Windows 7

Is this still the best viable OS for gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_fallacy
pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

>compability
yes
>performance
no

Probably not. Windows 10 store getting a big push. Future, not really, for older games yes.

I use it, haven't found reason to switch yet.

>only OS that runs Vitamin Quest and Supreme Commander

yes

Yes, and it will be forever because W10 has nothing going for it

Plus M$ are going to discontinue W10 for W11 anyway, it flopped too hard for them to recover

Jesus christ...

Do you think you're not being watched on Windows 7 too or something?

Windows 10 is best for gaming. Anyone who says otherwise is a paranoid dipshit with a false sense of self importance.

>Do you think you're not being watched on Windows 7 too or something?
I know for a fact im not because
1. I stopped updates years ago
2. I can watch my own internet and see W7 isnt transmitting

That cant be said for W10. Period.

But thats beside the point anyway, W10 is Vista tier trash.

t. win10 minecraft app player

>Windows 10 is best for gaming.
>No performance increase
>Worse internet speeds
Its objectively not. My ping has gone from 100ms to about 150 - 300ms because of W10.

Yeah, ok buddy, you're not being watched. Of course not. You stopped the updates. Naivety.

My ping and performance has improved so what now?

I am debating going W10 with the computer I am going to build soon. I don't want to, but Microsoft is deliberately making the W7 update extremely slow, forcing you to use tools outside of windows update whenever you make a fresh install. That's just the beginning, I have no idea what kind of shit they are going to pull in the future.

>1. I stopped updates years ago
>2. I can watch my own internet and see W7 isnt transmitting

How naive, do you even watch Snowden documentary?

You can try and act smart all you want but you're just proving you're an idiot.

You can watch your own computer and see what its doing. There are methods to stop spying on W7 because it wasn't built for it from the ground up like W10, if you haven't even turned on updates for a couple of years it wont even be spying in the first place. You cant stop Microsoft from spying with W10, its literally impossible and every single attempt has failed.

But again, thats beside the point. W10 is literally one of the worst OS of all time, terrible support, horrid backwards compatibility, cant play a lot of older games, no performance increase and worse internet speeds.

But sure user, im being naive for wanting to use an OS that works over one that doesnt. Sure.

There's a guide to quickly updating Win7. You manually install like 3 updates and it will find the rest, and there's a website that compiles all the updates that you should hide/uninstall as well as a batch file to manually uninstall them.

There is still no reason to go Win10. I just built a 6570K/GTX1080 PC a couple months ago and am still on Win7 because it's the peak for gaming. Hopefully Microsoft rewinds their changes on spying for Win11 but I wouldn't hold out hope.

(.05 has been deposited into your account)

Link?

Considering the majority of people are said its worse not better I think you're this idiot Samefagging and lying

Fuck off M$ shill

I don't even used windows

Enjoy your NSA.

Yes, that's what I meant with tools outside of windows update.

Why would you cover the camera and mic on a Mac though

nope windows 8.1 is now that games are better optimize to work on windows 8.1. also better the os is better optimize for ssd then windows 7.

The real world will slap you in the face one day. Enjoy your time in your little safe space where you think you're smarter than the utterly gigantic and controlling company that created the OS you're using. You totally have them beaten, well done.

techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
All you do is google the updates and manually install them directly from Microsoft.com
I mean technically you're right but if you're too big of a retard to do that you really should just use 10.

You are the one lying, user.

Read Snowden wikileaks.

>Appeal to authority fallacy

I actually used that method once or twice already, didn't mean to come off as lazy/too dumb to use it. It still sucks though.

I rolled back specifically so I could play older games and use most of my software without constant crashing/bugs. Windows 10 has maybe a handful of actual improvements and a fuckton of stupid changes that make my life miserable.

Give me ONE (1) reason that they shouldn't make a Windows 7 Remastered.

>ad hominem attack
>ignores the post I replied to that attacked me
>"Appeal to authority fallacy"

cute

Also, I forgot to mention, sometime in the last two months or so Microsoft started released "update packs" for Windows 7 to make updating more like Windows 10, where you can't pick and choose single updates a la carte.

I have personally avoided installing any of them, and they would be worth being skeptical over before installing; you can tell which they are by their date and description in Windows Update.
Didn't mean to come off as abrasive, Microsoft's shit just really pisses me off.

Considering this is the top thread atm just thought I'd post in here.

Been trying to reinstall Chessmaster9000 for the last half hour on Win10 but the bastard OS doesn't have SecuROM so the game thinks it's pirated. I'm basically fucked unless someone here can suggest a workaround.

So yes Windows 7 is still probably the best OS for gaming, until Microsoft stops supporting new versions of DirectX on it.

>People still thinks any version of windows is safe
>Or any proprietary OS at all.

How you can be so retarded after the 2013 shitstorm?

Mother fucking kill yourself.

>no u

Reverted several pcs from 10 to 7 just for gaming.

yes.

>W10 store
biggest fucking joke of the century.
Thank fucking god for Vulkan.

You get it. Thank you

There's no reason to use 8 or 10.
Unless you're one of those losers that thing the shitbox has good exclusives.

they are working on xp remastered first

>he can't get vitamin quest running on windows 10
You're not even trying m8

>>ignores the post I replied to that attacked me

He actually has an argument, not just personal attacks like you. It's cute that you don't know what ad hominem is though. Protip

And there posts a defeated man. Stay buttmad.

