Just got a new gaming laptop. What games should I get? It has a GTX 1060

Just got a new gaming laptop. What games should I get? It has a GTX 1060.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/5972397/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just got a new car. Where should i drive to? It has 140 HP

>gaming laptop

Thank you, my friend, but I've played most of these on consoles. Nonetheless, I appreciate your suggestions.

strawpoll.me/5972397/

How is this possible? At least you don't have 30 fps on an overly expensive laptop.

good choice at getting the razer blade late 2016 model.

at everyone whos ripping on gaming laptops. They are actually finally decent machines considering they have full desktop class GPU's in them now. The excess price you pay is pretty much for the portability factor now.

>Console - $300 - has an expiration date, can never be upgraded
>"gaming" laptop - $1500 - has an expiration date, can never be upgraded, stuck with one tiny screen forever, gaming damages it by nature

I don't use a laptop or a console myself, but you can definitely plug your laptop up to however larger screen you want obviously with a cable.

Yeah, hardware seems to be decent but with razer I definitely paid a premium for the design and feel. I could've gotten another laptop with similar specs for much cheaper, but most gaming laptops look trashy as hell. As long as I cover up the razer logo on the back, I don't have to feel embarrassed about bringing this thing out in public, unlike with any alienware or most MSI laptops.
I'm going to be moving around a lot soon, so bringing my desktop with me everywhere isn't a good solution. Its true that most laptops can't be upgraded, but that's only an issue if you value price/performance over all else.

what about the gay pride keyboard? Or was that intentional?

Actually since it has a thunderbolt 3 port you could just buy a new GPU and plug it in for better performance.
You could make a nice desktop setup where all you do is plug in your laptop and you'll be fine for years.

That's a stock picture, but if you must know I have mine set on a static pink.

just throw a skin over it. I think d brand make them for the blade? Should be easy enough to cover up. IMO its the only laptop that competes with the MBP in terms of design atm.

>Actually since it has a thunderbolt 3 port you could just buy a new GPU and plug it in for better performance.
wat

It basically IS a MBP in terms of design, only it runs windows and has non-shit hardware inside. I heard about d-brand skins from tech reviewers shilling them all the time but I'm not sure I want to cover the entire thing up.
You can buy an external enclosure for a GPU that works with the blade and blade stealth. Quite a few laptops have this feature these days.

>Just got a new car. Where should i drive to? It has 140 HP
Start with Disneyland.

nah those eGPU's are a waste.

>500 for the enclosure
>500 for the gpu it self

by the time you get all the bits and pieces you may as well of built a desktop instead. Better to get a laptop with the desktop class gpu in it.

I'm a bit mixed on it as an upgrade solution as well. You lose about 10% of the performance compared to running it on a desktop apparently, but it still works pretty well. I don't plan on getting one, I'm just going to upgrade my desktop in addition to having a nice laptop.

Post was erroneous. But it still seems absolutely asinine when you could've just built even a mini tower rather than lugging around a laptop and an enclosure with a graphics card in it.

Yeah. Laptop is all about convenience but once you start plugging things into it you kinda start losing the plot.

>Yeah. Laptop is all about convenience but once you start plugging things into it you kinda start losing the plot.
My laptop sits on the desk having PSU, HDMI and USB plugged in all the time. It's still a lot smaller than a fucking outdated ATX desktop.

>want to buy new gaymen laptop
>all have windows 10 in it

>i move around a lot

this is how you know people are full of shit.

you just want to play league during class dont you, you little stupid cuck?

>being so stupid that you dont know how to reformat a computer

a laptop would do you no good. Get something like a leapfrog first, kid.

No, I travel and want to play games on downtime.

It's only a matter of time until there's a cheap 3rd party enclosure.

it will only get cheaper, especially when there is Zero demand for it as of now.

You know it fucking amazes me how often people on here tavel. Every single time we have a gaymen lapturd thread 50 people every thread suddenly have jobs where they only live in hotels, go on vacations every other week, etc. How many of you are lying and just too lazy to build a desktop so you're just lying to try and make yourself sound not as retarded as you actually are?

Every time you run a game on laptop, you lower its life span. It's the nature of the beast. Laptops were never meant for this sort of processing speed.

>nah those eGPU's are a waste.
>500 for the enclosure
>500 for the gpu it self
You will get used to those prices, just like High End Audio faggots.
Cheap PC gaming will never return.

>just too lazy to build a desktop
Desktops are OUTDATED.
>Every time you run a game on laptop, you lower its life span.
That's the point of a computer: lowering its lifespan by using it. Otherwise you could save the money and not buy it in the first place.

Going to buy the same laptop sometime next week, how's it running?

Get the dolphin emulator & run through the gamecube library

I'm playing through Killer is dead at the moment, it's pretty fun but you'll need a gamepad

this.

i havent traveled in maybe 10+ years.

Runs great but is extremely loud and warm, using headphones would be a good idea.

A gaming laptop, at least a console only costs a few hundred dollars. A gaming laptop cannot be upgraded and if you want one that isn't plastic garbage like the Razer Blade, you're paying $2000.

>Actually since it has a thunderbolt 3 port you could just buy a new GPU and plug it in for better performance.
Yeah, and be stuck with the equivalent of PCIe 4x

This pretty much, I bought a laptop years ago that was able to play games and the GPU ended up dying after a few years.

Wait, why can't I have both a good desktop and laptop at the same time?

They aren't graphically demanding but I suggest Syberia I and II, along with The Longest Journey.

