1more month until goty year is released. You ready Sup Forums?

1more month until goty year is released. You ready Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CpDWTt1KqA
youtube.com/watch?v=OS8QNkbDbsE
youtube.com/watch?v=6vtFa0CkzJA
youtube.com/watch?v=pmWLRNmFlgw
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/14/nioh-looking-death-in-the-face/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like two really, but I'm still cautiously optimistic.
>other thread died seconds before I was about to post
Fuck it I ain't lettin that stop me.
You can turn that off if you don't like it, same with the damage numbers.
The Beta toned a lot of things down by removing the Ki stagger when taking an action you don't have the Ki for, turning when locking on so you don't have to think about movement or speed, durability and the health of most enemies has been dramatically reduced. In the more recent videos they've been continuing to make enemies health and speed lower.
>it was necessary
Not really, if you used stances and Ki Pulse properly you were able to have enough Ki and damage to kill things in reasonable time while still keeping it quite tough, and Ninjutsu/Onmyo/items/headshots were hugely powerful. Playing the game itself isn't tedious unless you just don't want to play it.

i'm pretty sure it comes out in like 2 months

1 month and a half

My brother is a huge Souls fan, seeing him play this beta was pretty crazy. Also one of the best free demos I have ever seen for a game, maybe even THE best. There was more than 12 hours of content

>goty
>anything but rdr2

Souls Gaiden, but without the things that made one souls game great(rest have been meh) and Ninja Gaiden great

looks to be thoroughly mediocre

pls explain to me what they can do that they didn't do in the original? or the expansion?

nu videos
youtube.com/watch?v=8CpDWTt1KqA trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OS8QNkbDbsE don't listen to the guy talking he doesn't know anything
youtube.com/watch?v=6vtFa0CkzJA
youtube.com/watch?v=pmWLRNmFlgw
The sheer level of content in both the Alpha and Beta really was unexpected and made them so fun to play through. A lot of other companies could learn something.

>He thinks RDR2 is coming 2017

they dont have to do anything and it will still win goty
people forget about the games which get released in the first 3 months

But it's not trying to be Souls Gaiden, it's inspirations combine to make it something different, Nioh. Have you played it?

damn i'm so excited for a ps2 game !

>PCucks still mad they have no games coming out for their dead platform
KEK

No kidding, AND it gave you free DLC for the full game. Like holy crap. That's how you make a sale

DaSbabbies will have a hard time because of all those multiple enemy encounters.

The Marks were a great incentive, though having the both be in the Beta instead of one special for each one, while it meant more people could get them both, also cheapened them just a little.
Complaints from all sides means that looks to be something they're reducing in the game when there was no reason to.
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/14/nioh-looking-death-in-the-face/
Real shame, the Alpha especially made multiple enemy encounters appropriately dangerous and taught you to take every advantage possible, but being able to deal with them in combat felt so satisfying and like you're really hit the next level.

It's crazy how bad people were at the Ni-Oh demos. Japan in particular bitched endlessly that it was too difficult and gave it low marks because of that.

And in the west you'd think several years of Souls games would make this a relative cakewalk for normal gamers, but of course the majority are posers who bumbled their way through each souls game and learned nothing and bitch that the first enemy is killing them in Ni-Oh, or saying bird lady is "literally impossible"

>MFW Watching the PS4 Pro in 60FPS mode and this game sold me on the Pro

Whilst I agree that the game's looking like it's been casualised a fair bit since the alpha I'm still quite optimistic. They seem to understand the difficulty is one of the selling points and in the feedback they did mention making bosses more aggressive/giving them new moves (as opposed to just throwing in mobs) for Twilight stages, so I'm hoping they've just toned down the campaign for the casuals but kept Twilight as fun as it was.

But maybe that's too optimistic.

does the game use the cinema mode and make it 60fps instead of the locked 30?

Basically the game has 4 modes for Pro
>1080p Movie which boasts higher graphical quality at 1080p
>1080p Action which has the game having PS4 OG's Movie mode at 60FPS
>4K Movie which has the game running at 3840x2160 at 30FPS
>4K Action which upscales 1080p Action mode

sorry forgot to ad
p Movie which boasts higher graphical quality at 1080p at 30FPS

Japan nowadays is much more focused on playing mobage, with only the dedicated few still appreciating challenge.

