Well, Sup Forums, is the PS4 pro worth the extra dosh...

Well, Sup Forums, is the PS4 pro worth the extra dosh? I've been thinking about trading in a few things i don't really play anymore and picking up a sony console, i like the variety of games that it offers, and i would still have a 3ds and an xbone as well

any sony bros want to weigh in?

bump?

what does pro offer? i also am thinking about getting

well here's the tech spec comparison

It's fucking nothing
Wait until something better

like?

Who knows, just something better
If your gonna be spending 400 every three years now you might as well wait for something that is an actual legitimate improvement and not a half assed .5 addition

d'you really think the'll put out another 1up version of the consoles? most consoles only ever get one midlife improvement. like the slim 360 and the slim ps3, black wiiu, etc.

might get then, i stream so it would be nice for the viewers, other than that....

right now id say i dont think the pro is necessary to grab. from what i heard some games actually run worse on the pro compared to the original ps4. i think the extremely limited selection that runs better on the pro also runs fine on the original.

on cyber monday i picked up the slim uncharted bundle and everything feels great to me. my advice is if you are leaning towards the pro is to wait for more games to come out that actually significantly benefit from the pros specs. if you cant wait and really wanna play i think you should just go with an original or slim model.

Yes they most likely will considering even microsoft is coming out with another one that's going to actually be 6 teraflops

Sony has to compete with it somehow so they'll release yet another console and then this cycle will continue

Solid advice. I bought the Uncharted bundle a couple months ago and i'm having a great time

Lol theres literal ni difference or reason to buy

Just a way for sony to get mo moneys

I don't normally accuse people of shilling, but it's crazy how much this reads like marketing.

Yes! The PlayStation®4 PRO by Sony™ is the best purchase I have ever made! With amazing exclusives such as Bloodborne™ and Uncharted 4™ you can make incredible use of the pure power of the Sony™ PlayStation®4 PRO!

I'm so mad I missed Amazon's $212 Slim deal on Cyber Monday. I heard they're going to make them $250 again now for the two weeks before Christmas so I'll probably get it then but fuck, that $212 slipped right out of my fingers.

I have a 4k TV and I believe its worth the extra money. However, if I only had a 1080p TV, I'd wait before buying one. It's debatable what advantages the pro offers 1080p content. Some people say it makes the games looks slightly better. I know Tomb Raider has a setting for the ps4 pro that unlocks some high frame count on a 1080p TV.

Okay

was it just the regular bundle? Amazon has it for $250 with a year of psn right now

literally the same thing

Like anyone gives 2 shits about 4k streaming atm..By the time anyone does, the ps4 pro will be old news.

If you hear Sony and immediately think Jews then that should tell you everything you need to know about the industry

No. Wait 1.5-2 years for the next iteration to hit the market and see how the public and gaming industry reacts. This thing has already been labeled as useless unless you've never had a ps4.

That's a really nice bargain but I wasn't going to get PS+ in the first place.

And yeah, it was just the Uncharted 4 Bundle.

Dont be. I just sold mine because of how shitty it is.

Bloodborne is cool but not worth getting a system for, and the chromatic aberration is fucking eye cancer and in general it isnt as good as DS3

FFXV isnt finished, might as well wait for a full release on the scorpio/pc/switch

and thats all the system fucking has. Maybe Ratchet and Clank is good too but I havent played it.

Thank fuck there was 12month 0 interest on it

Also it's $270, not $250

Me being accused as a shill makes me think of jews, nigger

Depends on Nioh and Gravity Rush 2. Nioh is shooting for 60 at 1080p, no idea about Gravity Rush.

>got the Slim bundle for 200 and sold UC4 for 60
140 bucks for a PS4 is a pretty good deal I'd say

Gamestop is supposedly having a Christmas sale -$50.00 off starting next Sunday for the PS4 Slim Uncharted Bundle version (at least at my location).

Meaning a shiny new PS4 will cost you $250.00 + Uncharted 4.

Source: Talked to the Gamestop guy at my local place today.

What chump would buy UC4 from you for 60 dollars?

well that might just work out well for me then
I've got some stuff to trade in and it comes out to around 275ish

A lot of retailers are doing the $50 price drop again for the Christmas season, not just Gamestop.

It's a second chance for everyone that missed Black Friday.

Yes! Wait 20 years because those consoles will utterly destroy the garbage that's being sold today! Why waste your money now when something in the future is going to be better?

Does the digital out for the pro mean you can plug it straight into a monitor instead of a television?