FFXV Discussion: Love it or Hate it lets just talk about it edition

FFXV Discussion: Love it or Hate it lets just talk about it edition.

I for one think that the cup noodles quest was one of the most appalling things I have ever seen in a game. Just about to get on the boat from Cape Caem, what am I in for?

What are your thoughts on this piece of somewhat enjoyable but still tremendously bad shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=90jmHB8k3UI
youtube.com/watch?v=jlegSxtzvzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It disgusts the 'art' fan in me that they were just allowed to shit all over an artist's VISION and bring in some other director to ruin it to his taste. At least have the courtesy to design it to his specifications and keep the plot intact

Somethin' dawned on me when I was on my own: any food you make tastes better when you use good ingredients, right? Then, if you take something already delicious like Cup Noodles and add in the finest, freshest ingredients, what do you get? The ultimate flavor experience!

So I ask you, Noct: what's your favorite ingredient?

I want to ask Tabata what his fascination with death is.

Is "Cup Noodle" a brand or is it just generic?

The cup noodles quest almost got to the "so bad it's good" spectrum, but damn was it awful.
Rest of the game was fun. Finished it yesterday. Story was definitely the worst part of the entire game, really shining light on how this game's horrible development cycle broke it apart into completely incomprehensible sections that make no sense stuck together like this.

Also chapter 13. Fuck chapter 13. I wasn't a fan of any of the chapters that took you away from the main open world area.

You can't improve upon perfection user

Do you always go after the behemoth? Even if you says shrimp or the other ingredient?

None of the characters except Ardyn and Noctis's gang felt important

It is a brand.

It's a brand. Google exists nigger.

Thanks for the spoiler about cup noodles. I'm just about to go fetch the car from the base and go back to side quests when I can, having fun so far.

I like the movie Luna than the game

I chose the egg and just had to climb ravatogh. No boss at all even though it looks like there should have been

So I just bought the Day One Digital Edition off of PSN and I'm wondering if anyone knows what dlc comes with it. So it only downloaded the Masamune sword but the official ffxv site says it comes with the 16 bit skin for the car and also the angler fishing kit.

The game is still downloading so I haven't had a chance to see if the latter two came with it or what.

Walk tall, user.

It's Nissin Cup Noodles. Every weeaboo knows this brand ramen.

>spoiler

Wtf are you even talking about?

almost every single character in movie got completely canned in the game. The emperor died like a faggot while we barely know anything about him. Ravus' character suddenly turned 180 degree and became a good guy all along. Luna at least does some cool shit but barely did anything and died in the game. Jesus fuck let's not even mention the horrible mess called Chapter 13.

do I need glasses or is this image meant to be blurry

Dying to get to chapter 13, I need to see what all the fuss is about. Does it really get much worse than the rest of the game before it? Because it's been some steam greenlight amateur hour shit so far.

Is there more than 3 Imperial base? There's a bunch of empty building on the map

Ardyn was a great villain and I wish there were even more cutscenes involving him

it's C I N E M A T I C chromatic abberation dude

Maybe check the store page? You fucking idiot.

>that versus story leak
>the entire leak
lmao Nomura
APOLOGIZE

I did queer. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking the question and being confused about it all. I'm asking this question mostly to people who bought the game after all the preorder shit.

It really doesn't help that the new guy they brought in has no real experience working on big name console games either. I'm sure S-E kept going on about how this game was going to make or break the series/company and Tabata looks like he broke under the pressure they put on him.

FUCK!
I specifically went to the grocery store to buy a case of cup noodles, ended up buying a whole bunch of bullshit and forgot to get them

>blaming Tabata for trying to piece together some semblance of a game that Nomura left mid development in tatters.
Seems like Nomura was the one who lacked vision here

I think Day One is just the sword. Premium edition or something comes with the other stuff.

Except Tabata was the one who scrapped everything, multiple times if the past three years of trailers are anything to go by.

It'a a strong two handed sword and it becomes obsolete at chapter 3. You also can't sell it so it just stays there doing nothing

I was only really looking forward to the angler kit but I guess that's a fucking bust. Thanks anyway faggot for spoiling my fun.

I hope you stay comfy during these winter months when you play Final Fantasy XV® while you sit in a Coleman® chair!

I guess they needed all this product placement to pay for the 10 years it took them to make this god damn game.

I think the world is beautiful, character and monsters are fantastic design wise. Also some of the dungeons are really cool, and a lot better than the generic shit you find in some rpgs. Battle system is okay but the camera is fucking shit.

All of that said it is bogged down by incredibly poor story telling and repetitive side quests.

Do you go to this area when you are young, or only when you are old?

Don't forget to bring your American Express® card. The only card accepted outside the Crown City.

y-yeah bro, it looks great...

I set up camp with Coleman® Outdoor Accessories

I forgot I had the code in the box and by the time I redeemed it my sword was already twice as good.

Two dumb questions, is there any way to pick shit up when you're on a chocobo or do I really have to dismount to pick everything up and can I listen to the news broadcasts while riding in the car or am I stuck standing by the radios scattered about?

Where does the camping equipment come from anyway? Is it the same pocket dimension their weapons go or do those runes let them teleport their stuff around?

Only in Chapter 14 when the World of Ruin has began for 10 years and Noctis was "sleeping" on the Crystal.

