>>360009158

No, I'm not retarded.

I'd hate to be his parents

No

I'd do it on the side for extra cash.

He fucked up.

Thank God, his dad never lived to see this day.

When everyone else end ups 40 and jobless he will at least have something to fall back on. Also chemical engineering is a complete shit job, especially at entry level. Don't know what the fuck he was thinking.

Fuck, his mom has to deal with this shit? That's even worse

>40 year old """engineer"""
>1 year experience at best

kek, good fucking luck. Even pajeets have more value and experience than faggotbox at that point.

because it makes more money and is more satisfying, I imagine.

I despise hungrybox with a passion but it sounds like you're just irrationally buttdisturbed

Honestly, why do you care? Shouldn't affect you at all.

He's for sure making more money playing video games than engineering. Why wouldn't he?

Sadly the way Engineering jobs work since it's so competitive is unless you have 3+ years of experience if you take a break after you get your degree it will be VERY difficult to land an Engineering job at a firm. Engineering firms if they are hiring new interns or employees only really hire fresh out of school because it's just THAT competitive. Rip his career

I mean he's making 3 figures playing videogames and getting people sucking his dick for it.
Would you just do a soulless draining engineering job, when you can just play games and make dough?

>Makes more money
>there's a chance at not placing anywhere near cash prizes at tournies
>every other source of money is given to him from patreon or from twitch donations

Lucky for him he has a following or else he'd be fucked. I doubt that it makes more money than a salary worker but hell if I know

He's one of the melee gods, so in due time he'll have 3k subs on twitch.
He also has a salary from Liquid, plus tournament placings.
Melee just keeps getting bigger, so I don't blame him.

JUST

Fucked by a guy who plays fox in tournament once a month.

There's more to life than being a wagecuck user.

If he can find a way to sustain his life through something he enjoys doing good for him.

There's also more to life than video games desu.

they deserve it all for giving their son such an unpronounceable name

>not placing anywhere near cash prizes at tourneys

There are literally only 5 other people in the past ~10 years who can beat him on any given day, unless something drastic happens in Melee he'll keep placing top 3. If he can put together a twitch presence like mango there's no doubt he'll be making better money than engineering. Question is for how long.

>I was born to apparently be the pro Jigglypuff player....So f**k it, lets do it

>I was born to pro Jigglypuff

>I was born to Jigglypuff

>born and Jigllypuff in the same sentence
I give him a year before he goes full Narcissa.

>there's a chance at not placing anywhere near cash prizes at tournies
Hashe ever not been top 8?

>If he can put together a twitch presence
He's the least likeable personality in melee though. Only a handful of dick sniffing redditors can stomach his egotism.

he was paid to throw

>sacrificing his life for nintendo
this has to be new kind of low

That's very true but more and more cucks keep giving him money every month.

>stomach his egotism

works well for mango and he's very egotistical. He won't ever do as well as the other gods since mango, and most other smashers, don't like him and puff.

So this is the power of autism

>there a chance
>CHANCE

It isn't always certain what placing they will get each tournament. If you do so much as to just fall back only a little bit, you'll end up like Zero.

>grind through STEM degree
>throw that shit in the trash for videogames
>years later when melee dries up and his reaction time dies off he'll be left jobless with no experience in a field ruled by the young
I sure hope he saves every penny.

If I could and it would be an economically viable alternative I'd do it in a heartbeat.
That said, I currently don't have a job and am still studying. (though the market for business information system graduates is decent)

eSports probably never is a viable alternative though and anything else you are not getting payed to play video games, but to create entertainment for people in whatever form.
I could never be a good streamer or LPer. I am too silent and my casual completionist playstyle does not lend itself to entertainment much.

>engineering
>ruled by the young

didn't he supposedly grope a girl at a party

I get it. He probably started doing the Chem Engi stuff for the money, but really doesn't have a passion for it. I graduated law school a few months ago and will be taking the bar in a few months, but if I had the opportunity to do something I was truly passionate about and make decent money, I'd do it instead.

>When everyone else end ups 40 and jobless he will at least have something to fall back on.
Engineer here.

If you're sitting on your diploma/degree for more than 3 years it's considered worthless by employers. The only exception is if you have a shitton of specialized experience in a relatively stagnant industry/position, but that's really rare at the rate technology is progressing these days.

>Chem eng
>Shit
They make a fuckton of money doing barely anything. If hungyfag couldn't even grind it out for a few years, he wasn't going to cut it anyways.

Even if he's making less money, which he probably isn't, I'm happy he's doing what he loves. If I could be payed to play vidya I would.

