If you have ever wanted to pay $3/minute to talk to game developers on the phone—and who hasn’t...

>If you have ever wanted to pay $3/minute to talk to game developers on the phone—and who hasn’t?—today is your lucky day, thanks to the launch ofCallvention, a wild new website that will no doubt be used by many people.

>Over at Callvention, you can pay varying amounts of money to get some quality phone time with people who worked on games likeHalo 3,Prey, andWing Commander. Different devs have different fees—former Rockstar employeeMatt Durgavich, for example, charges $3.38/minute—and they all appear to have a 15-minute minimum. As founder Bryan Cashman said in an e-mail, “We expect calls to be 15-30 minutes, so a call is about the price of taking someone out to dinner to pick their brain.” (That’d be about $50 every 15 minutes, or $200/hour.)

>You can talk to these developers about whatever you’d like, which seems like a very good idea that definitely won’t be used in a creepy or abusive way.

>It may not surprise you to hear that no women have signed up to participate in Callvention. As one female game developer pointed out when I showed the website to her, many of them have enough stalkers as it is.

Come on Sup Forumsros, you literally have no more excuses as to
why you can't make your dream game anymore.

>As found Bryan Cashman
>Cashman
Holy shit, it fucking writes itself.

>Bryan Cashman

Yeah yeah, lemme talk to Nintendo assholes.

I will if I can talk to Anthony Burch.

We can ask em what's it like to slowly kill off franchises

Cashman making a name for himself, I see? Can't fault a man for living up to his name.

>inb4 get a prepaid card and troll them.

what would u say

I remember the time peter molyneux accidentally tweeted his private number and Sup Forums texted/called him a bunch.

Most of it was nice things and he responded in kind and was pretty chill about the whole thing.

>being able to talk to someone and not feel like shit for once

Noice

Imagine if it was Todd Howard.

1-900-SUCC-DEV

Kek I would love to see this. Sup Forums going full turbo autism shitting on nintendo and raiding there hotline.

If you do, pls record it

Well I hope we can have a nice talk and discuss how much of a masterpiece my games are user. And hopefully by end of the call I can convince to buy even more copies of fallout 4 and skyrim remastered.

I HAVE BALLS OF STEEL

Sex call? More like no sex call, amirite?

>(((Bryan Cashman)))

It's going to be a bunch of literally whos, who worked on games but didn't partake in any relevant part of the decision making.
People who are capable and useful don't have time for this idiocy, less so at those prices.

This

>OH BOY OH BOY HERE WE GO
>"Hey fellow gamer [JOSEPH] I'm [JOHN DOE], creator of [HALO 3] and I'm glad that I can talk to you today! Now what is it you want to ask me?"
>When is Hal-
>"Press 1 for "What inspired me to make this game" or 2 for "Locations where I can find great [HALO 3] products" or 3 for information on [HALO 3]"
>Thank you for this call today [JOSEPH], keep on gaming! Yabba Dabba Do! I love talking to you!

>think about trying to do this at my own job

I don't even HAVE time for the shit I have to do, much less this junk.

>Yabba Dabba Do!

YOU HEARD IT HERE, FOLKS
BUNGIE IS MAKING THE NEXT GRAND DAD GAME

dumb frogposter

Can I fuck your gf in front of you?

>no women

fuck that. they're getting weird fetishy talk anyway. preferably Burch or Tim

>call every day to check I'm not him
>10,000 use in debt
>still worth it when everyday the fag picks up the phone and it ain't me.

>3 dollars a minute
>When you can just as easily shoot them an email and have all your questions answered that way

Wew

>[Crying over phone]
>[Sound of gunshot]

>haha we are totally raiding them at only $200 an hour! they are getting so TROLED lol

>It may not surprise you to hear that no women have signed up to participate in Callvention. As one female game developer pointed out when I showed the website to her, many of them have enough stalkers as it is.

Female game devs could make much higher than $3/minute on Twitch.

No developers time is worth that much.

>call Anthony Burch
>my own phone rings
no

>ask dev a question
>sorry i can't disclose that
>t-thanks bye

but I already passed my cracked versions to my friends Todd, why would i pay for them?

Unless it's a lead designer who I can ask why a certain thing was cut and call a faggot then why the fuck would I care? I don't want to talk to some dude that did QA for 2 hours

this!
If you have questions about game design their are countless communities that would be willing to answer any question and not charge you for it.

If you have questions about an upcoming game from bungie just send them an email or read an existing article where they have already had their ego stroked. It's not like they are going to reveal something important to anyone. This shit is stupid as fuck.

can we call this fuck, say "fuck you" and hang up?

so given the points brought up in the thread, people are agreeing to being trolled for 15 minutes at 3 bucks a minute?

i'd see if i could find some erotic fiction or something and read to them

Now we can finally know what the fuck was really going on with Big Smoke's order.

I would use this to call Randy Pitchford and ask him why he ruined Aliens and Duke Nukem, why he abandoned Brothers in Arms, and why he thought trying to clone Overwatch was a smart plan.

>tfw can't call Jade Raymond and tell her you really wanna play her game

>Ask to talk to the programmer
>"Transferring Your Call"
>"Hello my good friend! How are you doing my friend? You are my buddy yes?"

>pay 50 dollars
>spam cuck jokes over the phone for 15 minutes

sounds like fun

Who wants to call Sean Murray?

I'd be tempted to call the WoW developers and ask them if they even play their own game.

Aren't those scams illegal now?

The only people you're going to be able to talk to are going to be worthless nobodies or dumb indie devs who want to feel like they're important.

>call Sean Murray
>utter silence
>although you can't hear him, the fact that you two met up is truly amazing

>buy skype call credit
>buy 5 dollar visa giftcard
>call some dev and turn on bee movie script reading.
>come back after an hour
>only out like 10 bucks.
It'd be worth as fuck

>kuktaku

cashman literally paid kotaku to write about their new endeavor and generate buzz here

you say that like this website has any influence on anything at all ever except all those exploded vans.

half the posts in here are shills making up the "epic raid potential" this has to get impressionable kids to want to join in on something and make them $$$$$

>like this website has any influence on anything at all ever

how about the US presidency idiot

Struggling not to laugh in public at this

>He calls 1-900's

That had nothing to do with Sup Forums and everything to do with Russian Hackers slipping the stolen emails under the Wikileaks door, as well as the democrats refusal to take the needs of rural Americans serioisly

"This is why we keep our good stuff in Japan and let you Western scum rot."

I'd ask him if his Wii U running because he better run after it