No Last Guardian thread

>no Last Guardian thread

Lemme guess, buyer's remorse? I know the game is short, but I doubt most Anons beat the game already.

>spending $120 on what's basically an Escape Room game with a shit ton of forced feels

I feel bad for ICO fanboys. They waited so patiently for this game and it really failed to deliver.

At least the wait's over though, they can finally move on. Better than always asking what if?

Has any highly anticipated game developed over the past decade lived up to the hype?

Not really. I don't know any games off top that had such long dev period sans Duke Nukem.

It makes sense, if something takes you 10 years to do it's either going to be really great or really bad.

FFXV

I wish I could hug Ryuko.

Sup Forums struggles to find things to shitpost about it and a lot of people actually like the franchise so therefore it's not really posted about.

Considering all the shit posting about it on here for fucking months I'd say it has exceeded the "hype".

Link to the body pillow?

Shut up nigger

After about halfway the only thing I could think of when playing this was how much I wanted it to fucking end.

I'd honestly say No Man's Sky is a better game than this dog shit.

Note: Story great, characters great, world great. I love Trico and the kid, I love the theme, the style. I aced Shadow of the Collossus and Ico when they first came out and I've been following TLG development since then...

but Ueda fucked up badly. This game is utter shit. I regret buying the collectors edition and supporting this trash. 10 years and they couldn't get movement right? Ueda is a fucking hack

>game gets a good score
I don't get what the reply is. Though I don't think XV lived up to what it should have been.

>game isn't considered good by most people
>shitposting
Can you just fuck off and accept that people legitimately were disappointed by the game? Not everything is a conspiracy.

>good score
>79
Spotted the dumb ass in high school.

>n-not the same
k

Depends on what you mean by 'hype'. If you're listening to the most rabid, unrealistically hopeful and fanboyish of gamers' 'hype' then no, nothing can or ever will. But if you mean "this game looks like it'll be really good!" hype, then yes. Tons.

>everything is great except the movement
>the game is utter trash and shit
Nice overreaction kid. Sure you've actually played ICO and SotC? Because your initial description matches them perfectly too.

It's not. 79 doesn't mean the game answered 79 quality questions out of 100 correctly, proportionately. Because that's what a high school test is, not how metacritic and all those sites assign scores.

Besides, the User Score is generally just people either rabidly shitting on or undeservedly praising a game. People review games they haven't even played, whether to give them high or low scores. Kind of like Sup Forums.

I can't understand why people like games like TLG, where it's just solve this puzzle, solve that puzzle. It's all so false and "designed" rather than a natural organic environment that is still designed--but far more subtly. It's the same with LoZ games now. It feels like you're doing busy work the devs intended for you to do rather than exploring a real place.

>everything's good but the game play
>it's okay when sony does it
uncharted 2

Sorry, no, somehow Ueda has managed to make movement and camera WORSE than both ico and SOTC.

This should have been a movie.

What the fuck does this have to do with conspiracies you retard. The point obviously was that if Sup Forums can't successfully shit post about something then it won't really get posted about. No conspiracy faggot. That's fact.

It's not even 84 anymore, senpai

It's an aggregate. 7.9 is the average user score, equivalent to the average grade of 79% at the end of your semester.

>Besides, the User Score is generally just people either rabidly shitting on or undeservedly praising a game.
Whatever delusions help you sleep at night.

Wait for game, they cancel it, years later bring it back sparking a hope in their hearts only for it to be shit.

buy now or wait?

C'mon son. The user scores on that site have by in large become a shit fest of a retard fight between cunts laying down 10s and 0s. Just like MAL.

Wait til the complete edition or til its 20 bucks or less. Fedoras play a key part in the plot.

there's some truth to that, but the shittier games tend to score lower than the better ones.

MAL isn't people 10 or 0ing though, because in MAL people have a feeling of ownership of the series they watch due to the list. Whereas metacritic the reviews arent really linked to your account so strongly

100% this.
I know games like modern Zelda and TLG just aren't my thing and some people like super designed puzzle environments, but I can never understand how they can say they have amazing immersive worlds.
There's nothing immersive about random puzzles that don't have any realistic reason to exist.

>equivalent to the average grade of
No. It's not even remotely the same kind of thing. One is an objective test based on right and wrong answers. The other is a bunch of subjective scores given mostly by people who've either neither played the game or who are crazy fanboys or haters, grossly distorting and essentially eliminating any value the user score has.

Critic scores are barely any better, especially because of how different review scoring systems are "translated" on that site.

>they never added the 60 from Gamekult

keep defending your shit game. maybe it'll change reality

i'd say gta v lived up to the hype, but like, barely, as in, it just dragged itself over the line at the very last possible second kind of barely, the online content they keep adding for free pretty much helped put it over the line

that's like the ONLY game though, mgs v had amazing gameplay but it was such a different game compared to the rest of the series so it's hard to compare

indie shitters have honestly been dominating the 'good game' lists as of late, which is the sad reality of it all, mostly because all of those good games look like a potato, which just shows game companies striving for appearance or forgetting everything else that makes a good game

or the really shitty 'muh open world sandbox' meme (likely rip new zelda because of that)

we're at the point now where there's been such a lack of high quality games that games like the witcher 3, which is a solid enough game, end up getting "MAYBE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE" label when really it's more like "one of the only quality games that you can remember playing in the last 5-8 years"

>7 critics
Are you even trying?

Just look it up on eBay.

Critic scores are really bad for some titles. Like you can just feel the critics gritting their teeth as they rate something like FF13 a high score just for having the title Final Fantasy.

In those titles the user scores are more honest. In others the critics are more reasonable because the users hate far too much for one or two issues that don't destroy the game.

I havent gotten my copy yet

>No Man's Sky is a better game than this dog shit
>No Man's Lie better than Last Guardian

also noting that most critics are casual as fuck and don't even know how to play video games, and can end up writing poor reviews just because they didn't understand how to play or the story or the company or someone related to it might have slighted them in the past

the opposite is also true, paid reviews etc etc

I've experienced this myself and 100% agree, but SotC never gave me this feeling. SotC gives the illusion of exploration while keeping the player on rails the entire time, and it does a good job at that.