Just finished this game, How did you fuckers feel about this feels rollercoaster?

Just finished this game, How did you fuckers feel about this feels rollercoaster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdx-j8ypD6g
youtube.com/watch?v=5_6LvKWy5vo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I prepared myself for a mediocre b-grade shooter, so I finished it and was very pleasantly surprised with the story.

I am 14 and this is deep

/thread

It was utter garbage. Ugly. Felt like crap. Stupid story.

Do you feel like a hero, yet?

why didn't you stop?

>Mediocre shooter tells me I can only win by not playing
>gladly turn it off
Gobshite.

I wanted to kill the bad guys user ;w;

but there were none

>all these salty faggots and contrarians ITT thinking they're smart for 'getting it'
It was interesting, it was more interesting to see how it played with your expectations of a player-character/player relationship and how so many people failed to see it and so got mad, or just had it explained to them and react as if it makes the game pointless.

As a shooter it was pretty average, there were some great moments (the hallucinations where you fight Heavies were top-notch) and the hardest difficulty was pretty fun, but the only really difficult parts of the game were so difficult they either required tons of luck or having brought specific weapons, or both (I only remember two, the fight below the aquarium and the first push up that entrenched hill in the final level)

>but there were none
I think this is a bit simplistic. There were at least a few bad guys, it's just up to you to decide whether you can justify killing them or not.

i played second to hardest i think, and it was amazing, the second half got sequentially more hard and desperate, as not only the characters felt like in a spiral to hell, the difficulty of the game pushed feelings of tension and isolation in the mix

also, fuck everyone who says
>just stop playing to win dude
the developers set a specific story with exact progression, i have not a single argument to say

As apocalypse now, it does the story enough justice.
It's real claim to fame is it being one of the first games to totally subvert the players expectations to such an extent.
Game prior may have revealed something at the end, making you look back and reconsider previous events from a new stance, this took it to a new level and made you question the entirety of the game, wondering how much actually happened, how much did but you where delusional.
On top of all of that, it was the least expected fucking thing ever. In some suda51 or Kojima game, you wouldn't be shocked.
In a fucking CoD clone, it was.
It's a very different game if you go into it with the understanding of what it'll be about.

Is this game still worth going through as a first-timer, or is it too dated?

i was too distracted by the bad gameplay

This. Anyine who thinks Spec Ops had a great story is an idiot. It was a mediocre shopter that pulls a "fight club" in the end, and it knpws that the player is a retard so they go back and spoonfeed you the story like you are a drooling mental patient.

but you WERE the bad guy

Walker was the bad guy, or at least one of them.

yeah, , am sure you can count 10 weebshit game that have better story than spec ops

Shhhh shh shh it's Ok, we get it, you are happy with Mortal Kombat X tier Video game stories, we understand that you are a drooling spastic retard, do not fret.

It's not dated at all because wack-a-mole third person shooters haven't evolved in 10 years but it's only 6 hours long with plenty of cinematics and personally I think it's pretty bad even if it has some cool set pieces so I say go for it if it's on sale.

Over-Rated: The Line

Nothing about it is particularly thought provoking. I never felt bad once for defending myself. My soldiers were careful to check their fire around civilians and always prioritized them. The WP was quite literally forced on you by the game, as was every other decision.

The critical population was just so fucking thirsty for anything that wasn't completely brain-dead jingoistic cawdoody bullshit at the time they praised it to the heavens for being high school English course tier

Also being post ironic doesn't save you from having mediocre, boring gameplay

Gameplay was so mediocre that I couldn't bother to keep playing after an hour or two. Story seemed interesting though, I suppose.

Got motion sickness within the first 2 minutes so I guess I'm upset since Sup Forums loves it so much and I'll never be able to experience it's brilliant story.

Ok this has to be a bait thread, these are all poorly made Ad Hominem.

Was really surprised just how good looking the game was. Also had some really nice small touches. Like carrying weapons through missions. So many fucking games reset your weapon loadouts to standard at the start of missions and its fucking bullshit.

i don't understand this "spec ops have bad gameplay" meme. it was realistic and hard.
i think Sup Forums likes hard games. ammo was low and gameplay is hard, because 3 guys can't kill tens of soldiers like butter in CoD games.

what don't you like in gameplay?

The trap only works if you really are a dumb, narrowminded kid who unironically thinks war is cool.
For people who have already reached the epic realization that WOR IS BAD and that there are no winners, it becomes very much preaching to the choir.