>Yeah, and be stuck with the equivalent of PCIe 4x
Which is the equivalent of PCIe 2.0 x8 or PCIe 1.0 x16

Malibal makes nice Clevo-based systems. Just be wary that their customer support is nothing to write home about and typically are rather short or rude. They do honor their promise to replace or repair faulty shit though.

>Which is the equivalent of PCIe 2.0 x8 or PCIe 1.0 x16
You say that like it's a good thing, the first PCIe 1.0 video cards came out 12 years ago.

The bandwidth simply isn't needed for gaming.

1060M is actually worse than Intel graphics
Good job, OP.

Also you don't void any warranties by opening it up and doing service on it. Which is good cause you'll want to eventually change thermal paste and dust in there. They are also upgradable. Mine isn't though - not officially - as Clevo stopped supporting the mobo architecture or something.

If you're going to spend $2000 on a Razer blade and then spend the $800+ necessary to get a Thunderbolt 3 enclosure and video card, why the fuck would you not just buy a desktop? You could put a Titan X in a $2800 desktop.

So that's why you are so miserable.

>140 HP
Start by putting some point in DEF you shitlord 140 HP can withstand like 2 attacks

1060m doesn't exist. There are no m versions of 10 series gpu.

Why not just take the gpu from desktop and put it in the enclosure when needed?

They don't call it the 1060M but it's still a mobile GPU and performs worse due to lower sustained boost clocks. Plus, most GTX 1060s come factory overclocked now.

That's not to say it's bad, it's still way better than previous gen mobile GPUs were when compared to their desktop counterparts. It's just not 100% identical in performance.

because you're then spending even more money than if you'd just built a desktop, for a CPU that is only 60% as fast as a 6700K.

>If you're going to spend $2000 on a Razer blade and then spend the $800+ necessary to get a Thunderbolt 3 enclosure and video card, why the fuck would you not just buy a desktop?
I won't, I'm fine with my PS4 Pro.
I will never ever waste money on an outdated desktop computer again in my life.

It's a little bit worse but not by much. Obviously the desktop version will be better since you can't fit that huge thing inside a laptop.

But what if I already have a desktop

>I won't, I'm fine with my PS4 Pro.
I'm fine with my regular PS4, if the PS4 Pro actually ran games better I'd buy it but it doesn't.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's shit or anything. It's actually pretty impressive how close they are, but what you pay for a Razer Blade you could get a much much better desktop. I have a 1070 and even it's not good enough to max everything so I'd be pretty pissed if I spent $2000 on a gaming computer that is even worse.

Also I'm not a fan of Windows laptops, touchpads are usually shit (although Razer's are supposed to be pretty decent)

>all have windows 10 in it
So? Isn't that only an issue to cheese pizza fans?

Then buy a proper laptop that gets more than 5 hours of battery life. Gaming on a gaming laptop when you actually use it on your lap is extremely uncomfortable.

It is incompatible with proper PC games (except shitty 8th gen console ports).

I had an alienware m11x back in the day and it never got hot even when trying to run ARMA II.

>$1500

is that how much that laptop costs in OPs pic?

Because most $800-$1000 laptops will run just about any game just fine.

Just remove Windows 10 and install 8.1 or something.

Yeah, I have a $600 laptop that has a 950M. Not the greatest, but it runs and emulates all the games I play quite well.

$1700 and up, mine was $2000, you can get much cheaper laptops with the same specs but at the cost of build quality and looks.

Get a Vive and make a backpack rig.

>at the cost of build quality
yikes. my gaming laptop had a permanent hinge issue where it would break on its own. not even the revisions saved it. i sent it into dell 3 times before I said fuck it and sold it.

Is vive worth it without room scale?

no but even with the room scaling its wasted money.

>always have a dream of making an AR game incorporating real-life locations and virtual interactions
>this is becoming more plausible by the day
fuck I'm gonna have to start real soon.

Yep, I'd rather not deal with stuff like that. My laptop may have been overpriced but there is absolutely zero keyboard flex, the thing is solid as a rock. It really is like a MacBook Pro on the physical side.

$2000? jesus.

>laptop with a gtx 1060

Holy shit, it'll burst into flames when you'll play Windows solitaire.

Is it Razer? I've heard good things about it but battery life still isn't where it should be.

I have a 2015 15" rMBP so most laptops will feel like a downgrade in terms of build quality. My gayman is done on my 6700K + 1070 desktop and PS4 and Xbone.

>Bought a 980 Ti last year
>Played Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Hitman with it
>Now only use it to play Overwatch

Help. What else can I play which has massive system requirements?

Yeah, its pic related in the OP. I don't plan on doing much gaming while unplugged so I'm fine with the battery life.

>I don't plan on doing much gaming while unplugged so I'm fine with the battery life.
It's definitely functional but in an era where many laptops get 9+ hours of battery life when not gaming, 5 just doesn't sound good. I'm sure Razer will get there eventually. When I replace my current MBP I'll check out what Razer is doing because I'm not buying another Apple laptop ever again now that they've removed every port.

>i travel a lot but i bought a laptop to play videogames while plugged into the wall
>im not retarded i swear. i could build a desktop but id rather buy a """"""gaming"""""" laptop. definitley not overpriced and underpowered or anything :^)

You sure? Even if it's not fun?

Does the concept really seem so foreign to you? My desktop is huge. I can't take it with me.

Hit me

I'm sure you're going to say that new Homefront game though

Battlefield 1 maybe