Take up your sword and travel to Japan’s blood-bathed Sengoku period – an era ravaged by warring states and dark...

>Take up your sword and travel to Japan’s blood-bathed Sengoku period – an era ravaged by warring states and dark, malevolent forces – and cut a violent path through the land as the masterless samurai, William.

>William

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CpDWTt1KqA
youtube.com/watch?v=OS8QNkbDbsE
youtube.com/watch?v=6vtFa0CkzJA
youtube.com/watch?v=cD29IDN-m1I
imgur.com/a/Tibxc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
youtube.com/watch?v=9FVyDzfOCC4
youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c
youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

let em give you a tip on starting nioh threads. Make a shit post title like the one yesterday "bloodborne put them on suicide watch,nioh dug the grave". Then put an image of a cutie

God the demo was fun.

That fight against the guy with the lightning pupper was the hardest fight so far in any Souls or Souls-like game.

orphan of kosm is harder than muneshige

Like the other user said, Orphan of Kos was harder but Muneshige was top tier without a doubt

>Super armor piece of shit
He was bullshit incarnated but I had a great time fighting him. Day 1 buy for me

William (yes he's a westerner).

It was actually only mainly his Iai attacks that had armour on them, ones that had a really big startup, so it worked great. He really was one of the best designed bosses I've seen in quite a long time, and I really wish I could've fought him in the Alpha.

Anyway, I better post the new PSX stuff for those that haven't seen it.
youtube.com/watch?v=8CpDWTt1KqA trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OS8QNkbDbsE awful awful commentary filled with misinfo
youtube.com/watch?v=6vtFa0CkzJA gameplay with the boss fight of the area

Based on an actual historic figure

He's not a samurai. The samurais were a warrior class who served the shogun. You had to be born into a samurai family to be a samurai. William is merely a sailor who is wondering Japan to find his lost friend.

Actually I might as well stream from last month as well, along with what I caught from watching it, most stuff is still visible in the new gameplay. Reminder that there'll be another similar stream on the 20th of this month.
youtube.com/watch?v=cD29IDN-m1I
>ranged controls changed back to be closer to Alpha style, Square and Triangle select ammo type, I assume a shoulder button is to fire
>when you run out of ammo, a red X covers the picture of your ranged weapon so you know you're out
>Ninja oni have been slowed down rather dramatically because it wasn't enough that they didn't hit as hard and had openings the size of a nodachi
>there still hasn't been another enemy that is able to sidestrafe the way William does (except revenants which don't count for obvious reasons)
>Soul matching may have been replaced with a more typical transmog system, and the blacksmith might have an option to change hairstyle (there was an icon with combs)
>an icon at the Shrine looks suspiciously like the storage box icon, so they either fucked it even more by giving us full access or they did the smart thing letting us just send stuff out

Perhaps I should update this with anything noticable from the new gameplay and make it into something more cohesive overall.

The real William Adams was actually made an honorary samurai in thanks for all the assistance he gave the Shogun, Ieyasu at the time. It'll probably happen in the game too later on.

I hope we can rename the MC. This game is literally ken-sama's life.

new screen shots: imgur.com/a/Tibxc

Cool, thanks for the link. The armour designs are still looking fantastic, and oh shit those umbrella yokai made it in.

William-sama is the original true weeb, his spirit was inherited by Ken-sama and he laid the path for him to follow.

dude I love the witcher

At least the manga is fun. Shame he, nor anyone else, will act like that in the game at all.

The witcher is boring, takes 10 years just to level up.

It's kinda early to tell, we haven't seen many of the cutscenes and they'll want to focus on the dramatic action packed parts for the trailers. We still got the "this singing is too loud" part in one though.

Do you have a link to any of the chapters, even the raws?

Sorry but I don't, I think someone's posted a link for it before though so maybe they'll have it if we keep the thread going. There was a thread with the most recent pages not long ago as well, should still be in the archive. I just made these from pics that were posted in the older threads way back.

