I brought max payne for ps2

i brought max payne for ps2
and getting very bad frame rate is this normal or do i have a shitty copy or console?
also max payne thread

Should have got the pc version and downloaded the patch m8.

Great game

guess i wasnt that smart

seriously though, just trade it back and get it on pc for the christmas sale, mods n patches make it sick

eh it's playable i guess, thanks for the advice though user.

>max payne for ps2
But why? First Max Payne is an """okay""" port as far as I know but it's still PS2 we're talking about. MP should run on toasters now.

yeah i know, i just brought a ps2 a while back and wanted to get a few games for it and have never played this one.

Just wait for the next steam sale, get 1 and 2 for cheap and download the patches

i actually might just do this.
thanks pcbros

>bought a game for ps2
>not installing fmcb and getting the piratebay discount

it was £1

>max payne with a controller

oh god user

yeah, it's a bit strange

Its the PS2 version, its a PC game ported to PS2 so thats to be expected. If you have to play a console version the xbox hueg version is better.

If you didn't play Max Payne on a PC with Windows ME before 9/11 you don't know SHIT and I mean SHIT about video games.

Yeah you're right.

If you guys think ps2 is rough

I played through the xbox version

through the built in 360 emulation

It's always weird to see the twin towers on mp1

That's why Deus Ex exists.

Not even my final form.

I'd rather play that than the console versions though

That was actually a good port.

is this 2001 if Sup Forums existed back then? this whole post is surreal.

This basically.

Max Payne on PS2 is not as bad as Max Payne 2 on PS2 tbqh.

It does actually feel a bit strange. Almost as if it's me that posted this back in 2001 or something.

i t ' s a l l i n y o u r h e a d

we keep riding into the night

Why? No stranger than Tekken 2.

I tried to get MP working on PC yesterday but it has noticeable mouse lag, only solution i found on google was removing mouse acceleration and removing the sound fix but that didnt help. Anyone had this problem?

This, what the fuck are you doing, OP?!
Next you'll tell me the owls are not what they seem. (?)

you're filled with secrets aren't you user?

Mainly as MP2 used virtually every drop of power to play the game even when max is standing still in a room, tap bullet time with 5 guys shooting while running through a burning warehouse and the game chugs like hell.

Still tho it was handy for people who didnt have PC's a the time.

>Mainly as MP2 used virtually every drop of power to play the game even when max is standing still in a room, tap bullet time with 5 guys shooting while running through a burning warehouse and the game chugs like hell.
And that's with the game already being downgraded to hell and using a completely different engine. It runs on RenderWare (the same one GTA games used) instead of Max-FX.