Giant rats? It's like the start of every bad adventure tale my grandfather used to tell

>Giant rats? It's like the start of every bad adventure tale my grandfather used to tell

HUR HUR HUR HURR

>Giant shitposts? It's like the start of every flame war reddit used to tell me about.
All memes aside OP DAO is a fucking incredible game just be sure to download every patch you can find especially the ones that fix restore health items and shit like that otherwise some of the best items in the game are useless and the game is just buggy as shit in general. The noble origin is boring but DAO really is a masterpiece.

OP here, I completely agree. This is the most fun I've ever had with an an rpg not counting New Vegas.

It's clunky and mediocre. Enjoyable but let's not hype it up to something it's not. Miles better than either of its sequels definitely but that's not setting the bar too high.

The story is bland and generic. Half the gameplay mechanics don't even work correctly. Rogues are an almost pointless class while Mages are ludicrously overpowered. Dragon fights are the supposed highlight of the game and are lackluster.

The saving grace are the characters and the aspects of gameplay that are enjoyable. The large fights are nice and actually challenging on Nightmare, unless you're a Blood Mage/Arcane Warrior then go through enemies like a hot knife through melted butter while solo.

Can someone post bio ware animation webms need to show a friend

clean that fucking floor holy shit

>find book
>give it to Morrigan
>she wants me to kill her mom
>bitch turns into a dragon
>vaporizes Sten and Wynne in five seconds apiece
>left with rogue MC and Alistar
>rogue MC knocked out a minute later
>just spamming Alistar's abilities and health poultices for twenty minutes while he gets knocked on his ass again and again
>finally beat her
>reward is another book and Morrigan exclusive robes
grinding on thousands of green dragons for weeks in runescape was more fun satisfying than that shit

If you really like RPG's you should play Planescape Torment. It's the best game I've ever played and the story is incredible. The dialogue is almost entirely text based though and it's an older game and you'll probably be pretty lost in the first few hours of the game regarding the world you're in but that's intentional and normal and it just makes exploration and learning about the lore so much more interesting. It's also one of the few games where your speech skills are more important than your combat skills as you can avoid almost every fight in the game if you want, the combat isn't that great but the writing is second to none. If you do decide to play it make a mage, dump all of your points into wisdom and then intelligence (more dialogue options/increased spell casting abilities) and then talk to everyone and explore as much as you can, hell it's hard not to explore every inch of the game given how interesting the world is.

How do I stop hurting my waifus and husbandos with AoE mage?

Playing the game first time with mage and this area has been hard.

Text-based dialogue automatically makes the game shit.

>It's clunky and mediocre
The combat isn't for everyone but I found it to be very enjoyable once I got the hang of it.
>The story is bland and generic
The setting of the world certainly seems like generic fantasy world at first glance and in some ways it is but what sets it apart from other generic fantasy games lore wise is how interesting the different factions are like the dwarven caste system and their political struggles, the circle's relationship with the chantry and the templar's and the lyrium trade, etc.
>Rogues are an almost pointless class while Mages are ludicrously overpowered.
I agree mages are way too op even without going the arcane warrior route.
>Dragon fights are the supposed highlight of the game and are lackluster.
Once you figure out how to fight the few dragons that you face in the game yeah they're not that hard. ex: Have your tank draw threat while your dps hits them from behind, have wynne stay far away and heal and have morrigan run in every once in a while to use cone of cold and heal.
I find that the dragon battles especially the archdemon battle is much more enjoyable if you don't play any of the dlc first excluding awakening. The DLC is good it's just that you get tons of seriously op items and all of the experience you get from doing the dlc makes your companions overleveled for the final fight and turns what is usually the hardest fight in the game (without playing the dlc) into the easiest as your in the low to mid 20's instead of being level 18 or 19 when you fight the archdemon.

Your opinion is not good. Sorry to inform you.

Posting on Sup Forums automatically makes your opinion shit.

>not using a 2h warrior with indomitable to attack flemeth from behind
>not placing wynne as far away as possible immediately
wew lad
really though you should never really have to use potions even on nightmare as long as you know what you're doing and know how to level up and paly i.e. not putting any points into constitution ever and taking and taking advantage of all of your perks and abilities.

>Rogues are an almost pointless class
Way to out yourself as a casual. Rogues are the fastest class to make invincibility builds on. You can be immune to physical damage by Lothering.

So I guess Morrowind, Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate are all shit then, right?

Make your MC a Dwarven Warrior who takes the Templar specialization. Wear the Knight Commander's Plate, Spellward and Cinch of Skillful Maneuvering. Then stick a single Grandmaster Dweomer Rune (or two Expert) and that'll put you at 100% Magic Resistance.

Later you can upgrade the Armor when you hit Awakening and unlock the Spirit Warrior class, which will also let you hit 100% Dodge vs all melee attacks too.

Stop using large area of effect AoE magic. I rarely used spells like tempest throughout the game for that reason. Or you could just turn the difficulty all the way down so your companions aren't hurt by friendly fire but then the game is way too easy.

to be desu I've been playing hamburger helper mode, the gameplay is nothing I haven't seen in NWN 1/2 and I got tired of them more quickly than I have of DA:O.

