What videogames feature cryptids in them? How come American cryptids are so underused compared to European ones?

What videogames feature cryptids in them? How come American cryptids are so underused compared to European ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Chemtrail
creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Skinwalker
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:American_Mythology_and_Popular_Culture
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SMT has stuff like Mothman and Wendigo

Doesn't it also have a demon based off the chemtrails conspiracy?

>only thing near me has "haha" in the name
Okay.

>tfw no XCOM-lite cryptid/SCP hunting game
>tfw no cryptid hunting simulator

>all those Nessie wannabes

>Mexico has only the chupacabras in that picture
You either do your job well, or you don't draw a half assed picture.

European cryptids bled into the kind of franchises that inspired pen & paper wargames and RPGs that in turn inspired a lot of the original video game developers.

I wonder how its eggs smell like..

someone get to Michigan right now AND CAPTURE THE RAREST PEPE

Because american folk lore is fucking retarded.

>How come American cryptids are so underused compared to European ones?
American crypids are just lazy knockoffs of Euro ones. You guys have like 10 donut steel versions of loch ness monsters and half a dozen yetis.
Mothman, wendigos and the jersey devil are the only things even close to original that you have.

Also Chupacabras are lame.

>Loveland frog in michigan

There are a few cryptids in Red Dead's Undead Nightmare expansion. That's probably the best you'll get right now.

Castlevania has a few. In DoS you had to get creative for them to even appear.

that would be great, but I bet half of all cryptids are copyrighted and SCP would probably do the same.

there is supposedly good money to be made from local legends, which is why the guy who made slenderman had him copyrighted and actively enforces it.

It would be fine trying to make mechanical differences between all the bigfoot and nessie clones.

Yes.
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Chemtrail

>oklahoma octopus

I've never heard of this once in my life and all our lakes are man-made....

>show pope lick in alabama
shit map

What a great design. What other american demons does SMT have?

HAHA LE EPIC PEPE

It's in ohio you dipstick

>skinwalker
Fucking Christ shit is hilarious

Skinwalkers are just humans using dark magic though.

>Step lightly on his back
>breaks in half

scary

isnt that shit from a movie? i swear i saw like a gif of something like that crawling onto a road and it was just from some b horror movie from like 1980

Whoever made the map was probably from /x/, or alternatively reddit who devoured the second hand shit from /x/.

This is because /x/ was known to post that gif of alien-form Sam from the film Xtro to describe skinwalkers or even claim the creature was a skinwalker.

You're thinking of the old native american skinwalkers.
The new skinwalkers are beasts who kill humans and then take on their appearance to infiltrate human society.

fuck that's probably what i was thinking of then

>Sup Forums leaking into /x/
Shit is attracted to shit after all

Yeah it is, some shit film

1982 British sci-fi film Xtro. It's a cult classic. If you want to see a woman give birth to a full grown man and another woman turned into a vaginal cocoon that births eggs you might like the film.

Because NA cryptids are shit?

>Bigfoot clone to advertise flyover shithole
>Loch Ness Monster clone to advertise flyover shithole
>300 year old clone of contemporary demons to advertise boataround colonies

There's probably some good shit you could pull out of Indigenous People's mythologies, but the only one that people are even likely to recognize is the Thunderbird.

For what it's worth, Black Watchmen has a lot of cryptid hunting. It's not a traditional video game in a lot of ways, but it's a fucking blast anyway.

New skinwalkers appeared years before Sup Forums's power level went out of control.

For fuck's sake it was a black guy who wrote the trend starting story.

Not that a newfag like you would know.

>Sup Forums leaking into /x/
>Shit is attracted to shit after all

Jesus christ, take your meds buddy.

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Skinwalker

>no flatwoods monster

also Majora's Mask

Hopkinsville goblin reporting.

And wendigos are basically just native american liches.

>Sup Forums's power level
That's a funny way to say "stink lines"
And no, the whole "take the shape of humans to infiltrate society" is taken directly from the "reptilian" meme which in turn derives directly from the demonization of jews by far-right groups trying to find a way to push their crap past the radar

I miss when /x/ wasn't shit

Is that onion thing meant to be a cowl or is it's head shaped like that? It seems when japs put them in games they make the whole head that shape (like Them in Majoras mask or scientist alien from Wonderful 101)

>Champ
who is Champ??

The fuck

They're nothing like liches

see

>"take the shape of humans to infiltrate society" is taken directly from the "reptilian" meme

lol wut. Skinwalkers are mindless animals, reptilians are alien invaders, it's not even slightly similar.

Lake Champlain monster.

