I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK

I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK.

God Sora's VA sounds awful. Roxas sounds good though.

Did you like the new trailer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkN9OBVHX-c
youtu.be/G7gwaBXRVG0
youtube.com/watch?v=7F-M9Gafpdk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do dolan and gooby looks like FNAF animatronics

youtube.com/watch?v=fkN9OBVHX-c

Mickey's shirt is disappearing. Is it the darkness in his heart?

Yes, I liked it. And that wasn't a new recording from Roxas. That was from 2012.

It's nice how they're keeping him in line with his appearance in KH1, I didn't expect that

My custom Aqua will be so CUTE!

Oh, my bad. Sora still sounds weird though.

Did you like how their's customization. I'm glad because now I hope I can keep Sora's KH 2 outfit in KH3.

>Sora sounds bad
>Aqua sounds good
At least Jesse Mccarney being great is a constant

How do I get into these games, there's so many. Are they all on ps4 or do I need to buy old systems?

>God Sora's VA sounds awful

Yeah, well Haley Joel Osment was 13 when he did the first game. Kinda hard to do the same voice post-puberty.

I'll probably keep Aqua and Sora in their default outfits unless Aqua can get her armor as an ulockable

1.5+2.5 is coming to PS4 so yeah all games will be on PS4. Some of the games like the DS and mobile phone games will be converted into movies.

Technically some won't be playable. But 2.8 and 3 will be on PS4. I don't know if you need PS4 though.

Isn't the customization only for accessories?

He sounded fine in 1 and 2. Even though he was pretending to sound young in 2. It's just really noticable in KH Shattered Memories HD and DDD when he was in a young body with his old ass voice.

I liked the Kingdom Hearts games I did play and I want to be excited for 3 but it seems they've released so many games over so many different platforms I can't keep up and I'll probably be lost in the story.

I've played the first two and BBS. What else is essential? What the hell is all this 2.5/2.8 shit?

joey is so cute

i never expected mccartney to be this good

Just buy 1.5+2.5 and then buy 2.8 and you're good

youtu.be/G7gwaBXRVG0

in march they'll all be on ps4

I'm glad they kept Osment.

His voice may not exactly fit anymore but it would be weird to not have him.

I'm not certain if it's only accessories, but i'm hoping like the other user said that you can use the armor from BBS. They still have that feature from BBS that you can change the color of your accessories so I'm hoping you can use it on your main outfits as well. I just don't like Sora's Dark color palette in KH 3, also the flannel.

It's been like 11 years since Kingdom Hearts 2 I don't remember shit about anything except that organization XIII spawned a horrendous autistic fanbase

>Roxas sounds good in a game that was voiced years ago.

WOAAAAAAAAAAAH

>GAME 1
>GAME: SUBTITLE 1
>GAME 1: SUBTITLE 2
>GAME 2
>GAME 2: SUBTITLE 2
>GAME: RE SUBTITLE 1
>GAME: SUBTITLE 4
>GAME: SUBTITLE 4 SUBTITLE 2
>GAME: SUBTITLE 5
>GAME: SUBTITLE 6
>GAME: RE SUBTITLE 5
>GAME: SUBTITLE 7
>GAME 1.5: SUBTITLE 8
>GAME: SUBTITLE 9
>GAME 2.5: SUBTITLE 8
>GAME: SUBTITLE 10 SUBTITLE 9
>GAME 2.8: SUBTITLE 10
>GAME 1.5 + 2.5: SUBTITLE 8
>GAME 3

so this...is the power...of sony exclusives...

>Sony exclusives
I fucking wish.

I wonder how much SE would charge for additional cute outfits.

>being this young
>not knowing who voiced Sora

emulate them on pc

so what do you think guys

is he voiced by drake bell?

It's because he's voiced by a Jessie McCartney. I bet he still sounds the same because of his singing career.

Sora still got his voice fucked up.

So where is this? Is it his parent's house?

yen sid's tower

Drake Bell can't afford to work since he's in debt.
He's a Nobody

>mfw reading plot synopsis of the games I never played

This story is fucked. At this point I'm just in it for the gameplay.

Were never gonna get an answer to why he never seemed concerned about finding his parents, are we?

>Kingdom Hearts
>Sony exclusive

Hilarious user.

I guess it would be weird to find voice actors trying to impersonate him.

why not get 1.5+2.5

story makes a bit more sense when you actually play the games

sora

I've played a bit of some of the other games like BBS and CoM and I dont like them. They're just not that fun to play for me. KH2FM spoiled me.

>You were gone a long time. What were ya doin'?
>Secret!

what was he doing

This is why when they were finding Sora's original VA they should have gone with someone older like they did with Riku. Sora's VA was like 12 when he first started voice work for the first game, and 13 when he finished it.
Meanwhile Riku's was 16, so he had mostly gone through puberty.

well okay, i get you. nothing's better than the numbered titles.

if you have any questions about the story just ask, we can answer

>tfw the english version starts with WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>not DONNA TOKI DATTE
It hurt when I realized how much better the Japanese OPs were because we'll never get them in the burger versions

I'm gonna be honest if you're trying to get into the story without playing the games as an adult you're not gonna have fun. I'm pure nostalgia fagging, but the story is not that great and complex. The gameplay isn't that great, I think KH 2 was the most fun despite it being Triangle spam. I just enjoyed it as a kid, it's kinda hard to recommend it to other people.