>everyone bitching ScarJo was playing The Major in the GitS movie
>meanwhile no one even acknowledges William in Nioh

Is this just an east/west thing? Why arent polygon and kotaku on this? Is it only western media that gets SJW on its dick all the time?

it was hard because most people fought him at level 15-20 with gear of that level, the boss was meant for level 30+
it was easy if you did the twilight missions first

William Adams is a real person you uneducated fuck
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

Some people do keep complaining about it though, and there's a strong chance at least a bunch of it is genuine. Because a Japanese company shouldn't be allowed to make a game based on a western figure who is iconic and beloved by Japan and is very historically important to them while being lesser known elsewhere.

William is based on a real dude.

It's not like there replacing a historical samurai with a white dude. He was a real Samurai.

WIRIAMU

Yes but from those two examples, Makoto isnt Japanese, or rather, he cyuborg body isnt Japanese, since it has facial features far different from the japanese characters in the anime, yet people still bitched.

They dont care about logic when it comes to complaining, just less whites the better

Thank god they didn't use the historical black samurai instead

Nioh is basically Dark Souls if designed solely for weeaboos, and that's why it's getting so much hype.

>Japan
>Katana
>Samurai techniques
>Anime techniques
>Samurai armor
>Teleport behind you
>Nothing personal kid

Great game

>Great game
yes it is

>What is sarcasm

>Nioh is basically Dark Souls if designed solely for weeaboos

the cognitive dissonance of this place never fails to amuse me.

>They don't care about logic when it comes to complaining
Can't really sum it up any better than that.
Except for how the game played so differently to Dark Souls in it's combat that people who didn't want to learn how to play it whined and complained so hard that they started simplifying and changing it to be more similar and easier.

>munenigger
>harder than pontiff, nameless, 4kids, crow ,Maria, freide
NAH
A
H

>pontiff, freide
>hard

no

there is literally nothing hard about 4 kings

YASUKE WILL GET A GAME!

user you shouldn't talk about things you don't know. Motoko is Japanese and so is her body. Japan is the largest manufacturer of prosthetic bodies in the GITS universe.

The "japanese" features you claim aren't there are stylistic and vary depending on the artist on material you're pulling from.

Are you actively looking for people to bitch? Be grateful no one cares so the game isn't caught up in SJW nonsense.

I'll give you pontiff, but freide? Fuck you, that I'd an endurance test worse than drake and Josh.

don't use terms you don't know the meaning of

Unless you did it below sl40 all the way in ng+7 Get the fuck out of my face.

How did Team Ninja all of a sudden come up with a great game? Didn't Ninja Gaiden 3 suck tremendously?

Also what are the chances of this game being better than NGB?

>it's hard if you're level 1 at NG+7 reee!

Only Maria, Crowsteel and maybe Pontiff are hard there, and Pontiff only just because of his sudden attacks that he throws out often to screw with your input delayed timing. Crowsteel isn't even a boss, and he's only hard because of how much damage his gun does. Gotta have better examples than that at least. Muneshige though wasn't nearly as hard as he should be since it took till Beta for us to get to fight him.

stage 1 is a cake walk, just listen for where she drops, plus she can be staggered easily

stage 2 requires like 1-2 estus if you fuck up and can be totally cheesed from range if need be

stage 3 you can parry and backstab fish as well as use the same tactics as in part 1 to stagger her out of her invis chain.

And if you want a really low effort solution you can facetank with a greatshield and backstab fish.

says the guy insiting dark souls isnt weaboo as fuck

People that misuse phrases like you are a diamond dozen.

William? I thought his name was Geralt.

Nioh pretty boring and safe desu. They are going for the souls audience because they cant make good action games anymore. The setting is interesting because we dont see feudal japan much in vidya but thats it. The demos arent even close to Razors Edge in term of difficulty

Apples ---> Oranges

NiOh is a Japanese game being made by a Japanese company about an actual figure in Japanese history who happened to not be Japanese

GiTS is an American movie being made of a Japanese Manga by an American film studio for American audiences starring an American as a fictional character who happens to be Japanese

It's dime a dozen you fucking ingrate.

