DOOM's new patch removes Denuvo

>DOOM's new patch removes Denuvo

Denuvo shills on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They removed it because the last update is adding mod support.

>more and more companies removing denuvo after they realize the cost of it really doesn't make up for the "increased sales" they were led to believe

Denuvo exists to stop piracy during the initial launch and cool off period. The game is 10 months old now, it doesn't need Denuvo any more.

It's more like licensing. I doubt Denuvo sells licenses per lifetime. DOOM's license probably expired and Bethesda said NO to renewing.

Doesn't Beth want their own game distribution platform

No, you only need to pay once.
Devs who remove it do it willingly

maybe denuvo allows companies to refund if their game gets cracked in like a year or less. hopefully that kills denuvo

if zenibeth was smart they would put doom on sale again today, even for 30% off it would sell

Thanks for beta testing buyfags!

Bethesda.net is for mods

the grace period is (allegedly) three months. if your game gets cracked you can claim a refund from them. (again, allegedly)

>mfw I bought DOOM
>at full price

I hope fucking not
One unified DRM (steam) is enough, I refuse to use anything else out of principle (uplay, origin, etc)
Not even a valvedrone, I just chose the lesser worst since it has the most games

they removed it because it was already cracked and easy to pirate dumbfag

for console mods, yes. that's what the .net website is for.

at least the game was kinda fun

Having the most games isn't exactly a good thing when the storefront is an ocean of shit

For the record I only use Steam too, just sayingg

well you learned your lesson, games go on 33% / 50% discounts after one month these days

mod support?

fuck yes

Rude. Being upset won't refund your purchase.

user is right. Denuvo has refund policy which guarantee money back if game get cracked before certain time after release. There is condition to the refund and that is removing denuvo.

None of the devs removign denuvo after it was cracked deserve any respect. Still it feels good to know that CPY is killing denuvo with these refund game by game.

Why does it say DXMD on the top screenshot if you post is about DOOM?

it has been cracked since september, outoftouchfag

[citation needed]

First screenshot is just about a game having Denuvo, second screenshot is about Doom's new patch

DXMD is DOOM in Spanish

>None of the devs removign denuvo after it was cracked deserve any respect.
If someone sells you a rotten apple, you getting your money back is something completely normal.

Lesser evil isn't something you should use as justification. It makes you only ever so slightly better than the actual problem, but an annoying cunt that thinks he's doing something good because at least he's not the other guy.

neat, still aint buying it until definitive game of the yadda collection complete edition comes out

any compsci guy here who could explain me whats going on in the picture? im interested
is this some reverse engineering thing for the serial or something like that

september? do you mean the pay 5 dollars to some russian kind of crack? because it aint piracy if it aint free its just stupidity

>mfw i bought DOOM for half price
single was worth every penny

its just a scriptkiddie program that analyzes a game .exe to detect what drm it uses

This
Every Denuvo game I've seen has sold considerably less than it's non-Denuvo predecessor or counterpart.

will you stop using variations of that image its NOT FUNNY its fucking annoying the face that guy makesb makes me want to FUCKING PUNCH HIM

its a program that scans .exe for antitamper/piracy
first screenshot: random game with steam and denuvo as drm
second screenshot: doom's new patch with only steam (aka no denuvo found)

it appears to just be a DRM-detecting software printing out that denuvo has disappeared and been replaced with steam's own (weaker) copy protection

Yes, but thats not worth any respect. What would be respectable is if they actually realized that this apple is fucking everybody over and it just waste of money that should have gone to making your game better. Which these people didnt.

Sup Forums is not a place for those who are easily triggered such as yourself

kys

>doom removing denuvo
I might buy it again

If this patch happens before Christmas sale I might pick it up, anyone else planning on doing the same? I saw it on sale for like $30 during the last sale, is that actually a fair price?

I think he meant that refunding a rotten apple isn't something worth of respect.

I don't think they're demanding it

>If this patch happens before Christmas sale

it already happened

Sup Forums is not a place for underage newshits to post stupid bullshit. Get the fuck out.

There is no need to be angry, user

Are you telling me I will finally be able to buy Doom without infesting my computer with a literal trojan?

He posted good though.

Why don't good games use Denuvo? Seriously, look at the fucking list. It's almost exclusively shitty sequels

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Battlefield: Hardline
Batman: Arkham Knight
Star Wars Battlefront
Just Cause 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Far Cry Primal
Hitman
Need for Speed
Homefront: The Revolution
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Watch Dogs 2

I'm omitting plenty that I haven't even heard about because they're so off the radar. There's not nearly as much Dishonored 2 discussion as there was for the first one.

Good, maybe I will buy it then.

>Why don't good games use Denuvo?
Inside used Denuvo (past tense)

because good games don't need denuvo
good games will sell enough regardless of pirates but its easier to blame someone else for making a shit game

are you sure they didnt remove it so they could port the game to linux? as far as i know the people who make dunevo HATE linux

>Hitman
Jesus christ, first they have Online Only shit and now Denuvo also? What the fuck is wrong with IO.

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the news this week. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Denuvo cracked? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Denuvo to be perfect and fix this broken hobby. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought it was uncrackable???? This is so fucked.

>Batman
>Hitman
>Watch Dogs
>Homefront
>bad

2 out of those is considered bad because "muh performance" which was fixed in Batman and also irrelevant to denuvo

WD2 is literally contrarians memeposting
it is good

>hahaha fucking shill XDXD

(you)

based fucking ID

even if that's true who cares

The only game I'm even remotely interested in that has denuvo is planet coaster, and I can keep playing RCT until they get rid of that shit.