I'm just here to laugh at the 16-year-old contrarian trying to show everybody how smart he is.

your mission was just checking signal and comeback. why did you go further?

>hey, the place is full of people, maybe there is a way to not bomb them
>litterally have to bomb them
>WHAT HAVE YOU DON U MONSTER!?1?

>hey i could shoot to the crowd, but guess i will just shoot in the air and scare them away
>WHAT HAVE YOU DON U MONSTER? U SHOT TE CIVVIES!

the rest of the game is just pic related

>>The trap only works if you really are a dumb, narrowminded kid
>it's another 'user thought you were meant to identify as Walker' episode

@OP

Its literally the biggest meme game out there, taylor made for plebby redditers, if you like this game dive straight into the nearest trash can, your garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=mdx-j8ypD6g

game is legit 8/10.
great soundtrack

It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.

Gameplay was barely anything to talk about, just the regular
Story was good, people give it shit for being edgelord darkness, but i liked it
Message of player being an asshole is a bit too harsh IMO, but it's unusual

Overall, i liked it because it had more focus on a story than most warfare shooter games do, which is why i barely ever play war games

>i barely ever play war games
Then why did you play this one?

I'm willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt (is that the phrase?). However I thought Apocalypse Now and the Heart of Darkness were shallow garbage. Does that kill any chance of me enjoying this?

This game was utter crap and the "big shocking moment" didn't shock me for shit.
Before I played this game every review/recommendation online said it has some horrible stomach-churning moment in the middle, but I just breezed through it, only realizing "oh, it was that?" when I reached the final 2-3 levels.

>Realistic
You have to be joking, being unrealistic ain't a bad thing anyway but still
>Get behind cover, 99% unkillable unless the braindead AI decides to throw a grenade
>Health regenerates and frequent checkpoints
>All you do is wait for for enemies to pop up and shoot their heads
>Plenty of on-rails turret sections
>That awful part where you shoot grenades from the back of a truck
All the game requires from you is having good aim and that isn't a problem on PC so no, I wouldn't call it hard either.

I'll give you that, the soundtrack is great and so are the enviroments but the game as a whole is style over substance, the story is underdeveloped and the gameplay is crap.

It was based off of "Heart of Darkness", you mongoloid.

>Shitting on Heart of Darkness
Well I though it was pretty good.

Because of a misconception + finding it at a low prize
The misconception was that i was told that "you have to keep your unit alive, and if one of them dies, you don't get them back", which sounded like an interesting concept to me

Disappointed it didn't play out like that, but the story was still better than i thought

Reminder you died in the helicopter crash and everything past that is literal hell.

I respect your opinion but it had terrible writing which is to be expected since its a dime store adventure novel with a heart of darkness.

I'm going to count to five, then I'm pulling the triger.

It tried too hard.

All bullshit aside I loved the setting. Especially when you ended up near the base of the buildings and shit is so much darker.

Felt glad the piece of shit was over. I paid $5 for this game and would have fucking loved to get a refund on it, but it was before Steam offered them. You'd have to be mentally retarded to have not seen the """twist""" coming hours before the end (which is ironic, considering the game is literally 4 hours long). I'm convinced any thread I see praising it is viral marketing because I refuse to believe anyone could think this is anything more than a mediocre as fuck TPS.

>muh player agency
>muh choice
>le turn it off maymay
How hard it is for people to enjoy a fucking story where the protagonist fucks up without projecting their insecurities on them?

>Game gives you no choice about whether or not to do certain things. For instance the US soldiers automatically open fire on you even if you don't provoke them
>It later mocks you for making choices it made for you
>Developers of the fucking game tell you that turning it off is a choice

I'm pretty sure the decisions aren't meant for you, the player. You're basically replaying the entire story that the protagonist had gone through and doing all of the horrid actions he did.

it good.

Pretty much this.

All the protag had to do was go back and report to HQ after making contact. Instead he decided to try and be a hero.

But the story and gameplay is awful. The only thing that might have saved it would be more meaningful player agency.

The WHOLE FUCKING POINT of it was that you had no agency.

