Tales of Berseria

Are you still getting the game even with the censorship?

No.

Not buying it. If an uncensored mod comes for the PC version I'll pirate it.

>Some opening story scene got changed

Don't give a shit. I'll just remember the Japanese scene happening in my head.

I already own the Japanese version and never planned to buy a second copy.

If they release an official uncensor patch on Steam I will do that though. Just have to support that.

Will they do it?

Of course

No.

Of course not, it's just damage control.

I'll be passing on the game, unless I find a copy down the line at some complete bargain-bin price (sub $20).

It's not a game I'd be willing to import and muddle through in Japanese, and I'm not willing to support censorship and the continued adherence to arbitrary rating systems.

Yes but I'll pirate it instead.

Maybe pirate? They need to know they can't keep doing this shit man.

This censorship isn't that bad imo. On one hand you see a kid get stabbed. On the other you see a lengthier cutscene filled with magic and magic circles. At least they put effort into the change that still somewhat keeps in the in-game universe.

No, but I probably wasn't going to get it any time soon before I knew about this either.

If they do I'll buy it. It'll be the true test to whether they actually give a shit. Otherwise pirating it.

waboo """AAA""" games are only good for pirating

No.
People brush it off as a small thing but it shows that the localization team doesn't care about the original game and will butcher it as they please.
I consider it an insult to our intelligence.

That's what people said about Persona 5 dual audio..

You know they're not going to. But I'd buy it if they did actually have the balls.

No Japanese PC version exists so that is incredibly unlikely.

What else is getting changed/censored?

This. At least they didn't just have Artorius kicking Laphicet into the pit

Nothing else apparently

>continued adherence to arbitrary rating systems
This. A rating board should never have influence on your game.
Shooting for a specific rating is one of the dumbest things in this industry.

Just get your game rated and release it with whatever rating it got.

>US version also censored because Yuropoors can't handle violence
Thanks you fucking cucks.

Countless violent games have been released in Europe.
This is just some dumb choice that Scamco made.

Wait, EOPs are getting screwed again?

Great, what they change?

>Fans wont buy the only game that bamco tried hard to make good.
Trying to lower ESRB rating so they can get more sales in a series that already sells like shit is a good idea, the fans backstabing will only make a good game flop and a good series die imo.

>a game rated 12 and up in Japan has to be censored in the EU or it would reach PEGI 18
Really makes you think.

>the censorship isn't that bad
>the censorship isn't that bad
>the censorship

man, fuck you with a million dragon dildoes.

seriously, this is already niche enough, why would they censor this shit? for fucks sake, I want this series to be successful, but I can't buy this shit like that, I can't justify paying full price for a butchered game.

I doubt that.

The sexy brown loli will obviously get censored.

This game is FULL of deaths and killing scenes, if you think this is the only thing that isn't changed, you are very naive.

Fuck Tales.

>EU version also censored because Amerifats can't handle anything even slightly sexual
Thanks you fucking cucks.

>This game is FULL of deaths and killing scenes
Not of children

>using meme arrows on facebook

Who of you is Jose?

>the way the character dies is important to the plot
>lol lets change it so he isn't even stabbed fuck the plot
Bravo

?
Nothing regarding the outfits was censored.

I'm still planning on getting it at the moment, but it does make me wonder what else could be changed from the nip version.

Whoever is running this tales of account is a fucking fag who can't stop posting his faggot normalfags emotes.

This so much. It's time for payback.

Fells bad, doesn't it?

Not him but I think this specific instance has been handled better than others.
The original scene supposedly wouldn't pass rating so they remade the scene to make it pass.
Note that they actually remade it.

Compare that to Nintendo:
Did they remake the head patting mini-game?
No they cut it.

Did they remake the XCX costumes?
Nope, they slapped black textures underneath them or stretched them out.

I disagree with censorship and I'm as unhappy about this as anyone, but at the very least this change was made with effort and they've given the western copy something other than a big black censor block.
It could have been worse.
They claim this is the only change also.

>watch japan cutscene for couple mins
>play game and skip the cutscene
>profit????

