So this is basically just a rhythm game, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_BQG4ttcPTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How is that a rhythm game?

only if you're a parrying baby

You press buttons

Please explain further.

Why would you not parry?
You have to time button presses to sounds.
A rhythm game that does not make.

But rhythm games are hard. You can make so many mistakes in DaS1 and still push through easily because of poise , dumb shit like the ring of favor 20% boosts and the fact bosses almost all let you get up and collect yourself. Oh also half way through 20 estus you can chug two at a time to tank a boss hit and be close to full life.

I felt so bad in full giant armor against Artorias because i could get 3 hits for every one he got because poise absorbed all his shit.

>You have to time button presses to sounds.

Or what?

you can make the game harder for yourself by wearing zero armor and not kindling bonfires. Think of kindling bonfires as a difficulty setting

FUCK DLC

You'll be punished.

what does kindling bonfires do? i never did it.

gives you more estus flasks to use

i should have used this a lot more

>Why would you not parry?
Its baby mode.
The games easy as fuck if all you have to do is wait to parry and 1 shot the enemy. Only "souls" game I parried in was bloodborne because it was a bit more balanced in that one.

>Gimping yourself

I judge a games difficulty based on the tools i find for myself on the first playthrough. I paid attention and that is what i found and only a few bosses tool more then 2 tries and most were down on the first try with no idea what they were capable of.

>A difficulty settings

Nah because that implies its not the same difficulty. I just used the tools it gave me. I could also play Ninja Gaiden Black with only the wooden sword no full paddle upgrade it doesn't mean the game is harder itself its just shooting myself in the foot.

Hell i didn't even have poise until after OnS to a legit degree.

>Those people who said Gwyn was harder without parrying

He can't even break through a +2 Art great shield. How the fuck is he hard? He also clearly has stamina and stops and half the time when you block goes for a high as fuck start up throw with a fair hitbox. Hes easy.

Even dodging around i could see his animations clear as day and nothing felt like it has a bs hitbox.

So the alternative is to wait for them to attack so you can attack back?

well thats the point of limiting yourself in dark souls. To challenge yourself. Did you really learn the bosses patterns if you just poised through the hits and chugged estus? No, you really didn't. Bloodborne taught players to play without poise and be more aggressive and to roll through enemy attacks. Try playing Dark Souls again but play it like how you would play Bloodborne

Gwyn was not supposed to be hard, he is easier than King Allant.

I didn't even mention gwyn.
The game in general is just easy with parrying.
Just timing a single button press instantly stops every attack and makes the enemy fall on their ass waiting on you to 1 shot them

no, its attacking first with actual skill.
People seem to think das is such a slow game but thats really just them being shit.

Just accept Dark Souls is overrated garbage, it's the same shitty grinding jrpg as any other, only with more annoyance.

Is levelling up also casual?

accept you dont have to grind at all in the game but ok

>Implying i didn't learn their patterns despite it

I'm just saying having poise made the times i did get hit easier. 99% of the time i dodged/used a great Artorias shield and the first 2/3rds of the game i didn't have the giants armor.

BB is my favorite in the series because its challenge doesn't come from limiting yourself. Bosses atleast the hard ones are aggressive and force you to learn.

I could list every boss in DaS1 and how i adapted to their pattern. They aren't hard at all for a non gimp run. But to answer you i did approach it how i approached Bloodborne. I looked at my tools and used them the way i wanted to.

In BB i used two handed trick weapons and got punishes well playing passively. In DaS1 i used a shield dodged around and made sure to have poise as back up to avoid stun locks. In DaS2 because poise is so low i did the first two. In DaS3 i used a big two handed weapon and played BB basically.

BB besides Ludwig Orphan and Laurence was second easiest for me after DaS1. Well DaS2s harder DLC bosses were the hardest for me.

BB and DaS3 play like slow action games which i work with very well. DaS1 was just very easy because its fair as fuck and so there is usually no bullshit to get used to. DaS2 is punishing because of a harder to get off heal system and bosses having big life pools.

I don't have to accept anything from you, faggot.

In that case it's a rythm game.

Or what, do you find it enjoyable to roll and pinch the boss' butt until it dies for three hours?

Only if its vit.
No of course its fucking not, but it is casual to walk around everyone with your shield up waiting for enemies to stun themselves on it.

>Enemies have poor AI and can't do jack shit about shields
>Its your fault stop using that.