You fight Ifrit in this 'arena' t b h

thats gay, i wanted to fight behemoths/soldiers there

Are you fucking retarded? Nissin is way better than Maruchan™ Instant Lunch® Chicken Flavor™

The car, silly.

Chapter 13 is literally a whole different game together and literally threw every mechanics you had until the very end.

What was with all the weird female pandering in this? All the pro woman are so great at everything dialogue between the bros after every interaction with a female npc. Lestallum was even completely run by females. Wtf was that shit about? Female mechanic, female best mechanic, female best mercenary, female best biologist/ other scientist/ whatever the fuck the black chick was.

It was all really weird. Was it because there was no female in the group?

You already fight behemots and soliders in the open world.

Also, you fight a Behemot King before you enter the 'arena'.

>Pathfinders

yeah, but it looked pretty cool watching the behemoth go wild in that arena

It's the most frustrating kind of bad, when you can clearly see something good bogged down by a litany of questionable choices and poor direction.

I'd rather it'd have come out and been awful, and I'd chalk it up to development hell.

I mean yeah I guess but that doesn't really make sense if I'm camping half of Duscae away from it.

No it's because SE knows that waifus=money. More waifu, more money.

How much of the budget went into making the food look so good? 60%?

2013 Trailer was not even real gameplay. Tabata and his team had to built everything.

This part was just to show the game.

Literally a cutscene with a HUD on.

I asked about the combat and gameplay and somebody told me its like kingdom hearts but with more depth.
How true or false is that?

I'm so used to processed food that seeing that disgusts me.

what was this then
youtube.com/watch?v=90jmHB8k3UI

The Altissia scenes yes, but everything that took place in the Insomnia courtyard was actual gameplay.

...it really is.

Does Prompto ever quit being useless? It's comical how quickly this guy dies and how little he ever seems to help

>start playing
>no 'Prelude'
>'Stand By Me' starts playing during title instead
The fuck is this!?

prelude will literally be the first song you hear when you turn on the radio later on, stop being a bitch

Prelude is in the first battle theme and the pause menu.

>2014

This is the year Tabata took over. Also notice that the style of the graphics is totally different. 2014 XV is more colorful and 2013 has more grey in it.

Are you dumb or something?

>stand by me intro
who's the retard who thought of this, even omnis lacrima would have fit car pushing better

>No generic waifu healer in your starting party
dropped

Wait wtf that actually a japanese brand? I thought i was bootleg American shit since it tastes so gross and cheap.

>tfw no handsome specs bf to cook for you

That fucking mexican fiesta music in Lestallum.

WHY.

It's a video game. How do you enjoy anything with questions like that.

>it tastes so gross and cheap
Guess we all know who has shit taste.

Guys I really want to do the rest of the dungeons with my Kingly outfit on. But it feels really weird not to have all of the kings weapons yet before i beat the game. Should I beat the game then get them or go back to my save before?

It's weird but while installing the game you can play a mode called "Open Combat" from the main menu and it takes you that area during the day and you fight goblins. Once the game has finished installing that mode is gone. Would've liked to see that back in with more enemies.

youtube.com/watch?v=jlegSxtzvzA

buff guns?

It did remind my of a Mexican town with the tourist trap areas being somewhat clean and the rest covered in trash

It really does I have had legit asian food I lived there on and off for a while it tastes like shit compared to actual noodles. Fuck it tastes like shit compared to chinese or korean off brand instant noodles.

I enjoyed the game just fine until chapter 10, I was just curious geez.

Unreal engine will save square enix.

It's definitely shit you fucking neckbeard.

I dislike how simple actions are cutscenes. Like filling up the car. Why on earth is that a cutscene? Just have Noctis fill up the car for a few seconds.

What did he mean by this?

>has branding all over it
>wtf thats a brand?

Ameridumbs smdh

I fucking love all of what this game is before chapter 10 I even enjoy after chapter 10 just not love. But let me explain before you cry shit taste. I am an odd Square fan. Some of my favorites include Secret of Mana 2 and Cyrstal chronicles/Echoes of time by the same name. If anyone played these game you would know how similar FFXV is to them. I enjoy the simple but fun action rpgs they shit out that make the fighting and dudgeon crawling actually fun.

Who took the time to do this ?

>Insulting me for not eating overly processed food
>Using nigger memes
You don't get to say shit.

The first half is great after train part it sucks so bad what happened?

>catching frogs
>gathering car parts
>feeding cats

TASKS MOST BEFITTING A PRINCE OF THE REALM IN WAR TIME.

Is this your first game with sidequests?

>Wartime
War is over his country is lost the empire won everything.

Do any of you fucking spastics even realise chocobos can swim?

Yes. Why wouldn't they swim?

Game was rushed because Tabata spent more time cutting and replacing content than building on what was already there. I don't blame him entirely though I'm sure the reason he kept second guessing every single choice he made was because Square put too much pressure on him.

Sure:

Squeenix, fix the fucking texture bug on Xbox where it freezes at low LOD and cant scale anymore.

Also, fix the giant missing texture bugs on PS4.

Does Gentiana have better things to do than bombing your fucking photos?

This hunt and and the high ranking ones were good. The low level ones are okay if you do them at that level. Going through all of them post game kills the point.

where

The higher ranked hunts were basically the bossfights which the story is sorely lacking in.