To the 18 year olds who haven't fallen for the college meme yet: Find what you love and do it. Following money when you're not happy or passionate about how you do it is a good way to be miserable.

This. Exactly why can't he keep his current job and just play vidya as a side gig?

Zero has been getting back to form actually.

His mom actually supports him constantly.
Source: His group on facebook.

No Im pretty happy with keeping video games as a hobby for the foreseeable future.

Also who the fuck just sits on an engineering degree? It wont be worth the paper its printed on if he doesnt use it

Hbox's mom actually replies to some of his twitter stuff. She congratulated him after he got 2nd at Dreamhack.

Of course you can never completely tell what she thinks considering well adjusted people won't spaz out over social media.

>Engineering is ruled by the young

Not this decade or any decade before it. Hopefully in the next century when every kid on the planet hops on the STEM train.

>It wont be worth the paper its printed on if he doesnt use it
Maybe he's stupid like the kids in this thread who think it's 'something you can fall back on'.

>i've never had a job in my life

jobs are literally the worst thing in existence. it's always better to make a living doing something you like.

In this day and age people are blurring the lines between hobby and occupation. Some people have made a lifestyle off vidya, but I don't think it will last (at this rate I could be proven wrong though). Still I believe that if you do your hobbies as your job, it slowly starts feeling more like your job and less like your hobby.
>See Game Grumps

Could you imagine making a career out of playing a 15 year old party game professionally? Most wouldn't, and for good reason: It's abso-fucking-lutely stupid on every fucking goddamn level and I hope all of those stupid fuckers realize at some point that their entire lives are just going to crumble into nothing.

Ride the high while you can.

>implying this is not living life correctly

He should play games while he still has the talent for it. All professional sports players, esports included, have a much more limited career timeframe. Knowledge and the ability to learn doesn't drop that much with age. He can always go back to school for refresher courses or retraining if he feels like going back to engineering at some point.

Wow the guys in this thread are retarded. Do you know how rare it is to be the best at something? And his tournament winnings are over 130k, plus he can easily get back into the field because of rec letters from his former job as well as the high demand for engineering.

this
>make money with a "real job"
>or make the same amount of money, possibly more, sitting around and playing video games
gee i wonder why people do this

It'll only 100% crumble if they plan on surviving just from video games, which no one ever really does. Fighting games don't pay out enough to rely on just that, you'd have to get into League, Overwatch or some type of shooter for that.

FGC requires you to do something on the side like streaming or youtube for the extra income. Youtube is probably the most sustainable of the three honestly, when it comes to making youtube videos there's really no difference between being 20 or 50.

>plus he can easily get back into the field because of rec letters from his former job as well as the high demand for engineering.

Hbox's boss was actually pretty supportive of his Smash career, which is pretty surpising. I'd kill to have a boss that would engage in some top tier banter after seeing me get bodied at a national.

>you will never make a living by playing smash
As a competitive fag I'm jealous, but yeah, I do agree it was pretty stupid of him to do that, especially since his bosses seemed kinda supportive about his hobby.

I think that can happen, but if he's been making money off tourneys for this long it's been his job and he still seems pretty happy about it.

maybe, but those tourneys and Smash stuff could be an escape to him.
Think about this- when you're having a bad day, or are in a spot you don't want to be in, you want to find your happy place, right? Well Smash could be that happy place for him. If he overdoes it to the point he no longer enjoys it, what's left for him?

>plus he can easily get back into the field because of rec letters from his former job as well as the high demand for engineering.
See

Damm are you me in the future?

I'm the guy you responded too, I'm an electrical engineer and it's scary how low the standards are, my friend from college finished in 7 years with a 2.4 GPA and still got hired. Hbox is probably a really intelligent guy and it will be easy for him to get back into the field especially with experience. Note the other guy said sit on degree/diploma but hbox has experience.

I guess it depends on the country; standards may be lower where you live.

I know about a dozen classmates who decided to take 1-2 year vacations and by the end, no one would hire them. They would bend over backwards for college-teir jobs just to get hired.

>Note the other guy said sit on degree/diploma but hbox has experience.
Less than one year of experience doesn't amount to anything - that's no different from an entry level newbie.

>thinking anyone will pick an old man with no experience over a fresh graduate

>everybody acting like its the end of the world for him

im guessing Chemical Engineering is a pretty hard to do that no random Jaun or Lopez can take

If streaming doesnt work out he can always just go back and re apply or w/e

Because you fell for the meme. If your career is flooding with positions then they don't give a shit about what your GPA is.

Stuff like that only matters if you're getting into a competitive career with few positions.

"passion" is horseshit. as bad as telling everybody to go to college, just the opposite end of the spectrum.