Even the threads here were full of people complaining about how it wasn't exactly like Souls, or that it was just too hard or badly designed instead of learning the game itself, which was incredibly ironic and led to the glorious pasta. The irony continues when people either refuse to acknowledge the Beta's been made easier or argue that still was too hard.
If only the game didn't suffer from it though, most of it is still balanced for the original design, so a mode that you can select that reinstates those mechanics and balance would be perfect, just make online based on the host's setting and let you search between yours or all players. Honestly that would've been the best Mark reward possible.
They keep saying that but at the same time they keep doing the opposite, so I'm not so sure. Twilight stages themselves were still a victim of the health nerfs in Beta, them removing the extra enemies instead of keeping them and new moves doesn't really make them harder, and it'll never be a real substitute for the changes to how William-sama controls. Besides, I don't want to have to play through the whole game for a shot at something I have to take care with.

It's good that they're supporting the Pro so heavily, but all I need is that 60fps, game looked nice enough for me in Action mode. Having both settings is a great idea though, I heard they plan on doing it for all their games in the future.

Goty is going to be Automata

But yeah, Nioh is a close second, senpai

Lol no

Nioh is just not going to be better.

I'm sorry. It will probably be the second best thing released next year, but Nier has it in the bag, fag.

This is my spiritfu. There are many like it but this one is mine. My spiritfu is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my spiritfu is useless. Without my spiritfu I am useless. I must use my spiritfu true. I must cut straigther than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must cut him before he cuts me. I will. Before glorious NIPPON I swear this creed: my spiritfu and myself are defenders of my country, we are thee masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, u ntil there is no enemy, but peace. SAYONARA.

Alright Sup Forums, convince me. I've played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II and Bloodborne and I'm fucking burned out on the souls series. I've never played any of the Nioh demos, only seen gameplay videos. Is this game actually fucking awesome? Is it different enough from the Souls games to feel fresh and like its own game? Will I boot it up, start playing and think "Fuck, this feels just like Souls. God fucking damnit." or will I be pleasantly surprised? I want to like this when it releases.

Platinum drone pls

yeah its pretty different. each weapon has different stances, and there are combos and special moves

It will certainly remind you of the souls series since the level design, checkpoint system, level system and some other stuff are basically 1:1 copies of the souls games. Combat is a bit more complex though since it adds stances and allows you to put skillpoints into weapons which unlock new skills and stuff. Gear drops randomly from enemies and has random stats on it.

I just odnt like hitting rocks. i want to hit flesh. i hate it when i hit an enemy over and over again there is no impact and dont die after 3-4 hits. I dont mean the oni demons though

>Is this game actually fucking awesome?
Sure, I think so.
>Is it different enough from the Souls games
A lot more than most people give it credit for. The similarities lie only in how levels work in regards to opening shortcuts to travel around as you progress, the stat system (though the stats themselves are handled differently) and how you lose your Amrita (for leveling up) at the spot where you died, and have to make it there to get it back.
However, the combat is completely different, there's less weapon classes but each one has a large moveset spread over three different stances with unlockable skills you can equip. There was (not so much now but it's still there) also a much larger penalty for Ki/stamina mismanagement, and Ki Pulse (a sort of active reload cancel for Ki) makes things very unique and rewards skill and timing at all times.
It's also using William-sama as the protagonist to tell a more focused story about the age with cutscenes alongside all the lore and info in weapons and items.
An enemy dying instantly isn't the only feedback and method to make attacks feel satisfying, and the weaker enemies (the bandits that still wore armour) were only about 6 or so hits in mid stance. Type of attack matters as well, and they did plenty to make attacking feel visceral without needing to sacrifice balance for it.

>Is this game actually fucking awesome? Is it different enough from the Souls games to feel fresh and like its own game?
yes, definitely

It's alright Soulsfag. I am forgiving and understanding. I love your series, but it will pale in comparison to Nier. And I'll still enjoy the fuck out of them both.

Good day!

Thanks for the info, anons. I'll probably pick it up then. Hopefully since it's being developed by Team Ninja we'll get a hefty helping of fanservice to go along with it.

they said they want to make it less fanservicey so dont expect DOA levels

No, becuase I don't give a shit about any of the Souls-esque games except Bloodborne and Nioh but I don't have a Sony device and I'm suffering because of it.

Heck, I'd be happy with Hyrule Warriors level of fanservice. Just toss in a little cleavage or some underboob while I slay demons and I'll be a happy camper.

bump

Not sure. It looks like Onimusha Sould, and I fear it will be shit by trying to please both God and the devil

Im a bit more optimistic.i think it will be fine but it will have a niche player base

They've gone on record saying that they won't be doing blatant in your face anime tiddy style fanservice because it's not appropriate for the kind of game they want it to be, but there's a bunch of girls (human and yokai) so far and they're all cute, so that's all it needs.
The Alpha and Beta proved that the formula they had worked fantastically, the only threat is from the devil known as "appealing to a wider audience".

spiritfu better have a cool element

Her element will be love.