Learn Japanese and play that version Weeb Goof

Training on destiny islands since it was so close to the realm of darkness. He was likely also on a special mission from the king to bring back Aqua.

at least the english versions are good and not shitty translations

Its pretty straightforward for the most part actually, I'm just baffled at how convoluted it became.

It's not even really that I'm trying to get into the story as much as I'm worried I'm going to go into KH3 not really knowing who people are. I guess in the long run I can not give a shit and just enjoy it for the gameplay, though.

bbs is what fucked the story
ddd tried too hard and is now irreversible

coded came about when nomura was literally drunk

So are Goofy and Donald finally going to be romanceable in this one?

Bought HD 1 and 2 on the PS3 Square turns around and release them on one disc for PS4 this is like Capcom levels of bullshit.

DU-OH WELD

People complained how the entire series was spread out. Making every game available on one system was what people wanted.

YERANUBUDDY

I've come to the conclusion that I will never understand Kingdom Hearts.

So it's a crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy (I saw the dude from The World Ends With You in there though, so just Square in general?), but all the characters participate in some grand story that doesn't involve their origins at all.

I don't need a whole plot rundown, I just want to know what the fuck the concept of these games even is.

most people start playing these games without knowing what it is and get into them that way

so why don't you play them and find out. it ain't easy to put into words

These fucking terrifying character models

Basically you play as a kid that isnt a final fantasy character or a disney character and you kill an ancient evil that plagues disney worlds and the final fantasy characters are basically the Illuminati

It starts as a final fantasy/disney crossover, but the final fantasy is nonexistent now and none of the disney characters have had any significant plot relevance for some time so just think of it as an original square RPG about leonard nimoy's attempts to clone and/or stick it into young boys that just happens to take place in disney locales for most of it.

Basically this. In this first game they gave some of the disney characters (mainly the disney princess') significant plot relevance. But it's all been convoluted as fuck like all of square's recent projects

There's a lot of little scenes in this trailer that I didn't really understand, for instance

1:06 - You see one of Xehanort's versions claim he and Sora have been at Twlight Town "many times" and that they "lived again and again."
1:28 - Why is Terra suddenly back to his old self? Is that like his soul?
1:37 - Why are Aqua and Mickey back on Destiny Islands? Just what role does Destiny Islands really play in the story?
2:12 - What is in that mysterious black chest?
2:18 - We see Terra fighting against Terranort, so does that mean Terra might regain control of his body perhaps? That is if he manages to beat Xehanort.
2:20 - It looks as though Riku is running, but if you notice he has longer hair. Could this have been when Riku was trapped in the world of darkness before? But it also looks like he's wearing the outfit he wore in Kingdom Hearts.
2:21 - We see Riku and Mickey with luggage bags, where could they be going? And why would they need luggage bags?
2:22 - Goofy says that Sora was "gone for a long time" but just how long was he gone? And where did he go? What was he doing? And just what does Sora have planned?

It's not that convoluted, it just takes place in the wrong order and is also conceptually fucking retarded.

I don't really care or know much about Disney or Final Fantasy, but the absolute absurdity of this series from an outside viewpoint picks at my curiosity every time I'm reminded it exists.

So is it like a the worlds are colliding situation or do the Final Fantasy characters not retain their stories from their original games? I knew that there were original characters, but how many of the anime people in that trailer were Final Fantasy characters at this point? More or less than half?

I don't think I saw any FF characters there. They were all original sans the TWEWY ones.

The FF characters don't follow their own stories, the only one close is Cloud still hunting for Sephiroth.

>but how many of the anime people in that trailer were Final Fantasy characters at this point? More or less than half?
Let's put it this way: the most recent final fantasy character added to the series was Zack, and that was more than six years ago.

Your synopsis is mostly correct.

To summarise:
>A big war over ownership of god-like entity called Kingdom Hearts happened, fracturing the world into a series of smaller worlds
>MC is a regular teenage boy living in one of these new worlds
>one day, his world gets attacked by monsters from the Realm of Darkness, who eat people's hearts to survive
>he is separated from his friends and cast out of his world as a result, which leads him to team up with Donald and Goofy
>Donald and Goofy agree to help the MC find his friend as long as he helps them look for Mickey
>the MC also gets chosen to to use a ancient weapon from the time of the war
>cue travelling to various Disney worlds to do typical JRPG shenanigans and thwart the plans of a body swapping philosopher

>the only one close
I thought there was something implied with Auron in 2

You are a dude who saves multiple worlds based on Disney animated movies, while sometimes being assisted by FF characters (TWEWY characters appear only in DDD). The main antagonist(s) is an original villain.

I'll try. Deciphering is fun
>You see one of Xehanort's versions claim he and Sora have been at Twlight Town "many times" and that they "lived again and again."
Well, Sora has literally been to TT many times, and YMX probably has too considering his time travel bullshit.

