What happened?

What happened?
I thought this was supposed to be RO2.0?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SyL4CwCAWlI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It ended up being RO0.1

Company turned into a bunch of money grubbing jews and focused entirely on how to screw money out of players rather than fixing problems in the game.

Generic theme park. Cookie cutter builds.

Decent game but shitty company

Applies to most MMOs these days

Never trust a Korean, literally the biggest Jews in all of Asia.

the devs never claimed it was a spiritual successor to RO, but people that enjoyed RO were hoping it would be and shilled it as such

doesn't really change the fact that the game is objectively shit in terms of gameplay as well as optimization even if you don't make any direct comparisons to RO. it's pretty clear the only people that had passion for the game were the artists

Put 100 hours into the closed beta. Hit a wall that required farming mobs for 2 weeks straight. Dropped it and never got the urge to play on release because I heard they never changed it. All the BR screaming during beta was legendary though.

it managed to be a nightmare version of ro
everyone was so hyped,everyone was rooting for this shit and everyone knows what happened next.
this game made everyone lose hope about a RO successor

i'm still salty

>this time the next gook game wont be shit!
It's like coming back to an abusive spouse.

After getting depressed at Tree of Savior's shambling corpse, I actually went back to playing RO on private servers. Aside from ToS having like 5 quests per map, the two games are actually really similar.

If they actually fixed garbage like the optimization issues and didn't fuck up the game with money bullshit it would honestly be a pretty good spiritual successor to RO.

Nickle and dime at every corner. Patchs can ruin entire characters and builds. Need to start a character all over again just to make a minor adjustment to build. Treated like garbage if you don't shell out for their token with real money. Hell, even people that pay are treated like garbage.

These devs are stuck in the early 2000s when people didn't have many options and they could jew as hard as Nexon. If you don't treat players with some level of respect your game won't survive, simple as that.

Their first and biggest mistake was to make it a theme park instead of sticking to RO's nonlinear formula.

>this is the current state of RO

Just fucking kill me and throw the coffin key into the sea
youtube.com/watch?v=SyL4CwCAWlI

All this company does is make failed abortion MMOs using profits from the last failed abortion MMO they slapped together.

They're already working on the next one.

>all of those dev blogposts of them taking intercontinental vacations for "research"
>when the game had been in development hell for nearly a decade

The only reason why it's themepark though is because of how necessary quests are to level up your character unless if you want to grind for ages. If they removed quests or quest EXP and just made mobs give more exp it would have been perfect after they added in the new maps.

Truth, the religion of SK is consumerism/capitalism, they are U.S puppets. Japan and China have had religions like Buddhism, Shinto, Taoism, Confucianism etc.

Dead Koreans best day of my life

Debatable because the monsters are not fun to fight at all. They're all slow retarded pieces of shit except for mage/archer enemies, whose difficulty comes from lmao instant lock on projectile that does 10,000 damage.

Based pinko

Tfw made a bunch of good friends there and soon might stop seeing them because the game is losing 200 players per week.

could be good eventually but what is with those non-grid-based-but-still-a-grid spells

That applies to most RO enemies too though, just that in ToS you can jump around in circles like a retard to avoid damage.

lost ark will be good right

It has 200 players to lose?

>follow the same path as everyone else doing the same boring kill 10 dogs quests a billion times
>multiple visual effects glitches
>multiple gameplay glitches
>most of the game systems are fucking client side, so practically everything in the game is easily hackeable
>huge bot problem
>freemium garbage
>cash shop gambling
>stats are just +1 damage +1 def +1 crit
>horrible fps drops
>game mechanics individually stop working for weeks for apparently no reason

I love the music and artstyle, but unfortunately it turned out unsalvageable

>go here
>kill this
>repeat 10x for xp tickets
>unlock +5 area
>rinse and repeat

>"this game might not be dead"
>checks reddit (ayy)
>posts have 0 or 1 upvote
>checks top posts from all time,the majority are from 7-8 months ago with 400+ upvotes

rip

>the devs never claimed it was a spiritual successor to RO
Except they literally did, multiple times.