>Developers of the fucking game tell you that turning it off is a choice
Kek where dude

I don't even think this game is above a 7/10 but jesus all the factually wrong shit I see people say about this game makes me wonder if even a fifth of the people who go into these threads have actually played it

>the game calls me mean for something it forced me to do!
It's a greek tragedy guys, if you wanted some ebic player agency game ACTUALLY directed at you go play fucking Undermeme you fag

>just turn it off the gameplay is 5/10 by design cos its a riff on modern shooters :^)
Literally nothing in the game says this, the game isn't as deep as you think

it's on one of the late game loading screens,

but what most people don't want to acknowledge is that the statement was made in irony, to highlight how all the MC had to do was acknowledge how fucked things were then pull out and inform his CO. you, the player have obviously done nothing wrong, he the character is who should have stopped playing around

One of the loading screens from memory. They kept getting darker and darker as it went on.

Because the game doesn't let you fucking go back

It won points from me for letting me drown people in sand. Even if the mechanic wasn't used nearly enough.

>all this butthurt over a fucking loadingscreen tip
Nice

To be fair people seem to think that the screens were ridiculing them, rather than being the protags conscience berating him as he got progressively more insane.

>that part in the mall where you're stuck in a room with a juggernaut and it keeps moving from one side of the room to the other whenever the lights flicker off
Shit was too spooky honestly

>tfw you didn't see most of those because the game was too easy to kill you
Feels bad to be this good.

It was very easy on the lower difficulties. On the highest though it became some serious bullshit towards the end.

But that stuff was also between levels from memory.

I loved the very end where you don't kill yourself, and have the option of either complying with the soldiers, or just opening up with your AA-12.

while I went for the an hero end, I think going full rambo until you die fits better

I thought it was a boring third person shooter with a shit story. Waste of my time plating it, I'd rather have fondled my prostate for a few hours.

I tried all of them and that was the most satisfying. Felt right. Though it doesn't really throw enough people at you. But he does finish it off pretty well with a 'Welcome to Dubai' before blasting the last guy. Full PTSD.

This game has a lot going for it. People were just given poor marketing and led to believe it is something it isn't.

How original.

I couldn't focus on story because of mediocre gameplay.

Oh wow. You fanboys have really changed your tune over time. It's going to interesting to see where you go next to defend this trash posing as meaningful art.

>How did you fuckers feel about this feels rollercoaster?
It was fun.
It had one of these 'good' ways to twist story, where you feel under your skin that something's off, and it gets more and more noticeable until you finally get answer and think "should have seen it coming".

for it was surrender ending. Even more definite "it's over" than just dying

it's much much intense than any other two media. you should absolutely play

>All the game requires from you is having good aim
oh noes, a third person shooter requires to having good aim. IN A SHOOTER GAME.

you could have turned off the game. why didn't you? why did you kill all these people?
do you feel like a hero yet?

Can you read?
The problem is that the only skill the game requires from you is being able to aim wich makes the game trivial even more on PC since aiming is easier with m+kb

I don't get the complaints about the gameplay. Yes it is generic, but that is about it. The only thing it tried but really failed on was the interactive terrain which it didn't use enough.

It probably would've got a better response if the devs weren't such utter faggots

It was alright. I don't care for the LE TWIST ending and the gameplay was mediocre at best. But it had some cool moments and the setting was fantastic. I'd pay for more games/movies in habub'd cities.

Terrible game.

I loved it. Ever since i played it whenever something bad happens in a book i'm reading i just close it and everything is alright again. It's quite illuminating.

if you didnt get the game spoiled before you played it, you had a greater chance of enjoying the game

>he didn't fire into the crowd

I gunned down every one of those motherfuckers with the SAW. And then went around hunting the ones that were hiding with a pistol.

Which is the best end? I didn't like the rest of the story that much but the endings were pretty neat

>SCAR with underslung grenade launcher
>two grenades cut down the entire crowd
>all the bodies disappear within a few seconds
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Didn't shoot them just like I didn't shoot the dude stuck under the truck on fire

What's wrong with them?

Gotta save that bullet for the deer.

why would I, if they GTFO'd after warning shots?

I feel like it's attached to a really shitty game, possibly the worst Hearts of Darkness adaptation ever. 4/10 you're better off playing CoD and watching Apocalypse now at the same time.

I honestly played it like you were supposed to and felt pretty bad man. Pretty generic gameplay but it was a fun story. Best pirate I did. Might buy it someday Good music to
youtube.com/watch?v=5_6LvKWy5vo

IRC you can shoot in the air then they would scatter user

I got this SAW and a dead buddy. You do the math
Pretty impressed that they made it that way as most players would have a SAW at that part