Win 7 has very efficient tools, unlike the cancer that is 10.

What was the first sentence of that post? Do tell.

Yes, until some companies decide to drop support for it in favor of malware oriented OSes (but honestly all windows are malware)

>no u
>u mad?

>implying Macs don't get spyware
>implying Apple doesn't spy on its users just as much as Microsoft

Only difference is that Windows is more easily exposed on it, Apple's been selling user data since the introduction of Siri.

Is that tape?
What's on the bottom left?

I use it for VR using Vridge.

Actually what he used was a "fallacy fallacy". Since the other user that btfo'd him also insulted him, he chose to cling to the ad hominem that was used, acting like the inclusion of that fallacy invalidates the argument.

>Still replying
>Still buttmad

Mic.

Not an argument. Read the rest of his post you dumb fuck.

They already have, some games are windows 10 only.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_fallacy

so would it be better to go back down to w8.1

ANGERY

AAA Shovelware that isn't worth playing is the only thing to be released as Win10 exclusive (yet, anyway).

It's not only about transmitting.
W7 does still makes logs for everything and they are nearly impossible to get rid of

People on darknet usually advice to drop windows completely because of just that.

8.1 is the best.

>have windows 10
>try to download the gears 4 that came with my computer
>takes forever
>on the second day (60 out of 80gb done) it stops downloading fucking entirely
>try to stop it and restart it
>it fucking deleted the progress and started over
I think I have made a mistake.

You're a fucking idiot boy.

nigga you just a dumb ass piece of shit who fights for moments of superiority on a Taiwanese image board that was ment to share loli on.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

win10 was always uploading shit which wrecked my internet, check resource monitor and kill everything or cap upload on your router if it's the same for you.

Windows 7 is best for not being a shitty terrible operating system

7 is ideal because it can play the majority of xp library, vista-only shit and was becoming the standard overseas.

you will be in trouble later however thanks to microsoft forcing some games to be win10 only.

>people legitimately think that they have avoided Microsoft spying on them while they use any version Microsoft Windows

/r/iamverysmart is more to your speed, friends

I've never opened it out of fear. It's the one thing keeping me from getting into KI. GFWL burned me way, way too hard

Since you are also replying by your own logic you are butthurt.

Are you even reading this thread, no OS is safe.

All what happen was happening from back end not your fucking OSes, just look at how Suckerberg treat his own Mac.

Still on this subject
Is there any way to make Fallout 3 run on Windows 7?

embarrassing

>tumblr

Don't you have to install W10 if you're buying a new processor anyway? I remember hearing about 1-2 years ago that Intel and AMD are dropping support completely for 7 with all of their processors going forward. If that's the case, then you don't really have a choice if you're building a new PC.

I haven't heard anything about that lately though. Does anyone know about that? Please tell me it was just a terrible fever dream or something.

fallout 3 barely runs on xp
just get it on console

>Still replying

you're in a Sup Forums thread m8, everything posted in here is embarrassing

Thank you for conceding and admitting you are wrong.

>Don't you have to install W10 if you're buying a new processor anyway?
No. That's just bullshit marketing trick.
Just what would all those tens of millions of Linux servers and all the Macs run in the near future?

tl;dr: Stop being gullible.

It's either with Skylake or Kabylake, one of them will be the cutoff point for support for Win7, so you'll either have to get 8 or 10 within the next few years or pray that the used market bears fruit for decent old hardware. I'm still on Sandy Bridge, but I know that in a couple years I'll have to build a new machine.

I expected lewd images of that slut win10 tan, I'm disappointed

You realize you're committing that same fallacy yes?

Wrong about what?

install gentoo

In what way, please enlighten me.

>Became rich by selling social data interaction
>Scare shitless by it.

It's like pottery

I play supcom all the time on Windows 10

You are also still replying

So you admit you are butthurt

Read the wiki link you posted. You are arguing from fallacy by using fallacy fallacy.

I have a fairly shitty pc
maybe the others can have a better idea about this op

I don't have money for a console and except a few Bethesda trademark bugs i remember it running smoothly on my old XP desktop back in 2010

HEY YOU TIN FOIL WEARING AUTISTS, I HAVE AN IDEA

JUST UNPLUG THE INTERNET
PROBLEM SOLVED. NO MORE SPYING ON YOU IF THEY CANT CONNECT IN THE FIRST PLACE

>No. That's just bullshit marketing trick.
>Updated at 10:03 AM with additional details about Intel's Kaby Lake drivers. Clarification: Microsoft's support strategy applies to the use of the chips within Windows PCs, not Linux or Apple Macs.
pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR STUP BEING GULLLEBELELE

>Still replying

Are you this petty.Feel free to let it go at anytime. You were the one who wanted to argue, so you can end it by just not replying. But here you are...

>...still replying.

Set the CPU affinity for the exe to single core, or just look for one of the fixer mods on the nexus.

About user and Windows 7.

I'm not though. It was your post that contained nothing but a claim for adhominem and a fallacy fallacy. There was nothing else there. Please don't try to misdirect the conversation. You lack any sort of argument and factual data to prove that Windows 7 is just as cancerous as far as telemetry and spying goes and as such, you must admit defeat, or continue to further embarrass yourself.

Just play it through New Vegas with the Tale Of Two Wastelands mod.
Then you can use the same character for both game worlds with the improved NV mechanics.

But the internet is where the cool shit is...