Outside of it clogging up my backlog I'm not even sure why I'm forcing myself to slog through it. There's been some cool moments like when you go into the tower at the start and I'm looking forward to confronting my faget brother but for the most part it's just going from one group of darkspawn to the next because some womanlet wanted to join the mage's circle or something.

Yes, you had shit-taste all along.

Where's the fun in making an op character though. I understand the appeal of meta gaming I've done it myself more than once but there's just too many ways to make op characters in this game and make every battle a joke. Mana Clash is basically a kill all enemy mages instantly button, arcane warrior is essentially god mode, pure dex rogue with the right gear and perks is almost completely untouchable but dao isn't nearly as fun when you make brokenly op characters.

>I've been playing hamburger helper mode,
>hamburger helper mode
What did he mean by this?

Fucking newfags.

>shit taste
that's a strange way to spell god tier taste
inb4 i fell 4 the b8 i dont give a fuck m8

It means I've dishonored my family for generations to come, though that implies I would manage to procreate.

new to Sup Forums but not Sup Forums m8 seriously what does it mean?

Dragon Age thread I suppose?

Feel like giving DA:I another try.

Is Melee Rogue a fun class if I like taking on enemies directly?
And is that spic chick who's my secretary in the game a good waifu to romance?

A masterpiece in mediocrity

one of the devs really likes hamburger helper

no
every class sucks
because the game sucks

>playing anything past Origins
Fucking casual

Positioning for small AoE, large AoE is only useable st the beginning if the fight.

wizard best class
cast uninstall as soon as you can use it

Played on casual difficulty setting.

FADE

>any tips on my mage playthrough?
>"here play this class instead"

MEME. People who hate the Fade or the deep roads should take a long hard look at the game they are playing.

spic chick?

Wasn't too bad, was strangely satisfying going back with all the forms to grab the stat boosts, and golem mode was fun as fuck, though after a crash halfway through it lost its charm, so I can imagine a third playthrough would be painful.
if they let you play as a golem for the entire game it'd be a lot better, those footfall sfx were made of bliss

Is this on purpose?

I'm more off put by the mustache.

Rodents of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.

All facial hair was like that in inquisition. You had to specifically design your face to fit the beard or it would either clip through your face or float a few inches away from it.

>playing as human scum
Dwarf Noble origin is the best one

>get the note of cashmoney from dorf guy that wants me to say stuff
>go off to the deep roads without unloading inventory
>start over
>do it right, have filthy lucre
>buy blood dragon armor
>no one can use it
>grind through the castle level and forest level
>can finally use it
>revenant armor shits all over it
everything else about it is pretty cool though

>it's not so hard once you've read the guide or played through a few times
No shit, sherlock

You know there's a mod that lets you skip the fade and ostagar if you want to and it gives you all of the experience, stat boosts, etc. that you would otherwise get if you went through it normally right? It's one of the best dao mods on the nexus.

t-this can't b-be real r-right guys?!

>you don't even have to play through a few times or read a guide
when you level up you gain health and willpower each point put into con raises your health by 5 measly points (useless) if you just take a couple of minutes to look at the different active and passive abilities for the different branches for warriors mages and rogues you can easily spot some pretty good ones like indomitable which is amazing (can't be stunned or knockdowned only 5% stamina drain and 1 extra damage but that's not important)

>that wonky ass arrow flight path
disgusting.

no class is fun. the only one that was remotely fun was Knight Enchanter, and only because i could solo the game in heavy armor due to stupid crafting system. that being said, swing a massive fade sword is fun

I'm fully convinced that when EA bought Bioware they fired all the animators and replaced them with college students paid in circus peanuts.

The poor schmucks they've hired since have had to make due reusing the same animations made for Mass Effect 1 for the past decade.

itt pc cucks still whining over a game series years later because thats all they know how to do, like cucks, is whine and complain like some faggot just stole your girlfriend

Oh come on man. No one has seen this movie?
You're all terrible.

it's like someone watched an episode of Arrow and thought that would transition well into a game

what is poise

>DAO is a fucking incredible game

It really isn't though. It's solid and far better than its sequels, but compared to actual good RPGs it's mediocre at best. The DA world might be the most bland fantasy world ever created.

That one doesn't look as bad as the others, am I missing something?

Why the hell would you play a wizard and then pick the upgrade class that turns it into a melee fighter with an extremely overpowered spammy super repetitive combat style

Rogue with the specialty that lets you use time slowing potions or rift mage are the most enjoyable classes to play.

>most bland fantasy world ever created

I can think of a million awful fantasy worlds that tried to cash in on the popularity of Oblivion and Skyrim respectively.

To Dragon Age's credit I find the whole city elves/hippie elves dynamic pretty interesting along with the way mages are treated.

Was that a swipe at the Princess bride?

I fucking lose my shit every god damn time

>someone watched Arrow
I feel sorry for whoever that was