>Why is Terra suddenly back to his old self? Is that like his soul?
Dunno. Possibly an illusion cuz Aqua is most likely going insane.

>Why are Aqua and Mickey back on Destiny Islands? Just what role does Destiny Islands really play in the story?
1. Dunno. Wait for the game. 2.A big one. Another user may fill you in.

>What is in that mysterious black chest?
Gwyneth Paltrow's head.

>We see Terra fighting against Terranort, so does that mean Terra might regain control of his body perhaps? That is if he manages to beat Xehanort.
Maybe, but it'll probably be Sora that saves him.

>Could this have been when Riku was trapped in the world of darkness before? But it also looks like he's wearing the outfit he wore in Kingdom Hearts.
His hair was the same length as it was in KH1.

>We see Riku and Mickey with luggage bags, where could they be going? And why would they need luggage bags?
Going to...I actually forget their mission. I THINK they're going after the princesses while Sora and Co. track down the lights? Idk someone will correct me.

>Goofy says that Sora was "gone for a long time" but just how long was he gone? And where did he go? What was he doing? And just what does Sora have planned?
We don't know the timeframe and what he has planned. All we know is that he at least went back to the dream world to thank his dream spirit friends for helping him.

Canoncially it would make no sense to wear her armor though, she sent it back to the Realm of Light with Terranort

>You see one of Xehanort's versions claim he and Sora have been at Twlight Town "many times" and that they "lived again and again."
That is Xemnas to be specific, and he's referring to the fact that there's a shit ton of people that share Sora's heart / Xehanort's (Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Namine etc., vs Ansem, Xemnas, Xehanort, Terranort etc.)

>1:28 - Why is Terra suddenly back to his old self? Is that like his soul?
That's his heart in the ROD, which is what Aqua partially went in there to rescue.

>1:37 - Why are Aqua and Mickey back on Destiny Islands? Just what role does Destiny Islands really play in the story?
Destiny Islands is very closely linked to the ROD as well as Kingdom Hearts, and this is likely at the point where Aqua is trying to escape with Mickey.
My guess is that this particular part of the demo will kick off the start of KH1.

>2:12 - What is in that mysterious black chest?
No idea, maybe part of the book of prophecies, maybe it's just the master of masters shit.

>We see Terra fighting against Terranort, so does that mean Terra might regain control of his body perhaps? That is if he manages to beat Xehanort.

No idea on the rest.

Was the sound clipping for anyone else? that audio quality was fucking garbage

Sounded fine to me.

So is Riku the only person to ever use darkness without becoming its bitch?

Well, he was bitch for a while, but he bounced back.

Thank you dudes.

I may finally rest in peace.

Xehanort, arguably. He was corrupted by Luxu's keyblade, not the Darkness. As far as insanity goes, he's just as crazy as he always was.

Player in X outright uses the power of darkness to get stronger.

He's the only one who overcome darkness after being consumed or overtaken by it. Usually those taken by darkness become a slave to it, nobody ever really rejects it.

Riku willingly let darkness consume him for power, and then he realized how shitty of a person it was making him so he started on a path of redemption to find the light and go back to it, so in a way he was the first person to do that.

Yeah, man, I mean if you start playing KH, don't expect anything more than glorified cameos from the FF guys. Although you get to fight with and against them. There's a colosseum fight where you take on Cloud, Squall, Tifa, and Yuffie at the same time.

Fuck that fight.

Sora is technically a Disney character

>Player in X outright uses the power of darkness to get stronger.
I haven't followed the game since playing in Bluestacks hurts and it's hard to get decent medals. Which episode was this?

>He was corrupted by Luxu's keyblade
que
I thought the name scheme made Luxu a scorpion, not a goat
and why the fuck does the thing still not have a name if it's so fucking important

so nomura's the boss of this game right

how the fuck are he letting these visuals pass
everyone looks fucking awful

it's even more embarassing when they show footafe from kh2 in the trailer and it look 5000000x more appealing than the kh3 stuff

I'm not 100% but I believe he's technically jointly owned by Square and Disney. If you look at any merchandise made by Square or not, it will say Disney owns the copyright, but there is probably some loophole contracts that disallow the use of the character without Squares approval.
I believe the same applies to the Keyblade as well.

The Guilt mechanic is wholesale Darkness, and later in the story you encounter keyblade wielders and Chirithrys that have been corrupted by Darkness in that way.
Sure, YOU hold out, but tons of innocent wielders are transformed into monsters because nobody told them guilt is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=7F-M9Gafpdk

because he's comparing it to the game that's using the engine that was previously going to be used for this game

Well the rest of the cosmetics are non canon but you're not bitching about that are you?

limit form eats their shit though

No, I got that, and I got that it was using the same design as the Foretellers'
I didn't think it would be luxu's

I can't be the only one who's never heard of Back Cover. What the hell is that game? Have I missed more games than I thought?

Have you played the Kingdom hearts Unchained?

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

No. What system is it for and when did it come out?

You're a Nobody Dumb Donald!