Why do FPS games like Overwatch get boring after repeated playtime even though there's different maps while MOBAs with...

Why do FPS games like Overwatch get boring after repeated playtime even though there's different maps while MOBAs with one map never get boring?

100+ characters with items vs
23 characters

because the way you play can be very different each time you play, even when you pick the same character

if you pick widow, guess what you're doing this round?

sniping

if you pick bastion guess what you're doing this round?

losing

mobas aren't as stale

idk
hasn't gotten boring for me

mobas get boring after a single game as well

im getting tired of 'competetive' games where you have to rely on other people, i want back to the SC glory days

>MOBAs
>not boring
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why does CS:GO seem to have better player retention than OW then?

There has to be more factors than just variety

>Dowland Dota2
>All characters already unlocked, wtf
>Uninstall it because I already completed the game

Because in a Moba even if you have two thousand hours played no two games ever feel the same. At least that's the case for Dota 2.

but overwatch is going healthy as ever?

i guess this is bait but honestly mobas do get boring
thank you for reading my post

but fps games don't get boring to me.

Because good game and level design > shitty shallow gameplay and shitty map design with pretty visuals.

youre a little older/mature probably

overwatch is targeted at little kids and horny manchildren

No problem, thanks for reading mine

؜[/spoiler

user, I think you mean why do unoriginal games get boring

First time on Sup Forums? In here, you must hate
>blizzard
>everything that's popular
>blizzard

CS has a higher skill ceiling

I don't want to make another OW thread so here I am. Post your rank, top 3 most played, and who you think should get a buff/nerf.

>3113
>Genji, Tracer, Reinhardt
>Nerf that annoying faggot soldier
>Nerf Ana's grenade. 3 tank meta is boring.
>Buff Mercy she's garbage-tier
>Fuck scatter arrow
[/spoiler]>Nerf Junkrat's damage after his grenades bounce

I play Smite and Overwatch. And before anyone asks, I main Amaterasu.

who?

overwatch barely has more than 1 map desu

This. There's a point in ow where you cannot win consistantly unless you have a premade team

Shouldve bought Siege family

You fell for thw blizzard meme

>That bottom pic

Wow. Someone finally made blueberry look natural in her normal human skin color.

CS:GO did not hit its popularity height until after skins were added into the game.

I literally played Beta-2015 off and on and at launch the game was a graveyard that was so unpopular with the CS community it was struggling to hit 40k players daily.

Valve adds in skins and suddenly the game doubles in players in a single month when it had been out for MONTHS with no growth what soever.

>But OW has skins

Yes but you do not have the chance as a player of turning a several hundred dollar profit off of getting a legendary Widowmaker skin whereas in CS if you get a yellow and black stripped knife you make 300+ bucks.

So TL;DR CS is popular because its a gambling addiction slot machine simulator and OW is just a dinky attempt at a Blizzard team shooter MOBA hybrid

>look natural in her normal human skin color
>French
>White
Lol

Sorry, I don't comprehend your memes. Perhaps if you write in English, I'll understand.

You realize there is a general dedicated to Overwatch on /vg/? Go there, they need some actual content other than rants and waifu posting.

Say what you want, but mobas and csgo have a lot of depth.
Over watch doesn't have that much depth.

How does League of Babies have depth?

Imagine you're playing Soldier. You walk through badlands, and see another soldier rocketjump from your spawn to the enemy spire. You just saw the 2nd slowest class cross and enormous amount of distance in less than 5 seconds, but you can't do it.

So you learn how to. Each time you play, you try to rocketjump, and you get better at it. Sometimes you find yourself too lit to battle or rocketjump any further, so you learn how to use the gunboats efficiently and not depend on the shotgun. Then you find yourself constantly low on ammo because of how much you rocketjump, so you learn ammo management.

After all this, you find yourself not consistently hitting rockets on the enemy as much as you need to to progress. So you find an MGE server and you learn how to DM. After doing that, you need to become fluent in these skills, practicing rocketjumping and DM'ing when you have time. Over time, you become a better soldier than you once were.

In Overwatch, you press Lshift

what's depth measured with anyway

Imagine getting dev support and new content all the time. Imagine not being dead.

Now imagine TF2

Why is she a blueberry anyway? I understand that she was brainwashed or something, but how did that turn her blue?

What is DM

Amaterasu, Shinto sun goddess

that's videogames in general senpai

With a ruler

Here comes the Blizz defense force. Criticize their shit game and they immediately go full damage control.
DMing(deathmatching) means how well you can take/dodge damage and how well you can kill enemies. While TF2 is an objective driven game, you can't win with 0 kills, so DMing is still an important skill to learn.

>damage control
epic
stay ded

The only thing dead here is your chance of getting laid while you play your Press Q simulator, kiddo.

Some stupid shit about artificially lowering her heart rate to the bare minimum needed to live so that she'd be the perfect sniper.

But literally everyone cheats in cs go now.

Hell my roomate just started spending 30 bucks a month for specialized cheats

imagine being able to make custom game modes and maps for the game. imagine being able to make money off of the game and being able to trade to get what you want so you aren't relying on RNG to get that skin you really want.

>I'm the guy that calls everyone a cheater

what kind of cheats can you buy?

Normal berry is best berry.

>MOBAs never get boring
oh man i got bored of them already ages ago, still not bored of FPS.

The cheating variant.

overwatch has no variables

every game plays exactly the same on every mode

He does accuse everyone of cheating

He pays for wall hacks and triggers for dumb shit. I feel like he is getting ripped off desu, but the way he was talking about it really felt like when people talk about working out and how EVERYONE is juicing

But counter strike was plenty popular before that already

The problem was that csgo was just another version that inhibited part of the community

Regardless, I think a big part of what made csgo popular is mm. Hell, it's the only reason I started playing it in favor of tf2.

