Is there a point in buying this thing instead of buying a $5 Bluetooth adapter and connecting the controller through it?

Is there a point in buying this thing instead of buying a $5 Bluetooth adapter and connecting the controller through it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHnIEkLIpG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first 2 releases of the Bone controller didn't have Bluetooth.

Official Driver Support
No need to configure anything
Less input lag

The xbone controller bluetooth is pretty unreliable

>wireless has less input lag than wired
literally what

Do you know what a bluetooth adapter is, dumbass?

He means that the official adapter has less input lag than a cheap Bluetooth adapter.
Has anyone tested this?

As in less input lag through the official adapter as opposed to some janky bluetooth pos

>Bluetooth adapter

only new xbone controllers have bluetooth

ah, ok then. Never mind.

No, that adapter is for the original Xbox One controller which uses a closed channel version of WiFi Direct. The new controller uses bluetooth and doesn't have an official dongle (totally different system and you can use a generic dongle if your system doesn't support bluetooth)

Holy shit, seriously?
You mean people who bought the console at launch used a wired controller? In 2015?

The original controller that uses WiFi direct is a significantly wider connection at about 200x the bandwidth and superior range. The Bluetooth controller (newest version) is inferior.

You want the original one plus that wireless dongle or just run it wired

>original controller

Do you mean the 360 controller?

FUCKING NIGGER PAY THE NIGGERFUCK ATTENTION YOU DUMBASS RETARD.

THE ORIGINAL XBOX ONE CONTROLLER. THE ONE THAT CAME OUT IN 2013 FUCK I'LL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP.

Bluetooth version came out within the last year. Seriously nigger, learn to read

the newest bone and newest ds4 all have wired variants right?

user please. your blood pressure. Now tell us how you got the adapter for your original xbox controller?

How do you know the difference between the two?
Also fuck you faggot ;^)

>the newest bone and newest ds4 all have wired variants right?
No

One is bluetooth (new) and one is WiFi Direct Encrypted. I have both for PC and the bluetooth one doesn't require a proprietary dongle. It also has measurable input delay and shitty range. The WiFi Direct spec is a superior tech, wider bandwidth and lower latency, it is what the launch Bone controllers shipped with.

The new bluetooth controllers are cost saving changes. Kinda like when the new Vita came out and had an inferior TN screen to the superior launch OLED screen

I've tested both. Bluetooth definitely has superior range but the Wireless Adapter can support up to 8 controllers at once and has slightly less input lag.

youtube.com/watch?v=YHnIEkLIpG8

use a micro usb dummy

>Bluetooth definitely has superior range
Nope.avi

The only perk the Bluetooth controller has over the launch one is that you don't need a dongle for it to work on your PC if you have Bluetooth onboard. I only ever use the bluetooth if I am gaming on my laptop at lunch.

The only way this test makes sense is if he has noisy airwaves. The dongle is broadcasting over 2.4GHz, channel 7. A very busy and noisy spectrum. A properly setup home will see superior range on the launch unit.

If you live in a noisy radio wave polluted area then yes bluetooth is probably better.

New Xbone controllers have two antennas. Works perfectly with original dongle.
In my experience, new Xbone controller connects much faster to dongle, than old one. I have both.

The Microsoft adapter is line of sight dependent, whilst Bluetooth isn't. That's why he was able to go all the way up while on bluetooth connection.

I don't think it matters much, but since I had the original dongle for the XBOX360 I decided to buy that recently for my XB1 controller for Steam games.

The problem with it is it don't install drivers automatically for W7 users like they claim it does since it was originally for W10. The original Microsoft websites don't have the original drivers and the instructions are so unclear that it made me say "fuck this why did I waste $20" But thankfully I found a website that told me clear instructions and I can use it now.