I have been baptized twice, once in water, once in flame...

I have been baptized twice, once in water, once in flame. I will carry the fire of the holy spirit inside until I stand before my Lord for Fallout New Vegas thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lanius
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/?
youtube.com/watch?v=-6il_C7P6rw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ts3YlnzXAr4
youtube.com/watch?v=zLwJ2OWXtLI
youtube.com/watch?v=kbkEb2Y5RG4
twitter.com/jesawyer/status/755865799873540096
youtube.com/watch?v=K7M0h083LHg
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/?tab=7&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/modvideo/?vtype=0&id=43331&pUp=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there an ENB that isn't shit?

Remember the time Caesar made a big retard his new legate and expected everything to turn out alright after his self-admittedly imminent demise?

Nothing to contribute, but have a bump for Joshua.

Didnt Caesar question lanius's loyalty to the legion?

did he ever? Lanius is like a tactical nuke and I thought that his loyalty to Caesar was never a deliberative matter

Why is Joshua so /fa/?

"Caesar openly admits that he does not think Lanius is worthy of being called a "great man" and believes he has no "love" for his Legion. Vulpes is more reserved, but criticizes his blunt methods and shows quiet celebration if Caesar is saved, thus preventing Lanius from becoming the new leader of the Legion for the time being."

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lanius

Though it is a wikia. Take it how you will.

Lanius is not loyal to the Legion. Lanius is loyal to Caesar.

Are any of the new vegas dlc worth playing?

yes
all of them

All of them. Honest Hearts especially.

I thought Dead Money was ok.

What is the canon add-on timeline?

just play Dead Money last

They're all stand-alone so play them by release order. At least do Lonesome Road last.

That really depends on you. Honest Hearts has 2 of the best characters in the game and adds a shitton of new items but is generally boring and forgettable outside of Graham or Clark. OWB is probably the best out of all of them having the most content and arguably the best writing. Lonesome Road is pretty much just a straight run and gun. None of the choices you're able to make are all that important and it's kind of a letdown honestly. Dead money is controversial as hell but it's my personal favorite. The gameplay is tough and unforgiving and the story is great.

Dead Money is artistically top-notch and I love it a lot

Honest Hearts for Graham

OWB for comfy

Lonesome Road is kind of eh

LR is all about upping the difficulty to what it should have been in the rest of the game.

>OWB for comfy
really?

I found it more tedious where as Honest Hearts was more comfy for me.

OWB Everything was a massive bulletsponge for me, Although I probably attempted it far too low of a level.

well I got there at high lvl so for me it was just a bizarre adventure among experiments gone horribly wrong and awkward sciency humour

like Big Bang Theory but actually funny

OWB is nice for screenshots but kind of barebones apart from that

The crib you get at the end is pretty comfy. The missions themselves really aren't. It does have a shitload of content compared to the other DLCs though.

New Vegas is shit

>like Big Bang Theory but actually funny
You should be banned on principle.

It pays homage to super science B-movies and stuff like Johnny Quest. It's the videogame equivalent of Venture Bros.

Y O U
L I K E
T H E
S I G H T
O F
Y O U R
O W N
B L O O D
??!?!

Caesar didn't trust Lanius to carry out his political goals. Legate Lanius was a warlord

Yeah I've started another play through now.

This time around I' was thinking of role playing myself as a mad-scientist type person.
So this time instead of tackling Dead Money at Level 3 and OWB right after, I want to do as much of the New Vegas content before moving to DLCs so I can explore as much of Big MT as I can this time.

Lanius is the heir to Caesar because the Legion is an army and the only person capable or qualified to lead it after Caesar dies is its general

Playing NV in 2016 really shows how much they dumbed down FO4 in comparison. I think people appreciate it more today than when it when it came out. Almost every quest in FO4 has you shooting 50 things and doing fake dialog choices that change nothing, NV has depth and alot more variety in weapons and choices.

You forgot one thing in support of Honest Hearts.

>shirt
>jeans
>snakeskin shoes, belt and pistol grip

It's a true miracle of god that he can pull the look off

Dead Money's the only one I'd consider worth playing.

LR was a Bethesda-tier linear DLC with nothing to do but kill people, HH was linear itself as well, and besides the characters and the area has nothing interesting, OWB is a shitfest made by devs on LSD.

Vuples, though.

Fuck those bent iron sites, though.

Doesn't have even half the fear, respect or sheer presence of Lanius

Well Liked Lonesome Road and Old World Blues most, but all of them are worth playing.

Why is he a religious?

Because he was born into a Mormon community

Why are mormons still around?

Another question: Why the fuck did people go back to living like indians?

>Why are mormons still around?
Because they were right.

Mormons aren't just going to magically pop out of existence because some bombs fell

>reinstalling again today after not touching it for a couple months

can't wait to spend 3 hours modding and 30 minutes playing the game.

Is there more games like New Vegas with branching quest lines and actual fun combat?

>tactical vest with the word SWAG on it

Graham is the true OG

What was the quote?

Not sure but if I had to guess from the images its probably the "I survived because the fire in me burned brighter than the fire around me"

I may have paraphrased it but its along those lines

this could turn out to be sick ass slice of life anime

so long as there's bits of well animated violence here and there

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/?
>"oh neat a mod that completely changes honest hearts, could be cool"
>better watch a video on it first, but i doubt it'll be that bad i mean it has so much downlo
youtube.com/watch?v=-6il_C7P6rw
oh god what the fresh hell is this

do you guys think the russian fallout 2 remake, or project brazil will be worthwhile

Dead money is the only thing you need to play.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ts3YlnzXAr4
youtube.com/watch?v=zLwJ2OWXtLI

youtube.com/watch?v=kbkEb2Y5RG4

What the hell?
Chris Avellone didn't write Joshua Graham. Josh Sawyer did.