But this one actually has a personality.

calm down cuck. I'm not him and aren't even disagreeing with you. I'm just being kind enough to keep you from making a fool of yourself.

>Another Lords of the Fallen level bandwagon game doesn't get as much attention as a super famous Japanese cartoon adaptation

Do the math you fucking idiot.

Dark Souls is a Japanese game about Western Fantasy. By definition it cannot be weaboo because it is made by the Japanese and is not about Japanese culture

NiOh is a Japanese game being made about Japanese history and mythology. It's made bt the Japanese so it probably isn't weaboo, but liking it can be weaboo because it's about japan

this post is a blessing in the skies.

Damn, I was hoping they'd make a game on par with NGB since it's probably my favorite game of all time. So is this mostly getting hype because it looks like a japanese (yes I know) Dark Souls?

dont listen to that guy, he's just mad it's a PS4 exclusive

Or you could stop being cancer and actively damaging the board with your desperate attention seeking, either or really

>boring and safe
Only after they've nerfed the game based on "fan" feedback, and even then it's still going to be some challenge for the random casual. The game's design is almost entirely against the usual AAA shit people go for with it's focuses on skill based gameplay and setting. What demos did you play anyway, both of them or did you just jump on at the time of the Beta? How much did you even play of it?
It's a pretty fun game, despite the changes from the initial version. Since you're coming from a NG background, keep in mind that while it has it's inspirations, it's not entirely Ninja Gaiden, just like it's not entirely Souls. It's Nioh. That said, feel free to ask about any details you're curious about, and these videos might get you interested.
youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
youtube.com/watch?v=9FVyDzfOCC4
youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c
youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ

>can find multiple katanas in the game
>not weeb

Look kiddo, you are probably a newfag who think weeb is just anything japanese, but thats not the case. Anime is not weeb, feudal japan isnt weeb. Interjecting japanese shit that would get BTFO in a western setting like katanas, along with super stupid shit like invidible katanas, is weeb. So sit your ass down.

That's a problem why? I thought White people like seeing White characters?
Also, did you not know he was based on a real person? Of course not, since you are a fucking retarded faggot!

You got a problem with William?

This is why American posters are largely cancer. They can't get regular facts correct, let alone do a simple search via Google.

>Maria
>Hard

Isn't this more like Onimusha?

William Adams got made a samurai by Nobunaga. That trumps tradition.

ninja gaiden(combat)+dark souls(level system ,hud)+ onimusha+ a little hint of diablo

This honestly sounds goat if this all comes together. How the fuck did Team Ninja just comeback like that? This is like Capcom all of a sudden making MvC Infinite great.

I haven't played the DLC but I'm going off of how she looks and assuming parrying is at a minimum, since parrying can destroy just about everything.
In setting and maybe slightly in the combat. It's mostly described as Demon's Souls meets Ninja Gaiden with some Onimusha and Diablo loot.
Ieyasu Tokugawa, not Nobunaga. He's long dead by the time the game takes place, not that I see that keeping him down.

>Invincible katana

But Katana are among objectively the worst weapons in the games and always have lower durability than other weapons of similar size and damage

Your the one who seems to think that anything that has a katana in it is weeb, just because it also features western elements.

>Accusing someone of being a newfag
>Sit your ass down
Hello Raiddit

>This is like Capcom all of a sudden making MvC Infinite great.
Which is the first fighting game being made in house by Capcom in over 10 years. Along with having the same team that made Marvel Super Heroes and various other early Vs. fighting games for them.

>Ieyasu Tokugawa, not Nobunaga.

Shit you're right, it was the black dude that was made a samurai by Nobunaga.

Geralt you're not in Kaer Morhen anymore

Obviously the true reason Mitsuhide decided he had to die

Was Mitsuhide Sup Forums?

Maria can be parried and is very flimsy to the point where you can stunlock her the entire match. The only people who have trouble with her are those too scared to fight aggressively.

