$249

>$249
>ALL Nintendo teams and partners working on this single device, software droughts no more
>Dark Souls Trilogy, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Monster Hunter 5, other third party titles
>Gamecube virtual console

Why would you NOT get a Switch?

Because I already own an iPad.

MELEE HD

>Dark Souls Trilogy, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Monster Hunter 5, other third party titles
source?

>Dark Souls Trilogy
Not even confirmed and even if it was it'd run at whopping 5fps

> it'd run at whopping 5fps
Just like the originals

Wow 5fps that's just about as cinematic as the last guardian

>Dark Souls Trilogy
why would I want to play that shit again?.

>monster hunter
is shit

>I don't like home consoles
>as a portable system it looks like total trash between the sheer size and all possible ramifications connected to the fucking cooling fan

>$249
Never gonna happen. gonna be 400. Screencap this.

Wii and Wii U have dry libraries, and Wii U and 3DS have shown that Nintendo has moved to ridiculously harsh greedy business practices. Old games that should be cheap are still running at over $30. Digital prices never drop. Everything is expensive, especially comparatively.

So no I'm not going to waste money for the newest watered down Mario games.

>actually typing 249 and not 250
fuck off marketer.

It's called the Switch because you Switch the console off.

Literally everything you said is wrong.

>Old games that should be cheap are still running at over $30. Digital prices never drop
This is normal for Nintendo and has been forever.
> Everything is expensive, especially comparatively.

Because other games are shit ;)
No, seriously it's because Nintendo games sell over a long time. Other devs/pubs rely entirely on week 1 sales.

i don't buy rumors hype babby.

>dude buy this system for games you already owned since last gen days

Don't you get tired of doing it for free?

It won't be $400. Nintendo is introverted as hell but even they can get their head out of their ass far enough to see commercial suicide THAT obvious. You can get a PS4 and Xbone for $300 easy, no way in hell Nintendo can release a $400 machine and compete unless it cooks you breakfast and gives you blowjobs, at which point Nintendo might as well give that love hotel business another shot.

>moved

Nintendo hasn't gone anywhere. It's always been that way.

I agree with Nintendo's digital prices but at least where I am retail prices are pretty fair. Nintendo also brought back Nintendo Selects, which is pretty decent, imo.

I usually don't just buy certain games striaght away but keep looking for good deals on them. I got a new copy of Star Fox 3ds for less than 15 Yurobucks, for example. And picked up Dong Freeze, Bayo2, NSMBU+L and Star Fox Zero all new for a combined 60€.

I'm betting $350 US But it's nintendo so i wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

Seems to work for Sony and Microsoft.

It's weaker than the Wii U, OP. It's not going to be the next greatest thing. Also shit battery life with shit gimmick controls that don't even include a basic d-pad.

so what you're saying is the best thing it has is a rumor of a port of some games that have been out for years that it surely won't be able to run properly?

THEY'LL BE LINING UP FOR BLOCKS FOR THIS THING.

You told me this about wiiu too

Why do so many people want GC games so bad? It was a fucking awful system by Nintendo standards.

if it gets weeb games and can replace my Vita itll be the best thing

>Dark Souls Trilogy
I have a PS3, PS4, and PC to play these on already and already own them all
>Beyond Good & Evil 2
Already own it
>Monster Hunter 5
Not my kind of game
>other third party titles
I own a PC
I own a PC to emulate on and a gamecube already

The only reason I would even think to buy a Switch is if a new, good Metroid game came out for it.

>I got a new copy of Star Fox 3ds for less than 15 Yurobucks

Funny you should mention that game specifically. It's $40 american dollars. A 5 year old port of a 20 year old game is $40.

How can anybody defend this?

People need to stop saying this shit and getting my hopes up. Vita's GOAT but it won't be around forever. Save us, Switch.

>Beyond Good & Evil 2
>Already own it

No one will defend it, but it's well acknowledged that it's nothing new. Mario Kart DS probably still costs more than probably any given AAA title from 2 or 3 years ago, and that's a now 11 year old game with its online cut off.

Can't fool me 3 times.

We'll see the launch lineup in January. If it looks like shit, wait and see where it goes from there. Seems easy enough to not get fooled here.

Will only buy it if I can play melee on it
I'm really hoping for melee HD on launch

with gamecube joycons hnnnnggg

>Melee HD

You know the fanbase will bitch if so much as the slightest thing changes, right?

ye, as long as they use the same engine and the same emchanics everything will be okay

Nintendo's recommended prices seem to be shitty in the US (like everywhere else). But aren't there a lot of really awesome deals in US retail? I remmeber reading threads on other forums where people would always talk about buy 1 get 2 deals. Or special vouchers that you could get for your purchase. Some people just bought games in bulk, and thus ended up paying like a mere 12$ per 3DS game.

You literally outed your age with this post.

You were too young to know how videogames were actually priced until this generation.

Nintendo first party titles NEVER go down in price unless they do a special printing for budget pricing. This time around it's called Nintendo Selects.

>the best F-Zero
>the best Metroid
>the best Zelda
>the best 3d Mario
>the best Smash Bros
>other exclusives like Eternal Darkness, Rogue Leader, MGS Twin Snakes
>best versions of some multiplats (e.g. TimeSplitters 2, Metal Arms, Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Soul Calibur 2, Ikaruga, Prince of Persia)

Gee, I dunno

>You were too young to know how videogames were actually priced until this generation.
Notice how games were better back then. The devs knew the game wouldn't be $20 in 6 months and word of mouth got around if your game was good or bad.

Now it is just hollywood marketing and games are throwaway shit.

>but even they can get their head out of their ass far enough to see commercial suicide THAT obvious
Do i have to remind you about the 3DS XL/new 3DS chargers?
Or maybe the fact that their games price doesn't get low even after 5 years?

