Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums, how do you build a good gaming PC that's capable at running most games at 60FPS with a budget at 500 dollars and under? I know that isn't a lot, but help me out.

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/VynYm8
pcpartpicker.com/list/q2yjBP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just get a ps4pro man....

I mean a good cpu costs like 400 my man

i3 6100 + gtx 1050 ti + 8 gb RAM, the updated poorfag build. it sucks though, would be nice if you can do better.

Buy a cheap PSU and AMD CPU + GPU
Then overclock everything and enjoy your 60FPS for a week or so before it explodes and burns your house down

You need twice that money to at least be as miserable as us, poorfag.

Consider getting an Xbox or PS4 instead.

Buy a shit pc and play on the lowest resolution

I'm not buying a console.

I just bought one for 750 Euro (no monitor) and I expect to run Ark survival at 45-55 fps on epic.

Apart from Ark Ill be able to play every single other game on ultra 80 fps +.

>tfw the door bell rings and you see its the mail guy with a bunch of big boxes

He said 60FPS capable.

Easy, don't. Keep the money, save up some more. A good PC is an investment so you don't want to be half-assing it.

Honestly if you're looking for 60FPS go with an AMD CPU and GPU.

A decent power supply (modular costs extra) and six gigs of ram and you'll be fine.

But take it from me, building a budget pc just leaves you wanting more.

You might be better off waiting and having up for something better like said

Yeah this, I really would not recommend building a budget gaming rig if you really need to though go with what said.

The only component I suggest not cheaping out on is a PSU.

Little upset since i now learned that 500 bucks is useless for a pc but thanks for the advise.

logicalincrements.com/

There ya go op

Doesn't even have to save up that much. Can build something decent for 700

dis nigga gets it.

>go with an AMD CPU and GPU

kek

Its easy just stay at lower resolutions.

What components you get dude? Got 6700k and 1080 myself

it was weird though, my 1080 came in a few months ago and the thing wasn't even in a box!! It was the stock retail box, like wtf? I'm surprised I even received it.

give me a moment nigga. i'll get u a build

Thanks.

Dont. Op is a lazy shit that expects people to do research for him. He can easily Google this

U S E D P A R T S

Why do you have 2 video cards

why not

Is this a serious question?

>raid 0
>160 mem
>2 xeon cpus
I like you

>60fps

I refuse to buy a fake 4k machine that runs games worse than a standard PS4

A bit more money and you can do it. A capable gpu is about $200- $250. Another $200 for a decent cpu. So up your budget by another $100 and it's feasible. You're asking for above console performance but there's a large gap between $500 and $600

I guess i an extra hundred won't hurt.

Buy a FX 8350 and a 7970 8gb ram

It will work wonders for you, always my go too poorfag build. Have extra money get a second one for crossfire

It's dooable

What I did was buy an old refurbished dell with an i5 2500 for $199, got a psu on sale for $50, and threw in a gtx 1060 for $$250. Am currently running everything I've played on ultra 1080p 60fps. I'd get a cpu that can be oc'd though. Certain games will bottleneck at the cpu, but this is very rare for me

The only non shit post in the whole thread, people put their barely old graphics cards up on ebay and sites when they're barely used and in mint condition because they keep "upgrading" every three months.
I got a 1070 for 180 EUR because some guy bought a 1080 and threw his 1070 on ebay.

Yes. I don't see why you'd need 2.

Are cheap used recent parts common or hard to find?

This.

60 fps ruins the cinematic experience anyway

none, you're just looking for an excuse to buy a console, building a PC requires a little bit more investment than $500 and more thought than just shitposting on Sup Forums go ahead and buy that console you dumb poorfag

Depending on where you live/what sites you visit.
Ebay has been kind of overrun by kids and people who watched youtube videos about good deals, so that's kind of a nozone for quite a while unless you monitor it pretty well.

fuck autistic dipshits like you too who think the only PC gamers are fucktards who try to run games at 144fps, 4k

Shit, well i don't know many other websites that sell used goods.

What's the point of getting a PC if you're not going to do that

You don't need a $400 cpu for video games. Not even close to that is necessary

Nothing local?

Budget PC really isn't the way to go. Either save up a couple hundred more or get a console.

Contrary to popular belief, it's okay to play vidya on a console. 60fps, while significant, is quite overrated and not worth it if you're on a shoestring budget.

You also notice poor framerate more with kb+m.

this'll do senpai

pcpartpicker.com/list/VynYm8

later on when you get more cash you can stick a SSD in there

To be honest, i am not much of a fan of online shopping, i was actually looking forward to going to my local Microcenter, but if that's bad, then i will avoid it.

It's not useless, it's just that your goal may be a little high. You know why console games usually don't run at 30fps? Because the PS4 and Xbone use shit-tier processors that bottlenck the GPUs. Even the Pro with it's Rx 470 can't hit 60fps stable in CPU-intensive games, which is why so many games are locked at 30. If you try to build a cheap PC, you'll be bound by the same limitations. Good GPU, shit CPU (people usually recommend AMD processors which are very outdated and not efficient for gaming)

So you may get 60fps in some games, but heavily demanding AAA games will have drops.

Lurking around on e-shops for each part can save you quite a bit of money.

picked this up for 450 euro's, 3 month old build
bought the monitor for 80 bucks
it's my first pc and boy its fun

I'd like to ask, what games run best on your PC?

>Budget PC really isn't the way to go.
wrong

>Contrary to popular belief, it's okay to play vidya on a console.
wrong

>60fps, while significant, is quite overrated and not worth it if you're on a shoestring budget.
subjective

>You also notice poor framerate more with kb+m.
wrong

that's a terrible shitty dumb post you've just made user

I've only had it for a week but I can run the latest Doom and middle earth: shadow of mordor at very high settings (high/ultra mix?) @ 60 fps. I heard Doom is greatly optimized though.

