear shit
>can not even get past the character creation i loathe it so much
Jesus christ, someone lie to me and tell me its a fun game

I rest my case with this user's reaction.

This. Wildstar got the raw end of the deal TWICE. The player housing is super comfy, and the movement and combat feel great. it is poorly optimized though

What do companies have to do with anything I wish an MMO would do?

No, not really.
I'm not really interested in an MMO all but on it's death bed anyways.

A shell of a once great game.

Sorry user, but you're mistaken. MMORPGs are doom to fail. This is a dying genre. Sorry for being a pessimist.

A few years back, I would have agreed with "this industry needs innovation" but that's exactly what MMOers don't want. Remember the "WE JUST NEED MORE SANDBOXES THEN EVERYTHING WILL BE FIXED!" meme that has been spewing the past few years? Remember the companies feeding those demands all along 2009 - 2013 from games like Mortal Online, Xsyon, Darkfall, The Repopulation, Dragon's Prophet, and Earthrise, and non of those games are doing exceptionally well or BURSTING with people despite everyone demanding it. MMORPGs have been shoehorned into a familial category of gear grind and WoW layout that innovation would be a detrimental mistake. MMOers are worse than women in that they don't know what the fuck they want.

Another thing is, despite MOBAs existing, there are growing online gaming genres on the rise from easy gratifying Hero Shooters, and hub/online multiplayer games, I just don't see MMOs competing in this market when players have so many other alternatives to feed their multiplayer fix. Those who cared about MMOs back then have moved on to bigger things in the market. Everyone is also starting to drink the "MMOs are dead" and "All/Modern MMOs are shit" koolaid. There's just no hope anymore of MMOs.

The only MMOs I've been interested in within the past 4 years are Guild Wars 2 and WildStar. I gave TERA a go and a bunch of others but nothing has really kept my interest.

Is Blade & Soul decent? I was going to try Black Desert Online but I've heard that it's not good.

I'd prefer action combat but I have a friend playing FFXIV.

At the end of the day.. Still cucked by Trino.

anyone wanan play an mmo with me

>loli poster
how long would we get before you're v&?

I don't play with bratposters

no way fag

I'd love to play FFXI with you. But I need to finish V - X first

B&S had potential, but NCSoft neutered it.
By the time they actually put work into fixing the issues and not shoveling new content out every three weeks, a majority of people had already quit. The grind is utterly ridiculous and unless you have a certain amount of stat, you're not getting anything that isn't IMS parties if you're not in a guild. Combat is alright, optimization is fairly poor.
BDO I hear mixed things about, but I've never tried it myself.
I'd say go with XIV, though there's a lot of story you have to play through and it's a slow starting game depending on the class.

what game loser

I only played the Beta because I'm a cheapskate but it seemed like ArcheAge without the energy mechanics being designed so that you're eventually forced to sub
I've heard it's gotten worse though...
Depends on the game desu

ah such shame!

>Anime loli
No thanks, I'm not into ERP.

Nope, the gear grind is horrendous and rng driven.
PvP, which is a huge part of the game is decided by gear, if gear isn't the deciding factor, then it's whoever is playing Warrior or Ranger. Then whoever gets the first stun, then skill.
PvE is mind numbing boring. And when you hit 50 welcome to gank city. where lv 60 Tet geared players oneshot you just for trying to farm to 51. And they keep you down as low as they can so they never have competition.

Shit game. Pretty though.

I just got back into it yesterday. I'm gonna try to make a ranged pure and see how it goes

Definantly not as popular and vibrant as it once was, but its still runescape (osrs to clarify)

Are you cute
will you pretend to be my gf

I would kill to play an MMO with best YRYR

>lv 60 Tet geared players oneshot you just for trying to farm to 51. And they keep you down as low as they can so they never have competition.
Yet again proving that world pvp is a cancerous blight upon gaming.

you can get ganked in BDO?
lol good thing I stopped at like level 20

pick one

it's not pretending if we love each other user

BDO is a shit game all around. world pvp isn't bad itself.

eden eternal

>world pvp isn't bad itself.
Name a game in recent years that has had world pvp that is done well and isn't just abused as a means for geared faggots to stake out their farming spots away from lower levels.

I'd kill to replay this game during pre-F2P.

not that guy, but your posts and some quick research have convinced me to give the game a shot

been itching for a decently interesting MMO

Is this good?

Warhammer Online.

Listen up you cute little brat

That game looks like dog doodoo and the company that made it has a history of pooping out straight dookie

If you can't commit to our relationship with a game that requires purchase or at the very least a monthly subscription, I won't even brush your hair or pull the blanket all the way up to your chin

imma duck quak quak

wildstar, duh
the joke is that there aren't enough players to really have world pvp