To my knowledge, not really. I mean, I saw a handful of decent 3DS game deals on Black Friday and next to no WiiU ones. And let's not even talk about digital, where a "huge" sale for Nintendo usually sits around 30, maybe 50 percent off if you're extremely lucky. Compared to PSN or Xbox Live, I barely see why they even bother.

>Beyond Good & Evil 2
>Already own it
At least you could have checked google before posting bait.

>>the best F-Zero
X
>>the best Metroid
Super
>>the best Zelda
Definitely not
>>the best 3d Mario
DEFINITELY not
>>the best Smash Bros
Wii U
>other exclusives like Eternal Darkness, Rogue Leader, MGS Twin Snakes
Yeah sure.
>Multiplats
Meh

I'm 31, shut up with this

Don't care for Nintendo's kiddy games, not interested in a bunch of ports and Monster Hunter 5 is going to be on PlayStation 4. Also don't care about old GC games I can emulate.

>Monster Hunter 5 is going to be on PlayStation 4

lmao

>3DS XL/new 3DS chargers?

Shitty, but Nintendo basically owns the handheld market. They can get away with bullshit like that as they provide the world Pokemon machines. Home consoles are a different story.

>Or maybe the fact that their games price doesn't get low even after 5 years?

5, he says. There are NES games that still retain absurd value, and I'm not talking about rare ones. Zelda 1 carts still retail for a pretty penny considering they're 30 years old. Nothing has changed, Nintendo has always been pretty guilty of price fixing and similar strategies. If anything, they're BETTER now.

>but Sony!
Every time

Not really, everyone is riding the ports and remasters train. Hell, Nintendo's been doing it like crazy with the 3D Zeldas over the last 5 years.

>Why would you NOT get a Switch?
I know we're in Sup Forums, but we aren't quite the gullible idiots you seem to think we are.

>but we aren't quite the gullible idiots you seem to think we are.

I dunno quite a few people here got suckered into buying a PS4 Pro.

>$249
Nah, they're going to get greedy and 300-kill their console on arrival. THEN later they will price drop it after realizing people don't want to pay that much for old tech, and the suits will believe doing it this way won't damage the console's brand and userbase irreparably.

REMEMBER, YOU CAN'T SPELL "SWITCH" WITHOUT "SHIT"

SWITCH
H
I
T

I wanted to buy Switch but I couldn't find one anywhere. So I bought a Pro.

>>>the best F-Zero
>X
fuck off hipster
You know damn well that GX is a better game

waiting for switch. fuck the current gen consoles that run on 25fps. Id rather get a console that has fun games.

GX is fucking trash.

>muh forced story
>muh shitty characters nobody cares about
>muh shitty forgettable techno music
>muh bland and generic art style

All GX had going for it was speed and 60fps.

Oh fuck now I don't want it anymore.

>All GX had going for it was speed and 60fps

X was 60FPS anyway.

>we aren't quite the gullible idiots you seem to think we are.

Best laugh I've had in days, thanks mate.

Enjoy your freemium games, clones of apps that were fads, 2 physical buttons (Power/Home), and no quality titles that you'd find on real consoles, PCs, and handhelds.

You are fucking trash.

>>Gamecube virtual console
Wow, so all these games I already purchased on the Wii, I have to purchase again despite already owning them? You Nintendrones are pathetic.

please inform us how you purchase GC games on Wii

>he doesn't know about the wii store
My sides have been obliterated.

>rumours and speculation

Wew lad

>$249
For a $100 tablet

>software droughts no more
LOL

Bunch of multiplats with the best versions on other plattforms

DOA

>why won't you buy a system based on all of this speculation?

Nintendo is so lucky to have drones who shill everything for free

>249$=350€
>gimmick console that's not good enough to be a home console but too big to be handheld

Dolphin

Why WOULD I?

>user says, as he brings his PC with him on the bus

>BG&E2
>Monster Hunter
>multiplats

Hmm

>too big for a handheld

It's smaller than an ipad

So no problem

yeah but how much smaller? ipad is too big for a handheld too

>what are laptops?

Enjoy your half a decade old games

>why won't you buy a switch to play games you already own?

The only thing that really bothers be about the switch is those fucking huge bezels

But the ipad is used as a portable, meaning people don't give a shit at its size

The switch will be fine (size-wise, at least)

Portability familia

Same, especially because they force the Joycons to have that stupid shape.
Unfortunately, they are probably so big because they need space to fit all the hardware, fans, and shit inside.

if the switch dont work, i predict the next console will be more traditional, with good online

>2 threads on the same topic? I CAN'T ACCEPT IT!!
Fuck off.

I want to bully the Nintendo Dark Souls community so bad. I remember when I got the first game on Steam when it's released on PC, so many retards playing it was funny to mess with them.

What a sad life.

im not a console cuck

and there are no fighting games on this cuck machine

>last gen ports
it's a repeat of the wii u.

Not him but I'll gladly take a Zelda-like for $10 than wait five years for Breath of the Wild. You do realize there's touch commands on the screen JUST like the Wii U and Switch (hence why you can play Minecraft on an iPhone and most 2D fighting games)
Again, not defending his point but you're projecting hard. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Switch but I'm not stupid enough to put all my eggs in one basket

>You do realize there's touch commands on the screen JUST like the Wii U and Switch (hence why you can play Minecraft on an iPhone and most 2D fighting games)
Epic, JUST epic
Also
>that shit
>Zelda-like
Holy shit taste batman

>why cant dark souls crawl??

>Dark Souls
>Monster Hunter
>Gamecube

That's why I wouldn't.

>it's a repeat of PS4

Fixed that for ya, buddy.