If every game removed Denuvo after their oh so precious initial sales period, I wouldn't mind it so much.

>Inside
>good

Don't Throw him those sweet pachas. He's reverse psychologying you.

well it would be a good thing the more things a game is ported to the better and this also opens the way for eventual engine opensource

>Why don't good games have a scapegoat for why the prior games underperformed
Gee user I don't know.

I think it's telling that the only good game there is Hitman, and the prior game in that series was fucking awful.
Squeenix.
>and also irrelevant to denuvo
For a significant period of time every game released with denuvo had awful performance. In fact, every game released with the 'uncrackable' denuvo tech had a performance issue until doom came out.
They're not unrelated.

I really hope Doom's sales will skyrocket now so Denuvo will be btfo'd forever with concrete evidence

Warhammer TW and Dishonored are the two games I'm interested in

Yes. You can play it now since it's pirateable.

>denuvo causes bad performance

how to spot a retard

DICE games always had great optimization, Denuvo didnt changed that.
Far Cry Primal runs just like FC4 which doesnt have denuvo
DAI had no performance problems either
Unravel
Mad Max
MGSV
Titanfall 2
For Honor
but you are a fucking idiot if you think denuvo degrades performance and its not the dev who fucked up

Arkham Asylum and City was ported to PC by the devs themselfes
Knight's port was done by some outside literallywho studio

Inside sales already increased when they removed Denuvo.

This. That OST with all the slaughter was awesome as fuck.

>I just chose the lesser worst since it has the most games

Fun fact, almost 40% of all titles on Steam were uploaded this year.
Valve have basically said "fuck you" to any kind of quality control on their storefront and now it's just awash with shovelware.
Steam is a good thing in principle, but using the service lately is like trying to pan for gold in a septic tank.

>Why don't good games use Denuvo?
I am not a fan of almost any of the games using Denuvo.
But that still doesn't stop me from crying myself to sleep every night that The Fractured But Whole will be infested with both Uplay and Denuvo.
I just want to buy and play my favourite games on my PC without it infesting my system with literal cancer. Is that too much to ask?

Why the fuck do the publishers look down on the PC audience so damn much? Is it really too much to ask to not be constantly monitored just in case you just so happen to be a filthy criminal?
Could they please stop considering me a potential threat first, and legitimate consumer second?

Fuck everything. The Stick of Truth was my GotY, I just want to play the sequel without it fucking over my system.

honestly this doesn't bother me at all because I rarely open the store page and even when I do I just grab the game I want and buy it

A dumb consumer is a good consumer.
Do the math.

I liked Absolution..
I also got it for free though

>open steam
>get greeted by page begging for my phone number
>close it
>check store page
>MineWarz: Minecraft with gunz!
>Lara Croft GO!
>Open world zombie survival #504601305470058
>get a notification
>received a trading card
>try to put it up for sale
>forced to enter my phone number or the listing won't go up for 2 weeks from now when prices have shifted and nobody will want my card
>open friends lists
>no friends :(

Huh. I am not sure I believe it, but that could save the game. And it's not like they have any reason to not make it moddable anymore. (Though so that they could include fuckware that fucks legit customers was never a good reason.)

But most sales on PC happen on sales.

I just want to post them

>Plants versus fucking Zombies needing Denuvo
I don't think these idiots understand the sort of people who usually pirate games

I wonder how much Denuvo costs

probably not only a flat fee but a percentage of sales

its a flat fee. split into

games that sell under 100k
games that sell between 100k and 500k
games that sell 500k+

this. i'd rather pay full price than even $1 to a russian, to fuck with your PC via teamviwer. no fucking thanks, i can shit up my system for free.

Cool. Guess I'll have to buy it then.

>I want Valve to have monopoly so they can fuck me in the ass

Fuck off Valvedrone only retards want a single platform

you realize you can't win this do you? just a friendly warning.

>I want to install tens of different DRMs for each publisher just to fuck with my PC
good for you

steam's """protection""" is a joke. just replace any steam_api.dll with a generic cracked steam_api.dll and the game will probably work nonsteam/copied.

Hey man. I dislike Steam as much as the next guy. But that's exactly why I don't want to install dozens of more services just like it.

It got cracked so it's no longer needed.

>[CompilerDetect] -> Borland Delphi

?

And those still happen without DRM.
Sales buys are more convenient than pirating it.

There are different models of payment, not just one.

Delphi is a dialect of the Pascal language. It got pretty popular in the (IIRC) early 00s for easy application development, since it was derived from a language that was made to be easier, and it had a visual window editor as a part of its IDE.

I'm wondering why the program in the OP detected it. It's totally not a language to be used in games (I doubt its D3D/OpenGL libraries were up-to-date for years) and it's not even owned by Borland anymore - they sold it in 2008 or so. Although I only just noticed it says "20% compatibility", so it's probably a mistake.

tl;dr - For some reason the app says that Deus Ex uses in whatever way a language that's rarely used anymore and wasn't made with performance in mind anyway. But it says that there's only 20% probability for that, so it's probably just a funny mistake.

Homefront was an extremely generous 5/10 game even without the horrible performance

But Hitman is good. The only real complaint is always online DRM.

>Release a game with Denuvo to stop early day, early week, early month etc. pirates
>Later remove it because nobody gives a shit anymore

I don't see why more devs don't do this.

Because they want the free word of mouth marketing pirates do.