This game fucking sucks. Combat is awful. Couldn't play it for more than an hour

This game fucking sucks. Combat is awful. Couldn't play it for more than an hour

Why did everyone tell me it's a good game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OjDgokYgy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They were sucking Tabata's dick even though he consistently puts out garbage

It is a good game, you just have shit taste :)

The game just aged, anyone who tells you it's good now just has nostalgia goggles

No good game has combat this atrocious.

youtube.com/watch?v=6OjDgokYgy8

It's good.

Honestly it was shit even back when it released.

The music is, if nothing else.

People who say the combat is bad are definitely trolling. It was great. You attack, you attack, switch through tons of different abilities magic, and a cool "randomized" special skill.

You got memed on, sorry.

It was the first game to expand on FF7's story, and the only one to do so in some positive ways. It turned Zack from a faceless side character to a really likable, memorable guy. The gameplay is shit though, no doubt about that.

You're retarded. The combat is genuinely bad.

>can't control who you lock onto
>auto-run when selecting attack while locked onto an enemy from far away
>huge delays when using guard or dash roll
>attacking isn't even satisfying at all

Really magic is the only fun bit so far, and that's a relatively limited resource.

>It was the first game to expand on FF7's story, and the only one to do so in some positive ways.

It did so in a lot of bad ways too, particularly the deviantart OC DONUTSTEELS

No it isn't.

1. So move up to them. I never had a problem casting any magic on an enemy I wanted.

2.So... move up to them? Or roll out you fucking moron.

3. No there isn't.

4. Attacking is as satisfying as pressing attack to watch a tiny scene of your characters doing it.

>Zack dies to two grunts pathetically in the original
>CC has him fight an entire fucking army and then dying to two grunts
It was ridiculous

>move up to them
>still can't control who you lock onto
>still can't disable auto-running

10/10 best game ever

I have literally never had this fucking problem. It never crosses my mind when I'm playing the game that I supposedly need to lock onto a fucking enemy when I need to kill them all. You people are so fucking stupid.

Haven't played it in a good year or so but
>can't control who you lock onto
Could have sworn you could.
>auto-run when selecting attack while locked onto an enemy from far away
I vaguely recall rolling or blocking stops that
>huge delays when using guard or dash roll
Was there materia that solved that? I recall once I started looking into the materia the combat got less cumbersome
>attacking isn't even satisfying at all
True, but see above. If you have the right abilities on you can basically just do 9999 on everything and then start spamming magic while waiting on summons.

The game definitely was lacking substance though.

>hit guard after an attack to block an oncoming attack
>huge delay prevents me from guarding in time even though I held the button way before the attack
>get wrecked

>dodge roll
>try to dodge roll again but can't until after standing still for over a second
>get wrecked

No delay, huh?

What are you guarding? Bullets? Because there is no delay.

You dodge at the moment you press it, it just doesn't go smooth. I have never gotten "wrecked" by any of this. You're making shit up.

I'm not even sure why you're blocking and rolling, I spent most of my battles waiting for an enemy to go into its start up animation before just running around it.

That's because all you do is hammer X to win and Zack just does everything automatically. No strategy or control required.

No, you can't. It auto locks. And it actually fucked me up a bit in one instance where I was constantly locked onto one enemy that wasn't even close to me and I kept running around like a retard before I figured out you can break out of the auto run.

I dunno, I got frustrated to play it for more than an hour or so.

Because it's more fun than just fucking mashing x to win over and over again which is obviously the optimal strategy.

When attacking then you decide to block, Zack continues attacking for a few seconds then blocks,

There is strategies involved, but they aren't as prominent as they are in turn based games. What is with you fucking dumbass nerds? It's always "I need muh strategies". Action RPGs are action for a reason. Instead of thinking about what you're going to do, you're going to do it.

That he does, but you should be dodge rolling out of that situation anyway.

>It was the first game to expand on FF7's story,
no it wasn't

>I enjoy games where I press the same button over and over again with no real thought put into strategy

On that note, I actually enjoyed this game quite a lot. Story was bonkers, but the gameplay was pretty good. Way better than CC at least.