>f a m swaps to senpai
damn that's kawaii

It's not useless at all. A $500 build is fine for 1080p+60fps gaming, assuming you adjust the graphics quality settings a bit, like for example, not picking absurd values of Anti Aliasing that barely make a difference.

People itt have posted good build suggestions, you might want to consider them.

>tfw wanted to upgrade to a RX 470 for months now
>live in europe
I fucking hate europe
>import taxes are so fucking high you'd better be off buying local despite local being bumped up by like 70 EUR.

You must feel very strongly if you've been willing to dissect my post so much. Loosen up.

Damn, and you just got used parts?

I am an angry nerd and you happened to be wrong on the internet

such is the natural order of things

Yes, a dude built himself a pc to play wow but he got bored after 3 months again
if you know any tech websites in your country see if they have an online marketplace for selling electronic devices/pc parts etc.
That's where I got my pc
I'm from europe and pc parts are too expensive here

This isn't a bad build, it went over by a little bit because of needing windows and a monitor but you can take anything that you already have out.

Maybe post this over on Sup Forums and see if they can bring the price down some.

Huh, but exactly why did you only keep it for a week?

>buying windows
the fuck is wrong with you

Instead of building a budget PC, save up another 500 dollars and build a really good PC.

Buy used/second hand.

I'm sorry I mean I've only had it for a week, didn't test a lot of games yet

Oh, well i don't know any places in the U.S that sell used parts at prices like that and still be capable of running recent games.

Yeah, OP could pirate windows or use linux instead and easily cut $80 out of that build.

i'd say your best shot is to look online for 2nd hand builds/pc parts etc on tech websites/forums

I wouldn't recommend linux to Sup Forumsirgin

all that's going to amount to is one more angry shitpost thread on Sup Forums

if there's a company that deserves to have its shit pirated it's microsoft though

I'll try that if i have the time.

This.
A clocked fx (6300) or better will defintely let you run pretty much everything at 1080p with 60fps

Try this out dude.
It's a little more expensive, but you'll easily get the performance you want out of it and it should last you for a pretty long time.

Great, i think this will do good for me.

I guess a dual core Intel CPU and maybe a 4GB RX 470. Even then you're going to lower settings and have to skimp to hit 60fps in everything,

My man
Im on a 6300@ 4.5ghz wita 7970 6gb vapor x, its not a beast but it gets the job done at 1080p

The ps4 regular runs Siege at 60-90 fps

there are some exceptions. the FX-6300 (and even the 8 core piledriver chips) will bottleneck in a large number of titles, when compared to skylake i3 chips.

of course, it's still a great value if it can be had on sale, but AM3+ is fucking dead. seriously. it isn't worth it right now.

I fucking hate intel and I will probably never give them a single penny but as it stands, I can not recommend a piledriver CPU to anyone.

>The ps4 regular runs Siege at 60-90 fps
No it doesn't, it runs it at 50-60fps at 720p tier resolution with checkerboard rendering

This is my setup. Cost me about a grand and going to be a $1500 build because I'm purchasing a 1070 soon.

Personally I think you should wait and save up a bit more money OP. Building a budget PC will be a painful tease because you're going to want better and faster hardware.

>mfw I spent $1200 on a build that's worse than a $740 build.

Learned my lesson. I'm saving up now, will probably build a new one(for reasons). Thinking my budget will top out at $1500.

>if there's a company that deserves to have its shit pirated it's microsoft though
Ironically Microsoft benefits from piracy as it keeps people from learning how to use open-source OS's or software. Microsoft holds such a huge desktop market share simply because people grow up with Windows and are familiar with it ensuring that offices and schools will continue licensing it. (This is where Microsoft makes most of its money, not from consumers)

Like I said to that other guy, if you're okay with pirating windows you can easily drop that build by $80. Post it over on Sup Forums, they might be able to bring the price down some more.

it's more than enough actually

You can try used parts but really you're rolling the dice. If you're just going for 1080p 60fps than a gtx 1050 ti may suffice, but an amg gpu isn't a bad option either. Don't cheap on the PSU. If you're keen on a budget pc build it so you can upgrade in the future without having to completely start from scratch.

>6700k
>GTX 970
>a grand
what

That's a great price for me, but what can it run?

Anything a PS4 can but better

But i have a question, is that a laptop memory stick?

Are you sure you need a 1070 with that monitor? It's gonna be overkill in 90% of games

Great, but do i lose visuals or are those better than ps4 too?

you are absolutely completely 100% right. but people do not care about this. it does not matter to them whether Apple, Microsoft or the GNU project wrote the software they use.it doesn't matter whether it's GPL compliant or not.

they want their entertainment and their comforts and they will take the path of least resistance towards those things. for fuck's sake, we're talking about people that legitimately, unironically purchase gaming consoles. those are the worst tech products I can think of and they sell like hotcakes.

if we want the industry to stop being so god damn shitty, we're not going to accomplish that by depriving normalfags of their vidya and their foobar2k's. that's only going to harm us in the long run. it changes absolutely nothing which OS these people use.

the only way to break this shit is to start from the ground up, in other words where people get fidelized into buying microsoft shit for life: education and industry.

tl;dr let these fags install windows

You will get 1080p with stable 30fps which is slightly better than PS4.

Don't worry about it

probably canadian.

I mean in terms of graphics, will i have to risk graphics?

>tl;dr let these fags install windows
There's nothing wrong with using Windows. It saves you a bunch of time learning, installing and troubleshooting a Linux install. Time is money. Convenience is not always a bad thing.

No dumb ass. It will look and play slightly better than PS4 .

I have an old PC that I use as a HTPC that has a 560 ti and can play games at 60fps, you just need to turn some settings down.