It says it's supposed to be a sort of cowl but I think it varies on the interpretation

>Man starts eating people
>Becomes skinny and starved looking; develops predator features.
>Achieves immense magical powers

Sounds like a Lich to me.

You are in denial or have drank Sup Forumskool-aid

Take your meds.

Until Dawn has wendigos

Apparently a lot of people drown in your man-made lakes, especially lake thunderbird. The sightings and claims are really scarce though, more so than most cryptids.

Reptillians are more of an /x/ meme made fun of on Sup Forums. All of it originated with David Icke though, who started spouting shit about them after the popular series V aired (Which was about reptilian aliens infiltrating society).

haha do you think it laid eggs when it lived? haha that would be.. funny haha

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just pretending to be retarded.

And the V series is a """"metaphor""""" (quotation as it is not subtle at all and you must be mentally challenged to not see it immediately) on "how jews are hiding among us and destroying our country from the inside, hurr durr"

No I don't think even Sup Forums believes that V was about that. They Live is more of a representation of that sort of thing.

In V the Reptilians first presented themselves as aliens, although identical to humans. They merely mask their true form to not scare humans because they want them to believe they've come in peace.

David Icke just went nuts and started mixing the idea from the show with the Book chariot of the gods to form his bizarre conspiracies about a Reptilian race that enslaved Grey aliens.

>Wendigo
>Immense magical powers

I mean unless you mean hovering slightly off the ground

Literally the only thing close to a popular depiction of a lich is that last one, you culturally-ignorant swine. You MIGHT be thinking of the closest thing, that being most fantasy depictions of the Arabic ghul.

The Jersey Devil is in Wolf Among Us

Quebec also have plenty of loup garou / werewolf legends dating from 17th century France.

ayyyyy

Fucking europeans

they can hover?
I thought they're resistant to almost everything and pretty fucking fast
or am I just thinking of Supernatural

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:American_Mythology_and_Popular_Culture
SMT is the GOAT occult franchise

>tfw Pope lick monster
Lick the pope?

How come Coldsteel the Hedgeheg is so underused in the Sonic franchise?

They have supernatural powers. The specifics are based on the various legends the east coast natives but they can do supernatural things like control the cold.

Point being, they aren't big deer headed yeti monsters that claw your shit up, they're practically undead mages.

A lich is an undead sorcerer, A Wendigo isn't that different.

People would use Bigfoot more if he wasn't a joke.

Only good ones are the Jersey Devil, Dover Demon and Skinwalker

The rest are shit tier Nessie rip offs and muh -man

>Shit is attracted to shit after all
No it's not

In the actual myths they have no feet

He's now a jack links shill icon.

>11 fucking lake snakes
How fucking original lardasses

Erf snek is good pretender tho

>How come American cryptids are so underused compared to European ones?
They are? The only European cryptid I can think of is Nessie.

yeah i was wondering why the guy has drawn a skinwalker as the alien from xtro

I'd also like to know which european cryptids show up frequently in games

You'd be surprised how many people the world over swear they've seen a large monster in their nearby lake.

>No Rugaru in Lousiana

Fuck off

>live right next to Lake Worth
>literally never heard of a monster

??? Why does a fucking monkey live in my lake

Realllllly wanted this little fucking gremlin bro to have cryptid evolution paths.

Also don't wannt post any more Deviantart tier shit but there's totally people shipping Mothman with Flatwoods Monster.

The VVitcher is being developed by rocksteady senpai

Mythological monsters also count as cryptids if there is some level of sighting or claims on record.

Certain dragons count, like the Shaggy Beast. There is also that french hound.

It's a goat man that attacked people and it even has a photo taken of it when it first showed up in the 70s.

Canucks have more.
Just shows how Canadians are creatively bankrupt.

The what now?

Reminder Dogman is real. Look up Dogman Encounters Radio for 100+ episodes of witness testimony of sightings. One of the most recemt ones was about a man driving his vehicle at night, and a Dogman essentially chasing, and eventually starts paralleling is vehicle and tries to get inside while keeping pace with his car. He looked it dead in the eyes and felt the breath coming from its mouth.

t. dogman disinfo

In Canada's defense we do have a metric fuckton of lakes around.

I could literally hop in my car and go drive to 8 different lakes in my area in a an hour or 2.

They're both west Virginia cryptids.

All lake monsters could be ghosts of plesiosaurs, just saying.

Plesiosaurs can't move their necks vertically though. We can only move them from side to side.

Because no one cares about American folklore.

I do.

>We can only move them from side to side
>We

GPIDF please go.