What do you guys think of this game?

What do you guys think of this game?

I like it.

My favorite game. So many good memories. Shame they never made a 3rd one

It was fun as fuck, along with the EverQuest knockoffs. Aged pretty bad though.

comfy af, though the champions of norrath games were better than the bgda games on that engine

The concept of a drow punchan monk is a lot less retarded in practice than I thought it would. Still don't know how someone at the top signed off on that though.

Made me want to build a greater empire with my evil sis. Too bad she was so evil

So much fun. I wish I could play it again

Then go play it again

I can only remember what happens in the first one for some reason

I don't have a ps2

>what is emulation

Emulate it friend

different guy but have you tried emulating any of those snowblind games? they run sooooo bad

Hated how classes were tied to a specific premade character. The first one was alright because why wouldn't you play the archer dude? The necromancer was alright but got OP as fuck if you hoarded all your gold using summons and other magic. until end game and bought some super powered gems for your weapon I was like one hit melee killing everything with a spell caster that had really powerful magic on top of it all.

If you have an xbox 360 then buy the xbox version.

great sequel to another great game.

Baldurs Gate has more personality and coherence
Champions of Norrath is more refined and has higher production value

I am still waiting for the 3rd even though it'll never come out

Was fun. I had a good time playing it with my brother. Same with the first. I think I like the first slightly more, I can't put my finger on why though honestly.

>everyone agreeing it is good
You can be alright sometimes, Sup Forums

pcsx2 1.5 runs the game's much better than 1.4 did

My dad and I would play this for hours on end. I loved it. He's been talking about trying to get the old ps2 working so we can play again.

I miss that bonding time we had

I tried for three hours today trying to get Dark Alliance 1 to work properly on PCSX2. The shit is so fucked, can never get above 20 FPS. Is it just all of their games that are fucked?

i had more success with champions of norrath but not much. apparently if you have a really high end pc you can get it working better...but then again i can run devil may cry 2 with a mostly steady fps so i dunno

Original was my first PS2 game. I miss those days so fucking much.

It hurts. I have to go back.

I don't know but I like elf girls

Is it really that demanding? I was able to do Star Ocean 3 in HD 8x resolution with constant 60 FPS. However Dark Alliance has just dumpster FPS on native PS2 graphics, -3 cycle rate, 4GB patch and realtime priority. Still it's 60 FPS in cutscenes and sub 20 in gameplay. Makes no fucking sense.

best couch co op rpg

Me and my friends had fun with it. It was funny how you can spend money on orphanages and stuff to get exp.

half the screen still doesn't render.

i haven't gotten past 20 fps at all and i think that's the same for most people. you've got to remember that for the time this game was a graphical juggernaut. dem water physics

god i know that that is a fixable issue i had the same problem, maybe change the resolution?

I believe half-screen was fixed by swapping it to software mode. As for the broken FPS I've got nothing.

Any similar games?

It's a fun game to play while chilling on a couch with a friend, but I think it's underwhelming as an RPG when compared to BGT.