I haven't gotten that far into the video, but when I played Honest Hearts I was bored to tears by it. I think anything would be an improvement

Oh wait nevermind, I thought that was a Chris Avellone tweet.
I should probably sleep a bit more.

Like, I can understand if you don't like the guy's cosmetic changes, but there are literally hundreds of gun retextures and shit and they're all easy as sin to swap in and out.

God damn, i want another new vegas guys. I need it in my veins that shit is so good, but it's never gonna happen again because obsidian is not going to get fucked by zenimax again and fallout 4 was way too profitable. The next fallout is going to be about a stronk womyn mother who is looking for her child who was kidnapped by the enclave in vault 102 or some ridiculous shit like that. GOD I HATE FALLOUT 4 SO MUCH WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SO SHIT

>GOD I HATE FALLOUT 4 SO MUCH WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SO SHIT

You know why.

Who asked for this?

twitter.com/jesawyer/status/755865799873540096
""I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."

>Why are mormons still around?
Why the fuck wouldn't they be?

But i know normalfags who loved new vegas, i myself didn't know about fallout until my friend showed me fallout 3. You are right though, people who hate reading and want to shoot the big green monster are never going to appreciate 1, 2 or new vegas

badass quote desu

1 Honest Hearts
2 Old World Blues
3 Lonesome Road
4 Dead Money

it's funny because rap music is being played over things that don't generally have rap music played over them

>setting is in twenty two fucking hundreds
>lasor pistols and plasma weapons nice
>lol there's native americans
what the fuck man

wrong
1) Dead Money
2) Honest Hearts
4th) Lonesome Road and Old World Blues

>he doesn't like all the dlc

>chilling in the desert
>dismembering qt3.14 fem bandits
>arranging their limbs in neat piles

>my opinion is wrong

> grunt
sounds more like a squelch

exactly.

>1 2 4
Hmm

>tfw very little games let you have fun dismemberment/cripple gameplay

there are no native americans
just tribal canadians

youtube.com/watch?v=K7M0h083LHg
>Metallic Monks starts playing

they're so bad they're tied in 4th place

BUT WHY ARE THEY TRIBALS WHO SPEAK BROKEN ENGLISH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Because they're isolated from civilization and have developed their own culture in the two hundred years since the US ceased to exist. Why would everybody just continue being Americans when America doesn't exist?

>unlimited Companions mod lets you take all the companion's except the first two you recruited into OWB
>this saves the DLC

Honest Hearts is great, if simple.
Dead Money can be a total bitch due to muh survival horror mechanocs
Lonesome Road can at least be rushed through

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would burn a man, before throwing him down the cliff.

F

Ever seen that movie Threads? Fairly realistic depiction of the reality of the aftermath of a nuclear explosion. Language devolves after time, new dialects evolve, ways of communication can change. They know enough of English to survive and communicate but outside of anything vital they might have trouble with.
Weren't they illiterate? Why would they have to read and be able to speak flawless English living in a canyon?

Tribal doesn't equal native American, the Great Khans were tribals born out of Vault Dwellers.

Such a shame. I was really sad that they didn't add New Vegas' dismemberment to Skyrim apart from beheading.

Always gets my dick hard.

If I take off those bandages will you die?

>graham armor doesn't include the bandages
>no bandage headgear
fuk u

It would be extremely painful.

It would be extremely painful

It would be extremely painful.

The Vegas dlcs leave me feeling empty because there's individual components to them done so well that I feel should have existed in some form in the base game to make the world feel better.

>Dead Money

The tight, congested streets of the villa. Roaming around in near darkness hunting across rooftops for caches of supplies while avoiding enemies. When I first played this is what I was hoping the Vegas outskirts were going to be. Instead we get a handful of non-interactable, non-explorable buildings that may as well be giant boxes sparsely dotted around the landscape, a fenced in tiny zone and invisible walls everywhere. The villa is what the Vegas slums should have been

>honest hearts.

The rocky cliffs and terrain are so fun to romp around and climb and explore. It's surprising to realise how small the map is because it feels much bigger than it ought to. This is what the hills and cliffs and mountains in the mojave should have been, not bits of the ground raised up with a terrain tool and covered in invisible walls

>Lonesome road

Massive open areas with lots of vertical exploration. More again of what honest hearts did right and with good, challenging enemies to fight.

>OWB
uh... it had dick jokes? I hated this dlc. We're told it's a technological wonderland but besides the dome the place is the same bombed out armpit of a facility the rest of the game is.

get RobCo Certified, it lets you build your own robot army. You can resurrect the robo-scorpions (and almost everything else, from turning NPCs into lobotomites to turning deathclaws into mecha-deathclaws to turning a TV into a destructo-bot) to fight for you. Takes a bit to figure out how everything works - sort out their weapon restrictions and upgrade where you can.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/?tab=7&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/modvideo/?vtype=0&id=43331&pUp=1

Fucked the link up, whatever

UR A B1G GUY

>.45 ACP guns are stronger than 9mm guns
What kind of memery is this?

For thee.

but isn't he a genocidal israelite?