>Skills don't work
>Too easy to entirely fuck up your class with no way to fix it
>Even if you don't fuck up your class, it could get nerfed and be totally useless without warning
>Incredibly grindy without being all that enjoyable or mindless to do unless you make a character specifically for it
>Enjoy making characters for specific things, by the way. Want to world boss? Better make a certain class. Want to PvP? Enjoy having massive issues leveling in many cases. Enjoy dungeoning? Enjoy painful grinding depending on the class. etc. etc.
>The game as a whole runs like shit for how simple it is
>GvG doesn't exist outside of the laggy campfest that is the arena shit (literally your respawn point is right on the fucking objective the enemy is supposed to attack, though this may have been fixed now)
>You have to have a token if you want to actually power up your class without waiting 30 minutes to several days for upgrades (which also cost copious amounts of silver)
tl;dr game had potential and was cute, but runs like shit and dicks you at every turn.

>That applies to most RO enemies too though
If it sucked in RO too then why didn't they improve that?

They should have made it a big cutesy Diablo with a loot system that doesn't make you want to kill yourself. That would have been so nice.

retarded devs and p2w killed it

It also has shitloads of bots

Had the best Sup Forums community for such a horrible MMO

No one wants to play a game where everyone is left handed.

Weeabs were starving for something after tera.

>Nexon isn't going to jew the shit out of this game, they said
>IMCGames are better than Nexon, they told me
Feels good seeing a jew gold bait from the beginning and not fall for it while the RO drones do

a lot has been said about how they screwed up the game, but what really hurts is how much better the game was during the closed tests. i still wonder why they gutted all the party content from that time in the full release.

In RO combat is a lot more simple, especially for melee characters. It's basically like Runescape where you click on an enemy, and then your character walks up to the enemy and then both of them start trading blows. Basically dodging attacks in RO was either impossible extremely difficult to do, or not worth the trouble since it would slow you down so much.

While this is worse than how ToS gives you a lot of control over your character, it meant that in RO, trash mobs that only have a basic attack still hit you and still did damage to you making them a threat, and if they had any sort of special attack or skill (Even if very simple) then you'd probably get hit by it and suffer its effects, and then remember that enemy because it did that.

On the other hand, in ToS an enemy that only has a basic attack is extremely easy to dodge and is therefore a joke to fight, and while a lot of ToS enemies had some sort of skill or spell, a lot of the time it was extremely easy to dodge or it was something like a buff that didn't matter since they wouldn't hit you very much anyways, making everything feel boring and samey.

Basically ToS' movement and combat got updated, which is great, but the enemies didn't, and that's why the enemies feel so boring.

it isn't even a theme park, its like a fucking bootleg streetfair because there isnt even anything to do and half the shit is broken

It did not. kys

>change map
>load screen gets stuck at 75%
>game crashes
>this happens daily
I really don't know how I put up with this for so long

fuck you guys, 3jane too

I didn't play the game after the betas, but for some reason it sounds like the game is way more broken after release and the beta was way more stable, how the fuck did they mess it up so badly?

The thing is they barely fixed any of the broken things but just kept adding more and more systems that are also broken

we actually have no idea but it literally got more broken. The thing is that IMC doesnt really fix things, they either just remove it or pretend it didnt happen. I mean every other week the "go back to character log in" button breaks ffs

They fucked up, more or less.

Terribly optimized, fucking over basically everyone in the name of fighting an unwinnable war against gold sellers, terrible class balance, and just a ton of really bizarre fucking decisions.

Jesus Christ, look at that female:male avatar ratio. I don't even have to look at any video to see how this "community" is like.

>not wanting to be a cute boy
yeah they have horrible taste

>Pink hair whores

No it didn't. It was worst than the ff 14 community.

huehuehue