Hey guys...

Hey guys, I want to know what is different between the original console version of Dark Souls (preferably PS3 because I have played it) and the "prepare to die" edition. I am extremely intrigued to buy it for PC. Don't comment on its poor port on the PC because that is totally fixable with the DSfix mod.

Prepare to Die has the DLC on PC.

Prepare To Die has the DLC, i dont know if there's anymore.

It includes the DLC (more accurately, the additions in the PC version were sold for the console version as DLC later). It's also broken as fuck, but there's a community fix.

It'll probably have a much smoother frame rate and performance on a toaster released in the last two years than it will on a PS3

Would it be worth it? I don't have a copy of the game, let alone a console.

>would the best game of the decade praised in every thread on Sup Forums since its release be worth it?

it's one of the greatest games ever made

>would it be worth it
gee I dunno

Git fucking gud and buy it

Prepare to Die has the really good DLC.

It's one of the best games ever made.

Just get the fucking PC version. It has everything the console version does plus the DLC included, plus all the benefits of running it on PC.

The only reason to get the console version at all at this point is if you're a collector and like physical media.

Prepare to Die is the only version of the game on PC if you're curious. They used the PC release to include the DLXC for free.

Shit I shouldn't have said that, I meant something else, but that was a stupid question.

Neither, Wait for the Trilogy port on Nintendo Switch

This honestly wouldn't even surprise me

Yes, just buy it. The DLC is some of the best content in Souls, multiplayer is still alive and well and DSfix let's you have gorgeous graphics and performance.

>if you're a collector and like physical media.

do you know why prepare to die is considered a bad port though?

because its way too identical to the console version,

not worse, not worse in any way, just barely better, this gives a game a bad rep on PC, on consoles its considered a goty.

Why? It's just 5 bucks on PC most of the time. Get it on PC now, then get it on Switch later.

Let's hope you'll be able to recover from the massive financial loss of 5 to 10 dollars in the span of those 4 or 5 months.

I don't know guys, I'm still pretty new to this game, I am usually a casual (due to the fact that I used to be poor), anymore advice before I do it?

Make sure you file your tax returns, workout regularly, and take some time to get out in nature. Just buy the game baka

Yeah, don't read anything or look anything up for your first playthrough. Also don't summon people unless you're really, REALLY fucking stuck and are about to quit.

Any last words?

i hope you got a controller

It's considered a bad port because it was locked to fuzzy 1024 x 768 internal rendering resolution, locked to 30 fps, the cursor stays on screen, the camera is jittery with mouse and you have to tinker with button mapping to make it comfortable on keyboard + plus getting used to which button is what prompt.

DSfix lets you use any internal rendering resolution, permanently hides the cursor, gives access to better AA, DOF and finer graphical settings, downsampling if you want and unlocking the framerate (although I never bothered with the last one)

DSMfix fixes the mouse sensitivity, but I personally never used it, got used to playing without it. Feels more chaotic, like taming a wild beast with precise mouse movements.

It's just left a bad taste because imagine if there wasn't Durante to make that 50kb day one fix? We would have been stuck with the above issues, but you know what they say, if one doesn't do it someone else will.

Yeah I do

I did it

Oh, and I forgot. It was locked to 16:9 aspect ratio, but that is the ratio that 90 % of users have anyway.

Still, if you want to play at 4:3, 5:4, 16:10 or 21:9 you can use a program called Widescreen Fixer. Works like a charm.

Just do it.

Shoulda waited for the sale dumbass

No, he did the right thing. Good games deserve the money. I got it for 55 on release.

Install DSfix right away, mess with the settings in it a little

>on a toaster
I doubt it
Dark souls was horribly ported, you'd need at least a good PC to run it

>paid twice as much as he had to
lol

Main difference was, in my experience, they shoved a shit ton more enemies everywhere to appease all these darn MLG gents on V.

If you wait til the end of the month you can get it for $5. Return it if you bought it already

You are thinking of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. PC port of Dark Souls 1 didn't change anything to the base game.

No reason to be a cheapskate, like I already said. I bought for 55 back then and got 450 hours out of it. If he gets 400 hours out of the game that's like 0.05 per hour.

It's not being a cheapskate, dumbass.

I'm not saying he should wait till christmas to buy it; I'm saying he could buy right now for half the money he payed.

What you mean is, he should buy it a second time for 10 and gift it to a friend for Christmas. Show the power of long term sales on PC. While the second hand marked and depleted stock availability has killed long term sales on consoles, From/Namco made 20 bucks today, 4 years later.

Always counting your pennies. This is why no one respects us on PC, dumbass. Next you're gonna cry good goy, right?

Mate, he bought a thing and payed twice the amount he had to, that's bad economics no matter how you spin it.

OP, if you get the PS3 version and NEVER PATCH it, you will be playing the absolute hardest version of Dark Souls. It was so difficult that later releases and patches nerfed it. The PC version starts with those patches in place, but if you get a physical PS3/360 copy, don't update it.

Bad economics? If it isn't for rampant blind, consumerism "economics" would collapse. Bad personal economics yeah, but if someone doesn't pick up the slack now and then and pay a little more, then sellers wouldn't be able to afford good deals for the rest of us.

Don't try to open other people's eyes. If everyone knew how to game the system then the system will stop letting you take advantage, you're only fucking yourself over by spreading awareness.

It's like 5 dollars on steam when its on sale