DaS2 did so many shitty things but i praise shit like the NPC characters near that shitty Manus shard that would try to break your shield guard if you held it in front of them.

theres enough enemies that'll knock down shields that they aren't casual in themselves, but the generic playstyle of locking on and holding l1 until the enemy is stunned is casual as fuck. Those people are the same people who summon and use guides.

again using a shield is an option. It is your fault and only your fault for using it. FromSoftware fixed this design problem by having no shields in Bloodborne

>Design problem

I had no issue adapting to BB. I use what works in games i play mechanically. I enjoyed BB far more though

Eh if the enemy was too fast or would punish me otherwise for using a huge strength weapon i saw no issue with it. But then again i'm probably not the degree with person doing that you're describing. Because most people doing that are legit scared of letting down their shields.

You're a hypocrite.

It is a design problem because it showed players the easy way out of getting hit by just putting a shield up. When bloodborne took away shields it opened up a huge horizon of playstyles in the previous games

Time buttons to sound? What the fuck are you even talking about?

your r a dumfuck fuk u asswhole
Seriously though, I don't see the hypocrasy. Blocking with a shield is fine, blocking passivley as you wait on every motherfucker to come kill themself is not.

You either think using the game mechanics that alleviate difficulty are good or bad. Don't pick and choose.
You hit when they move.

Ok but dodging an attack isnt pressing a button corrosponding with a sound

I forgot to clarify on parrying. Parrying is also fine in moderation but there are way to many "souls fans" who practice parrying for hours so they can kill everything in one hit and never encounter difficulty.
parrying or blocking everything is bad. Parrying or blocking an occasional attack is fine, but are often used by casuals to cheese the games.
In other words, when you block or parry an attack it doesn't trivialize the game, but when you play the waiting game with 100% shields or do nothing but parry the whole game becomes easy as shit. Its like if you went to the first grass in pokemon and grinded your starter to level 50 before the first gym.

>You have to press the shoot button exactly when the enemy it in your sights so fps' are guitar hero like every game that involves timing is
Were you so eager to show how retarded you are you needed to make a thread about it?

Not rhythm but memory game yes

Does it make you feel better to use ableist slurs against people who are smarter than you?

Lmao i see now, youre just pretending to be retarded

>bloodborne parrying
>balanced

Fucking kek

youtube.com/watch?v=_BQG4ttcPTw

the parry is still powerful but its balanced in that your only alternative is dodging, which is sometimes inconvenient. It also has limited uses based on ammo and needs to be aimed and timed better because of bullet travel times.

you have to jump when you hear a bullet bill being fired in super mario world, or you'll be punished

>needs to be aimed and timed better because of bullet travel times.

Except it doesn't. I'm literal shit at parrying in every DS game but BB's parry window is so much easier to guess and it's longer. The most broken part is that you can parry from a distance which reduces the consequences of failing a parry massively. In DS games, you fail a parry and at best, you get a partial parry which reduces the damage taken but in BB you can just spam the gun and just blindly hope for a parry and still get it.

t. a guy who beat Logarius with that exact strategy

If you have to set limits on yourself its a shit game. DaS players BTFO once again

It blows my mind that was after so many Souls games, From is still so incompetent that they can't fix their AI so shit like this doesn't happen.

there is no way to encounter difficulty in any souls game after your first few runs unless you're a special kind of normie

Well you aren't wrong. Still, I justify parrying in bloodborne because without it the game is 10x harder than any dark souls game.
See Logarius, that asshole is fucking insane and hes the games Priscilla equivalent.

what the fuck are you talking about
parrying won't even help you on any boss other than gwyn
and half the regular enemies can't be parried
parrying is only useful on like silver knights and darkwraiths
>blocking is bad
>using a shield trivializes the game
what the fuck kind of elitist are you?
how about this? upgrading your weapon to kill bosses faster, or even using a weapon in the first place, is cheesing the game so you can kill everything without encountering difficulty
what the fuck is wrong with you

while I despise from as a company, that video isn't really an AI problem. That exploit would never happen unless you watched the video and purposely replicated it.

But it is an AI problem. It's not exclusive to just Orphan. You can do that with Maria, Gehrman, and almost every parryable boss. Basically bait that one attack you can parry and once you do a visceral, do a couple R1 and the enemy will do the same attack that can be parried and you rinse and repeat.

This shit shouldn't be hard to avoid. If someone is obviously parry baiting, the boss AI should at least be intelligent enough to switch to an attack that can't be parried to get some distance from the player.

as I thought I made clear, using a shield doesnt trivialize the game, but turtle tactics do. If you need to block an occasional attack thats fine, if you walk up to everyone waiting on them to bounce off of you, you're a dirty fucking casual and should probably take up angry birds instead.

Difficulty alone doesn't make a game good.
I don't play games for button music.

ah, i see.
I've never encountered it before because thats not my playstyle, and bloodborne casuals aren't as common as dark souls ones are.

so you are a sad elitist disappointed that not everyone is as good at videogames as you