The kid stabbing is the only thing censored and only off brutal thing because of rating.

Not really that big of a deal

Maybe we supposedly to never get this game in the west like Innocence and Rebirth

>its a you can tell how much they altered the dialogue in the localized version if you are playing with japanese voices episode

Reaching NISA level here, Namco.

If you want this game to be successful then you want this censorship. Most censorship or localization for the west is meant to make a game more successful or at least more accessible.

Of course it's stupid because people who weren't going to play it still won't play it and those who wanted to play it are pissed.

>Tales threads will now be ruined by Censorfags
I miss Vesperiafags

No. I was super excited for this game since I felt it was Tales finally getting good again after a bunch of shit games. Now the series is dead to me. Fuck it. I'm sick of this shit. And the faggots saying this change means nothing, you should stick to Tetris. Clearly you are mentally retarded.

I would like to learn Japanese, but I don't have that much free time for that and want to spend it doing more important things. Like a life.

not a chance
from head patting to child stabbing to NISA, just the whole thing, to the entirety of german and australian localization, censorshit won't get a red cent out of me

>Xillia censored
>No one cares

>Berseria censored
>People losing their minds

Really makes you think

>Kor Meteor

Considering I know actually happens it doesn't impact the story for me. And I spent over 100 hours in zesty so... Yeah, I'll be getting it and enjoying it.

>nothing else is censored!
Bull fucking shit. Maybe no costumes are censored, maybe no scenes are reanimated or obscured or anything, but no fucking way is the translation going to keep the /ss/ relationship. Get ready for rewrites.

The series is dead to you cause one scene got changed in the western version? Some of you are fucking retarded.

I really don't care how good of a job they do censoring something, the fact that it is censored bothers me.

Like I could argue about how stupid the change is and how bad it looks and how it makes the scene nonsensical and ruins seversl conversations and later psrsllels, but I don't even want to acknowledge that. The fact that it is censored at all is enough to piss me off and the details do not matter.

People have awoke.
Even the normies on the Steam forums are pissed now.

Another bullshit localization. Im so fucking tired of these cucks pandering to soccer mom for literally no reason.

>we want a wider audience
>we want le normalfags audience that don't even play these kind of game in the first place

>Of course it's stupid
They know.

About how Berseria is good and Xillia wasn't? Yeah, totally.

Sure

time has changed
Everytime

If anything it's a fucking terrible change. One of the major story elements is that at the end of the game Velvet kills the same dude with the same sword in the same way, but that'll be completely lost now since he just used magic to kill the kid.

Xillia was bad, Berseria wasnt until recently

Do people legitimately care about censorship, or is this just a meme? Sure, it seems odd to censor the scene that way, but does it really matter?

Don't get me wrong I'm with you about disliking it but I still think there are degrees to censorship and I'm put at ease just a little when the company actually puts some effort into the changes.

Take Senran Kagura EV for example. The box art was inappropriate for North American stores because it featured anime girls in bikinis with big boobs.
So they had the game's artist create a brand new piece of artwork just for that box cover, where the girls are wearing two bikinis to cover more skin.
It's a little effort, I appreciate it.

The people who censor with no effort at all and just butcher the games they touch are what piss me off more than anything.
Though again, my ideal situation is no censorship at all.

No on knew Xillia was censored before release.

Bandai Namco is likely using this situation and things like announcing the God Eater changes to help inform their decisions for future releases.

Ultimately, this Tales will likely see similar sales as other recent entries, and the company will just continue to make changes to retain their desired international rating.

>producer say nothing will be censored
>game get censored

Hmmmmm.

CANCEL YOUR PREORDERS

It's slippery slope is all. We think censorship will continue to spread its retardation. Which it sure feels like it but honestly censorship has been around all the time when games come to the west from japan.

Shit, you're right. Someone ask them about this on their twitter/facebook.

It matters because every single game that comes over from Japan it's always the same shit.
If this happened once every 20 years for a very specific thing then I'd somewhat agree with you.

>This game is FULL of deaths and killing scenes

Tell me, by FULL do you mean FULL of death of childrens and childrens killing scenes?