Because sometimes a little strategy in action games can be fun. Even in stuff like Kingdom Hearts, which I don't even like that much, can be fun pulling off/breaking combos and trying to out-maneuver enemies. Crisis Core has none of that. It's the most bog-standard and uninspired attempt at ARPG gameplay I've ever seen. It does nothing new or well. It's simplistic as fuck yet a chore to play. It has absolutely nothing going for it besides flashiness, which apparently is enough to sell millions these days.

I enjoy games with gameplay. Not every genre has a strategy involved. If that's what you exclusively play, then I really feel sorry for you, that you are unable to enjoy video games as a whole.

Crisis Core doesn't play like KH.

Millions of people don't browse Sup Forums.

Crisis core is shallow but that doesn't mean it is bad. It was a great PSP title during the time and I had fun actively playing as Zack, even if you are mostly dodging and attacking, like any Action RPG really. The materia system was grand and there were tons of things to try out. Plus, all of those missions that were a lot harder than the actual game, such as the Tonberry battles, and Mithra for those wanting that extra challenge.

>Millions of people don't browse Sup Forums.
yes they do

Well of course that would be a little ridiculous there's only 7 million people in the world

7 had even worse combat.

>This game fucking sucks
Care to explain what sucks?
>Combat is awful
Apart from the random slotmachine it's good
>Couldn't play it for more than an hour
You can't judge a game after 1 hour

Actually there's 108 billion.

LOL but you just here

I think you mean 108.

>One of the few loved FF game in the last decade
>Sold quite well and was a popular thing back in the days
>One of the best FF stories and MC
>Sup Forums shits on it mainly because of those reasons, but also because they never owned a PSP, tried playing a portable game on a fucking emulator, or nitendrones
*Tips fedora

>implying I give the slightest shit about popularity

I gave the game an honest chance, it sucked balls. I don't care how popular it is among retarded teenage weeaboos.

>Tried it because it was popular
>Don´t care about popularity
Aight
>Hate retarded weeb game for weebs
>Plays a weeb game
Aight
>Sucked balls
>Has sucked balls before
Aight

I mean, you are obviously baiting. There is no reason to play a game one would obvious hate. I dislike golf games, but I don´t go out of my way to play them and shit on them. Try harder next time, 4/10 for effort.

I tried to warn you man.

I liked it but fully understand why some people don't OP. The combat can be an acquired taste.

Best Final Fantasy I have played desu. All FF games have horrible combat, people don´t play FF for combat.

The problem people have with the combat is that they think it is exclusively an ARPG when it's essentially a more typical RPG with action elements like positioning, guarding and dodging. That's also why they hate the limit breaks for "breaking the flow" when really it's just you using whatever super attack you would have. Having some choice in when it comes up would have probably gone a long way though, even if it was just the same as FFVII in that you built the bar by taking damage and could then use it to activate the "Modulating phase" part.

It gets worse late in the game.
It's just Darkness-spam every fucking battle.

I don't know what fucking drug you are on. Crisis Core is easily in the top ten for Final Fantasy. It's literally the definition of a perfect game. Has very nice graphics, fun gameplay, a tear jerking story, and an amazing atmosphere. Fuck you and your invalid opinions.

>all these faggots buttmad that their favorite game is being called out for the garbage that it is

Classic

>Tried it because it was popular
>Hate retarded weeb game for weebs
>Has sucked balls before

I never said any of this. I played it because it was a prequel to FF7. I didn't expect it to be this mindnumbingly retarded.

>fun gameplay,
complete garbage
>a tear jerking story
complete garbage

Except for the ending, which was still pretty retarded but good anyway

>faceless

>Playing FF7
Fucking kill yourself fucking weeb. The only people that played it and wasn´t a weeb were those that got it as gift. 10 out of 10 times they will hate it. Only reason to play a prequel to FF7 is if you liked the weeb trash that is FF7. Fuck off.

Go back to plebbit.

Mah man.

Coming from the underage weeaboo who was sucking Crisis Core's cock that's hilarious.