VR thread

Getting a Rift today and the Touch controllers. Already got some games lined up to play on but wondered if any fellow VR masterrace had suggestions.

Well anyway. Look forward to creating with Medium and Quill.

try out Space Pirate Trainer
It's simple but addicitively fun

Ripcoil. I expected nothing from it but was blown away by how much fun it is, and how replayable it is. You can get it free with the purchase of any other game currently.

It's the second best Rift multiplayer game next to Blaze Rush, which I recommend to anybody with a Rift. Trust me on this. It's basically isometric mario kart, with a mode that's a clone of rocket league.

Don't get the Serious Sam wave shooter. It's disappointingly dull.

Fucking fuck that 3d painting one, it's shit.
Nothing you draw in there will look good.

Anyone else tried the lenses from VR lens lab?

I have the Rift and Touch sitting in their boxes in the other room, but I really do not want to have to mess with glasses in a headset. Patiently waiting for the lenses to arrive before opening anything up.

Yeah, that was disappointing. Medium is amazing though. I was making ok looking stuff in there within a few hours.

What about for those who really aren't into racing games?

I'm not into racing games. That was my exact reaction. Take a risk on it, you won't regret it. It's a party game first, a racing game second.

Used to play Subnautica on DK2 and I look forward to playing it again on the CV1

It's insanely good on CV1. All the control issues are solved now and ASW really helps smooth out performance. I don't need to tell you how gorgeous it is in 3d either

I have a vive but I would definitely recommend Job Simulator, not a whole lot of content but what is there is amazing!

All these room scale games feel samey and gimmicky to me. :/

Yeah I heard from the Tested channel that Touch controllers adapt to vive games pretty well, aside from having the wrong representative models in the game. Hopefully now the Touch is out, devs will include proper support for them.

return them and get a vive, my glasses fit great in it

>CV1
>dark environment
lmao, have fun with your smudgy god rays

What a fucking disappointment coming from the DK2

? God rays only appear in white text on black backgrounds. I prefer them to the visible fresnel rings on the Vive

>god rays
A feature

Nice choice OP, you get both stores. Download the Lab from Steam, AudioShield is fun if you like music. Rec Room, which is free. Bunch of other stuff on there.

Store just phoned and my Rift is ready for pick up. So I'm out.

This has been a Cex thread.

How did things go with the psvr anyway? Are many titles supporting it?

>TFW difference in eye sharpness that makes 3d effects not work

Will the vive still work if you can't experience normal 3D glasses/3ds depth?

Arizona Sunshine
>Has some simple exploratory elements to it and good pacing

Windlands
>SotC vibe great with motion controls on the Vive, dunno if touch is supported or not

All the freebies are pretty good and worth checking out. If you have a strong stomach Doom 3 BFG edition has a VR mod for it thats pretty fucking cool too.

Should be exactly like seeing the real world through goggles. If you can't see 3D there you won't get it in VR.

I can see 3D in real life.

But 3d at the cinema and on the 3ds works by giving your eyes 2 different images. Due to 1 eye seeing less colors and less frames per second that effect doesn't work for me.

I don't know how VR technology works so I can't know if it will work for me.

Can you play VR games with 1 eye closed for example? Does it still feel immersive?

It will work. My friend can't use 3D because of a lazy eye, but VR works fine. Also, if you're short sighted make sure you wear your glasses.

How short sighted are we talking here?

I have glasses but only have to wear them when outside (in the streets, driving a car). Not when I'm at home or inside a building.

You'll need them to see things in the distance just like real life. I thought it wouldn't matter being that the screen is right in front of you, but I had trouble seeing things far away. I thought it was just the resolution of the Vive but I actually needed my glasses.

VR headsets have a separate screen for each eye, so it shouldn't be an issue. Not sure why the 3ds wouldn't work for you though.

If nothing else, you have the field of view and headtracking, which contribute to the 'there' feeling just as much as the 3D.

If you are not socially awkward and a great liar, Try Werewolves within, Also find a curator who isn't bribed by free copies of the game.