No just sad that the threads until the game is out will be flooded with this. The sales won't even be affected majority of people still buy the games. FE Fates got fucked hard with censorship and it ended up being best selling.

censor or drm - dead game

Yeah, they'll sure answer your question about sexual shota relationships seriously.

Most likely they censored more stuff. Ill wait for now.

I will buy it in spite of retards as you.
Not even a Tales of fan.

kill yourself

I dunno. Does it still have /ss/?

Why do Amerilards get so triggered over Japanese games? I don't understand how can game like Doom or the multiple Lara Croft gorey dead scene get a pass but anime tiddies and anime violence is just too much.

Because people who play Doom are mature adult and people who play anime games are kids? Is this what Amerilards seriously think?

>God Eater

I think they even used the same excuse

So, you guys keep bitching and moaning but can somebody provide a list of differences?

If its just that one kill scene I'm down for a purchase, anything other than that though and I probably won't

Yeah, probably.

Not really phased about not being able to see a kid get stabbed by some dude.

Is this game confirmed to be better than Zesteria? Because that's the only Tales game I stopped playing because of how fucking bad it is.

This is Europe's fault you cuck

I can almost see her tits.

Delete this right now.

No, but rather because I don't have a PS4 or a semi-competent gaming PC. Though unlike usual this censor actually does bother me because it changes what is supposed to be an actually impactful scene.

I may actually import a JP version and then pirate the PC version and hope for an uncensor somehow. Fuck America. The whole magic thing not only completely ruins the mood it's supposed to set, but also ruins the ending as well.

Just wait and see.

He was talking about Velvet's revealing outfit when he said that.
It was necessary to say because there's a concern about sexy costumes in games right now since the liberal press has a big problem with women being shown in immodest clothing.
This is a different matter, they're pandering to the conservatives with this change. Traditional mothers were concerned that this game didn't have enough occultism in the game so they added a child sacrifice to Satan.
Just follow the numbers. It all makes sense.

>This is the only scene which has been altered from the Japanese version of the game. Everything else is exactly the same as the Japanese version including costume designs which you will be able to see for yourself once we release the demo on January 10th.

Like I keep on saying.

Murder and killing is fair game in the West. As long as it ISN'T done to a child.

I believe them when they say this is the only one that changed. It was impossible not to.

It's Europe this time. Although the rest of us in 欧米 are still fucked.

I think it's because Japanese games go through localizers who have t ruin gmaes in order to prove that they're doing something.

Scamco should go and fuck themselves

>I don't understand how can game like Doom or the multiple Lara Croft gorey dead

Try a different analogy. Those are M rated games. This is the Tales series which has never been higher than T.

i want to fuck edgy-chan!

>He was talking about Velvet's revealing outfit when he said that.
He was, but he literally said 'I believe that those who support the Tales Of series like to have exactly the same content as the Japanese version. We believe it’s ideal and the best option to bring exactly the same game experience and design to the western countries.'
Regardless of whether he was initially discussing outfits, that is a statement about far more than just the costume.

You won't get any.

People here will keep saying, "just wait and see". THen when it comes out and only this was really the one changed, you'll see them saying "I wuz just cautioning everybody by letting no one by it bro because of one scene. Not my fault that they were actually telling the truth."

The JP box art for the original release of SK:EV doesn't feature bikinis; it's a head-to-chest image of Asuka and Yumi. So while, yes, apparently the ESRB found the JP image to be inappropriate, it doesn't make any sense that the newly commissioned US artwork would feature the characters in bikinis--communications clearly got fucked somewhere along the line, so they ended up adding more fabric to the bikinis. In the end, it's a horrible fucking cover, and a shitty way to treat the US consumer, when Marvelous UK also wouldn't allow US consumers to purchase their special editions.

>I believe them when they say this is the only one that changed.

I believe them too. They wouldn't have had make a direct statement like that if they did more changes. They would've been more vague with their answer.

Don't listen to Scamco's lies, they're in damage control mode

I'll hold them to it. It's great that they responded.

I hope they will censor skits that contain lewds implication.

We can't have this in the current years certainly not when there is a shota in the party UGH