Both are shit
Ashley isn't as shitty as Kaidan though

They're both really awful characters in hindsight

I flipped a coin.

Ashley got lucky.

youtu.be/zMSJDxM8YT4

>save ashley
>just to tell her to fuck off in later games

Even if their personalities were switched I probably would have chosen Ashley anyway.

bland male char -
>Boring, get out of my story you useless faggot.

antagonistic male char -
>Annoying faggot, this will be your noble sacrifice, your redemption. Oh man, such a good character arc, 10/10 story.

I only picked up the game in 2008 because I heard there would be benis in vagania. So I obviously couldn't turn the vagania into glass, Mr Alenko wasn't really trying to be interesting either.

Save Kaidan. He's the superior officer and Ashley is a stupid cunt.

Saving Ashely is the best choice, especially if you hate her and like Kaidan. Kaidan gets to die a hero and is saved from becoming a faggot in ME3. Meanwhile you can personally kill Ashely in ME3.

Kaidan. Ashley is great but her ME3 incarnation was shit and I want to save her from that.

>letting your feelings get in the way

The obvious choice is saving the officer over the enlisted grunt

It's kind of a weird choice. Disregarding Kaiden and Ashley and which one you like more, it makes more sense to me to go for whoever you sent to take care of the bomb, since it exploding is the objective.

However, if you go for the team sent as a distraction, the scene where Saren holds Shepard up by the throat looks much more dramatic, as he holds him up over the lip of the tower. In addition, you can rescue the Salarian special ops squad if you go for the tower, and you get an additional scene of the person you chose to defend the bomb on their last legs as the Normandy departs.

So realistically, it makes sense to go for the bomb. By dramatically (especially given the way the scenes are constructed in the game), it looks better to go for the tower.

God damn, femshep voice actress in completely insufferable.

depends on who's guarding our escape route. both suck balls but I'm getting the hell off this rock before it goes nuclear

>forced drama shit

>Kaidan or Ashley
>not leaving both and Liara to die

>and Liara to die
Now why would I let me waifu die?

>playing this game
>bitch shoots my big alien bro for no reason, we were just having a chat
>later in the level
>ONE OF US HAS TO STAY BEHIND AND FUCKING DIE
>you can choose to make the bitch do it
>"I understand Shepard. It was nice serving under you."
>like fuck you understand cunt good riddance

game sucked anyway. Was that the first one or the second one I don't even remember

because she's a goddamn sociopath

Why wasn't there an option to just send some nameless grunts to sort the bomb out?

Shepherd is really fucking bad at commanding forces if he's only competent enough to order two people around.

Mass Effect would have been infinitely better if you commanded a 15 man squad made up of primarily procedurally generated grunts who face perma-death I'd you don't medigel them in time but level up, in addition to having access to two named characters who you have control of their abilities.

but then we wouldnt have Garrus Wrex and Tali