Even if it's filled to the brim with cheaters at this point, it still just works to an extent. I've barely ever had any fun playing casual, but mm just hits all the right spots. It's how cs is at its best.

no i mean who asked you

>until after skins were added into the game.
Which came with huge updates to the game along with getting pro teams to switch over. Do you really think tens of thousands of people started playing a game they hated because they could get - at the time - worthless cosmetics in it?

*inhabited

incredible
truly an argument from the kindergarten

imagine
being
a
dead
game

See, the problem is that you're doing what some people did with wow.

Just because you make a game like WoW, it doesn't mean you will replicate the success of WoW.

Overwatch was a flash in the pan. There are many issues that cause it to lose players and have a hard time bringing them back but mainly it's the fault of Kaplan and him being unable to pick a direction for the game.

32K current 72K peak today, that seems pretty decent for a 10 year old game. i would compare that to overwatches numbers but they tend to keep those secret outside of X ammount of unique players have played which doesn't really mean shit considering you could say millions of unique players played CoD ghost and it's be just as true.

slavs, furries and bronies don't count as humans, senpai
admit it, it's dead, the only people playing it have autism or are too poor to buy cs:go

that's quite the childish argument for someone who in their previous post called out someone on having a childish argument.

In a lot of images such as yours, she looks off. OP's somehow made her seem perfect.

She's fine.

but it's true

lol ure a virgin ecksdee however is childish

Moba's change their characters and shit a lot while having a shitload of characters, while also lasting upwards of an hour per game. Key point being each game can last upwards to an hour if not more more often than not.

and are still more fucking boring than oborewatch.

OPs pic doesn't have her helmet thing, revealing her forehead and some hair

Also her suit was made green instead of blue

Jesus fucking christ. Welcome to planet earth, I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Weird how soldier 76 can rocket jump to places he is unable to get to otherwise but you used Phara as a comparison.

Mechanically speaking Overwatch is extremely limited, but there's other factors like bad map design. I still play Q3 to this very day because the skill cap is much higher than any other FPS game.

Because you're a fucking autist who prefers to do the same thing over and over again, but you're in denial about being an autist

It's the helmet and color scheme, bro. They're normally tailored to the blueberry skin and lazy fucks just leave them as is, making it look out of place.

it's a fallacy used cause you have no argument and are bashing the game based on emotions, there's plenty to bash but the game being dead isn't one of them.

MOBAs are always boring. Get out of here

shes blue because daba dee daba dai

Because they're good games that let you be good.

You can't be good at overwatch. Everyone is forced to be average.

>waifu posting.
>The husbando still looks better
If I want a waifu FPS game, I'd play Paladins. It barely has any huggable husbandos anyway

apparently you haven't see her huntress skin

So basically she's in a constant state of hypoxia? I'm assuming that either her skin color reverts when she moves due to an increased heart rate, or that you can't move with her since that would cause her to die.

It's fun as fuck to rice your favorite heroes and think of new strats. Also, because everything is so interconnected even smaller gameplay patches can affect how games are played.

This is the strength of mobas in general, but also makes them tricky to get into.

I know, it's fucking retarded. I guess the idea was that snipers hold their breath to increase accuracy and low metabolic rates would be mean a slower breathing rate. Also the idea of her being "cold blooded" to go with the killer shtick.

>Do you really think tens of thousands of people started playing a game they hated because they could get - at the time - worthless cosmetics in it?
Sure, why not. It's a carrot on a stick and most gamers are brain-dead. They'll happily buy DLC, season passes and micro-transactions.

>Genji
Confirmed cancer.

because games weren't made to be played for a long time. nerd

Fuck your shit OP, the only MOBA worth a damn was Demigod and that's in no small part due to it having a bunch of different maps to play on.

i agree with your suggested nerfs and buffs. junkrat is stupid OP, roadhogs hooks still travels dimensions and hook me from other galaxies so fix that gay hook too

>stay ded
>implying everyone who dislikes overwatch is a salted tf2fag

he made the comparison because pharah is the closest you get to soldier in overwatch, even if you do compare it soldier jumping in overwatch is extremely limited because your rockets are on cooldown. in TF2 rocket jumping is a huge part of playing soldier because without it he's so slow he wouldn't be very useful in an initial fight, in overwatch the advantages you get from doing a soldier jump isn't very big and doesn't change up his play style at all.

Pick up and learn a fighting game then. That's as honest 1v1 as you can get.

>constantly buffing people who I consider op
>never buff people I play
>all my friends are terrible
>when I play solo I get matched with people 200 ranks higher and much better than me
>1 shitty blue in every damn box

thats pretty much why I stopped playing

Because OW is shit

>implying the subject isn't tf2

Heroes fall in and out of meta, and the meta can be cancerous as FUCK in OW with people wanting you to pick and play certain ways. In CSGO, its just all aim and mild in game tactics. Also CSGO has a ton of community maps.

If you fucking LOVE Hanzo, but are like a 2500 player, you will get flamed super hard till you switch. Or you are forced to ignore them and probably get reported for not following the community guidelines for a healthy comp environment

Neo Sup Forums is really the normie general, holy shit.

do you actually get in trouble by gms for this kind of stuff?

>tens of thousands of people started playing a game they hated because they could get - at the time - worthless cosmetics in it?
>literal muh false dichotomy

You stupid ass dumb cuck. People who hated the game didn't started playing. People, more specifically casuals, that were neutral or liked it a bit but not enough to play it instead of whatever else game saw that as a good enough reason to pick up CSGO.

How is it normie?

People buy DLC and season passes for games they were going to get regardless, you moron. They don't buy the games because they have fucking DLC. If the industry worked by that logic then Evolve would be the most popular game in existence.

what is the op in tf2? curious