Are you looking forward to John Romero's Blackroom?

Are you looking forward to John Romero's Blackroom?

I would not want to fine myself in any of his rooms.

nah, i played romero's aftermath and it was shit

>you will never have John Romero's hair
why live

How can I look forward to something when I don't know anything about it?

I thought that was canceled.

Is he getting fatter?

imaqtpie is making a game?

I don't like it when that one time he tried to make me his bitch

>romero's aftermath
I liked Doom but let's be honest Romero is washed up.

>painted nails
Is romanov gay?

Why did he paint his fingernails black?

What the fuck Romero you're like 56 years old

You're remotely surprised that John Romero would paint his nails black. He's a hasbeen from the '90s and probably listens to shitty metal, of course he does.

I listen to shitty metal but I don't paint my nails black. What's his dealio, huh?

More like Blackedroom

The metal he listens to is even shittier and black nails on guys is still associated with youthful edgyness in his mind, which is how he sees himself.

Blackrooom demo when

Painting one's nails/getting them painted is fun and looks nice if a good job is done. It really is a shame that society looks down on men having painted nails.

fag

Hello John where is the demo

bait

>all unpopular opinions are bait

was Daikatana the first modern game?

Well it was shit, so sure.

We have come full circle, just like trolling is now "everyone who doesn't like thing I like" in youtube comments, b8 will follow the same process
That said painted nails on a man are still fucking gay

Daikatana was not shit, it was merely misinterpreted.

where have I heard this before

Misinterpreted as being good by your standards maybe.

It is not fun. Painting my nails is a arduous process of sweat and pain that you could never hope to understand.

>going to a doom event
>not painting your fingernails black

shiggy

if anything he's lost weight

when i was young black-painted nails was a good way to get laid

>was a good way to get laid
How so?

Presumably with girls with faces full of metal who worked at hot topic.

>Painting one's nails/getting them painted is fun and looks nice if a good job is done. It really is a shame that society looks down on men having painted nails.
Nice try john

good times. the goths were fun

I thought this cuck wants to move to canada?

He lives in Ireland already.

I'm losing the hope. Bombshell has the potential to be a proper retro-FPS and the mod community have a lot of quality stuff.

Blackroom in the other hand is literally nothing at this point. 9 months since the kikestarter fiasco and we still without a single screenshot.

Let's be honest, at this point retro-FPS is just a buzzword for indie hacks who can't do a good level design to save their lifes and somehow they want to pandering old FPSfags

Daikatana was too ambitious a project.

That wasn't John Romero that was just some random dude

Are goths still a thing? Whatever happened to them? I remember my local mall having a healthy population of goths that you would always find hanging out in the food court on Friday night back in the early-mid 2000s.

pls don't tell me it's because of Trump

I already forgot about it, did they every setup their kickstarter again

>Are goths still a thing

fuck no. goth pop culture morphed into emo pop culture which morphed into hipsters and then i got old and stopped paying attention

So where's his demo?

>goths became hipsters

God, I hope that's not true. That's one of the most depressing things I've heard in a long time.

man desperately needs a good producer, but i bet he could make some cool shit if you set him up with one

Suburban white kids are too medicated to be melancholy now.

i'm just glad none of the faggot memers made a cosmo reference yet

>Blood is held hostage by Atari
>Heretic and Hexen are forgotten
>Duke Nukem keeps getting wasted by Gearbox
>DOOM is alright but has very little to do with the original Doom
>Shadow Warrior reboot and SW2 are also nothing like the original

It's pretty dead Jim.

At this point we only have 2 things to look forward to - DUSK and the Bombshell FPS Prequel.

There's also STRAFE I guess but that's not really oldschool.

Serious Sam is the only one that's retained it's core gameplay.

it all turned to hipsters for whatever reason

>stopped paying attention
this, because fuck everyone.

No, because I don't buy products from leftists.

Internet destroyed real life subcultures.
>tfw black nails are now more likely to be associated with "genderfluids" than goths

>Serious Sam is the only one that's retained it's core gameplay.
gotta agree, jewel of nile fixed everything wrong with base game, croats learned from their mistakes. its also good that they are quiet about SS4, I wanna be surprised.

so conservative.

Leftist =/= liberals

Dusk looks like fucking garbage.

pls elaborate

it depends

every throwback shooter is bad for the same reason, because they rely on lockdown arenas as a crutch

if romero's still got it as a level designer then hopefully his new game will avoid that

Is he gonna blow the budget on whores, cars and penthouses again?

he mad

im rooting for him to make a comeback

but im not betting on it

Liberalism is on the left spectrum of politics, liberalism=left.

not him but fuck all leftists, i don't care how they identify

i pirated and then promptly abandoned SW2 because fuck that Borderlands shit, but the 2013 remake was THE shit

he's more in the "hookers, buses and motels" price range this time

i don't give a fuck either way. basing interest or intent to buy a product on someone's personal ideals that have nothing to do with said product is pretty fucking dumb though.

They are very arch-conservative when it comes to freedom of speech, in fact, they want to outright ban it.

y

nah he withdrew the kickstarter until they release a demo

i mean in what way is Romero a leftist.
did he say outlandish shit?

probably a inferiority complex

Speaking of, are there any high-profile kickstarters in preparation or is it over for crowd-funding for good?

there's a sucker born every day, user

>Bombshell
Played it on hard. That game was a complete disaster.

The devs didn't give a shit about balance or pacing. You will go from tightly packed arenas with bullet sponge enemies to long, empty stretches of platforming without so much as a blink.

Hit detection was a hot mess and half your shots don't register. This makes later boss fights brutal. The later half of the game has to be cheesed with the robo drone thing because of this.

The writing is a hot mess and clearly needs a proper direction and a few more drafts. They couldn't decide if they wanted serious drama, douk style action parody, or fourth wall breaking meme humor.

The GRFX, art assets, and level design are surprisingly nice.

Interceptor and George Broussard are nowhere to be found addressing the technical issues. They dropped the ball.

He's probably talking about that Bombshell-themed FPS they're making on the Build engine of Duke3D/SW/Blood fame.

he hasn't lived in the US for a while now

Blackroom's kickstarter read like a laundry list of the attributes that made 90's modable shooters great without showing anything that demonstrates that it is a great shooter. DooM, Douk, and Quake were all great shooters without mods.

>we don't need management!
Turns out you do. Reading about all the fusterclucks in the game's development was both humorous and a bit nerve racking.

News to me. Bombshell's first incarnation as an FPS died in DNF's dev hell.

Before the Bombshell action game release they announced they were making a Build engine FPS that would serve as a prequel to the other game.

Pretty excited for it, especially after Douk: World Tour.

i am still waiting for blackroom to be bundled, desu

Shelly is cute! CUTE!

She is but the writing behind her is still a mess. It probably would have been better if they just made her douk with tits.

John Romero is like the Brendan Fraser of videogames.

I hope he can make a comeback