I'm kinda glad they got rid of the durability system because games almost never do it right. It's always done in 2 ways

>everything breaks super fast
>things take so long to break that thanks to repairs nothing ever breaks ever

You aren't a weeb when the shogun literally makes you a samurai.

Why, Yasuke was cool. I mean people liked Afro Samurai so don't pretend the audience isn't there.

I played and beat both demos, along with continuing with the extra missions in the beta, however I just checked now and I have no clue what happened to the mark of the conquerer from the first one. And it says mark of the strong in the screncap but once you open it the name changes to mark of the warrior.

I really disliked they removed the freeroam lock-on from the alpha on top of giving you way too much leniency with ki. Someone had said the succubus was like fighting Alma for the first time again and I got excited but she was very predictable and it was a bit of a letdown. Fighting the samurai in the field was excellent though.

He didn't die though, supposedly. By all accounts he most likely became a monk after Nobunaga died and just lived in a temple for the rest of his days.

I actually don't think it'll be shit. My biggest worry is the mobile/NRS look. It doesn't have a distinct artstyle. I am curious how they'll give depth to the game without assists though.

It really did come together perfectly. With Ki Pulse and the Ki stagger along with stuff like how lockon movement worked they somehow managed to create this perfect rendition of how samurai fought in old school movies, all sudden momentum and speed mixed with patient outmaneuvering. Of course we all know what happened to that, but the game keeps it's intricate combo, stance and skill systems.
>MvCI
I'm cautiously optimistic, the news that it's being made inhouse could mean it turns out well, but I want to know how the roster will be just as much as the mechanics. I know better than to hope for Monster Hunter and Fou Lu but at least they might have some others. Infinity stones sound interesting and if they make the tag stuff work as fluidly as assists it could be great.

In fairness, EVERY Capcom game looks like shit in the original release footage because that's not the final look of the game. Do you remember how SFV looked in its first video?

Please stop saying its anything like Ninja Gaiden combat. NG was much more fluid and satisying. The combat is closer to dark souls because you have a stamina guage and are punished for overextending

I honestly think working with Koei has been good for them. I've always thought Koei has some great ideas but shit execution and Tecmo's good at making stuff work but most of their ideas have been shit, and with this being their first proper full collaboration between Shibu's teams and TN it just proves the theory right.

SFV looked better in the reveal demo desu. Chun had a nice aerial spinning kick, the stage wasnt covered in shitty green fog. The colors were washed out somewhat but that was the main complaint.

>SFV looked better in the reveal demo desu.

No it fucking didn't, Ryu looked absolutely horrible and only halfway textured. He looked like he was made of clay.

The only conclusion I can reach is that people comparing it to Ninja Gaiden have never played Ninja Gaiden. I love NG and Nioh is the second ever game I'm going to preorder but they're not alike at all. The only real comparison you can draw is they both sit above the average on the difficulty scale.

In terms of button combos. Also its a little bit faster than souls but yeah you're right

>The only conclusion I can reach is that people comparing it to Ninja Gaiden have never played Ninja Gaiden.

I played the original NG trilogy, does that count?

Fuck those eagles

I didn't know Geralt had a brother.

Oh, yeah that I've seen a lot but her range and pressure seems to make up for it. Fun boss either way.
Actually they didn't break too fast at all considering different weapon types had more durability, you could carry two at once, and whetstones fixed both when used. I think this did it fine since while your damage was lowered, it was gradual and you were still able to fight on if both were damaged.
Oh, well now that I see what direction you're coming from we're probably in the same boat. The Beta was a step back in so many ways except for content, and the really disappointing thing is that some of the good changes it made (like getting Dodge Pulse off of low stance since it was op and unnecessary for it) are being reverted as well. I enjoyed Hino-enma though, but she still would've been better in Alpha.

>climb up ladder
>eagle
>kill it
>move a fraction to the left of the screen
>eagle respawns
>move a fraction to the right
>nothing
>make the jump
>eagle respawns again and knocks me out of the air and kills me

FUCK